PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at Lehigh, 151st Meeting - Official Thread

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Lehigh may be feeling a bit 'deflated'... and Tom Brady isn't even their quarterback...

I won't mind if you 'no-show' for the third straight year Lehigh...

The Pards could sure use a victory this year... :D

(and Lehigh is still ranked too high)

I'll close with what Brad Maurer is saying below: "F__k Lehigh"

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/lafa/galleries/LafayettevsLehigh2004/maurervslehigh-lg.jpg

ngineer
November 14th, 2015, 09:46 PM
NOVEMBER 21, 2015..THAT TIME OF THE MONTH FOR THE PUSSY TO BLEED!!!!!xhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhypedxxhype dxxslapfightxxslapfightxxslapfightxxflamemadxxflam emadxxflamemadxxpissedxxpissedxxpissedxxarguexxarg uexxarguexxarguexxanim_chaixxanim_chaixxanim_chaix xanim_chaixxspankxxspankxxspankxxspankxxspankxx406 xxhomerxxshakingmadxxdizzyx OH I JUST LOVE TRADITION. MY 45TH GAME COMING UP. GO LEHIGH, GO LEHIGH, GO LEHIGH, GO!!!

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 10:41 PM
A little heavy on the AGS animation aren't we? Haha

hawkineer
November 14th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Lehigh may be feeling a bit 'deflated'... and Tom Brady isn't even their quarterback...

I won't mind if you 'no-show' for the third straight year Lehigh...

The Pards could sure use a victory this year... :D

If it makes you feel any better, I can almost guarantee that the Lehigh defense, as they have been all year, will be a no show. xbawlingx So, if LC can't put at least 30 on the board, then you deserve to lose.xnodx

carney2
November 15th, 2015, 06:38 AM
The Hopeless vs. the Hapless. America is holding its breath for this one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Lehigh's defense is truly historically terrible. Lafayette will score 30'ish points. Lehigh's offense will have to score on 5 or 6 of their 9 or so possessions to win. They absolutely can do that but will they?

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 07:49 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21780&stc=1

I will be there for my 36th straight since 1980 with the Pard also making his 36th appearance! Ngineer can I hope to catch you someday?

RichH2
November 15th, 2015, 08:09 AM
My 52 nd. Not quite ready yet for the pregame banter. Still stuck on yesterday. My hope today is that the players can rebound quickly to focus on Pards. Expect we will win,with the usual "if we show up" reservation. If our D can soar to a mediocre.performance,it may even be apt revenge for not showing up last year.

carney2
November 15th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Lafayette will score 30'ish points.

Just give the Leopards the ball in the redzone. They can't score from there. They could kick some field goals, but not 10 of them. Remember the immortal words of Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are." Lafayette is 1-9.

ngineer
November 15th, 2015, 10:07 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21780&stc=1

I will be there for my 36th straight since 1980 with the Pard also making his 36th appearance! Ngineer can I hope to catch you someday?

I will be the "Kings of Tailgates" location. Flag pole across from the Rust Football Pavillion. An 'intimate' gathering of 350 or so, please do stop by. I'll be wearing brown. You will only 'catch me' in number of games after I've gone to the football field in the sky.

ngineer
November 15th, 2015, 10:09 AM
A little heavy on the AGS animation aren't we? Haha

Oh, I just thought I would throw in a collage of all the different emotions this week brings. Nothing like it in college football.

SingForever
November 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM
F--k you, your mother and your father

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 10:13 AM
You will only 'catch me' in number of games after I've gone to the football field in the sky.

That's what I was thinking!!

- - - Updated - - -

All at once mate?

hawkineer
November 15th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Wow! An LU graduate! Not sure what point you were trying to make with this curious post. Explanation?

I have no love for the Leopards or its institution as an institution. However, I certainly have no ill will towards its fans.

There's too much of that in the world today!

RichH2
November 15th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Wow! An LU graduate! Not sure what point you were trying to make with this curious post. Explanation?

I have no love for the Leopards or its institution as an institution. However, I certainly have no ill will towards its fans.

+1

CFBfan
November 15th, 2015, 11:25 AM

wow! a bit angry there mr sing4ever

- - - Updated - - -

Kill-a-bee where are you?? biggest game of the year for you....49 point win???

Pards Rule
November 15th, 2015, 12:09 PM

Reps Hawkineer!

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2015, 02:26 PM
wow! a bit angry there mr sing4ever

- - - Updated - - -

Kill-a-bee where are you?? biggest game of the year for you....49 point win???

KillaBee doesn't have Internet anymore... he lost his house

centraljerseycat
November 15th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Does Coen need to win to keep his job???

CFBfan
November 15th, 2015, 07:47 PM
KillaBee doesn't have Internet anymore... he lost his house

LMAF!!!

Lehigh'98
November 15th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Does Coen need to win to keep his job???

No. Competing for a league title will keep him safe. However, there will be unhappy campers if he loses to this Lafayette team.

ngineer
November 15th, 2015, 08:54 PM
No. Competing for a league title will keep him safe. However, there will be unhappy campers if he loses to this Lafayette team.

The "perception" of losing to any 1-9 team is horrific. Even with our defense, we should win by at least two scores. I am submitting 38-26.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 15th, 2015, 09:09 PM
There is no reason for Lehigh to come out flat. To play for a championship yesterday with this defense was a bit of a break imo. I was more disappointed after the Princeton game. Yesterday was about what I expected, a flip of the coin. To get payback for the last two years and notch a winning season would be a petty solid bounce back. They really stunk last year, 3-8 was a worthy record. This year Lehigh has one of the better offenses in FCS and a far superior kicking game imo. The defense is either just as bad or perhaps even worse (PPG).

A win on Saturday, especially one in impressive fashion could really set the stage for next year. With an improved defense (broken record) there are pieces in place for a Top 25 team in 2016. Fordham and Colgate come to Goodman next year. Just win on Saturday....

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2015, 09:26 PM
The merits of a Lehigh education (I did not create this):

http://www.campusbasement.com/uploads/1327977151.jpeg

Pards Rule
November 16th, 2015, 07:56 AM
The merits of a Lehigh education (I did not create this):

http://www.campusbasement.com/uploads/1327977151.jpeg

It looks like some intra-office rivalry, no?

van
November 16th, 2015, 12:27 PM
A win on Saturday, especially one in impressive fashion could really set the stage for next year. With an improved defense (broken record) there are pieces in place for a Top 25 team in 2016. Fordham and Colgate come to Goodman next year. Just win on Saturday....

I am asking Santa for an improved defense, but not holding out much hope

RichH2
November 16th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I am asking Santa for an improved defense, but not holding out much hope
A Christmas miracle can happen :)

Go...gate
November 16th, 2015, 03:45 PM

+2

DatDude
November 16th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Cry me a river, I love the banter between the 2 schools! Look up OSU/Mich...Ala/Aub....the same thing! Its college football, not Isis vs the world!

carney2
November 16th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Last chance for the Leopards to actually do something for the memory of Brian Keller. So far, all they've done is embarrass themselves.

carney2
November 16th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Just in case there’s someone in the lower 48 who gives a crap:

LAFAYETTE (1-9, 0-5): Quoting Bill Parcells, “You are what your record says you are.” Actually, the Pards are on a bit of an upswing with only a bus load or so remaining on the injured, cannot play list. Not much to point at with pride however. Details:

- The junior QB who was all-world as a freshman, continues to have problems. Some say that he’s been “coached down” by the staff. Maybe. Probably.
- O-line sux for the 6th consecutive year.
- Running game is non-existent. Running backs are mediocre at best..
- Best receiver is out for the season, but even with him, there is no deep threat.
- Defense was billed as superior back in August. Hasn’t turned out that way. DBs, a supposed strength, are beaten badly week after week.
- Frank Tavani is still the head coach. He shouldn't be.

On the plus side, the Leopards have had an extra week to prepare. Frank says that he is devoting “every waking moment” to helping the team win. Expect some trick plays early.

LEHIGH (5-5, 3-2): The Flush Puppies are trending up due to freshmen and sophomores. On offense a freshman QB and a freshman RB have been the big guns for the past few weeks. Fortunately for Lafayette, Lehigh coach, Andy Coen, is going back to his junior at QB – a guy who cannot throw downfield, and who pretty much embarrassed himself in the past two Lafayette-Lehigh games.

On the other side of the ball, the PantyStains are horrid for the 3rd consecutive year. Expect Lafayette to have an advantage here. The Pards should put some points on the board.

PREDICTION: Not a gimme for the ToiletPoppers.

Neighbor2
November 16th, 2015, 07:31 PM
carney2-

No doubt, two mishandled teams. Should make for an interesting game. Both sides might 'talk' confident, but they would be lying. I'd love to take a huge eraser to Lehigh Valley FCS football and start all over.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2015, 07:35 PM
It will be fun to see Lehigh beat the living tar out of Lafayette this weekend.

CFBfan
November 16th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Last chance for the Leopards to actually do something for the memory of Brian Keller. So far, all they've done is embarrass themselves.

carney I have enjoyed your posts for years and understand your frustration BUT please think twice before posting something like this next time. I can't imagine the Keller family would appreciate this (IMHO)

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Lehigh is perpetually one year away from 9-2. They have of course been a much better team this year, but talent level is pretty even. The Pards are so bad due to injuries, and a head coach and staff that are barely competent. Lehigh will most likely win, and win by a decent margin, but I won't be totally shocked if the pards win. It will be highly unlikely, but possible given the talent level.

I have no faith that Frank can rally the guys and pull one out, but stranger things have happened. I will be there. I hope theards win. But I also hope we have new leadership next year.

Lehigh'98
November 16th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Lehigh is perpetually one year away from 9-2. They have of course been a much better team this year, but talent level is pretty even. The Pards are so bad due to injuries, and a head coach and staff that are barely competent. Lehigh will most likely win, and win by a decent margin, but I won't be totally shocked if the pards win. It will be highly unlikely, but possible given the talent level.

I have no faith that Frank can rally the guys and pull one out, but stranger things have happened. I will be there. I hope theards win. But I also hope we have new leadership next year.

I didn't think we were anywhere close to 9-2 after last year. Prior to that they were 11-1, 10-1 & 8-3. Unless the defense can find an identity, I see another 7-4 season next year, still with a chance to win the league. I expect a close game this week as Lafayette has been getting healthier and really could use a win here. Lehigh should have revenge on their mind after last year's embarrassment.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2015, 08:34 PM
I didn't think we were anywhere close to 9-2 after last year. Prior to that they were 11-1, 10-1 & 8-3. Unless the defense can find an identity, I see another 7-4 season next year, still with a chance to win the league. I expect a close game this week as Lafayette has been getting healthier and really could use a win here. Lehigh should have revenge on their mind after last year's embarrassment.

you actually know what you are talking about, so not directed at you! The Pards are awful. We are poorly coached and our guys don't develop. If Frank and the gang are back next year it is 3 to 4 wins and more of the same. If we hire the right guy, we could challenge for a title. The margins really are that slim in the PL right now. It is all about coaching and QB play. Our QB has struggled, but he still has the talent. The right coaching will make a world of difference.

ngineer
November 16th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Despite the heartbreaking loss at Colgate, I think Andy will use that to get the team up for the seniors. Despite certain detractions, he has the ability to build good team chemistry, and I think there will be a real focus on sending off the seniors with a win since they are the first class to leave Lehigh since 1994 without having won at least one title. Leaving with a 'redemption win' after last year's debacle will be high priority, as well as setting us up for an bright looking 2016.

I fully expect the Frankasaurus to have his staff come up with all sorts of gimmicks, gizmos, flea-flickers, pot-stickers, shat-kickers, and cherry pickers. Note, I said his staff, not Frank, himself. I have seen enough of these things (this will be my 45th) that emotion can carry a team a long way, and at the same time, it can get in the way by 'trying too hard' and pressing. So I fully respect the Leotard's ability to piss on our field, but feel confident that, that will be prevented.

Weather forecast looks pretty decent at the moment: 55F and cloudy. The Kings of Tailgates will have 15 turkeys rotating among four pressure cookers with all the trimmings. A great repaste for a donation to the Roger McFillin Fund that supports the Football Partnership in his memory. Look for the flag.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Lets hope Frank pulls out these helmets as part of his "secret plan":

http://cdn.patch.com/users/158382/2011/11/T800x600/d2631323784e66b51a4431bc994ee35a.jpg

hawkineer
November 17th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Despite the heartbreaking loss at Colgate, I think Andy will use that to get the team up for the seniors. Despite certain detractions, he has the ability to build good team chemistry, and I think there will be a real focus on sending off the seniors with a win since they are the first class to leave Lehigh since 1994 without having won at least one title. Leaving with a 'redemption win' after last year's debacle will be high priority, as well as setting us up for an bright looking 2016.
Just curious. After last year's mess in Game 150, where the team should have been full of pi$$ and vinegar, it is a bit surprising to believe that Andy is the reincarnation of Knute Rockne. Why so much confidence in AC's ability to motivate?

I think it better come from the players who , honestly, slept walked through last year's game.

Lehigh'98
November 17th, 2015, 07:02 AM

I fully expect the Frankasaurus to have his staff come up with all sorts of gimmicks, gizmos, flea-flickers, pot-stickers, shat-kickers, and cherry pickers. Note, I said his staff, not Frank, himself. I have seen enough of these things (this will be my 45th) that emotion can carry a team a long way, and at the same time, it can get in the way by 'trying too hard' and pressing. So I fully respect the Leotard's ability to piss on our field, but feel confident that, that will be prevented.

Weather forecast looks pretty decent at the moment: 55F and cloudy. The Kings of Tailgates will have 15 turkeys rotating among four pressure cookers with all the trimmings. A great repaste for a donation to the Roger McFillin Fund that supports the Football Partnership in his memory. Look for the flag.

Didn't the 1994 class win a title in 93?

carney2
November 17th, 2015, 08:16 AM
carney I have enjoyed your posts for years and understand your frustration BUT please think twice before posting something like this next time. I can't imagine the Keller family would appreciate this (IMHO)

No disrespect was intended. I did not believe that I was stepping over any line. In re-reading, I still don't think that I've crossed into bad territory. BUT, if you, or anyone, takes it negatively, then (1) I am wrong, and (2) my wordsmithing is sadly lacking, and I sincerely apologize.

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2015, 08:16 AM

So I say: BRING IT FOR BRIAN!!

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Tank for Frank.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Tank for Frank.

+1

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Is the game officially sold out? I'm still trying to track down a single. Haven't missed a LU-LC game since 1996. Haven't missed one at Goodman since the first one at Goodman, 1989....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Is the game officially sold out? I'm still trying to track down a single. Haven't missed a LU-LC game since 1996. Haven't missed one at Goodman since the first one at Goodman, 1989....

I believe there are grass GA seats still available.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I believe there are grass GA seats still available.

Sounds good. I'll call LU ticket office tomorrow....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Just ordered a GA ticket! Thanks for the heads up! The streak will continue! Now Lehigh has to end their 5 game losing streak with me in attendance....

ngineer
November 17th, 2015, 04:53 PM

PM me--I may have an extra available. Athletics has said based upon the weather forecast, they will sell tickets for the grass horseshoe, but if you want a good chairback seat on the 48 yard line, let me know!

ngineer
November 17th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Just curious. After last year's mess in Game 150, where the team should have been full of pi$$ and vinegar, it is a bit surprising to believe that Andy is the reincarnation of Knute Rockne. Why so much confidence in AC's ability to motivate?

I think it better come from the players who , honestly, slept walked through last year's game.

Not saying he's the reincarnation of Rockne, but I do know the players like him alot. Sometimes it's hard to read 19-20 year olds and how they react to certain situations. My father coached for decades and there were times he thought he didn't have the kids attention due to various distractions, and they did great; other times, it looks like they're focused like a laser and the wheels come off. But I do think this team senses that they can be the turnaround team to get the program back up on the pedestal it once was.

Pards Rule
November 17th, 2015, 05:19 PM
It is the 10th anniversary of "The Hurt" and the 20th of "The Catch in the Gloam"

Lehigh Football Nation
November 17th, 2015, 06:39 PM
It is the 10th anniversary of "The Hurt" and the 20th of "The Catch in the Gloam"

And the 50th anniversary of this:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21805&stc=1

Fred Dunlap's first-ever coaching victory. 0-8 Lehigh beating 3-6 Lafayette 20-14.

RichH2
November 17th, 2015, 07:08 PM

Fred Dunlap's first-ever coaching victory. 0-8 Lehigh beating 3-6 Lafayette 20-14.
One heck of a game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2015, 07:53 PM

25th anniversary of my first game! The 1990 game was at Fisher. I remember it pretty well! Eric Torrain had a big game and was named MVP iirc. Kevin Jefferson also played as a 16(?) year old I believe.

Lehigh is on a 5 game skid when I attend. That better change on Saturday! Also, Temple better beat Memphis!

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2015, 08:17 PM

Wow Hurt was ten years?! Yes. I hate time.

We are due for a crazy game. Haven't had one since then.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Wow Hurt was ten years?! Yes. I hate time.

We are due for a crazy game. Haven't had one since then.

2009 was pretty wild. Only the second OT ever in the series....

hawkineer
November 17th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Not saying he's the reincarnation of Rockne, but I do know the players like him alot. Sometimes it's hard to read 19-20 year olds and how they react to certain situations. My father coached for decades and there were times he thought he didn't have the kids attention due to various distractions, and they did great; other times, it looks like they're focused like a laser and the wheels come off. But I do think this team senses that they can be the turnaround team to get the program back up on the pedestal it once was.
I hope you're right. We'll know a lot about this team in less than four days. I really think that most of the motivation needs to come from within the team, itself. If they come out unmotivated and unfocused it's on the team. If they come out unprepared, that's on the coaches.

ngineer
November 17th, 2015, 10:35 PM
One heck of a game.

Coach Dunlap is coming down from Hamilton for the Game and we'll be having a big reunion dinner with his former players after the game in the Asa Packer Dining Room.

ngineer
November 17th, 2015, 10:36 PM
I hope you're right. We'll know a lot about this team in less than four days. I really think that most of the motivation needs to come from within the team, itself. If they come out unmotivated and unfocused it's on the team. If they come out unprepared, that's on the coaches.

Agreed dat.

RichH2
November 17th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Coach Dunlap is coming down from Hamilton for the Game and we'll be having a big reunion dinner with his former players after the game in the Asa Packer Dining Room.
Well deserved.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Some of my thoughts and memories of The Rivalry. Oh yeah, I wrote a book about it.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-rivalry-my-book-and-my-story.html

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 07:31 AM

Good deal LFN! Congrats to Coach Dunlap.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 07:37 AM
25th anniversary of my first game! The 1990 game was at Fisher. I remember it pretty well! Eric Torrain had a big game and was named MVP iirc. Kevin Jefferson also played as a 16(?) year old I believe.

Lehigh is on a 5 game skid when I attend. That better change on Saturday! Also, Temple better beat Memphis!

I recall that game too. It was overcast with some rain at times. I recall my good friend and former roommate (Class of 84 too) and I were sitting at very end of home side against the trees (yes there were trees that end at one time!). He put his umbrella through the fence and opened it to shield us from the slanting rain and couldn't get it back through for the longest time!!

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Lehigh -18 right now. Think that is a bit much for rivalry game, I'd have guessed about -14.

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Still the best game I've seen or played in has to be the 1995 catch game. Also happened to be my first. Not sure how you top that one.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Still the best game I've seen or played in has to be the 1995 catch game. Also happened to be my first. Not sure how you top that one.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 11:59 AM

Agreed the Hurt with 38 seconds left - Pard TD to win! 23-19

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 12:01 PM
For those of you wondering Jonathan Hurt was the Lafayette tailback who got behind secondary to pull in a 39 yard TD with 38 seconds left at about the 10 yard line (Im guessing approx.?) and waltzed in to score.

Bill
November 18th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I understand LC fan's enjoyment of the 2005 game, but I believe the 1995 game was more exciting and better played by both teams, plus the OT factor. Of course, I'm naturally biased but attempting to stay somewhat objective here :)

hawkineer
November 18th, 2015, 12:10 PM
For those of you wondering Jonathan Hurt was the Lafayette tailback who got behind secondary to pull in a 39 yard TD with 38 seconds left at about the 10 yard line (Im guessing approx.?) and waltzed in to score.

After Lembo called a timeout which provided Tavani time to reconsider the merits of a 45 yards field goal. I suspect that Leopards assistant coaches bound and gagged Tavani and made the decision to go for. Lembo gave the AC's the time to kidnap Tavani by calling the TO.😩

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 12:11 PM
I understand LC fan's enjoyment of the 2005 game, but I believe the 1995 game was more exciting and better played by both teams, plus the OT factor. Of course, I'm naturally biased but attempting to stay somewhat objective here :)

Bill, we had a 30-14 lead with how much time left in that 1995 game?

Lehigh'98
November 18th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Bill, we had a 30-14 lead with how much time left in that 1995 game?

I believe it was midway through the 4th quarter, maybe even later. Muerer (TE), made a 8 yd catch, broke 2 tackles and took it in. Completely changed everything.

hawkineer
November 18th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Was this game the Lehigh was down 30-14 and needed two TDs and two 2-points conversions just to get to OT? I believe LC fumbled a punt to lead to the 2nd TD. Then won on Klingerman's catch in OT.

Southsider
November 18th, 2015, 12:20 PM

Gee, some things never changexsmhx

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2015, 01:27 PM

See my signature PR. It may be earlier in thread - doesnt show when I post via mobile.

Hurt caught the ball at the five or so and crossed his feet into the end zone.

2005 was great because the Pards entered the 4th down by 9 or 10 I think.

Pat Davis pulled an Eli Manning and avoided a few sacks on fourth and long that would have ended the game.

The remarkable thing is that Davis was the back up since Maurer was injured on the first play or so. Davis had experience though.

carney2
November 18th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Best game ever for me was 1961 even though Lehigh won, 17-14 on a final play wounded duck field goal. Lehigh was something like 7-1 going in and winners of the Lambert [Whatever]. Lafayette was its usual god-awful self with a 2-5-1 record. So many great things happened that it would require an epic tome that even LFN would be proud of.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Best game ever for me was 1961 even though Lehigh won, 17-14 on a final play wounded duck field goal. Lehigh was something like 7-1 going in and winners of the Lambert [Whatever]. Lafayette was its usual god-awful self with a 2-5-1 record. So many great things happened that it would require an epic tome that even LFN would be proud of.

Anyone who watched that game, on either side, routinely defines it as one of the greatest ever.

hawkineer
November 18th, 2015, 01:37 PM
After Lembo called a timeout which provided Tavani time to reconsider the merits of a 45 yards field goal. I suspect that Leopards assistant coaches bound and gagged Tavani and made the decision to go for. Lembo gave the AC's the time to kidnap Tavani by calling the TO.😩

Actually Russo was the coach back. So not a Tavani issue. Still, the LU TO certainly led to a differ decision by the Pards.

hawkineer
November 18th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Still waiting to see if anyone nominates the 1987 game @ Taylor as one of the most memorable if for no other reason than the Green Bay like weather.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Was this game the Lehigh was down 30-14 and needed two TDs and two 2-points conversions just to get to OT? I believe LC fumbled a punt to lead to the 2nd TD. Then won on Klingerman's catch in OT.

Yes most definitely, particularly if it was mid 4th as another poster indicated. I recall it was 4th quarter, didn't know if early or mid. You were right the first time about 2005 though as it was Tavani (Russo announced his resignation days before the 1999 game with Harry Armstrong the frosh almost pulling off the miracle upset that year in Russo's final gme). I understand during the 2005 timeout Bob Heffner (OC, now with Northwestern) convinced Frank a 45 yarder wouldn't be a good bet. Hawineer that 1987 was the coldest game I ever attended by far. If I recall at the end of the game (and I stayed for 5th quarter goalpost rushing/fights which were definitely truncated that year due to the cold) there were maybe about 300 left in the stadium. Most had departed to watch in bars or back home by halftime.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 02:34 PM
See my signature PR. It may be earlier in thread - doesnt show when I post via mobile.

Hurt caught the ball at the five or so and crossed his feet into the end zone.

2005 was great because the Pards entered the 4th down by 9 or 10 I think.

Pat Davis pulled an Eli Manning and avoided a few sacks on fourth and long that would have ended the game.

The remarkable thing is that Davis was the back up since Maurer was injured on the first play or so. Davis had experience though.

Who was the LC QB who came in for one play and fired a TD bomb in Lehigh game and thus finished 1 for 1 for 1??

RichH2
November 18th, 2015, 04:02 PM
My first game. Epic is an understatement.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Loved coming up with this piece on Fred Dunlap's first-ever coaching victory, which happened to be in Rivalry #101.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/fifity-years-ago-fred-dunlaps-first.html

hawkineer
November 18th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Yes most definitely, particularly if it was mid 4th as another poster indicated. I recall it was 4th quarter, didn't know if early or mid. You were right the first time about 2005 though as it was Tavani (Russo announced his resignation days before the 1999 game with Harry Armstrong the frosh almost pulling off the miracle upset that year in Russo's final gme). I understand during the 2005 timeout Bob Heffner (OC, now with Northwestern) convinced Frank a 45 yarder wouldn't be a good bet. Hawineer that 1987 was the coldest game I ever attended by far. If I recall at the end of the game (and I stayed for 5th quarter goalpost rushing/fights which were definitely truncated that year due to the cold) there were maybe about 300 left in the stadium. Most had departed to watch in bars or back home by halftime.
Thanks Pard for the clarification on the '05 game.

I was one of the 300 left at the '87 game.A pint of Yukon Jack got me to the end. If it wasn't the last game @ Taylor, I don't think I would have stuck it out.

Pards Rule
November 18th, 2015, 06:00 PM

I was one of the 300 left at the '87 game.A pint of Yukon Jack got me to the end. If it wasn't the last game @ Taylor, I don't think I would have stuck it out.

I had no such benefit! I do somewhere have a 2x4 railing? painted brown that I took from Taylor that afternoon and somehow got into my Ford Escort! It was fairly long!

RichH2
November 18th, 2015, 06:21 PM

Made it to the start of the 3rd. Went to the Rosie for Rusty Nails. So cold.

Pard4Life
November 18th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Bam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm8JGWJpi-4

ngineer
November 18th, 2015, 11:19 PM

Not only that but it was one-handed in the back of the endzone with darkness descending. Would have been very interesting to see how long the officials would have allowed it to go on had that not occurred.

PAllen
November 18th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Not only that but it was one-handed in the back of the endzone with darkness descending. Would have been very interesting to see how long the officials would have allowed it to go on had that not occurred.

I was right behind the Lafayette bench before that overtime when the officials came over and relayed that they were going to move the game to another field (rugby or practice I don't remember) that had lights. Lehigh had already sent some athletics staffers over to help arrange moving the equipment. I have no idea how they were going to handle crowd control, but at least more than half of the fans had left during the 4th quarter thinking the game was over.

ngineer
November 18th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Actually Russo was the coach back. So not a Tavani issue. Still, the LU TO certainly led to a differ decision by the Pards.

No, that was the Frankasaurus in 2005. I still vividly recall screaming "holding!" as Lehigh's DE was being dragged down by to the OT, while reaching for the QB. My initial reaction was that it was going to be a great sack and then the OT grabs the left shoulder pad and yanks as the DE's right arm is extending toward the QB's passing arm cocked back. It's like a slo-mo in my memory, like the Klingerman catch. Those plays never leave you. Even after the pass was launched, I thought our DB was going to knock it down, but he mistimed his leap, or went for the INT and the ball goes through his fingertips or just over them landing in Hurt's stomach and he sort of twists backward into the endzone. I swear there was a momentary period of silence as no one believed for a second what they just saw. Then there was pandemonium in the East stands and stunned silence in the West. Pistol Pete's last game at Lehigh.

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2015, 06:46 AM
I was right behind the Lafayette bench before that overtime when the officials came over and relayed that they were going to move the game to another field (rugby or practice I don't remember) that had lights. Lehigh had already sent some athletics staffers over to help arrange moving the equipment. I have no idea how they were going to handle crowd control, but at least more than half of the fans had left during the 4th quarter thinking the game was over.

Now this is something I have never heard before!!! Nice info. The closest lighted fields at that time would have been the practice fields behind our field house with the weight room over there. Same fields the Eagles used. However, I don't think they could have pulled it off logistically. It's probably 1/2 miles from the stadium. It would have just broken down into pure chaos. I think they would have to call the game. This could still happen today by the way.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2015, 08:00 AM

I always wondered that! Seriously what would have been the ending then a tie?

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Now this is something I have never heard before!!! Nice info. The closest lighted fields at that time would have been the practice fields behind our field house with the weight room over there. Same fields the Eagles used. However, I don't think they could have pulled it off logistically. It's probably 1/2 miles from the stadium. It would have just broken down into pure chaos. I think they would have to call the game. This could still happen today by the way.

If they had moved it, would that have made history as the first game played the same day on two different fields?

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2015, 08:21 AM
No, that was the Frankasaurus in 2005. I still vividly recall screaming "holding!" as Lehigh's DE was being dragged down by to the OT, while reaching for the QB. My initial reaction was that it was going to be a great sack and then the OT grabs the left shoulder pad and yanks as the DE's right arm is extending toward the QB's passing arm cocked back. It's like a slo-mo in my memory, like the Klingerman catch. Those plays never leave you. Even after the pass was launched, I thought our DB was going to knock it down, but he mistimed his leap, or went for the INT and the ball goes through his fingertips or just over them landing in Hurt's stomach and he sort of twists backward into the endzone. I swear there was a momentary period of silence as no one believed for a second what they just saw. Then there was pandemonium in the East stands and stunned silence in the West. Pistol Pete's last game at Lehigh.

Today is the 10th anniversary :) I recall NOT having a ticket for the game and going out early to Goodman to scout for one. Not seeing or hearing anyone near the gate selling I hooked up with this guy who had a sign 4 tix needed (I didn't bother with a sign as I thought I could get one from hawkers at gate) and he crossed off the 4 to a 3 to a 2 as he successfully bought singles. Down to 1 ticket he promised to give me the sign after he secured it. He went to move forward toward the unloading busses and I was trailing him by about 20 yards when behold there was a ticket on the ground!! No one was around! Scooped up, it was for the West (Lehigh) side! Oh well at least I was in and I celebrated by hitting the tailgates. One Lehigh tailgater was vocally offering a ticket and mentioned to me (in LC gear) it was on "your side"..I offered him a flat up trade and he wanted a $10 kicker! I said no way and told him I could really sit anywhere with what I had on my side. He disputed that and I told him he would have easier time selling my Lehigh one. As I walked away, he changed his mind so I had a seat on our side to watch an incredible comeback victory.

PAllen
November 19th, 2015, 09:19 AM
If they had moved it, would that have made history as the first game played the same day on two different fields?

Would have been. Would also have been cool as it would have been a true old time football experience except for the lights. Just a bunch of folks crowded around a football field with no real stadium. Cool that is until the melee broke out as people pushed and shoved for a better view. Logistically it would have been a nightmare. Just another reason to be grateful for "the catch".

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2015, 09:20 AM

And I don't remember a thing after Hurt crossed that goal line!!! Next thing I recall is Lehigh attempting futile plays after getting the ball back with seconds left

Lehigh'98
November 19th, 2015, 10:12 AM
And I don't remember a thing after Hurt crossed that goal line!!! Next thing I recall is Lehigh attempting futile plays after getting the ball back with seconds left

Did you get clocked in the head in the ensuing celebration?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Did you get clocked in the head in the ensuing celebration?

That would explain a lot.

I was on the sidelines for The Big Hurt. I was ready to take pictures of Lehigh football players celebrating. Instead I saw helmets slammed to the ground and water bottles spiked in anger.

Franks Tanks
November 19th, 2015, 12:40 PM

There was a moment of silence! I recall everyone just sort of looking at each other to make sure it actually happened...and the ref signaled TD, and there was no flag before going nuts.

It was the defining moment of the Frank era, yet he almost blew it. Frank was planning to attempt a very long FG, but he called a TO and Heffner convinced him to go for it instead of trying a very low % FG.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2015, 01:02 PM
That would explain a lot.

I was on the sidelines for The Big Hurt. I was ready to take pictures of Lehigh football players celebrating. Instead I saw helmets slammed to the ground and water bottles spiked in anger.

Did you get a picture of that??

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2015, 01:37 PM
The "Big Hurt" was just things happening in 3's that year. The Delaware and Holy Cross losses were equally brutal imo. In fact, sitting out to witness the HC debacle was far worse than witnessing the Big Hurt. I was literally sick from the monsoon by the time I reached Quakertown that day....

I still have no idea how they choked away the Delaware game. That was darn good Lehigh team. Gerran Walker was a beast on those slip screens....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2015, 01:47 PM
The "Big Hurt" was just things happening in 3's that year. The Delaware and Holy Cross losses were equally brutal imo. In fact, sitting out to witness the HC debacle was far worse than witnessing the Big Hurt. I was literally sick from the monsoon by the time I reached Quakertown that day....

I still have no idea how they choked away the Delaware game. That was darn good Lehigh team. Gerran Walker was a beast on those slip screens....

A missed extra point kick in overtime. Agony.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2015, 03:47 PM
A missed extra point kick in overtime. Agony.

It never should have made it to OT...

LUHawker
November 19th, 2015, 05:30 PM
3rd most painful loss I experienced after Holy Cross in 91 and UMass quarterfinals in 98.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Regarding that 2005 game, a summary said Lehigh was winning 19-10 with just over 10 minutes left in game and then LC scored narrowing it to 19-17 and then came the famous Hurt play with 38 seconds left, making final 23-19. What happened to the extra point? I don't recall!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Regarding that 2005 game, a summary said Lehigh was winning 19-10 with just over 10 minutes left in game and then LC scored narrowing it to 19-17 and then came the famous Hurt play with 38 seconds left, making final 23-19. What happened to the extra point? I don't recall!

Likely went for 2 so lead would be 6. Leo was extremely inconsistent. A missed XP cost Lehigh against UD....

carney2
November 19th, 2015, 07:33 PM
No. 151?

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2015, 08:23 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21845&stc=1

Actually No. 149!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Preview of Rivalry 151.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/game-preview-rivalry151-lafayette-at.html

carney, you'll have to wait for my fearless prediction.

carney2
November 20th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Preview of Rivalry 151.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/game-preview-rivalry151-lafayette-at.html

carney, you'll have to wait for my fearless prediction.

I have it figured out (see earlier post). You're picking an upset.

From the Lafayette Game Notes: the injury situation has "leveled out" at 14 out for the season and not playing in 151. Those that will be missed the most:

Matt Mrazek WR - "Best" WR
Chris Brockman LB - Team leader. Did not play much, if at all, this season.
Draeland James DB - Experienced.
Steve Mercado DL
John Hoffman OL

hawkineer
November 20th, 2015, 11:33 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21845&stc=1

Actually No. 149!
Perhaps the only time in my life that I wish that I was a leopard.😁

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Seriously, who would ever kiss a Hawk?

Have you ever seen Hawk inspired female wear... need I say more?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Seriously, who would ever kiss a Hawk?

Have you ever seen Hawk inspired female wear... need I say more?

I beg to differ.

http://buffaloexchangefashion.com/bx74blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Desert-Dresses01b.jpg

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Not sure how to respond to that... Goth nature girl?

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Well we both stink this year... That has kept the trolls away at least... mainly Lehigh trolls. Same Pard guys are here as usual!

KillaBee
November 20th, 2015, 01:12 PM
the leopards will win by 33 against the lehigh owls.... not even a close game!!!!!!!!!!

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Prediction: Lafayette Sucks!!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Prediction: Lafayette Sucks!!

Not exactly a fearless prediction but I'm willing to go with it

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Beat the Owls!!! Hawks!! Or whatever name they adopt when they feel like it

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 20th, 2015, 07:49 PM
It is rather interesting that the Lehigh-Lafayette thread has 12 pages while 'Cats-'Griz has 7.....

Go...gate
November 20th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Beat the Owls!!! Hawks!! Or whatever name they adopt when they feel like it

For Pete's sake, Lehigh, go back to being the Engineers......

carney2
November 20th, 2015, 08:31 PM
It is rather interesting that the Lehigh-Lafayette thread has 12 pages while 'Cats-'Griz has 7.....

And in a year when both fan bases are lukewarm at best.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 08:52 PM

Seriously? You have to point that out?

This is a fan base that starts talking about how crappy we are and pivots to athletic scholarships to the best places to tailgate to how Holy Cross coulda been in the Big East.

ngineer
November 20th, 2015, 09:27 PM
It never should have made it to OT...

Correct. Up by two TDs in the fourth quarter. smh.

ngineer
November 20th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Excellent 50 Game Luncheon today honoring the "50 Gamers" and the Seniors. All captains got to speak and were very focused. New President John Simon appeared wearing a home game jersey with his name stitched on the back. The guy has really engaged in Lehigh's traditions. Was at the first home wrestling match tonight in Grace Hall and went in to the locker room and addressed the team before they headed out to throttle Pittsburgh, 27-7. A good omen for tomorrow. Has Byerly ever worn a Leopard jersey??? Does Lafayette have a 50 Game club?

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Excellent 50 Game Luncheon today honoring the "50 Gamers" and the Seniors. All captains got to speak and were very focused. New President John Simon appeared wearing a home game jersey with his name stitched on the back. The guy has really engaged in Lehigh's traditions. Was at the first home wrestling match tonight in Grace Hall and went in to the locker room and addressed the team before they headed out to throttle Pittsburgh, 27-7. A good omen for tomorrow. Has Byerly ever worn a Leopard jersey??? Does Lafayette have a 50 Game club?

You said the same thing last year and no-show'd...

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2015, 10:42 PM
You said the same thing last year and no-show'd...

P4L gets extra frisky this time of year. Especially insufferable riding a 2 yr streak. Time to restore order and euthanize the kittens.

Engineer86
November 21st, 2015, 05:21 AM
Game Day!

I will be there at 9 for the Lehigh Lafayette Outdoor Party! Game day atmosphere is great. Much different than at Pardville. Of course last year was a several day event .... Helped me forget the game.

Have fun and be safe! Go Lehigh!

Pards Rule
November 21st, 2015, 07:36 AM
Game Day!

I will be there at 9 for the Lehigh Lafayette Outdoor Party! Game day atmosphere is great. Much different than at Pardville. Of course last year was a several day event .... Helped me forget the game.

Have fun and be safe! Go Lehigh!

Arrived last night amid an unplanned stop in Columbus NJ at MM 52.8 on I-295...But all good and ready for today!!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2015, 08:25 AM
Save me a seat. I'll be up there by 11.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 11:52 AM
One thing I always love about the L-L game is you can watch both the Lafayette broadcast and the Lehigh broadcast on different channels.

For me personally (Verizon FiOS):
*Lafayette - MASN (Ch. 577), ESPN3 (streaming)
*Lehigh - FCS Pacific (Ch. 302) - this broadcast unfortunately has letter-boxing on all sides, reducing the size of the video on the screen

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 12:06 PM
14-0 Lehigh! Shaf looks great!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 12:27 PM
Lehigh 21-0 14:15 2Q

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Beatdown city. Great way for Lehigh fans to end the season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 12:42 PM
TD Lafayette...

21-7 10:00 2Q

PAllen
November 21st, 2015, 12:43 PM
This officiating crew would struggle to call a good high school game. The HL has been jawing since before the game started. Now the FJ tries to make up for it. It's a rivalry game. If you're going to let holding go that much, you have to let a little else go too, especially when it's celebrating on your own sideline.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 12:48 PM
TD Lehigh!

28-7 Lehigh 6:50 2Q

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:49 PM
Untouched rushing TD. How ugly will this score get?

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 12:55 PM
Huge bomb for Lafayette called back on the holding penalty.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 12:59 PM
Untouched rushing TD. How ugly will this score get?

You're underestimating how bad Lehigh's defense is....

BucBisonAtLarge
November 21st, 2015, 01:08 PM
Just a note--
It is sweet to be sitting in Albuquerque, watching 151 on Fox Sports Pacific.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 01:11 PM
28-14 Lehigh at half. Shaf's lack of awareness cost Lehigh a shot at a reasonable FG before half ...

Game is far from over. Lehigh can't allow this to get to one possession heading into the 4th....

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2015, 01:24 PM
That could be a huge error depending how this half goes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 01:48 PM
Lehigh with a 80 yard fumble return for a TD!

42-14 8:40 3Q

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2015, 01:49 PM
Not quite 33 yet

carney2
November 21st, 2015, 01:56 PM
I left the Stadium in the 1st quarter. Told the people in my section that I'll be back when Tavani resigns.

Am home watching Michigan @ Penn State. No Tavani and both schools take it seriously.

PAllen
November 21st, 2015, 02:08 PM
We need to score again.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 02:08 PM
TD 'Pards. Lehigh's still needs to keep scoring....

42-21 0:55 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 02:17 PM
This is the game here. D needs a stop...

PAllen
November 21st, 2015, 02:17 PM
Why are we scared to kick a field goal?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 02:21 PM
Btw...i actually like Lehigh's late 90's looking uniforms. Much better then the early season uni's....

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 02:29 PM
Btw...i actually like Lehigh's late 90's looking uniforms. Much better then the early season uni's....

I generally like the helmet color = pants color for most football uniforms.

Lehigh should wear their L-L 151 uniforms at home all the time.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 02:31 PM
Lehigh TU Owl also likes what happened in his other primary game of interest today...

(I plan to be at the Connecticut/Temple game next Saturday.)

PAllen
November 21st, 2015, 02:35 PM
Why are we scared to kick a field goal?

I guess that's why.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 02:47 PM
The defense is beyond pathetic....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 02:48 PM
Lehigh TU Owl also likes what happened in his other primary game of interest today...

(I plan to be at the Connecticut/Temple game next Saturday.)

Huge win for Temple! I'm going to try and make it next week as well....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 02:50 PM
TD Brags! Congrats on a 1000 yards!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2015, 02:51 PM
Lehigh 56, Lafayette 23

One scoop-and-score to go!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 02:56 PM
Can the defense keep them under 30 points?

PAllen
November 21st, 2015, 02:56 PM
Timeout, really? You're down 21 with a minute left.

PAllen
November 21st, 2015, 02:58 PM
Can the defense keep them under 30 points?

Nope

PAllen
November 21st, 2015, 03:04 PM
This was so much more fun when a win today meant watching tomorrow to see who we would be playing in the playoffs.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2015, 03:08 PM
You're underestimating how bad Lehigh's defense is....

Apparently. xlolx

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 03:11 PM
Lehigh finishes 6-5. Considering their lost 2014 season (3-8), this was a good season for the Mountain Hawks.

As for Lafayette...the less said about 2015, the better. At least their offense was effective today.

Engineer86
November 21st, 2015, 04:20 PM
What was the final, I left to joy a buddy's home brew once LU went up 42-14 on the fumble. Great day all around.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 04:25 PM
What was the final, I left to joy a buddy's home brew once LU went up 42-14 on the fumble. Great day all around.

Lehigh won 49-35.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 04:29 PM
The game seemed to play out how one would have guessed. The Mountain Hawks jumped out early, Lafayette was bumbling, then the 'Pards finally figured out just how bad the Lehigh defense is but they were too far behind at that point.

It was a win Lehigh had to have. It's good to beat your rival and notch a winning season. Still, they'll be right back here next year in a similar spot if the defense doesn't get better. You think pride would have prevented them from hitting 30? I've never seen a Lehigh who gives up points like this. Small's defenses his final 3-4 years weren't terrible. Not this bad....

Lafayette finished 1-10 which is now their 6th straight losing season. I don't see how this can go on....

1,000 yards for Brags! Freshman of The Year? 1st team all league with Edmonds?

carney2
November 21st, 2015, 04:58 PM
Lafayette finished 1-10 which is now their 6th straight losing season. I don't see how this can go on....

But it will. Tavani is still the coach and he does not appear to have pen in hand to write the prayed for resignation. The recruiting has been bad, even by Patriot League standards. No sign that the incoming freshman class will give them a bump. (Two QBs signed from the Lehigh Valley. Neither will be playing QB in college, and God knows what else is expected of them. Could both turn out to be all League DBs or wideouts I guess, but it looks like two wasted scholarships at this point.) They begin 2016 with five games they probably can't win. Hey, if they go 2-9, they are 100% improved, but it realistically looks like a 3 or 4 win team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 07:16 PM

I think the gold helmet should be kept since they've used it now for 30 years. I really liked the clean look of today's uniforms. Maybe because it seemed like they always won 15-20 years ago with today's look? I also like the all whites with Lehigh on the helmet. Keep todays for home and the all whites for the road? They jerseys with the stripes on the shoulders never looked right to me.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 07:19 PM
Perhaps Lehigh could have an alternate dark brown helmet they could wear with white jerseys and dark brown pants.

Pards Rule
November 21st, 2015, 08:59 PM
Well Coach Gruden sat behind me and he nicely posed with my Pard. Had some good chats with him during the game. A classic pic!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21857&stc=1

ngineer
November 21st, 2015, 09:01 PM
Perhaps Lehigh could have an alternate dark brown helmet they could wear with white jerseys and dark brown pants.

90 X $250 per helmet=$22,500. I think the money would be better spent on booster the salary of the position of DC and hire someone is not stuck on one scheme all the time.

ngineer
November 21st, 2015, 09:12 PM
Finally had a great dinner after this Game in a couple years. Players from the 60's and '70s' gathered in the Packer Dining Room with former HC Fred Dunlap and his family. A wonderful get together of the Lehigh football family that was part of the 'great turnaround' from LU's moribound program of early-mid '60's.

Lehigh's offense is remindful of the 'air Lehigh" days, only more balanced. It can move quickly with so many options. If we can find some SEMBLANCE of a defense next year, this can be top 15 team. Excellent young talent,and the seniors this year set a great example of leadership that, hopefully, will spill down upon the juniors. I do give kudos for the Leopards fight. I am sure their coaches told them to hang in there knowing that our defense was not what it looked like in the first quarter. Was most impressed with #30. He can be a real threat next year. I was optimistically picking 7-4 this year, and it should have been that, if not 8-3 had the turnover epidemic not hit--but that is what separates very good teams from mediocre teams. Until Lehigh learns to play defense and protect the ball, that is what we will be...though exciting. But I would rather go 9-2, 10-1 with scores like 28-14, rather than 5-6, 6-5 with scores like 49-42.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2015, 09:16 PM
We won't get out of this range of 4-7 to 7-4 until we find a way to fix the defense. Coach Bott will probably 'retire' now. Coen is loyal to a fault though. Sterrett may have to mandate changes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 09:26 PM
Lehigh has the tools on offense to be a Top 20 team next year. They'll have one of best set of skill guys in FCS imo. The WR's as a group are exceptional. The OL continues to be a strength as well. The key will be coming up with a steady #2 RB and working with Shaf to continue to develop as a passer. Or to perhaps give Mayes a more active role ala Colvin/Lum...

The defense is an absolute mess. Lehigh's not the only team to be facing this problem. Horrific defense finally caught up with Eastern Washington and Montana State this year....

CHIP72
November 21st, 2015, 09:30 PM
90 X $250 per helmet=$22,500. I think the money would be better spent on booster the salary of the position of DC and hire someone is not stuck on one scheme all the time.

Lehigh already has a couple different helmet combinations. They could merely get rid of the white ones, which I personally strongly dislike...

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2015, 09:40 PM
Lehigh has the tools on offense to be a Top 20 team next year. They'll have one of best set of skill guys in FCS imo. The WR's as a group are exceptional. The OL continues to be a strength as well. The key will be coming up with a steady #2 RB and working with Shaf to continue to develop as a passer. Or to perhaps give Mayes a more active role ala Colvin/Lum...

The defense is an absolute mess. Lehigh's not the only team to be facing this problem. Horrific defense finally caught up with Eastern Washington and Montana State this year....

They may have the tools on offense, but Shaf hasn't proven it against higher level competition. He couldn't do much against JMU, Yale or Princeton. The wins came against CCSU (bad), Penn (best win of year), Bucknell (bad), Gtown (bad), Cross (bad) and Lafayette (putrid). I know people are excited by what they have seen at the end of the year, but keep some perspectives on who we were beating. We have 1 quality win this year and it's In That team's first game. Even I was encouraged, but more by what I saw in Mayes.

Defense is a mess, we don't have the tools to be a top 20 team with most of these guys. I'm starting to wonder if we can even recruit good defensive players lately. The it's always great to beat Lafayette, but they even put up 35 on us and this year was a must Win or else vs a historically bad team. I know I'm taking a pessimistic view here, but watching the defense get shredded has done it to me lately. Hey, at least we aren't Lafayette.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 09:51 PM
They may have the tools on offense, but Shaf hasn't proven it against higher level competition. He couldn't do much against JMU, Yale or Princeton. The wins came against CCSU (bad), Penn (best win of year), Bucknell (bad), Gtown (bad), Cross (bad) and Lafayette (putrid). I know people are excited by what they have seen at the end of the year, but keep some perspectives on who we were beating. We have 1 quality win this year and it's In That team's first game. Even I was encouraged, but more by what I saw in Mayes.

Defense is a mess, we don't have the tools to be a top 20 team with most of these guys. I'm starting to wonder if we can even recruit good defensive players lately. The it's always great to beat Lafayette, but they even put up 35 on us and this year was a must Win or else vs a historically bad team. I know I'm taking a pessimistic view here, but watching the defense get shredded has done it to me lately. Hey, at least we aren't Lafayette.

I don't think you're pessimistic at all. I was at the JMU and Princeton games. I saw how bad the looked at times. The Yale game was also a poor performance. In fact, the Yale game was probably the worst showing of the year. To give up 35 points to a putrid Lafayette offense is tough to swallow even in victory too.

The PL in general was rather poor so the late season success needs to taken with some level perspective. Still, there's a lot of very talented FCS players on offense. Shaf is so tough to figure out because he's a damn good football player but not a typical QB. He rarely hesitates to run if his first read or two is not there. He's like Northern Illinois's Jordan Lynch...

The OOC schedule next year is interesting. (the 'Nova game still seems up in the air) Not murderers row but no lay-ups either...

The expectation for next year has to be for the D to be improved enough so that Lehigh can compete for the league title or an at-large bid...

RichH2
November 21st, 2015, 10:08 PM
I thought with a mediocre D we could go 7-4,8-3. Alas,we approached mediocre inconsistently all year. Four years of bad to atrocious defense requires a change. Hope Botts does retire. Andy very loyal and unless forced to,not likely to fire him. We are paying the price for years of poor recruiting D players. Most of our best D players are frosh and soph guys. Youth,injuries certainly a part of the issue. Coaching ? I dont know but consistency comes from experience and coaching. Both need to be in place next year.

hawkineer
November 21st, 2015, 10:40 PM
Hope Botts does retire. Andy very loyal and unless forced to,not likely to fire him.
If true, then Andy's ability to be an effective HEAD COACH really needs to be questioned. It is his responsibility to assemble the best staff that he can who in turn put the players in the best position to succeed.

Being in a position of responsibility, he needs to hold those under him accountable for their performance. Unfortunately, this may force him to make difficult if not unpleasant decisions at times. It's ulimately about leadership.

If this year was just a blip, the defensive mess could be attributed to stuff happens. However, it has been a steep decline under Botts. Having given up 50 points three times this year for the first time in well over 100 years, there's no assurance that 2015 was rock bottom. There will not be championships or playoffs until this defense is vastly improved.

The pitiful defensive performance today, as it has done far too often this year, put a damper on what was otherwise a good win.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2015, 10:51 PM
If true, then Andy's ability to be an effective HEAD COACH really needs to be questioned. It is his responsibility to assemble the best staff that he can who in turn put the players in the best position to succeed.

Being in a position of responsibility, he needs to hold those under him accountable for their performance. Unfortunately, this may force him to make difficult if not unpleasant decisions at times. It's ulimately about leadership.

If this year was just a blip, the defensive mess could be attributed to stuff happens. However, it has been a steep decline under Botts. Having given up 50 points three times this year for the first time in well over 100 years, there's no assurance that 2015 was rock bottom. There will not be championships or playoffs until this defense is vastly improved.

The pitiful defensive performance today, as it has done far too often this year, put a damper on what was otherwise a good win.

I'm pretty sure almost every change in Coens staff throughout his tenure has been through some sort of arm twisting from Sterrett. A lot of these guys he has a long history with. Lehigh has had the same family of coaches since Higgins really.

ngineer
November 21st, 2015, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure almost every change in Coens staff throughout his tenure has been through some sort of arm twisting from Sterrett. A lot of these guys he has a long history with. Lehigh has had the same family of coaches since Higgins really.

Not sure where you get this. Folmar is only second year and almost the entire defense staff, except Bott and Donnie, were hired just last year. WR and RB coaches are new as is the special teams coach.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 11:15 PM
[/B]
Not sure where you get this. Folmar is only second year and almost the entire defense staff, except Bott and Donnie, were hired just last year. WR and RB coaches are new as is the special teams coach.

Speaking of Folmar. His stock is definitely rising. I have to believe he will start to draw some FCS HC/FBS OC attention if the offense continues on its current path. He already has head coaching experience....

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2015, 11:25 PM
[/B]

Probably wasn't clear enough on that. When changes had to be made due to poor performance, not guys leaving

RichH2
November 21st, 2015, 11:41 PM
Andy is loyal. Trey and Donnie Roberts . Stuck with Trey until required to fire him. Loyalty not a bad thing ,even in Head Coaches. Pretty normal to hire guys you know,if they are qualified. Brown was on paper just not in reality. Andy brought in Ceech,another guy he knew. When Coack K left he went with Roberts and Wicher. It didn"t. Botts came in. It is not working. Perhaps not fair given staff turnover,poor prior recruiting ,injuries etc,but in any job you have to deal with the hand you're dealt and play it. Two years,no improvement. Some flashes here and there but no sustained good play. Can this staff do that? Dont know if more experience and depth will alter this situation.

jmufan999
November 21st, 2015, 11:46 PM
Well Coach Gruden sat behind me and he nicely posed with my Pard. Had some good chats with him during the game. A classic pic!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21857&stc=1

does he have a kid that goes there? what's the story?

that's pretty cool.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2015, 11:48 PM
Even the radio guys were poking fun at the defense after the game.

I remember the last 3-4 years of the Small era and those defenses weren't this bad. In fact, they were actually fairly respectable if you look at the ppg. There was a future pro in Rich Owens, Kevin Jefferson, Lee Piccorello, Lance Haynes etc. That 1991 team had legit playmakers. They gave up some points but also played a big time schedule....

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2015, 12:00 AM

that's pretty cool.

Yeah, Gruden's son was a senior on the Lafayette team (something I didn't know until this game).

I now understand why Lafayette had a drawing in 2014 to meet Jon Gruden and the MNF crew prior to either an Eagles MNF home game or Jets MNF home game in the middle of the season.

Pards Rule
November 22nd, 2015, 06:38 AM

that's pretty cool.

Deuce (I assumed named after Cover 2) his son is a RB/ST player on the team. He said he was at 5 games this year. His wife Cindy is at left in photo. He said Deuce just loves Lafayette.

PAllen
November 22nd, 2015, 06:59 AM
Even the radio guys were poking fun at the defense after the game.

I remember the last 3-4 years of the Small era and those defenses weren't this bad. In fact, they were actually fairly respectable if you look at the ppg. There was a future pro in Rich Owens, Kevin Jefferson, Lee Piccorello, Lance Haynes etc. That 1991 team had legit playmakers. They gave up some points but also played a big time schedule....

Yeah, those teams were the previous benchmark for bad D. They gave up fewer points against very good competition. This D made a habit of giving up 5+ TDs against teams that struggle to run plays against tackling dumbies.

Doc QB
November 22nd, 2015, 07:23 AM
Andy is loyal. Trey and Donnie Roberts . Stuck with Trey until required to fire him. Loyalty not a bad thing ,even in Head Coaches. Pretty normal to hire guys you know,if they are qualified. Brown was on paper just not in reality. Andy brought in Ceech,another guy he knew. When Coack K left he went with Roberts and Wicher. It didn"t. Botts came in. It is not working. Perhaps not fair given staff turnover,poor prior recruiting ,injuries etc,but in any job you have to deal with the hand you're dealt and play it. Two years,no improvement. Some flashes here and there but no sustained good play. Can this staff do that? Dont know if more experience and depth will alter this situation.

Andy's staff is really quite young, and I think the inexperience shows. Many of the position guys across the board, at DIII players and started coaching at that level. Thos jobs ate typically
NOT full time gigs. So, to have a DC who has had some success in last, a DL guy who maybe has t, and really houng position guys, I think this is a formula that is easy to see isnt where we may want to be. My era was mentioned in this thread, on D we had Higgins, Reese, Steckel for a long while, and all had FCS/I-AA experience for years, each at multiple Ivy and old Yankee conf schools. All have moved on to bigger venues, coach Reese sadly passed away a few years back. Today, our staff may be a product of who we cant get, what we can pay. Can't imagine we pay LESS now that back them though. Playeg golf w Cecchini before his last year, without saying it directly, seemed to intimate we dont have tons of cash for those position asst guys, given the many other places the budget needs to stretch.

Proud of the team either way. Coulda had some things go better and post anbetter record, but that's football. Still need to fix the D to be where we want league-wise and hopefully OOC and nationally if playoffs come our way.

- - - Updated - - -

Andy's staff is really quite young, and I think the inexperience shows. Many of the position guys across the board, at DIII players and started coaching at that level. Thos jobs ate typically
NOT full time gigs. So, to have a DC who has had some success in last, a DL guy who maybe has t, and really houng position guys, I think this is a formula that is easy to see isnt where we may want to be. My era was mentioned in this thread, on D we had Higgins, Reese, Steckel for a long while, and all had FCS/I-AA experience for years, each at multiple Ivy and old Yankee conf schools. All have moved on to bigger venues, coach Reese sadly passed away a few years back. Today, our staff may be a product of who we cant get, what we can pay. Can't imagine we pay LESS now that back them though. Playeg golf w Cecchini before his last year, without saying it directly, seemed to intimate we dont have tons of cash for those position asst guys, given the many other places the budget needs to stretch.

Proud of the team either way. Coulda had some things go better and post anbetter record, but that's football. Still need to fix the D to be where we want league-wise and hopefully OOC and nationally if playoffs come our way.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2015, 07:59 AM
Yes, I think budget is the primary driver in how we are able to recruit for coaching staff. Maybe less money on "multiple" fashion show uniforms and put that towards bumping salaries to attract more experienced coaches. OTOH, wasn't Bott the DC in the late 90's when we were on a pretty good run? Just seemed to me this year that we didn't 'change up' the defense much and stayed in the base 3-4 rover. At Colgate, we didn't move more big bodies onto the DL when they got inside the five. The LBs just too small to deal with 290 lb OL. I spoke with one of our LBs about Colgate and our lack of hardly blitzing, which was so effective the two previous weeks against Gtown and Cross and he, too, seemed dismayed that they hadn't given that at least at try considering the 'base' wasn't effective. Need someone with the ability to adjust on the fly and not wait until halftime to make adjustments, assuming they are willing to consider them.

Southsider
November 22nd, 2015, 09:23 AM

No way! Stick with the traditional uni they wore for HC.! I think the gold hats are dull, just like the Defense!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2015, 01:06 AM
It's not the first recap out there. But it's hopefully the best.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/lehigh-rewrites-recent-history-and.html

RootinFerDukes
November 23rd, 2015, 02:57 PM
So i'm just now watching this game and it's the early 3rd quarter. There were two consecutive unsportsmanlike conduct penalties called. one against lafayette for "bowing" towards a player after making a defensive pass deflection. the other was lehigh scoring on the next play and the player just did a dancing motion directed at his own teammate.

These are two of the stupidest penalty calls i've ever seen. Give me a friggin break. I'd love to see these calls against JMU's CAA opponents when they excessively celebrate their TDs and taunt at the crowd. Those flags are, of course, nowhere to be found.

Franks Tanks
November 23rd, 2015, 03:10 PM
So i'm just now watching this game and it's the early 3rd quarter. There were two consecutive unsportsmanlike conduct penalties called. one against lafayette for "bowing" towards a player after making a defensive pass deflection. the other was lehigh scoring on the next play and the player just did a dancing motion directed at his own teammate.

These are two of the stupidest penalty calls i've ever seen. Give me a friggin break. I'd love to see these calls against JMU's CAA opponents when they excessively celebrate their TDs and taunt at the crowd. Those flags are, of course, nowhere to be found.

Officiating sucked! There were way too many ticky-tak calls all game, and I am including ones that went both ways. Zebra's need to learn we aren't there to see them.

LehighU11
November 23rd, 2015, 03:35 PM
Officiating sucked! There were way too many ticky-tak calls all game, and I am including ones that went both ways. Zebra's need to learn we aren't there to see them.

Nothing new for Patriot League officiating to be abhorrent, but Saturday definitely had an excessive number of ticky-tak calls.

The 147th in 2011 had a similar series of questionable calls of the same nature. I recall one of our LBs, Colin Newton, being incorrectly penalized for a late hit at the start of the game (it was a teammate who committed the personal foul). Then, he returned a fumble for a TD and somersaulted into the end zone. There was an LC player coming across the field towards him, but the refs decided it was unsportsmanlike conduct and ejected him for his 2nd unsportsmanlike penalty.

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2015, 03:52 PM
It was ridiculous. Even Coach Gruden behind me was like "let them play ref"

ngineer
November 23rd, 2015, 09:20 PM
Agreed about the officiating. In addition to the above noted "penalties", the "targeting" foul was shown to also be a travesty. Lehigh player led with his shoulder and the Lafayette receiver lowered his head. The contact between the helmets was glancing. This, even after it was reviewed 'upstairs'. The player was then ejected. A senior in his last game. Twas a damn shame. The "bowing" penalties, I also thought were 'ticky tack' but I do understand the refs' concerns in such a rivalry game from letting things get out of hand. Coen was heard to yell at Pelletier as he came of the field to "smarten up!"

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Agreed about the officiating. In addition to the above noted "penalties", the "targeting" foul was shown to also be a travesty. Lehigh player led with his shoulder and the Lafayette receiver lowered his head. The contact between the helmets was glancing. This, even after it was reviewed 'upstairs'. The player was then ejected. A senior in his last game. Twas a damn shame. The "bowing" penalties, I also thought were 'ticky tack' but I do understand the refs' concerns in such a rivalry game from letting things get out of hand. Coen was heard to yell at Pelletier as he came of the field to "smarten up!"

I was in the stands and without the benefit of a replay scoreboard didn't see a rerun of the targeting play but it looked like as it played out in front of me as NOT a target. After the dude was ejected (which I didn't know was the second half of the penalty!) I looked in the program and remarked to my friend that he was a senior and a shame to be ejected in first quarter of his last game, ultimately a Hawk win. LFN, I do call them as I see them! I also thought the bowing penalty was just ridiculous. What did Pelletier do to warrant his flag. I was talking to Coach Gruden after that TD :)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2015, 07:35 AM
I was in the stands and without the benefit of a replay scoreboard didn't see a rerun of the targeting play but it looked like as it played out in front of me as NOT a target. After the dude was ejected (which I didn't know was the second half of the penalty!) I looked in the program and remarked to my friend that he was a senior and a shame to be ejected in first quarter of his last game, ultimately a Hawk win. LFN, I do call them as I see them! I also thought the bowing penalty was just ridiculous. What did Pelletier do to warrant his flag. I was talking to Coach Gruden after that TD :)

I also thought that both unsportsmanlikes were ludicrous, and said so in the box. Pelletier's flag was for doing the kissing-the-bicep thing after the TD catch.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2015, 07:53 AM
I also thought that both unsportsmanlikes were ludicrous, and said so in the box. Pelletier's flag was for doing the kissing-the-bicep thing after the TD catch.

Classic...someone should grab those two segments and post them to show how ridiculous they were. Not that it mattered but I thought the LC player (number 34 a frosh from nearby Haddonfield NJ listed in the program as one Mark Walker) bowed toward the Lehigh stands? Would that interpretation merit a flag? He was also the player flagged for a USL that cost the Pards a critical third down stop against LU too. The bow came after whatever he did the first time. LFN isn't two USLs ground for ejection or what is the rule?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Classic...someone should grab those two segments and post them to show how ridiculous they were. Not that it mattered but I thought the LC player (number 34 a frosh from nearby Haddonfield NJ listed in the program as one Mark Walker) bowed toward the Lehigh stands? Would that interpretation merit a flag? He was also the player flagged for a USL that cost the Pards a critical third down stop against LU too. The bow came after whatever he did the first time. LFN isn't two USLs ground for ejection or what is the rule?

Two USLs are indeed grounds for ejection. In the box score for Lehigh, the foul on 34 was replaced by a personal foul on Smalley (not a USL). Maybe that's how they got around it.

A lot of Lehigh people were really pissed at the targeting call in Rigaud. My understanding of the rule is that there's not a lot of leeway - if helmet to helmet contact happens (it did), then it's targeting. I know 100% it wasn't Rigaud's intent to go helmet to helmet, but I thought that there was no choice.

Andy
November 24th, 2015, 08:28 AM

Shoulder to the head or neck area of a "defenseless player" is "targeting." Helmet to helmet not required. Was there "forcible contact"?

Call I'll be going back to look at was the facemask call on the LU QB on 3rd down. Flag came in late. Tavani went beserk.

Smalley's bowing thing came right after being called for interference, IIRC. Still stupid. Kissing the bicep - idiotic.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Shoulder to the head or neck area of a "defenseless player" is "targeting." Helmet to helmet not required. Was there "forcible contact"?

Call I'll be going back to look at was the facemask call on the LU QB on 3rd down. Flag came in late. Tavani went beserk.

Smalley's bowing thing came right after being called for interference, IIRC. Still stupid. Kissing the bicep - idiotic.

haha wish I had seen that...Maybe he's impressed with himself by kissing bicep. Andy, I am nearly certain the bow came from Lafayette's Mark Walker (# 34) breaking up the pass. The other USL infraction I thought was called on 34 from what I thought I heard the PA announcer say and he came right out afterwards. Smalley is 24 so maybe the wrong number was called initially and then changed, What was the facemask? I missed it (but aware of the resulting LU benefit) but was it completely marginal or what?

ngineer
November 24th, 2015, 11:08 PM

I DVR'd the game and replayed Saturday night (what better way to unwind (;-)). There was a clear face mask pull as Shafnisky was going down. Don't think it intentional, but the hand came up along the side of the mask and pulled the head. Anytime an official sees the head move back like that will attract a flag.

gotts
December 10th, 2015, 08:15 AM
http://deadspin.com/cops-lehigh-football-players-broke-into-wrong-house-1747277277

Seven members of the Lehigh University football team have been charged with various things ranging from trespass to assault, after police say they broke into an off-campus house and pummeled one resident in an attempted revenge attack for an earlier assault on one player’s fraternity president. It would have been bad enough if the players hadn’t chosen the wrong house, and beaten up a person who had nothing to do with it...

So Lehigh obviously won due to the advantage of having hardened criminals on the roster :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2015, 08:29 AM
http://deadspin.com/cops-lehigh-football-players-broke-into-wrong-house-1747277277

So Lehigh obviously won due to the advantage of having hardened criminals on the roster :D

This should be interesting. I have a feeling most of these charges will be dropped for testifying against Githens...

The pics are the best in some ways. 7 white guys on a football team charged with a crime?

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2015, 09:05 AM
So why were these kids not suspended for the game? They were not yet charged, but I'm sure the school was aware they were involved in the incident. I doubt the charges will be dropped for testimony, as there seems to be ample evidence against Givens already. The other 6 are also culpable, and it is not ok to break into a private residence.

Lehigh needs to take action. If these kids are suiting up in brown and white, excuse me brown and some weird tan color with gold helmets, it will be a travesty.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2015, 09:16 AM
So why were these kids not suspended for the game? They were not yet charged, but I'm sure the school was aware they were involved in the incident. I doubt the charges will be dropped for testimony, as there seems to be ample evidence against Givens already. The other 6 are also culpable, and it is not ok to break into a private residence.

Lehigh needs to take action. If these kids are suiting up in brown and white, excuse me brown and some weird tan color with gold helmets, it will be a travesty.

Of the seven, Robb played vs. Lafayette, but none of the other six participated in the game. At least one of the "players" wasn't on the roster last season, and only Robb had significant playing time. I'm not at all sure he played the entire game.

Andy
December 10th, 2015, 01:49 PM
This should be interesting. I have a feeling most of these charges will be dropped for testifying against Githens...

The charges will be lessened for the additional kids, but not because of testimony re Githens. He made a statement and ID'd the other participants per a news piece. Dimes are being dropped, however, one identified one of the others as the guy who peed in the fridge. The DA "hoped to reach a possible resolution that would avoid a trial."

The interesting take-away to an LC alum is the fact that the fraternity involved has gone unscathed. At LC I guarantee the frat would be gone, an over 100 year history wiped out for the actions of a few. The LU frat had just been investigated for an alcohol violation. Points out the different attitudes of the schools - LC aggressively ridding the campus of its frats while LU obviously wants to maintain them. Unfortunately, this incident will be "told you so" fodder for the LC dweebs. Many LC alums have withdrawn their support of The College over the issue.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I just noted the name Mark Walker who I incorrectly ID as a Lafayette player. I see where he was charged as an LU player and I realized I looked at the Lehigh roster that day by accident. The Lafayette player wearing # 34 that day is Andrew Churma.

LUHawker
December 10th, 2015, 02:50 PM
If these kids are suiting up in brown and white, excuse me brown and some weird tan color with gold helmets, it will be a travesty.

Not to deflect the serious issue here, but I would like to address the hideous new Lehigh unis they rolled out for 151. I was liking the all-browns with the white helmets. I don't LOVE the all-whites for the away games, but with the brown pants, it was alright.

I'm pretty sure Lehigh is the Brown & White, not the brown, white and gold, or tan or matte gold helmet or whatever school colors. I'm no fan.

And before all you Leopards claim the color high-ground here, I'm pretty sure that LC isn't the black and maroon and white or the grey and white or the maroon and black or whatever, so let's just say that the schools have taken some unfortunate liberties with the unis in recent years.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Peed in the refrigerator?? Seriously?

heath
December 10th, 2015, 05:28 PM

unless you are the POTUS and ignore the law.......it is called due process. You still would have lost the game with or without these players.xrotatehx Many schools allow players to play until their day in court. I'm sure you've seen this beforexsmiley_wix

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Not to deflect the serious issue here, but I would like to address the hideous new Lehigh unis they rolled out for 151. I was liking the all-browns with the white helmets. I don't LOVE the all-whites for the away games, but with the brown pants, it was alright.

I'm pretty sure Lehigh is the Brown & White, not the brown, white and gold, or tan or matte gold helmet or whatever school colors. I'm no fan.

And before all you Leopards claim the color high-ground here, I'm pretty sure that LC isn't the black and maroon and white or the grey and white or the maroon and black or whatever, so let's just say that the schools have taken some unfortunate liberties with the unis in recent years.

Those pants, and the under armor sleeves sticking out, were ghastly. Agree that LC uses black or grey too often as well.

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2015, 06:02 PM
unless you are the POTUS and ignore the law.......it is called due process. You still would have lost the game with or without these players.xrotatehx Many schools allow players to play until their day in court. I'm sure you've seen this beforexsmiley_wix

i was waiting for this. Nobody has suggested that suspending the players would change the outcome of the game. I am all for due process, especially when considering punishment from the school. However, Coen had more than enough information to suspend these kids from the team. They certainly violated team rules, and if they didn't perhaps Lehigh needs to make some team rules.

ngineer
December 10th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Peed in the refrigerator?? Seriously?

Frozen pees, er peas

RichH2
December 10th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Thanks ngineer. Missed the puns for a bit.
Speculation to the side. likely all the players have been suspended by LU. Readmission depends on resolution of this situation
Practically,it is likely the trespass chages will be pled down to misdemeanirs at most. They all will still face the LU disciplinary process.
IMr.Githens situation not as clear cut.

Andy
December 11th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Frozen pees, er peas

Funny, too, that Frigidaire took the opportunity to embed an advertisement:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/police-lehigh-players-broke-into-wrong-house-assaulted-residents-peed-in-fridge/ar-AAgfR7l?li=BBnb7Kz

Kid you not.

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Funny, too, that Frigidaire took the opportunity to embed an advertisement:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/police-lehigh-players-broke-into-wrong-house-assaulted-residents-peed-in-fridge/ar-AAgfR7l?li=BBnb7Kz

Kid you not.

But of course...isn't that the internet way?