PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 10 (The Final Week) - 2015 edition

bonarae
November 14th, 2015, 11:00 PM
So, with Penn's shocker at Harvard last week, nothing is sure of who gets the trophy. Who knows, there maybe two who will share it...

(Friday) Brown at Columbia - Columbia couldn't even score last week.
Princeton at Dartmouth - can the Big Green share the title?
Cornell at Penn
Harvard at Yale

Go...gate
November 14th, 2015, 11:27 PM
After Yale's come-from-behind win today, I have a feeling that Princeton will be trounced at Hanover.

bulldog10jw
November 15th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Columbia - Brown has packed it in for this year
Dartmouth - by 20
Penn - by 30
Harvard

Son of Eli
November 15th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Columbia - Brown has packed it in for this year
Dartmouth - by 20
Penn - by 30
Harvard

The first game under the lights in the 101 year history of the Yale Bowl will cast a magic spell and result in an epic choke by Harvard. Look for an outstanding performance by Yale's defense which is increasing in confidence every week.

Brown
Dartmouth
Penn
YALE

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Columbia
Penn
Dartmouth
Yale -- I don't know about "epic choke," but Yale is due for a win vs. Harvard at the Bowl.

World
November 15th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Columbia (Columbia's defense pulls through, 10-6)
Princeton (hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)
Penn
Harvard (Crimson take out their frustrations against the Eli)

bulldog10jw
November 15th, 2015, 06:56 PM
The the first game under the lights in the 101 year history The Yale Bowl will cast a magic spell and result in an epic choke by Harvard. Look for an outstanding performance by Yale's defense which is increasing in confidence every week.

Brown
Dartmouth
Penn
YALE

I hope Yale wins, but I seriously doubt Harvard would choke. Actually, I'm not even sure what a football team choking would involve. Do all 22 players choke, or just the offense or just the defense, or the special teams, or can it be just one player? Is a fumble a choke, or an interception, or do they just happen because of good defensive play?

Let's just hope for a Yale win.

Ivytalk
November 15th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Given the general lack of enthusiasm for Ivy football, and since Yale's only role this year is as a spoiler, I'd be stunned if the attendance for The Game exceeds 45K.

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Given the general lack of enthusiasm for Ivy football, and since Yale's only role this year is as a spoiler, I'd be stunned if the attendance for The Game exceeds 45K.

Paid attendance will still be 50k +

But more than usual will just stay in the parking lot

Go Green
November 16th, 2015, 06:09 AM
(hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)

Sure! Allow me!

Dartmouth
Cornell
Yale
Columbia

bulldog10jw
November 18th, 2015, 06:10 AM

Looks like your attendance prediction will be pretty close, IT

http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-basics-132nd-game.html

Crowd: Expected 40,000-50,000

Son of Eli
November 18th, 2015, 07:25 AM
I hope Yale wins, but I seriously doubt Harvard would choke. Actually, I'm not even sure what a football team choking would involve. Do all 22 players choke, or just the offense or just the defense, or the special teams, or can it be just one player? Is a fumble a choke, or an interception, or do they just happen because of good defensive play?

Let's just hope for a Yale win.

By choke I mean having a 8-0 team with a 22 game win streak, ranked 13th in the country and first in the Ivy League and then loosing their next two games, ending up not ranked, no league championship and no HYP Championship. That would be a choke. And yes teams can choke. See '78 Red Sox as just one example. Another closer example would be the 2007 Yale team. Time for Yale to return the favor.

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Looks like your attendance prediction will be pretty close, IT

http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-basics-132nd-game.html

Crowd: Expected 40,000-50,000

My son and I went to the '97 Game at the Bowl, when Yale had a bad year (Walland's first year as QB, IIRC), and they had a very small crowd: about 27K. Weather expected to be high 40s and partly cloudy.

- - - Updated - - -

By choke I mean having a 8-0 team with a 22 game win streak, ranked 13th in the country and first in the Ivy League and then loosing their next two games, ending up not ranked, no league championship and no HYP Championship. That would be a choke. And yes teams can choke. See '78 Red Sox as just one example. Another closer example would be the 2007 Yale team. Time for Yale to return the favor.

With that explanation, I might actually agree with you.

bulldog10jw
November 18th, 2015, 10:27 AM

No doubt Yale choked in 2007 and also against Princeton in 2006. From everything I have heard, much of the blame goes to Jack Siedleck who had the players wound so tight they could hardly breathe.

That is the game that ultimately cost him his job although that Princeton game the year before didn't help (neither did the triple OT loss to H in 2005).

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2015, 11:24 AM
No doubt Yale choked in 2007 and also against Princeton in 2006. From everything I have heard, much of the blame goes to Jack Siedleck who had the players wound so tight they could hardly breathe.

That is the game that ultimately cost him his job although that Princeton game the year before didn't help (neither did the triple OT loss to H in 2005).
If Harvard comes out flat on Saturday, we're toast. We've played like crap in the second half the last two weeks.

World
November 21st, 2015, 12:31 PM
halftime

Princeton - 7
Dartmouth - 0

bulldog10jw
November 21st, 2015, 12:39 PM
halftime

Princeton - 7
Dartmouth - 0

A Princeton win would ruin Dartmouth's season. I'll be curious to see what happens in the 2nd half.

World
November 21st, 2015, 01:50 PM
4th quarter 4:54

Princeton - 10
Dartmouth - 10

Princeton with ball

- - - Updated - - -

Princeton needs revenge for what Dartmouth did 2 years ago

World
November 21st, 2015, 01:54 PM
3rd and 3 and Princeton QB does what he does best, throws an Interception

Dartmouth ball

bulldog10jw
November 21st, 2015, 02:10 PM
3rd and 3 and Princeton QB does what he does best, throws an Interception

Dartmouth ball

Princeton let it get away. 17-10 Dartmouth.

World
November 21st, 2015, 02:16 PM
Final

Dartmouth - 17
Princeton - 10

bulldog10jw
November 21st, 2015, 02:19 PM
Final

Dartmouth - 17
Princeton - 10

Too bad. There's nothing worse than being ahead most of the game then giving it up in the 4th.

bulldog10jw
November 21st, 2015, 05:18 PM
If Harvard comes out flat on Saturday, we're toast. We've played like crap in the second half the last two weeks.

Congrats, IT. I do have to tell you though, I'm getting tired of congratulating you each year.

I remember thinking after Yale won in 2006, snapping a five game Harvard streak, well, that will never happen again. Little did I know it would get worse.

The most depressing thing is, I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me as much as it should, or at least than it used to.

Sorry for the rant. Congrats on the win.

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2015, 05:20 PM
Harvard wins The Game 38-19 to share in a rare 3-way Ivy title. I can't remember a 3-way tie with 6-1 League records. I remember a 3-way tie with 5-2 League records years ago.

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2015, 05:23 PM
Congrats, IT. I do have to tell you though, I'm getting tired of congratulating you each year.

I remember thinking after Yale won in 2006, snapping a five game Harvard streak, well, that will never happen again. Little did I know it would get worse.

The most depressing thing is, I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me as much as it should, or at least than it used to.

Sorry for the rant. Congrats on the win.
Thanks, Bulldog. You're always a class act. I didn't expect much today after our weak showing the past 2 weeks. Already looking forward to next year.xthumbsupx

Tepid congratulations to Dartmouth.xcoffeex

And puck Fenn.:D

bonarae
November 21st, 2015, 05:25 PM
Season's over, and as we never expected it, a 3-way share of the Ivy title is in the books.

What's in store for next year?

Good luck picking on a bandwagon team for the playoffs; I'm going with Dayton, Portland State and The Citadel.

Go Green
November 22nd, 2015, 06:43 PM
What's in store for next year?

l.

Dartmouth is graduating a lot of players. The good news is that we've recruited well the past few years and we have talented guys waiting in the wings at most positions.

The big question mark is quarterback. Freshman Bruce Dixon looked good in mopup duty this season. But whether or not he is ready to be "the man" will be a very open question in the offseason.