PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - The End

carney2
November 15th, 2015, 01:06 PM
This can't end soon enough for some of these teams.

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ COLGATE

Game of the Week: Lafayette @ Lehigh - Why not? None of these games mean squat, so we go with "tradition."

Fordham
November 15th, 2015, 01:53 PM
So with the way the season seems to be ending, do Gate and Engineer fans feel like their teams have made good strides with scholarships now or is the jury still out for you?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2015, 02:45 PM
So with the way the season seems to be ending, do Gate and Engineer fans feel like their teams have made good strides with scholarships now or is the jury still out for you?

Some good talent but overall Colgate and Lehigh have had much better teams without scholarships.....

Lehigh'98
November 15th, 2015, 03:29 PM

Need to start winning some OOC and/or playoff games to say that. That's the tricky part about judging late season success in-conference when the league is having a down year.

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Colgate

bonarae
November 15th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Colgate

Agreed.

van
November 15th, 2015, 04:52 PM

ask me this time next year with 4 classes of scholarships

van
November 15th, 2015, 04:57 PM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS, this is a toss up, going with the home team

LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH, what trickery has the frankosaurus come up with during the bye? Engineers should score enough to out pace Pards

BUCKNELL @ COLGATE, gators with nothing to play for but Buffs can't score

34-19 on the year, pretty lame like our D

ngineer
November 15th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I am going with the Crusaders on home field advantage, 31-27.

Colgate will still be playing for the pride of a 6-0 record and not having to 'share' the championship with Fordham, even though they get the autobid.

Lehigh must and will win over Laughyette. Retribution from last year's embarrassment will be at play. The team also senses they are on the 'upswing' and a strong finish will help keep the off-season warm. Good Guys, 38-26.

Go...gate
November 16th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Some good talent but overall Colgate and Lehigh have had much better teams without scholarships.....

+1

I believe we had more depth and flexibility under the old system.

KillaBee
November 16th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Well this is my season ending prediction/Pick'em for 2015. Throughout the entire 2015 season, I do not believe that I've been too far off, that is why, I am going on a limb this week and predicting a Lafayette win over Lehigh.

The Leopards have had a week off too prepare and Saturday will be a great day for football. I hope all of you have enjoyed this season and thank you for embracing all my knowledge.
The Patriot League is awesome and congrads to Colgate for winning the Patriot league title. I will watch the playoff game from the comforts of the Honey Comb, and will be cheering Colgate on...

However,,,,,,,, there is 1 more game.... The rivalry between Lafayette College and the Lehigh owls.

I expect the Lehigh owls to score at least 13 points this week, but I do not believe it will be enough to beat the Leopards.

Carney & Pard4life pick your head up, you are a true champion!!!

I am predicting the Leopards by 33..................... Watch the show!!!!!!

KK & JK its been awesome!!! I am ready Sunday to begin to prepare for my predictions for the 2016 season..... I believe the Leopards will win!!!!!

Too ALL,, if you have gone against any of my predictions this year,, I encourage you to take the leopards by 33 this week against the Lehigh OWLS, and as always................... BET THE HOUSE!!!!!!!

Gate83
November 16th, 2015, 07:47 AM

Jury is still out. There are very few seniors on the depth charts of most teams in the league, next few years should tell the tale.

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Well this is my season ending prediction/Pick'em for 2015. Throughout the entire 2015 season, I do not believe that I've been too far off, that is why, I am going on a limb this week and predicting a Lafayette win over Lehigh.

The Leopards have had a week off too prepare and Saturday will be a great day for football. I hope all of you have enjoyed this season and thank you for embracing all my knowledge.
The Patriot League is awesome and congrads to Colgate for winning the Patriot league title. I will watch the playoff game from the comforts of the Honey Comb, and will be cheering Colgate on...

However,,,,,,,, there is 1 more game.... The rivalry between Lafayette College and the Lehigh owls.

I expect the Lehigh owls to score at least 13 points this week, but I do not believe it will be enough to beat the Leopards.

KK & JK its been awesome!!! I am ready Sunday to begin to prepare for my predictions for the 2016 season..... I believe the Leopards will win!!!!!

Too ALL,, if you have gone against any of my predictions this year,, I encourage you to take the leopards by 33 this week against the Lehigh OWLS, and as always................... BET THE HOUSE!!!!!!!

All I have left is my trailer :( BUT IM DOING IT.... Can I come live with you Killa if this goes the other way :)

PAllen
November 16th, 2015, 08:08 AM
+1

I believe we had more depth and flexibility under the old system.

Agreed. While there is definitely some better talent at the skilled positions, the roster limit is killing us. Instead of paring down to the travel squad for away games, the travel squad is the entire team. A few injuries, and all of a sudden, you're out of guys.

For my predictions?

Home team sweep. HC will win at home and Gilmore will keep his job. Lehigh will find a way to make it interesting, but will score just enough points to win. Colgate in a game whose total score may out pace total attendance.

KillaBee
November 16th, 2015, 08:14 AM
All I have left is my trailer :( BUT IM DOING IT.... Can I come live with you Killa if this goes the other way :)

Pard4life... Of course you can... I will build you many houses.. I want you to understand 2016 will be much better, young, inexperienced, a little of this and a little of that... was the downfall this year.. I see you are passionate so bring the cowbell to the game.. they will not put you out. Plus, it will be hard for them too come back from being down by 33...........

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2015, 09:01 AM

YES YES YES!!!

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2015, 09:06 AM
So, does Gilmore get the axe if Georgetown handles HC this week?

eiu1999
November 16th, 2015, 09:14 AM
GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ COLGATE

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2015, 10:06 AM
All three games will be closer then everyone thinks. On that I think we can all bet the house.

Gater
November 16th, 2015, 10:15 AM
When it comes to Colgate, I think the question is: Where would Colgate be without scholarships? The top 3 QB's are all underclassmen, 6 of the 7 leading rushers are underclassmen (Wilkins counting as a junior skews this), 4 of the top 5 receivers are underclassmen, and 4 of the 5 starting O linemen are underclassmen. On D, 10 of the top 11 tacklers are underclassmen. (Two seniors who would be in the top 11 if they hadn't gotten hurt, but some underclassmen have also gotten hurt that could have contributed.) That's 27 of the 31 most important slots being filled by underclassmen. Would Colgate have found 27 better players without scholarships? That would have been asking a lot of the coaching staff. Colgate and the entire league were trending down. We can all see where we are after three years of scholarships--but where would teams be if they didn't have scholarships? Can't imagine schools would be in a better position.

Colgate's fortunes changed when

Bill
November 16th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Took it on the chin last week, going 1-2. Now at 36-17 overall.

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS - Why not? I rarely pick the Hoyas, and this may be one of the better teams they will have going forward without scholarships...G-Town, 23-18.
LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH - This game shouldn't be that close, but Lehigh's defense is putrid. Andy gets another year, and we have to live with another miserable season of defense. LU, 44-32.
BUCKNELL @ COLGATE - Colgate tunes up for the the playoffs, 32-16.

Where's Bogie this week? I miss the graphics, even if they poke fun at my alma mater.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2015, 10:33 AM
When it comes to Colgate, I think the question is: Where would Colgate be without scholarships? The top 3 QB's are all underclassmen, 6 of the 7 leading rushers are underclassmen (Wilkins counting as a junior skews this), 4 of the top 5 receivers are underclassmen, and 4 of the 5 starting O linemen are underclassmen. On D, 10 of the top 11 tacklers are underclassmen. (Two seniors who would be in the top 11 if they hadn't gotten hurt, but some underclassmen have also gotten hurt that could have contributed.) That's 27 of the 31 most important slots being filled by underclassmen. Would Colgate have found 27 better players without scholarships? That would have been asking a lot of the coaching staff. Colgate and the entire league were trending down. We can all see where we are after three years of scholarships--but where would teams be if they didn't have scholarships? Can't imagine schools would be in a better position.

Considering Lehigh was only in contention for the league title thanks to the contributions of scholarship freshmen, I have to agree with Gater here.

Fordham
November 16th, 2015, 10:48 AM

Colgate's fortunes changed when

Holy cliff hanger!!!

Gater
November 16th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Saving that for next season. Don't want to give away too much!!!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Everyone else is relying on frosh and underclassmen to make a title run.

We use that reason as an excuse for losing.

See why we are PO'd Pards?

KillaBee
November 16th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Everyone else is relying on frosh and underclassmen to make a title run.

We use that reason as an excuse for losing.

See why we are PO'd Pards?

I did not factor in the criminal element. However i still believe the Leopards will win... by 33...

Engineer86
November 16th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Need to start winning some OOC and/or playoff games to say that. That's the tricky part about judging late season success in-conference when the league is having a down year.

+1

Southsider
November 16th, 2015, 03:11 PM

Are you sure it won't be from a room with 4 padded wallsxcrazyx

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2015, 08:30 PM

KillaBee has spirit! The best you have is LFN with his quadratic equation analysis of ... wait for it... how Lehigh will win every week.

Leopards over the Owls by 33!

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I did not factor in the criminal element. However i still believe the Leopards will win... by 33...

33 is probably the best player on the team. He is a stud.

i honestly think we have the guys we need in the freshman and sophomore class, but we need better coaching.

RichH2
November 16th, 2015, 09:16 PM
33 is probably the best player on the team. He is a stud.

i honestly think we have the guys we need in the freshman and sophomore class, but we need better coaching.
Geez,almost a verbatim quote of a bunch of Lehigh posters. Sensing a trend :):)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2015, 11:06 PM
KillaBee has spirit! The best you have is LFN with his quadratic equation analysis of ... wait for it... how Lehigh will win every week.

Leopards over the Owls by 33!

Obvious jealousy that you never had to solve a quadratic equation to graduate from Lafayette.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 17th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Georgetown
Colgate
Lehigh

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2015, 06:04 AM
17 GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS 24
24 LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH 42
20 BUCKNELL @ COLGATE 31

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Obvious jealousy that you never had to solve a quadratic equation to graduate from Lafayette.

From high shool, yes. Lafayette was more complicated than that.

KillaBee
November 17th, 2015, 03:28 PM

South,

THE LEOPARDS WILL WIN by 33... against the lehigh owls

KillaBee
November 17th, 2015, 03:37 PM

This is Football.... owl,... Who cares how high the ball reached,, its the final score...and the lehigh owls will lose Saturday..

the last indian
November 17th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Quadratic equation? Do you need that for supply chain management?
as for scholarships, last Saturday I noticed that most of the skilled starting players for both Lehigh and the Red Raiders are underclass men. Clearly, scholarships have helped. Also the fact that the league was more competitive with Fordham is a sign of progress that scholarships have aided those chasing Fordham.
Predictions
Georgetowm
Lafayette
Colgate

more heart than brain

ColgateTD
November 18th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Holy Cross - G'town getting better as the season rolls along, but PP has a career day in Worchester. Gilmore stays. 34-21.

Lehigh - Carney has promised me the Pards will win #151, but I see retribution on the minds of the EnginHawks. Coen has tricks up his sleeve and the D rises to the occasion, 35-28.

Colgate - will this be a letdown for the Gate? Can the backups play a decent game vs the Bison? Hard to predict, but Coach Hunt would like to go undefeated in the PL so will keep the first string in long enough to secure a W, 29-14.

36-4 on the season; 90% - I do believe I win the season's prediction contest, eh?

Bill
November 18th, 2015, 10:26 PM
36-4 on the season; 90% - I do believe I win the season's prediction contest, eh?

No! It's kid of like winning the batting title in MLB. While your prognostications were impressive, you needed to pick a minimum of 48 games to qualifyxlolx

carney2
November 19th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Carney has promised me the Pards will win #151

Show me the words. Quote me the quote.

You can quote me on this however: The Pards will win at least one of their next two games. (They open 2016 with CCSU, one of the few teams in the country worse than them.)

DFW HOYA
November 19th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Seems like a quiet week on the PL front.

The Lehigh-Lafayette game has no title implications, no Yankee Stadium appearance, and continued grumblings about both coaches. Yes, a big deal in the Valley, but without the impact of prior years.

Colgate-Bucknell has no title implications and figures to be a one-sided affair. Bucknell drew just 2,011 for its last home game.

Georgetown-Holy Cross has a friends and family feel to it. Coach Gilmore cannot afford another loss to the PL's outlier.

Fordham is idle with a likely road trip to New Hampshire or Richmond in the works. if they don't get a bid, that will be a story all its own.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2015, 09:58 AM
If Fordham doesn't get a bid it would be a complete travesty.

carney2
November 19th, 2015, 12:07 PM
My Fearless Prediction:

LFN will pick the upset in No. 151.

LUHawker
November 19th, 2015, 12:22 PM
If Fordham doesn't get a bid it would be a complete travesty.

Why? Because they defeated Army? They narrowly escaped HC, Lehigh and I think Bucknell. Lost to Nova and the only PL team with an O and a D.

To me they are exactly like Lehigh's 10-1 team that was left out in 2012. The only difference is the the playoff field is now 4 teams bigger. If it was the same size, then they don't get in.

However, I don't think this would be a "travesty".

PAllen
November 19th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Why? Because they defeated Army? They narrowly escaped HC, Lehigh and I think Bucknell. Lost to Nova and the only PL team with an O and a D.

To me they are exactly like Lehigh's 10-1 team that was left out in 2012. The only difference is the the playoff field is now 4 teams bigger. If it was the same size, then they don't get in.

With what's happening elsewhere around the country, yeah it would be a travesty.

CFBfan
November 19th, 2015, 12:50 PM

if you took just a quick look at the rest of the field you would quickly realize that it would be.
Get over 2012 and your homer mentality

LUHawker
November 19th, 2015, 05:21 PM
if you took just a quick look at the rest of the field you would quickly realize that it would be.
Get over 2012 and your homer mentality
Thanks for telling me I need to get over 2012, jacka$$. Way past that. Also, not sure how you inferred it as a homer post: It's called a comparison.

ColgateTD
November 19th, 2015, 07:54 PM
No! It's kid of like winning the batting title in MLB. While your prognostications were impressive, you needed to pick a minimum of 48 games to qualifyxlolx

LOL. I hear ya Bill. But remember I missed the first week or so. Do you have more impressive numbers to disclose? :)

FordhamFan
November 19th, 2015, 08:36 PM

Name one win that Lehigh team had that's remotely comparable to even the worst FBS win? Monmouth? Liberty? Both .500 teams. Cmon now

NY Crusader 2010
November 19th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Colgate-Bucknell has no title implications and figures to be a one-sided affair.

I'm calling a close game here. Wouldn't surprise me to see Bucknell pull an upset as they have had a history of knocking off PL champs in otherwise meaningless finales. A 6-5 team winning the PL autobid and going to the playoffs almost seems fitting.

CFBfan
November 19th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Thanks for telling me I need to get over 2012, jacka$$. Way past that. Also, not sure how you inferred it as a homer post: It's called a comparison.

nah, you're just an LU jacka$$ that thinks the FCS revolves around you....get over yourself dbag

CFBfan
November 19th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Name one win that Lehigh team had that's remotely comparable to even the worst FBS win? Monmouth? Liberty? Both .500 teams. Cmon now

he can't Fordhamfan, luhawker is just an uninformed homer who thinks LU is the center of the FCS and everything should revolve around the brownstains

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2015, 10:45 AM
he can't Fordhamfan, luhawker is just an uninformed homer who thinks LU is the center of the FCS and everything should revolve around the brownstains

Bit harsh for the comparison he made.

Sandlapper Spike
November 20th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Fordham is a lock. If a team has 9 D1 wins on its résumé, including a victory over an FBS team, there is no way it isn't getting one of the 14 at-large bids. That would indeed be a travesty.

Now, I'm not saying it should get a seed...

--

GEORGETOWN @ HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE @ LEHIGH
BUCKNELL @ COLGATE

carney2
November 20th, 2015, 12:16 PM
A 6-5 team winning the PL autobid and going to the playoffs almost seems fitting.

And almost becoming a tradition.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Supply chain management = box inspector and packaging. At $60,000 per year at Lehigh, no wonder students drown in debt!

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Supply chain management = box inspector and packaging. At $60,000 per year at Lehigh, no wonder students drown in debt!

Technically that's a packaging engineer you describe.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Technically that's a packaging engineer you describe.

At least they will have lots of Lafayette grads to manage.

KillaBee
November 20th, 2015, 01:10 PM
THE LAFAYETTE LEOPARDS WILL WIN AGAINST THE LEHIGH OWLS... BY 33.... BET THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!

CFBfan
November 20th, 2015, 01:14 PM

none! in 2012 LU had more cupcakes then a bakery

CFBfan
November 20th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Bit harsh for the comparison he made.

no, not for his follow up comments

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 01:26 PM
none! in 2012 LU had more cupcakes then a bakery

Full scholarship Liberty were Big South co-champions that season. Since the playoffs expanded, no other team with 10 Division I wins were ever denied a playoff spot.

CFBfan
November 20th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Full scholarship Liberty were Big South co-champions that season. Since the playoffs expanded, no other team with 10 Division I wins were ever denied a playoff spot.

LU played 11 games when just about everyone else played 12
the 5 OOC games included Monmouth, Columbia, CCS and a not very good Princeton team put the frosting on them!!

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2015, 01:52 PM
LU played 11 games when just about everyone else played 12
the 5 OOC games included Monmouth, Columbia, CCS and a not very good Princeton team put the frosting on them!!

Had we played Harvard instead of Columbia, we were in. Ashame they stopped playing us.

CFBfan
November 20th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Had we played Harvard instead of Columbia, we were in. Ashame they stopped playing us.

I would agree with that 98 or a decent CAA team.......assuming of course that LU would have won that game!!!

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2015, 02:29 PM
I would agree with that 98 or a decent CAA team.......assuming of course that LU would have won that game!!!

Nothing was a given that year. Every game was close. It was a screwed up year as it was for the playoffs as Towson dropped 60 on UNH in November and UNH got in instead of them anyway.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Wah wah wah 2012!!

BEAT THE OWLS! Pards by 33!!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction. carney will be disappointed. Also, Killabee.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/game-breakdown-rivalry151-lafayette-at.html

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Holy Cross 34 Georgetown 26 - HC can't lose again to the Hoyas, can they? I'll take the home team to squeak by on a chilly day Worcester...

Colgate 31 Bucknell 20 - For the sake of the league don't lose this one 'Gate! The Raiders should be able to get it done on the tundra...

Lehigh 44 Lafayette 27 - This is as much of a MUST win for Lehigh as I've ever seen in this rivalry. You can't lose to a 1-9 team on your home field after how the last two years went down. A reasonably convincing win to cap a 6-5 season will hopefully get the ball rolling towards a return to national relevancy in 2016....

Go...gate
November 20th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Georgetown 27, Holy Cross 23

Lehigh 28. Lafayette 12

Colgate 24, Bucknell 16

Bonus pick: Dartmouth 33, Princeton 14

carney2
November 20th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction. carney will be disappointed. Also, Killabee.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/game-breakdown-rivalry151-lafayette-at.html

LFN Picks Lehigh. I'm shocked. Did not see that coming.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 08:57 PM
This it.. the end.. the 2013 Patriot Pick 'em Champ has been disgraced... so, double down!

Georgetown 28, Holy Cross 24... Hoyas have been underrated this year, why not go out in style?

Colgate 41, Bucknell 17... expected more outta Bucky this year, but they could challenge Gate

Lafayette Leopards 47, Lehigh Owls 14... I was 8-0 in Lehigh pick'em games this year... until the HC game... and then the Colgate game.. I've lost two in a row... will it be three in a row?! LEOPARDS BY 33!! BET THE HOUSE!!

Bonus Pick: Dartmouth 38, Princeton 17

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 09:03 PM

http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/191061

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 09:05 PM

Lehigh by 33 points? What a troll!! What a TURD!! What am I saying? Of course he is a TURD... if it's brown, flush it down..

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Lehigh by 33 points? What a troll!! What a TURD!! What am I saying? Of course he is a TURD... if it's brown, flush it down..

:D

Leopard Loyalist
November 20th, 2015, 10:46 PM
One can make a case that each game this week has a fair shot to go either way. Nothing daring in my predictions, however.

Colgate would love to be the sole occupant of first place.
Holy Cross hangs on and saves Gilmore's neck.
Logic triumphs over sentiment, and Lehigh beats Lafayette, but more likely by 3 than by 33.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Bucknell shocks Colgate, 28-16, and G'Town upends Holy Cross, 28-21.

van
November 21st, 2015, 10:20 AM

really, and you are picking Pards?

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2015, 10:29 AM
really, and you are picking Pards?

Something has to give!!

Sader87
November 21st, 2015, 12:47 PM
HC 31-0 H..... GTown playing like they nevah left DC.

crusader11
November 21st, 2015, 03:27 PM
Brendan Flaherty sets the single-season record for receptions. He reeled in 106 this year for 1,082 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Kalif Raymond also had a big season with 74 catches for 978 yards and nine touchdowns.

Both should be named First Team All PL.

the last indian
November 21st, 2015, 03:44 PM
The Red Raiders squeak by the Bison to go undefeated in the PL. But it was a butt ugly win. Credit to BU's defense which played a tough game. On to the playoffs.

ColgateTD
November 21st, 2015, 04:53 PM
An ugly win beats a beautiful loss!

I have anointed myself "Champion of The Thread" with my 39-4 prognostication totals (.9069767 %). If anyone else can match or beat this, I will relinquish my crown.

Thus endith the season. Thanks to Carny2 for running the thread again. On to the playoffs!

van
November 21st, 2015, 05:00 PM
An ugly win beats a beautiful loss!

I have anointed myself "Champion of The Thread" with my 39-4 prognostication totals (.9069767 %). If anyone else can match or beat this, I will relinquish my crown.

Thus endith the season. Thanks to Carny2 for running the thread again. On to the playoffs!

you forgot your 14 forfeits, makes you 39-18

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 07:25 PM
Congrats to Colgate on the league title AND notching 7 d1 wins. It looks better for the Colgate and the league when that happens. I'd say the same thing Lehigh went 6-5 and got the bid.

Colgate should enter next season as the favorite again. They ultimately were the most complete team in the league. Lehigh and Fordham will be right on their heels but both have varying degrees of chronically bad defense. Holy Cross could be in the mix too...

Hopefully they put forth a competitive performance in the playoffs. Outside of '03 it's been ugly, real ugly...

carney2
November 21st, 2015, 07:45 PM
Colgate should enter next season as the favorite again. They ultimately were the most complete team in the league. Lehigh and Fordham will be right on their heels but both have varying degrees of chronically bad defense. Holy Cross could be in the mix too...

What about Lafayette? Coaching stability should count for something.

crusader11
November 21st, 2015, 07:54 PM
2016 should be a great race between Colgate, Fordham, Lehigh, and HC.

Hard to see Bucknell, Lafayette, and Georgetown contending. Bucknell was the most disappointing team this season, IMO.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2015, 08:25 PM
So it appears Gilmore did the bare minimum to avoid getting canned??

ngineer
November 21st, 2015, 08:53 PM
Congrats to Colgate on the league title AND notching 7 d1 wins. It looks better for the Colgate and the league when that happens. I'd say the same thing Lehigh went 6-5 and got the bid.

Hopefully they put forth a competitive performance in the playoffs. Outside of '03 it's been ugly, real ugly...

Really? I think Lehigh's wins over CAA champ Towson and Northern Iowa, both on the road, were meritorious.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 08:55 PM
Really? I think Lehigh's wins over CAA champ Towson and Northern Iowa, both on the road, were meritorious.

I was referring to Colgate's playoff performances. All of their playoff losses have been by 10 points or more. Most by much more.....

I think this Colgate team is better than the 2012 version. They might be better than 2008 too. I think they'd give UNH a much better game the second time around if they were to face them...

Sader87
November 21st, 2015, 10:17 PM
So it appears Gilmore did the bare minimum to avoid getting canned??

We shall see...he didn't beat anyone of consequence this year....much more difficult schedule (on paper) in 2016....dude seems to have 9 lives

ngineer
November 21st, 2015, 10:25 PM
We shall see...he didn't beat anyone of consequence this year....much more difficult schedule (on paper) in 2016....dude seems to have 9 lives

I'd like to see him come back to Lehigh as our DC.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2015, 02:12 PM
Playoff match-ups for PL teams....
Colgate @ UNH
Fordham @ Chatty

Obviously tall tasks but not the worst match-ups. I don't see either PL winning but I also don't see these games being blowouts. Colgate probably has the better shot. A PL team has to take out the Wildcats in the playoffs at some point. Right?

Chatty is a very physical team. Edmonds against their D will be interesting to watch....

ngineer
November 22nd, 2015, 06:18 PM
Playoff match-ups for PL teams....
Colgate @ UNH
Fordham @ Chatty

Obviously tall tasks but not the worst match-ups. I don't see either PL winning but I also don't see these games being blowouts. Colgate probably has the better shot. A PL team has to take out the Wildcats in the playoffs at some point. Right?

Chatty is a very physical team. Edmonds against their D will be interesting to watch....

Raiders will have a tough time in Durham. Everyone does. Not enough 'D' to keep the Wildcats down.

Not familiar enough with UTC's defense, but if they have a good run D, you have to give them the edge. If not, Edmonds could make it interesting.