View Full Version : Most impressive semifinal win AND FCS play of the week

mtoliver
December 10th, 2006, 07:39 PM
I think I know where this one's going..... But here it is. 2 Questions.

Which win was more impressive, Appalachian's 27th straight at The Rock over Ytown 49-24, or UMass's Wa-Griz invasion 19-17???

And......

What would you say was the play of the week in the FCS??? :thumbsup:

ASU Kep
December 10th, 2006, 07:41 PM
App's win was obviously more impressive but the play of the week was the strip/safety I guess in the UMass/UM game.

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM
My vote is heavily biased, but I still think UMass beating us at home. Probably the only team capable of doing so in the I-AA. We played a bad game that night, and you guys did us in, but when Montana has a good day/night at Wa. Grizzly we're damn near impossible to beat.

As for App. State's 27th straight, I believe in quality over quantity.

mtoliver
December 10th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I'm an App fan myself but I was thoroughly impressed with how Umass handled an environment where very few visiting teams are allowed to leave with a 'W'. But, at the same time App walked away with a 25 point win in a semifinal game. The 'homer' in me says App's game wins but it could be a coin flip. I say the best game was Griz/Mass, but most impressive goes to App.

As for the play of the week, I also believe the strip/fumble was the play of the week but I'm open to suggestion.

AppIAA
December 10th, 2006, 08:50 PM
As for App. State's 27th straight, I believe in quality over quantity.

So are you saying a NC and a chance at 2 consecutive isnt quality?

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2006, 08:56 PM
So are you saying a NC and a chance at 2 consecutive isnt quality? This thread is about the best game/play from these last two games. That's phenominal, but we're only talking one game, and out of those two games the UMass - Montana game was more impressive, in my opinion. App. St. has had two awesome seasons; I'm not taking that away from you at all. However, we're looking at 2 games, not two seasons.

AppIAA
December 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
This thread is about the best game/play from these last two games. That's phenominal, but we're only talking one game, and out of those two games the UMass - Montana game was more impressive, in my opinion. App. St. has had two awesome seasons; I'm not taking that away from you at all. However, we're looking at 2 games, not two seasons.

Ok, i guess I misread it.. it was sounding like you were saying the 27 straight wins at home were good, but the quality of the wins weren't very good..

kardplayer
December 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I watched both games, and I have to say I think App State destroying a very good Youngstown team was the more impressive victory, but its a tough choice.

The most important play of the weekend was definitely the game winning safety, but there may have been a better one for the highlight reel...

ncguitarplyr
December 10th, 2006, 10:17 PM
app beat youngstown state by 24pts....umass beat montana by 2....so if you think montana is 22pts better than youngstown state i guess you'd pick the umass win....but you probably only think that based on how bad app beat ysu...the question is did app beat them that bad cause they weren't that good or did app beat them that bad because app IS that good....i think app just is that good and that win is more impressive

tralfangar
December 10th, 2006, 10:28 PM
UMass going into WaGriz and coming out with a win without a doubt was the most impressive.

I'd say play of the week was the blocked punt by App because it set the tone for the entire game early on.

Peems
December 10th, 2006, 10:48 PM
play of the week is the one no one has mentioned...the final interception. griz had a chance but umass slammed the door shut before we could even get our foot in.

December 10th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Tuesday on WAVES...

appfan2008
December 10th, 2006, 11:42 PM
UMASS win was more impressive even though blowing YSU out was pretty nice

anytime Baylark, Richardson or Edwards ran the ball were the best plays