PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 5.0

Pages : 1 2 [3]

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2015, 03:27 PM
You guys should be rooting for Lamar this weekend. If that happens very likely two of the top 3 MVFC teams are placed on the other side of the bracket.

We will just have to wait and see who's on what side, either way we have to win out. To be the man you got to beat the man, right? Plus, having them at home may work out to our advantage.

LeeshaJo
November 19th, 2015, 03:30 PM
We will just have to wait and see who's on what side, either way we have to win out. To be the man you got to beat the man, right? Plus, having them at home may work out to our advantage.

This. At this point you have to beat who is in front of you... Fun time of year though isn't it?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2015, 03:33 PM
This. At this point you have to beat who is in front of you... Fun time of year though isn't it?
Not yet, ask me in two more weeks. ;)

FargoBison
November 19th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I see your logic... Honestly, I would rather see something like this than a bracket that ends up with SDSU going up to Fargo late in the tournament. Nobody is talking about it, but if Wentz is coming back (if I remember right, he could potentially be back by the semifinals), I don't want that match up again... this time in Fargo... One of Wentz's last games... Yeah, no thanks.

Well if it was up to the some of the bozos on Bisonville Wentz wouldn't start.

CappinHard
November 19th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Well if it was up to the some of the bozos on Bisonville Wentz wouldn't start.

http://i.giphy.com/12ClTeBg4yvkiI.gif

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Holy crap, our side of the bracket is loaded, UNI, SDSU, ISUr, CSU, Coastal, Portland State. Wow, suddenly I want the #2 seed.

Think it's tough for you guys? SDSU would have to likely beat Portland/UNI, then ISUR again, just to get the prize of playing you guys, and if they pull that off, we most likely face the Bison. Talk about a brutal run. Please no.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Think it's tough for you guys? SDSU would have to likely beat Portland/UNI, then ISUR again, just to get the prize of playing you guys, and if they pull that off, we most likely face the Bison. Talk about a brutal run. Please no.
Yeah, Bison took all the gravy into that half of the bracket with them. The only game that will slow them down is the MSU-W+M winner. But yeah SDSU has it rougher than us, no doubt. We still have to deal with the Coastal/ CSU rematch winner. Honestly, I think CSU is a very very excellent team.

B&G
November 20th, 2015, 07:02 AM
I haven't been to AGS in a really long time. Dropping by to share some news I heard from a well-placed source...

Someone mentioned that MEAC does not have a rep on the playoff committee. This is false. Buddy Pough from SCSU is on the committee. As such, there is a strong push for Bethune to make the playoffs assuming they beat FAMU this week.

The news that shocked me is that the likely scenario will see Bethune @ The Citadel in the first round. Things could change of course but I recommend putting this matchup into your final projection.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2015, 07:08 AM
So the MEAC's best team hasn't won a playoff game for the last 17 years so let's take their 2nd best team instead... makes sense.

rokamortis
November 20th, 2015, 07:10 AM
I haven't been to AGS in a really long time. Dropping by to share some news I heard from a well-placed source...

Someone mentioned that MEAC does not have a rep on the playoff committee. This is false. Buddy Pough from SCSU is on the committee. As such, there is a strong push for Bethune to make the playoffs assuming they beat FAMU this week.

The news that shocked me is that the likely scenario will see Bethune @ The Citadel in the first round. Things could change of course but I recommend putting this matchup into your final projection.

He isn't on the committee but the South regional advisory committee. SWAC and MEAC have reps there but not the main committee.

Terry2889
November 20th, 2015, 09:54 AM
He isn't on the committee but the South regional advisory committee. SWAC and MEAC have reps there but not the main committee.
The committee will not reward a conference that has shunned the playoff format. Why would they select a team from a conference that has marginalized the entire reason for the committee existing in the first place? That would be like allowing confederates to vote on legislation in congress during the Civil War...

rokamortis
November 20th, 2015, 10:09 AM
The committee will not reward a conference that has shunned the playoff format. Why would they select a team from a conference that has marginalized the entire reason for the committee existing in the first place? That would be like allowing confederates to vote on legislation in congress during the Civil War...

Why would they? It is within the rules. If they feel like they fit within the field than they should. I never said they would. Just that the SWAC and MEAC have representation on the regional committee.

FCSwatcher
November 20th, 2015, 10:35 AM

A lot of ifs. Just look at the coastal game last night. What everyone continually forgets is the committee has meetings and ranks weekly. We have no clue who is trending in their rankings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 20th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Traffic is incredibly bad here... as in it can take 2 hours to go 8 kilometers during evening hours. It would be faster to walk or cycle if that were an option...unfortunately there are no paths that are safe.

Be safe in Tanzania... How is life there these days?

Chillin' and enjoying a second summer season before the return to DC and winter in a couple weeks. Just glad I am not in Mali... looking forward to an escape on mafia island for a couple days - whale shark season! :)

...and now back to your politically polarized media and/or delusional FCS playoff banter!

FargoBison
November 20th, 2015, 11:47 AM
NDSU Director of Broadcasting Jeremy Jorgenson talks FCS bracketology....

http://740thefan.com/upload/JeremyJorgenson11182015.mp3

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 08:20 PM
So this is what we have...All the autobids are locked in....SUU, CSU, Richmond, NDSU, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga and McNeese State

At large breakdown...

Locks(10)
PSU
The Citadel
CCU
Fordham
SDSU
ISUR
William and Mary
Montana
UNI
JMU

Should be in(4)
EIU
SHSU(with a win)
UNH
UND(with a win)

Bubble burst...Towson and UCA

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 08:24 PM
So this is what we have...All the autobids are locked in....SUU, CSU, Richmond, NDSU, Duquesne, JSU, Colgate, Dayton, Chattanooga and McNeese State

At large breakdown...

Locks(10)
PSU
The Citadel
CCU
Fordham
SDSU
ISUR
William and Mary
Montana
UNI
JMU

Should be in(4)
EIU
SHSU(with a win)
UNH
UND(with a win)

Bubble burst...Towson
If UND loses what do they do with that last spot? I think WIU has a shot at 6-5. Some other teams they'd have to consider are Towson at 7-4, NAU at 7-4 (with a D2 win), and BCU at 9-2 (with a D2 win) but I think WIU stacks up really well against those 3 with wins against 3 playoff teams.

BEAR
November 21st, 2015, 08:24 PM
Add UCA to the bubble burst category.

We we are playing our 2nd string QB, 4th string RBs, and our defense is getting manhandled.

The Sam curse continues.
From SAMford to SAM Houston.....

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM

At large breakdown...

Locks(10)
PSU
The Citadel
CCU
Fordham
SDSU
ISUR
William and Mary
Montana
UNI
JMU

Should be in(4)
EIU
SHSU(with a win)
UNH
UND(with a win)

Bubble burst...Towson and UCA

i think you nailed it, UND loss would leave door open for WIU. I also think EIU/WIU could get tricky when you match up the resumes if committee takes a deeper look other than 7-4 vs 6-5.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM
If UND loses what do they do with that last spot? I think WIU has a shot at 6-5. Some other teams they'd have to consider are Towson at 7-4, NAU at 7-4 (with a D2 win), and BCU at 9-2 (with a D2 win) but I think WIU stacks up really well against those 3 with wins against 3 playoff teams.

Towson would be the safe boring choice I guess. NAU doesn't have a quality win so I think they are out. BCU is a bit of a wild card in that scenario and I just can't see a 6-5 team getting in when you have 7 DI win teams on the table.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 08:34 PM
Towson would be the safe boring choice I guess. NAU doesn't have a quality win so I think they are out. BCU is a bit of a wild card in that scenario and I just can't see a 6-5 team getting in when you have 7 DI win teams on the table.
Very possible but this as weak as the bubble has ever been I think (of course that's mostly due to the fact that this is the most at large bids that have ever been awarded). Towson at 7-4 doesn't do anything more for me than NAU at 6-4 (if you don't count their D2 win). If Towson would make it over a 6-5 WIU there would need to be some clarification on what the real D1 win threshold is for playoff consideration. I don't think it sends a good message to put any team with 7 D1 wins, no matter how crappy they are, over a 6 D1 win team with some real solid wins, both in and out of conference.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2015, 08:43 PM
Very possible but this as weak as the bubble has ever been I think (of course that's mostly due to the fact that this is the most at large bids that have ever been awarded). Towson at 7-4 doesn't do anything more for me than NAU at 6-4 (if you don't count their D2 win). If Towson would make it over a 6-5 WIU there would need to be some clarification on what the real D1 win threshold is for playoff consideration. I don't think it sends a good message to put any team with 7 D1 wins, no matter how crappy they are, over a 6 D1 win team with some real solid wins, both in and out of conference.

WIU would have been better off playing a non-DI then CCU sadly. The 6 in my opinion isn't their problem...it is the five losses that is the problem.

That said UND is up 21-0....I don't think any of this will matter.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2015, 08:46 PM
WIU would have been better off playing a non-DI then CCU sadly. The 6 in my opinion isn't their problem...it is the five losses that is the problem.

That said UND is up 21-0....I don't think any of this will matter.
Yep, not much drama in terms of who gets in if UND wins I don't think but plenty of drama in terms of who gets those last 3 seeds.

leatherneck177
November 21st, 2015, 08:57 PM
Yep, not much drama in terms of who gets in if UND wins I don't think but plenty of drama in terms of who gets those last 3 seeds.

Tomorrow will tell how important seven wins of any variety are to the committee. Some teams that are even "should be ins" have very unimpressive schedules. I might be flat wrong, we will find out tomorrow.