PDA

View Full Version : Penn to the top 10

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Without question a top 10 team after knocking off what should have been number one Harbard

bulldog10jw
November 14th, 2015, 02:20 PM
I thought H was #5

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Puck Fenn

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 03:02 PM
If Harvard is in your poll this week then f@#* you. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2015, 03:29 PM
They'll be in my Top 25

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Shocking

3 Ivy teams in you top 25 this week then?

Sickening

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 03:33 PM
They'll be in my Top 25

F*$% you, then.

Paper tiger gets dismantled. Embarrassing.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 14th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Harvard could lose to Clemson and folks would be clamoring to drop them from the Top 25

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Harvard could lose to Clemson and folks would be clamoring to drop them from the Top 25

But they didn't, they lost to Penn who lost to a terrible Lehigh team by 21 and got taken to OT by Princeton.

Sorry to break up your Patriot/Ivy circle jerk.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I rank the IVYies because it really seems to piss off the UNI guys.

Lehigh'98
November 14th, 2015, 04:04 PM

Shhh, this is why everyone does it. You are going to blow our troll cover...

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 04:22 PM

I don't mind them being ranked. Top 10 is obnoxious and I don't see any reason at all after today.

Missingnumber7
November 14th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I don't rank Ivyies because their existence doesn't matter to FCS football and that pisses people off too.

centennial
November 14th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Shocking

Sickening
You mean 4 IVY and 3 PL? Then yes.

dbackjon
November 14th, 2015, 05:34 PM
See I was right. Harvard sucks

Fordham
November 14th, 2015, 06:48 PM
See I was right. Harvard sucks
Me too

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 07:13 PM
I led that charge.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Are we forgetting Penn throttled Villanova? Nothing but confirmation bias... this is a troll thread.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Are we forgetting Penn throttled Villanova? Nothing but confirmation bias... this is a troll thread.

Throttled? You mean their 11 point win in Nova's backup QBs first start? It's not like Villanova has been that impressive this year.

Gil Dobie
November 14th, 2015, 07:47 PM

Maybe I should have Nova in my poll?

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Throttled? You mean their 11 point win in Nova's backup QBs first start? It's not like Villanova has been that impressive this year.

Thank you for making this point. This shows that you have no insight or knowledge of Ivy football. Your dribble on this thread has now been qualified.

Penn controlled TOP 2:1. Penn was winning 17-0 until deep into the 4th, and was up by 18 until the last minute of the game.

Villanova fans on AGS say the game wasn't even as close as the score, stats indicate.

Villanova just beat Richmond today. I'd say that's "impressive."

But, I guess I'll struggle this week whether to rank a sub .500 MVFC team... YSU or Indiana State... hmmm decisions...

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Maybe I should have Nova in my poll?

Yeah maybe... won 4 of 5, three in a row, beat Richmond, 6-4 overall, one more win and they may get in... they would be 6-2 in the CAA. They are better than YSU or Indiana State (thank heaven they are not ranked anymore) being in the T25... I don't know why pollsters keep cycling those teams in...

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Thank you for making this point. This shows that you have no insight or knowledge of Ivy football. Your dribble on this thread has now been qualified.

Penn controlled TOP 2:1. Penn was winning 17-0 until deep into the 4th, and was up by 18 until the last minute of the game.

Villanova fans on AGS say the game wasn't even as close as the score, stats indicate.

Villanova just beat Richmond today. I'd say that's "impressive."

But, I guess I'll struggle this week whether to rank a sub .500 MVFC team... YSU or Indiana State... hmmm decisions...

It's real brilliant painting with a broad brush. Neither MVFC team you mentioned should be ranked. TOP doesn't meant ****.

If the Ivies want respect they can earn it like everyone else. Harvard got WAY more credit than they deserved and got exposed today.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 08:04 PM
I had Harvard and Dartmouth in my poll until their "good game" showed me they were both good but nothing special. Harvard won and stayed in. They are out today.

Pard4Life
November 14th, 2015, 08:07 PM
They are not a top ten team... they just get that way because they keep winning while other teams in CAA, Big Sky etc. lose. Don't agree with how most do their polls...

They are a top 20-25, 15-20 team most years.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2015, 08:25 PM
They are not a top ten team... they just get that way because they keep winning while other teams in CAA, Big Sky etc. lose. Don't agree with how most do their polls...

They are a top 20-25, 15-20 team most years.

They are 25-30 right now in my mind. It's hard to ever say where they actually are. I would guess the top team in the Ivy is typically 20-30.

Bisonoline
November 14th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Shocking

Sickening

Do they still play football?

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:11 PM
It's not like I don't watch Ivy games, like LFN wants to think.

I watched 90% of the Harvard game today. The Ivy league just looks a solid step or two slower than watching MVFC, Big Sky, etc...

Penn got Nova. Yep. Perfect storm situation there. Nova also hasn't been in my submission for WEEKS - actually since that loss.

I can't help but laugh at comparing Harvard to Nova, WIU, or YSU and in the same post making a case for having them in the top 10-15

CHIP72
November 14th, 2015, 11:24 PM
But they didn't, they lost to Penn who lost to a terrible Lehigh team by 21 and got taken to OT by Princeton.

1) Lehigh really isn't terrible this year, and that was Penn's first game of the season (while it was Lehigh's third game).

2) Princeton beat the Patriot League champions this season.

BTW, at least Ivy/Patriot League fans are aware that very few people outside this board really care what happens in Division I-AA/FCS football.

Sorry to break up your flyover country circle jerk.

Thumper 76
November 15th, 2015, 12:51 AM
1) Lehigh really isn't terrible this year, and that was Penn's first game of the season (while it was Lehigh's third game).

BTW, at least Ivy/Patriot League fans are aware that very few people outside this board really care what happens in Division I-AA/FCS football.

Man, you know you pissed off a East Coaster when they start dropping the flyover country thing xlolx

PantherRob82
November 15th, 2015, 09:54 AM

1) yes they are
2)WGAF
3) We are all aware of that. Maybe Ivy/PL fans needed to realize that very few people outside of their conferences are impressed by their schedules.

Son of Eli
November 15th, 2015, 10:17 AM

Penn also handily beat then #4 ranked Villanova and nearly beat Fordham.

Son of Eli
November 15th, 2015, 10:34 AM
It's not like I don't watch Ivy games, like LFN wants to think.

I watched 90% of the Harvard game today. The Ivy league just looks a solid step or two slower than watching MVFC, Big Sky, etc...

Penn got Nova. Yep. Perfect storm situation there. Nova also hasn't been in my submission for WEEKS - actually since that loss.

I can't help but laugh at comparing Harvard to Nova, WIU, or YSU and in the same post making a case for having them in the top 10-15

Yale had no problem beating Big Sky member Cal Poly on the road in 2013 by a score of 24-10. Yale shut them out in the second half. Where was that so called speed advantage then?

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Penn also handily beat then #4 ranked Villanova and nearly beat Fordham.

IDGAF what they were then. It was heir first game without a 4 year starting, award winning, QB.

Notice how they aren't ranked now and haven't been

Go Green
November 16th, 2015, 06:08 AM
So if Penn is in the top 10, where do you put Dartmouth?

We trashed Penn. We were up 41-6 before the coaches emptied the benches.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210390331&DB_OEM_ID=11600

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2015, 06:27 AM
So if Penn is in the top 10, where do you put Dartmouth?

We trashed Penn. We were up 41-6 before the coaches emptied the benches.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210390331&DB_OEM_ID=11600

Dartmouth goes in the category of "good thing we played Penn early"

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2015, 09:23 AM
There will be zero IVY League & Pioneer schools in my top 25 even though we played Penn early. Sigh.