PDA

View Full Version : SUU -- Portland State

mmiller_34
November 14th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Anyone else watching?? It has been crazy. SUU just tried for 2 to win... No good.

veinup
November 14th, 2015, 07:20 PM
yap, great game

JALMOND is also watching

dont even know who i should be rooting for because i'm confused by the BSC playoff picture at this point

saxbison
November 14th, 2015, 07:20 PM
That was a terrible decision by the coach. Why not tie it and let your defense win it for you?

veinup
November 14th, 2015, 07:27 PM
congrats to the viks! hope yall make some noise in the playoffs.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Unbelievable!!xthumbsupx

And he...then we...and then...and we...and...

I don't know. Unbelievable.:D

MTfan4life
November 14th, 2015, 07:30 PM
That was a terrible decision by the coach. Why not tie it and let your defense win it for you?

Terrible kicking game. Had a missed field goal just minutes before that and had struggled on PAT's all season. They ran a great play, the QB just got way too excited. Receiver had no one within 5 yards of him, but the QB threw a 95 mph heater low and away.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 07:31 PM
So what happens if there is a four way tie? If SUU loses to NAU there will be a huge mess..

SUU 6-2
Montana 6-2
PSU 6-2
NAU 6-2

ezgriz51
November 14th, 2015, 09:12 PM
If it ends that way....cool! Griz would get the auto bid.

veinup
November 14th, 2015, 09:14 PM
If it ends that way....cool! Griz would get the auto bid.

is that true?

i need somebody to make one of those complicated "if x then y" type writeups .... im very confused

Missingnumber7
November 14th, 2015, 09:22 PM
I think it would be PSU but need to check my spreadsheet

ezgriz51
November 14th, 2015, 09:25 PM
I was wrong...I believe EWU has to beat PSU for the Griz to get the auto. But, SUU and NAU can't end with two losses....I believe they play each other next weekend.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I was wrong...I believe EWU has to beat PSU for the Griz to get the auto. But, SUU and NAU can't end with two losses....I believe they play each other next weekend.

SUU has one loss right now. If they lose to NAU, both SUU and NAU would have two losses.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2015, 09:35 PM
So what happens if there is a four way tie? If SUU loses to NAU there will be a huge mess..

SUU 6-2
Montana 6-2
PSU 6-2
NAU 6-2

PSU would have head to head against both SUU and the Griz, and they most likely would keep their edge in Sagarin over NAU with a win over EWU. How that all translates in a 4-way tie, I really don't know. I do know that all four would be listed as co-champions as far the conference historical records go.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 09:46 PM
The bizarre thing is that SUU could share for the conference title and not make the playoffs. Not sure that has ever happened in a conference like the Big Sky.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2015, 09:58 PM
What the PSU announcers were saying after the game was that if SUU wins next week, they get the autobid. If SUU loses, then PSU is next up and if PSU wins, they get the autobid. If both SUU and PSU lose, then it opens up a big can of worms. Not sure how they arrived at that, but that is what they thought. They also thought this win put PSU in the playoffs regardless of the outcome next week.

MTfan4life
November 15th, 2015, 01:44 AM
The bizarre thing is that SUU could share for the conference title and not make the playoffs. Not sure that has ever happened in a conference like the Big Sky.

I'm pretty sure this has actually happened in the Big Sky before. I remember a few years ago talking about the potential of Wofford not getting in as co-champs and referencing a previous instance from the Big Sky. I'll have to check the media guide, though.

Edit, I could find that it happened three times where a co-Big Sky champion didn't make the playoffs:
Idaho State in 2002
Montana State in 2005 and 1982