PDA

View Full Version : GDT: NDSU @ YSU

Pages : 1 [2]

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Thanks for having your typical November collapse with just enough time for NDSU to win, YSU.

Gotta win the ugly ones!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 05:07 PM
How many wins does YSU have against NDSU in the last 4 years? .....thought so

Should have had one today but the zebras gave it to you.

Missingnumber7
November 14th, 2015, 05:08 PM

Keep using excuses like that. Pellini will love fans giving his team a pass.

Twentysix
I'll be. I thought it was a bad call at the time, but that is blatant PI. Good call.

Bison Fan in NW MN

That PI was not 4th down. NDSU still could have scored a TD on that drive.

X-Factor
Or maybe your team can't close games

Edit: enjoy your turkey dinner

centennial
November 14th, 2015, 05:09 PM
You really think so, it was maybe marginal call. Your team lost because of your OC's play calling, he shouldn't have been trying to run the clock. Also, instead of taking shots down the field(which almost worked on 1 play), if you kept with the plays you were calling before, you would have won.

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2015, 05:18 PM
YSU is an embarrassment to the Missouri Valley conference.

That fourth quarter was out of hand an as long as Bo Pelini is at that school I will always root for them to go 0-11.

Bo is classless and should have had 3 or more unsportsmanlike penalties on him.

semobison
November 14th, 2015, 05:19 PM

Should have been a no call on the PI but it was only 3rd down. Your punter and the big dropped pass we're gifts!
Ytown lost it more than the Bison won it! But, we will take it!

BisonBacker
November 14th, 2015, 05:19 PM

That fourth quarter was out of hand an as long as Bo Pelini is at that school I will always root for them to go 0-11.

This times 10. What an asshat!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 05:21 PM

I agree. Watching his antics on the sideline makes me happy we have Coach K and no one like Pellini.

penguinpower
Well there goes the conspiracy theories.

The ball was uncatchable

BisonFan02
YSU can go to the CAA anytime now....I wouldn't shed a single tear.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 05:22 PM
YSU can go to the CAA anytime now....I wouldn't shed a single tear.

xnodx

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 05:24 PM

Bo apparently got pissed because he wasn't given an explanation. But he seems to get pissed at everything. As long as he continues to act this way he will cost his team games. I bet you Tressel has a few words with him. I think Tressel would find this behavior unacceptable.

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2015, 05:25 PM

Just take your win and realize you got lucky. Because the MVFC embarrassment just showed the rest of the FCS that the BIZON reign is over.

Enjoy the rest of your season; we'll be watching the championship game from home again just like NDSU will be this season.xbawlingx

centennial
November 14th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Bo apparently got pissed because he wasn't given an explanation. But he seems to get pissed at everything.
Bo is a good coach, but he has bad anger issues. Nebraska's 9 win team is 4-6 this season. YSU will compete to win the valley next year, hell you were a couple of meltdowns away this year. I just wish he would shut his mouth, and use that energy on beating the opponents.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Bo apparently got pissed because he wasn't given an explanation. But he seems to get pissed at everything. As long as he continues to act this way he will cost his team games. I bet you Tressel has a few words with him. I think Tressel would find this behavior unacceptable.

Yeah Bo needs to pick and chose his meltdowns....He was laying into the ref for a 12 men on the field penalty when YSU clearly had 12 men out there. The man was more worried about the refs then the game.

Missingnumber7
November 14th, 2015, 05:42 PM
The ball was uncatchable

That's fine the call is changed to holding, still auto first down. Uncatchable doesn't matter.

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Just take your win and realize you got lucky. Because the MVFC embarrassment just showed the rest of the FCS that the BIZON reign is over.

Enjoy the rest of your season; we'll be watching the championship game from home again just like NDSU will be this season.xbawlingx
You are clueless.

I'm not talking about the quality of the team... Which showed signs of greatness.

I'm talking about an entire coaching staff yelling at not one but two officials on the sideline while they are attempting to explain calls....for the entire game.

Missingnumber7
November 14th, 2015, 05:45 PM
You are clueless.

I'm not talking about the quality of the team... Which showed signs of greatness.

I'm talking about an entire coaching staff yelling at not one but two officials on the sideline while they are attempting to explain calls....for the entire game.

You mean 3...Bo finally got the White hat to come over and was dumb too.

Mayville Bison
November 14th, 2015, 05:48 PM
The ball was uncatchable

Where did this come from? Multiple people have said it, too.

The ball was clearly batted by the defender who also tugged the receiver down. If the defender could get it, how could it be ruled uncatchable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2015, 05:48 PM
The salt of YSU fans is almost as good as NDSU winning.

Almost.

I will say, the refs were terrible on both sides of the football all game.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2015, 05:52 PM
The salt of YSU fans is almost as good as NDSU winning.

Almost.

I will say, the refs were terrible on both sides of the football all game.

I really wanted to blow up Pelini's squad, but this is almost better. Watching him explode on the sidelines was awesome. You wonder what their OC was thinking "For the love of god, Bo, stop getting flagged, and maybe I can win this thing."

TennBison
November 14th, 2015, 05:55 PM
The ball was uncatchable

That is fine. You do know however that the ref had two calls he could make on that play. So even if the PI was uncatchable, he still could just as well call holding for pulling the jersey, both penalties have the same outcome. Face it, the YSU team as a whole blew the game. The offense could not stay on the field (three 3 and outs in the fourth quarter), your punter blew two punts in a row, and your coach can't keep his cool even when he is wrong. And your team lost the game in the second half.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 06:00 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2TxKd8-drr0

Pelini post game

TennBison
November 14th, 2015, 06:01 PM

So your big comeback/smackdown is going to be saying that NDSU is making the playoffs while your team sits at home. Even if we don't win the national title at least we have a shot. While your only title hopes are going to come from playing Madden football.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Please spare everyone the NDSU arrogance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Please spare everyone the NDSU arrogance.

More like YSU whining....xrolleyesx

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 06:11 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-k35Q8ODJs

LB Lee Wright post game.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 06:13 PM
More like YSU whining....xrolleyesx

Pride comes before the fall

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Pride comes before the fall

I've watched decent YSU teams fold like cheap chairs in the 2nd half under Wolford now Pellini's antics cost them a chance of kicking a FG to tie the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pellini in the FD next year...xnodx

Bisonator
November 14th, 2015, 06:23 PM
After watching replays of those last series I stand corrected. There was no false start as everyone moved on the center snap except the QB wasn't ready. Lucky he didn't fumble it away right there. And the PI call was correct as well. Refs did have some bad calls earlier but not those 2 and they had bad calls against both teams.

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2015, 06:30 PM
You are clueless.

hahahahahahaha.....I watched what Pelini and his brother did. The coaching staff is a part of the team, right? Maybe what you meant to say was the coaching staff?

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2015, 06:32 PM
So your big comeback/smackdown is going to be saying that NDSU is making the playoffs while your team sits at home. Even if we don't win the national title at least we have a shot. While your only title hopes are going to come from playing Madden football.

hahahahahahahaha......we're used to it already!!!! You'll be home for the holidays with us this year....hahahahaha.

BisonFan02
November 14th, 2015, 06:35 PM
hahahahahahahaha......we're used to it already!!!! You'll be home for the holidays with us this year....hahahahaha.

Yeah.....a first round bye for Thanksgiving and the time off between the semis on 12/18 and 19 through the natty on 1/9. xlolx (Lord willing.....)

Bisonwinagn
November 14th, 2015, 06:37 PM
After watching replays of those last series I stand corrected. There was no false start as everyone moved on the center snap except the QB wasn't ready. Lucky he didn't fumble it away right there. And the PI call was correct as well. Refs did have some bad calls earlier but not those 2 and they had bad calls against both teams.

The false start was never in question since he snapped it early. The PI looked bad live, but now we have proof it was the right call. I will concede though that NDSU was lucky because YSU missed numerous wide open receivers. Most teams have completed those all year so the only blame goes to YSU for missing those opportunities. This game could have been over early, but they let NDSU hang around until the end.

BisonTru
November 14th, 2015, 06:39 PM
After watching the post game comments, that LB has a hellova lot more class and maturity than his head coach.

Pelini has absolutely no remorse for how he reached. He caused two flags late, to basically insure his offense didn't have a chance. One thing I learned real early in my adult life is when dealing with authority figures like police or officials, hell even people handling your food, it usually works out a lot better for you, if you treat them with some respect.

Pellini's in their ear the entire game and at one point reading lips he called the official a "****ing coward." YSU fans get use to being on the wrong end of close calls.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 06:43 PM
After watching the post game comments, that LB has a hellova lot more class and maturity than his head coach.

Pelini has absolutely no remorse for how he reached. He caused two flags late, to basically insure his offense didn't have a chance. One thing I learned real early in my adult life is when dealing with authority figures like police or officials, hell even people handling your food, it usually works out a lot better for you, if you treat them with some respect.

Pellini's in their ear the entire game and at one point reading lips he called the official a "****ing coward." YSU fans get use to being on the wrong end of close calls.

Totally agree. Great post

TennBison
November 14th, 2015, 06:47 PM

Sure we will be home for the holidays. FYI, we were home for the holidays last year, the year before that, the year before that, and......the year before that as well. And then after each one of those holidays we went to the National Championship and won all four. So my guess is...... being home for the holidays works well for us.xnodx

SoupCity85
November 14th, 2015, 06:48 PM

100% agree on that. He'll cost YSU a few more games over his tenure as well. I don't mind him getting pissed off and letting an official know that, but hello don't carry on for the next 10 minutes about it. It will cost you a call that you may need later.

Daved
November 14th, 2015, 07:00 PM
So your big comeback/smackdown is going to be saying that NDSU is making the playoffs while your team sits at home. Even if we don't win the national title at least we have a shot. While your only title hopes are going to come from playing Madden football.Dude--you won the game--relax--the world is still turning even though we lost our shot at the playoffs----I know this is big stuff up in ND so relax and enjoy it--down here most football fans never even heard of NDSU and the rest of the FCS teams--the few that do will somehow get over this..Congrats on the win and sorry it wasn't the massacre you expected but a win is a win--enjoy it.xcoffeex

BisonFan02
November 14th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Dude--you won the game--relax--the world is still turning even though we lost our shot at the playoffs----I know this is big stuff up in ND so relax and enjoy it--down here most football fans never even heard of NDSU and the rest of the FCS teams--the few that do will somehow get over this..Congrats on the win and sorry it wasn't the massacre you expected but a win is a win--enjoy it.xcoffeex

Again with this.......that's not something I would keep admitting. xlolx

TennBison
November 14th, 2015, 07:07 PM

Why they would say that, or even admit it is shocking, how uninformed can a college football fan be. And why would he think that I was not enjoying myself, my team just won and pretty much just wrapped up a #2 seed. Life is good.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 07:11 PM

Hardly anyone in Ohio cares for any team except the buckeyes. FCS is seen as low level football and there is a lot of arrogance about it. He is just stating the truth. Most YSU fans are both YSU and Ohio State fans. It is just that way in Ohio. NDSU is the only game in town.

BisonFan02
November 14th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Hardly anyone in Ohio cares for any team except the buckeyes. FCS is seen as low level football and there is a lot of arrogance about it. He is just stating the truth. Most YSU fans are both YSU and Ohio State fans. It is just that way in Ohio.

We've noticed.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 07:18 PM
They see Toledo, Kent, Akron, Ohio University, Miami of Ohio, bowling green, and even Cincinnati as lower level football. YSU and Dayton doesn't even register with these people. Not to mention Baldwin Wallace, mount union, Heidelberg, Wilberforce, Ashland etc..... Those schools aren't even known to most fans. We are a small minority and if our team keeps missing the playoffs they will stay home and watch the buckeyes.

Daved
November 14th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Again with this.......that's not something I would keep admitting. xlolxIts reality here--Ohio State and HS football are big in this area--just wanted you guys to realize that most down here don't follow FCS and many won't be jumping off our bridges(which are probably unsafe anyways)I'm one of the non-conformists that do follow YSU football--in spite of Bo I believe we will become a team to reckon with--this year we only lost to A.C.C. Pitt by one score--Perennial National Champs NDSU by 3 points and Runner-up Ill. State by 2 points.We did play terrible vs. those pesky Jacks which we usually do--just as NDSU did vs. the Yotes.Enjoy the win--we both know the game could've gone either way but in games like that champions usually find the way to win.With 10 D-1 teams in the state of Ohio its a lot different scenario than up in N.D.

Daved
November 14th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Why they would say that, or even admit it is shocking, how uninformed can a college football fan be. And why would he think that I was not enjoying myself, my team just won and pretty much just wrapped up a #2 seed. Life is good.Most college fans that don't live in the Dakotas are not familiar with teams that aren't FBS--I remember reading on the Michigan forums years ago that nearly the entire football team had never heard of Appalachian State.Unfortunately most college fans throughout most of the U.S. are only familiar with FBS teams--just as most baseball fans that follow Major League baseball know nothing of most of the minor league teams.Whether we like to admit it or not its reality.

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I've watched decent YSU teams fold like cheap chairs in the 2nd half under Wolford now Pellini's antics cost them a chance of kicking a FG to tie the game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pellini in the FD next year...xnodx

Heacock before them, as well

BisonFan02
November 14th, 2015, 07:54 PM
They see Toledo, Kent, Akron, Ohio University, Miami of Ohio, bowling green, and even Cincinnati as lower level football. YSU and Dayton doesn't even register with these people. Not to mention Baldwin Wallace, mount union, Heidelberg, Wilberforce, Ashland etc..... Those schools aren't even known to most fans. We are a small minority and if our team keeps missing the playoffs they will stay home and watch the buckeyes.

Judging by today...they didn't wait that long.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
November 14th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Both fan bases got jobed as that was an incredibly poorly officiated game for the entire game. YSU outplayed NDSU for 3 quarters and then completely fell apart in the 4th. Could not hold onto the ball, could not punt, could not keep Bo's mouth shut. I was 100% on your side on that PI call at the end until the still shot of the jersey tug. 1. It was catchable, I mean he touched it for crying out loud. 2. That is PI, you cant pull jersey like that. It will be called. And finally Really impressed with the speed and talent of your skill position players on O and your linebackers/secondary on D. Should be very good next year as long as Bo stops sabotaging games at the end when all you need is a field goal. Unless he thinks 3rd and 25 is too easy? I mean they did convert???

Edit: and whats up with fans wearing Ohio state gear to the game?? Did you forget where you were? Come on man!

TennBison
November 14th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Its reality here--Ohio State and HS football are big in this area--just wanted you guys to realize that most down here don't follow FCS and many won't be jumping off our bridges(which are probably unsafe anyways)I'm one of the non-conformists that do follow YSU football--in spite of Bo I believe we will become a team to reckon with--this year we only lost to A.C.C. Pitt by one score--Perennial National Champs NDSU by 3 points and Runner-up Ill. State by 2 points.We did play terrible vs. those pesky Jacks which we usually do--just as NDSU did vs. the Yotes.Enjoy the win--we both know the game could've gone either way but in games like that champions usually find the way to win.With 10 D-1 teams in the state of Ohio its a lot different scenario than up in N.D.

Sure you have more teams, you also have more people. 10 D1 teams with a population of 11.6 million for Ohio= close to 1.1 million per DI team in Ohio. 2 DI teams in ND with a population of 800k = 400K people per DI school. If more people from your area are watching Ohio St then you just don't have a good product. Either way it is sad that local support is just not there.

SUPharmacist
November 14th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Beaten by Tennbison

With 10 D-1 teams in the state of Ohio its a lot different scenario than up in N.D.

North Dakota and Ohio are certainly different. However, when I hear the tally of programs in an area I would be remiss to not point out the population difference. Ohio is roughly ten times more populous, weird. The fact does remain that FCS is minor league to most. You can still gain publicity and be known, many know YSU through their titles and connection to Tressel (good and bad), additionally many know NDSU through their titles (although sadly, a lot more know then for the FBS upsets). Lets just all enjoy the programs that mean the most to us.

penguinpower
November 14th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Sure you have more teams, you also have more people. 10 D1 teams with a population of 11.6 million for Ohio= close to 1.1 million per DI team in Ohio. 2 DI teams in ND with a population of 800k = 400K people per DI school. If more people from your area are watching Ohio St then you just don't have a good product. Either way it is sad that local support is just not there.

People are raised to root for the buckeyes. That is how it is not the product on the field. Even when Tressel was coach (and he was a huge buckeyes fan and raised in Ohio) YSU usually scheduled their games around the start times of the buckeyes. Tressel would even say that you can win a championship at 3 schools in Ohio. Mount union, YSU, and Ohio State so now go home and watch the buckeyes.

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2015, 08:22 PM
tOSU is not just any D1 team, they are an FBS superpower. There is no competing with that. No MVFC school has a similar situation. No other MVFC schools have two FBS schools within 1 hour, and three within 2 hours. 15 years and one playoff season is going to result in what you see....empty stands with occasional Buckeyes jackets.

BisonFan02
November 14th, 2015, 08:28 PM
tOSU is not just any D1 team, they are an FBS superpower. There is no competing with that. No MVFC school has a similar situation. No other MVFC schools have two FBS schools within 1 hour, and three within 2 hours. 15 years and one playoff season is going to result in what you see....empty stands with occasional Buckeyes jackets.

What does YSU add to the MVFC right now? Sell your program to me. I'm genuinely curious.

Winindy
November 14th, 2015, 08:37 PM

Indiana state.

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2015, 08:39 PM
What does YSU add to the MVFC right now? Sell your program to me. I'm genuinely curious.

Don't need to sell you anything. The benefit of being in a power conference should be favor by the selection committee, which in most years doesn't occur. It's not a good fit for YSU, IMO. No regional rivals. Expensive long distance travel to remote locations. Other than being able to brag about being in the best conference, it offers nothing in its current form.

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Yeah...UNI isn't an hour twenty from Iowa's Kinnick Stadium and an hour and a half from Iowa State's Jack Trice Stadium....but what the **** do we know about sharing fans. We don't share a state of 3 million with 3 other D1 schools, with 1 in the B10 and one in the B12.

Don't have to go much further 2 hit more B10 schools - 3 hours to both Minnesota's TCF Bank and Wisconsin's Camp Randall. Another hour and you've got Northwestern. Not much further than that is Missouri, Illinois, Notre Dame, Kansas, Kansas State and Purdue.

A fan could leave Cedar Falls between 5-6 AM and get too an 11AM kick off at every single one of those schools.

That doesn't include all of the FCS, D2, D3, and G5 schools in that same 5.5 hour radius.

Boo-****ing-hoo. UNI didn't have a home game today, but many Saturdays (in a state of 3 million) UNI deals with Iowa drawing 70,585 into Kinnick Stadium, with another hundred or two thousands people in Iowa City strictly to tailgate and party. Iowa State draws 55k to their stadium with another 50-100k in Ames to tailgate and party.

If I had to guess Indiana State, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, and Western Illinois all deal with the same thing

There's a reason YSU and OSU wear the same colors. It's because YSU doesn't have actual fans. They have people that couldn't get tickets to the Buckeyes game so they meet in Youngstown to talk about the Buckeyes.

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Indiana state.

Purdue, and Indiana? Nothing remotely like tOSU.

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Yeah...UNI isn't an hour twenty from Iowa's Kinnick Stadium and an hour and a half from Iowa State's Jack Trice Stadium....but what the **** do we know about sharing fans. We don't share a state of 3 million with 3 other D1 schools, with 1 in the B10 and one in the B12.

Don't have to go much further 2 hit more B10 schools - 3 hours to both Minnesota's TCF Bank and Wisconsin's Camp Randall. Another hour and you've got Northwestern. Not much further than that is Missouri, Illinois, Notre Dame, Kansas, Kansas State and Purdue.

A fan could leave Cedar Falls between 5-6 AM and get too an 11AM kick off at every single one of those schools.

That doesn't include all of the FCS, D2, D3, and G5 schools in that same 5.5 hour radius.

Boo-****ing-hoo. UNI didn't have a home game today, but many Saturdays (in a state of 3 million) UNI deals with Iowa drawing 70,585 into Kinnick Stadium, with another hundred or two thousands people in Iowa City strictly to tailgate and party. Iowa State draws 55k to their stadium with another 50-100k in Ames to tailgate and party.

If I had to guess Indiana State, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, and Western Illinois all deal with the same thing

There's a reason YSU and OSU wear the same colors. It's because YSU doesn't have actual fans. They have people that couldn't get tickets to the Buckeyes game so they meet in Youngstown to talk about the Buckeyes.

Geez dude....take a deep breath. UNI would be the closet example, but not really. The Hawkeyes don't have the history of the Buckeyes.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 08:48 PM

Notre Dame....

BisonFan02
November 14th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Don't need to sell you anything. The benefit of being in a power conference should be favor by the selection committee, which in most years doesn't occur. It's not a good fit for YSU, IMO. No regional rivals. Expensive long distance travel to remote locations. Other than being able to brag about being in the best conference, it offers nothing in its current form.

"It" offers nothing or YSU offers nothing?

clenz
Geez dude....take a deep breath. UNI would be the closet example, but not really. The Hawkeyes don't have the history of the Buckeyes.
History or not - the Hawkeyes are a god damn cult in this state. 95% of people in this state will never go to Iowa City. 97% will never go to a Hawkeye game. 99.9% of those people will cheer, irrationally, for the Hawkeyes. Even if they don't give two ****s about sports 90% of their closet will be Hawkeye clothing.

There is a sporting goods store in Iowa City, and I used to work for that company. The college gear clothing department will do close to 200k over the Thursday-Sunday of a home game week in sales. That's just one store. That doesn't include the book store, the official hawk shop, or any other place that sells Hawk gear.

They might not put 100K in a stadium, but that's mostly due to Kinnick only being 70k. Most years they could fill a 90K stadium with ease.

Winindy

Don't forget the Juggernaut that is Illinois football less than 2 hours away.

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Notre Dame....
Changed the criteria.

It was just FBS schools...then it became schools with tradition and history, apparently.

I get that Ohio is a crazy Buckeye state. UNI still manages to draw a legit 14k average during the season. YSU inflates numbers like crazy. UNI, and even Iowa fans, know about football outside of the state of Iowa - especially a team like NDSU.

Outside of OSU who is YSU fighting with? Pitt? Please. Akron? Miami? Toledo?

Winindy
November 14th, 2015, 08:56 PM
12 million people in the state and you can't find 85 that can play football?

Bisonoline
November 14th, 2015, 08:57 PM
History or not - the Hawkeyes are a god damn cult in this state. 95% of people in this state will never go to Iowa City. 97% will never go to a Hawkeye game. 99.9% of those people will cheer, irrationally, for the Hawkeyes. Even if they don't give two ****s about sports 90% of their closet will be Hawkeye clothing.

There is a sporting goods store in Iowa City, and I used to work for that company. The college gear clothing department will do close to 200k over the Thursday-Sunday of a home game week in sales. That's just one store. That doesn't include the book store, the official hawk shop, or any other place that sells Hawk gear.

They might not put 100K in a stadium, but that's mostly due to Kinnick only being 70k. Most years they could fill a 90K stadium with ease.

Dont tell me you worked for Game Day Ron?

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Dont tell me you worked for Game Day Ron?
No. I didn't work in the Iowa City location - the Cedar Falls location. A store headquartered out of Fargo. I was wearing a shirt of theirs for the NDSU/Montana game last year.

Even the Cedar Falls store would sell double the Iowa clothing as UNI clothing when Iowa was having a decent year.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2015, 09:00 PM

You have never been to Iowa then? Ames has its shelter of fans and Hawkeyes control the state. Sure they might only have 1 title to OSUs 8 but they are identical in their stretch of territory control. You can from Keyoku all the way to Council Bluffs back to Dubuque and all around and they live and breathe Iowa football. UNI holds their own in their backyard and they are only 1 hour away from the "holy land" of Iowa. It's sad that you are 2.5hrs away and can't fill out the home side of the ice castle. Do not give me that, oh we are having a bad season so we can't get fans. True fans go to all the games win or lose, unless you are a maple leaf's fan, then I do not fault you for that, that is a different story/sport/issue all together.

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:00 PM
BF02 - to answer your rep comment question...

Yes. Oh holy hell yes. Long been a proponent of the first part. I'd be willing to do the second part at this point. It's not needed, I don't think, but I'd do it.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2015, 09:03 PM

You mean book and crook? I hate that place. I was visiting family and needed a textbook for a class at NDSU and what would normally cost 60 was over 100 there. Oh and is it the hawk shop out in coralville on the lower side? That is a unique place but they changed names what was it, 2 years ago?

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:05 PM
You have never been to Iowa then? Ames has its shelter of fans and Hawkeyes control the state. Sure they might only have 1 title to OSUs 8 but they are identical in their stretch of territory control. You can from Keyoku all the way to Council Bluffs back to Dubuque and all around and they live and breathe Iowa football. UNI holds their own in their backyard and they are only 1 hour away from the "holy land" of Iowa. It's sad that you are 2.5hrs away and can't fill out the home side of the ice castle. Do not give me that, oh we are having a bad season so we can't get fans. True fans go to all the games win or lose, unless you are a maple leaf's fan, then I do not fault you for that, that is a different story/sport/issue all together.People don't think about Iowa like this, but it's amazingly true.

Iowa football controls the state. There are no pro teams in the state of Iowa so it's Iowa football and then about 20 steps to Iowa wrestling then about 5 steps to Iowa basketball then everything else and none of it matters.

It's all about trying to build a following and not just going "Well, there's a big dog in this state so why try?". UNI used to do that and it sucked. The last decade or so UNI has turned to a "F you, Iowa. We have fans too and we are going to try to build our base even bigger" and it's working. Iowa is #5 in the country right now, meanwhile UNI is 6-4 and UNI is still averaging 14K for a home game.

Our coaches, and administration, legitimately "hate" Iowa. It's showing with the effort we are putting in. It's why our basketball team beats both. It's why our football team is within a score of each of them.

Like I said. There's a reason YSU wears red, black and silver

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:08 PM
You mean book and crook? I hate that place. I was visiting family and needed a textbook for a class at NDSU and what would normally cost 60 was over 100 there. Oh and is it the hawk shop out in coralville on the lower side? That is a unique place but they changed names what was it, 2 years ago?
All book stores are stupid crazy on prices. Book and Crook in Cedar Falls is the same. I've only been in the Hawk Shop once, and that was to get my F-I-L a gift. He's one of the never went to Iowa, only been to a handful of Iowa games in his 60ish years on this earth but a massive Hawk fan.

My wife and I have done very, very, well turning him to UNI. He's now on year 6 of UNI season tickets, has more UNI gear than Hawkeye gear, and follows UNI basketball more than Iowa.

It was Scheels that I worked at - only in Cedar Falls. I'd go to company meetings and we'd see the numbers they'd do out of college on a home game weekend and it was stupid crazy.

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Notre Dame....

Prolly the closest thing to tOSU...but still no...last title in the 1980s....tOSU's had two since 2000....

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Prolly the closest thing to tOSU...but still no...last title in the 1980s....tOSU's had two since 2000....
Notre Dames fan base still dwarfs OSU's

We aren't comparing titles here. You moving the target so that you can make a point, that you're wrong about.

Daved
November 14th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Sure you have more teams, you also have more people. 10 D1 teams with a population of 11.6 million for Ohio= close to 1.1 million per DI team in Ohio. 2 DI teams in ND with a population of 800k = 400K people per DI school. If more people from your area are watching Ohio St then you just don't have a good product. Either way it is sad that local support is just not there.That's not the point I'm trying to make--there are only 2 D-1 teams in the entire state of ND--its a big deal up there whether they have a population of a thousand or 10 million.If YSU had a good product most area people would still watch OSU even when they have a bad product--its FBS football and its one of the largest universities in the nation--many locals are even alumni.NDSU football should be big up there it should be a large focus--how many professional baseball, football, or basketball teams do they have there?OSU generally play a weak schedule but they will always be THE team regardless of the product whether its fair or not.As far as us being a bad product--we lost to the National Champs by 3 points and National Runner-Ups by 2 points--both games going to the wire.(Even with our bogus "smoke and mirrors" defense.)

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2015, 09:21 PM
All book stores are stupid crazy on prices. Book and Crook in Cedar Falls is the same. I've only been in the Hawk Shop once, and that was to get my F-I-L a gift. He's one of the never went to Iowa, only been to a handful of Iowa games in his 60ish years on this earth but a massive Hawk fan.

My wife and I have done very, very, well turning him to UNI. He's now on year 6 of UNI season tickets, has more UNI gear than Hawkeye gear, and follows UNI basketball more than Iowa.

It was Scheels that I worked at - only in Cedar Falls. I'd go to company meetings and we'd see the numbers they'd do out of college on a home game weekend and it was stupid crazy.

I will say this though. Until you have seen a game at Kinnick/tailgated there, you havent lived. Dad took me a couple years ago and there was nothing like it. My liver didn't function for a few days.

Don't get me started on Iowa wrestling. You could make the arguement that that is bigger in terms of intensity. Telling them ISU(p5), Minnesota, or Ok St is better is asking for a death sentence. They had something like 25 out of 27 B1G titles from the late 1900s.

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2015, 09:23 PM
In 2014, tOSU with highest attendance in college football. Notre Dame at #17...with >20K less fans/game.....Iowa at 22.....

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2014.pdf

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Iowa drew damn near 40k to a wrestling meet today, in Kinnick Stadium.

Iowa wrestling would average 25-30k for home meets with an arena big enough for it

- - - Updated - - -

In 2014, tOSU with highest attendance in college football. Notre Dame at #17...with >20K less fans/game.....Iowa at 22.....

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2014.pdf
Iowa was also terrible last season and were calling for their coaches head - and have a limit of 70k for the stadium.

Give Iowa, or ND, a 100k seat stadium and they fill it

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I will say this though. Until you have seen a game at Kinnick/tailgated there, you havent lived. Dad took me a couple years ago and there was nothing like it. My liver didn't function for a few days.

Don't get me started on Iowa wrestling. You could make the arguement that that is bigger in terms of intensity. Telling them ISU(p5), Minnesota, or Ok St is better is asking for a death sentence. They had something like 25 out of 27 B1G titles from the late 1900s.

Iowa wrestling is king. The only school that could say they are a better wrestling program is OK State with 34 national titles compared to 23 for Iowa.

Daved
November 14th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Notre Dames fan base still dwarfs OSU's

We aren't comparing titles here. You moving the target so that you can make a point, that you're wrong about.
Notre Dame's fan base is more likely more widespread---there are thousands of fans in our area.Can you find me proof that it dwarf's OSU's---so far the internet sites I've looked at have Alabama,LSU,Auburn,Michigan,and Ohio State as larger fan bases than ND--if you google top 25 largest fan bases you will find ND listed as #10---I can't say thats a fact but your statement of them having a fan base that dwarfs OSU is false.

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Iowa wrestling is king. The only school that could say they are a better wrestling program is OK State with 34 national titles compared to 23 for Iowa.
Iowa fans would knock you the hell out for even typing that.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Iowa drew damn near 40k to a wrestling meet today, in Kinnick Stadium.

Iowa wrestling would average 25-30k for home meets with an arena big enough for it

- - - Updated - - -

Iowa was also terrible last season and were calling for their coaches head - and have a limit of 70k for the stadium.

Give Iowa, or ND, a 100k seat stadium and they fill it

I always thought Carver was too small. Built into the ground up on the hill near the law school. Then again, its quite big when you walk in and look down into the bowl.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Iowa fans would knock you the hell out for even typing that.

I'm sure I would have a hard time leaving after saying that but OSU is a powerhouse just as much as the Hawkeyes are in wrestling.

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Notre Dame's fan base is more likely more widespread---there are thousands of fans in our area.Can you find me proof that it dwarf's OSU's---so far the internet sites I've looked at have Alabama,LSU,Auburn,Michigan,and Ohio State as larger fan bases than ND--if you google top 25 largest fan bases you will find ND listed as #10---I can't say thats a fact but your statement of them having a fan base that dwarfs OSU is false.
Is this your list?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/top-25-college-football-fan-bases/

That's not about size, fwiw

FWIW, here is Forbe's most valuable programs

1. Texas
2. Notre Dame
3. Penn State
4. LSU
5. Michigan
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Arkansas
9. Auburn
10. Oklahoma
11. Florida
12. Tennessee
13. Ohio State (20 million shy of even Michigan)
14. Nebraska (less than 1 million shy of OSU)
15. Wisconsin
16. South Carolina
17. TAMU
18. South Carolina State
19. Michigan State
20. Iowa (about as close to Ohio State as Ohio State is to Michigan)

four compoenents for finding value were football profit used for academic purposes, including scholarships, net profit generated by the team that is kept by the athletic department, distribution of bowl game payouts and esitmated spending by visotors on home game days

clenz
November 14th, 2015, 09:45 PM
I always thought Carver was too small. Built into the ground up on the hill near the law school. Then again, its quite big when you walk in and look down into the bowl.
It seats 15,500. That's fine for basketball.
For Iowa wrestling they could easily sell out a 25k seat arena for every single home match. I wouldn't be shocked if they could do 30-35k for every single meet.

TheKingpin28
November 14th, 2015, 09:59 PM
I'm surprised they never built one for them. There is a lot of unused land over on the other side of the golf course over by the field hockey and Iowa Hawkeye HOF. They could even build it on the other side of the holiday up on the hill but that would be a drive from campus. Would make for an interesting drive on Hayden Fry way though.

Daved
November 14th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Is this your list?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/top-25-college-football-fan-bases/

That's not about size, fwiw

FWIW, here is Forbe's most valuable programs

1. Texas
2. Notre Dame
3. Penn State
4. LSU
5. Michigan
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Arkansas
9. Auburn
10. Oklahoma
11. Florida
12. Tennessee
13. Ohio State (20 million shy of even Michigan)
14. Nebraska (less than 1 million shy of OSU)
15. Wisconsin
16. South Carolina
17. TAMU
18. South Carolina State
19. Michigan State
20. Iowa (about as close to Ohio State as Ohio State is to Michigan)

four compoenents for finding value were football profit used for academic purposes, including scholarships, net profit generated by the team that is kept by the athletic department, distribution of bowl game payouts and esitmated spending by visotors on home game daysWe arent talking about most valuable programs we are talking about the largest fan base and you claim that ND's dwarfs OSU's---find ANY list on the internet comparing the largest college fan bases and I doubt that any will show ND with a larger fan base than OSU---more valuable you may be correct but definitely not dwarfing in size.(You are moving the target to make a point that you are wrong about.)

Penguin Nation
November 14th, 2015, 10:28 PM
We arent talking about most valuable programs we are talking about the largest fan base and you claim that ND's dwarfs OSU's---find ANY list on the internet comparing the largest college fan bases and I doubt that any will show ND with a larger fan base than OSU---more valuable you may be correct but definitely not dwarfing in size.(You are moving the target to make a point that you are wrong about.)

His own link has tOSU listed as the third largest fan base. tOSU is #1 in attendance, and defending National Champs.

I'm not claiming YSU has the best fans, or deserves anything...I'm just saying it has challenges and competition unmatched by other MVFC schools.

If someone wants to somehow believe that their team has greater competition despite their regional FBS team having a lower attendance and a lower ranking and less recent National Championships....then go for it.....whatever gets you through the day.

ming01
November 14th, 2015, 11:38 PM
YSU headed to the NIT. Wait, what?

Thundar
November 15th, 2015, 12:06 AM

the crying is coming from you

TennBison
November 15th, 2015, 04:23 AM
That's not the point I'm trying to make--there are only 2 D-1 teams in the entire state of ND--its a big deal up there whether they have a population of a thousand or 10 million.If YSU had a good product most area people would still watch OSU even when they have a bad product--its FBS football and its one of the largest universities in the nation--many locals are even alumni.NDSU football should be big up there it should be a large focus--how many professional baseball, football, or basketball teams do they have there?OSU generally play a weak schedule but they will always be THE team regardless of the product whether its fair or not.As far as us being a bad product--we lost to the National Champs by 3 points and National Runner-Ups by 2 points--both games going to the wire.(Even with our bogus "smoke and mirrors" defense.)

No one else is at fault that your school can't keep its alumni or local population interested in a local product. Can't seem to keep former players interested in your team either the way you make it sound. If so that is a problem with the culture of your school, not the problem with the mindset of the rest of the state.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 04:48 AM
No one else is at fault that your school can't keep its alumni or local population interested in a local product. Can't seem to keep former players interested in your team either the way you make it sound. If so that is a problem with the culture of your school, not the problem with the mindset of the rest of the state.

Good point!

Put a successful product on the field and the fans will be there.

Daved
November 15th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Put a successful product on the field and the fans will be there.[/QUOTE True that they will eventually--unfortunately most fans of most successful teams are of the bandwagon variety.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 06:32 AM
Put a successful product on the field and the fans will be there.[/QUOTE True that they will eventually--unfortunately most fans of most successful teams are of the bandwagon variety.

What was the attendance when YSU had their NC run in the mid 90s?

Yes, Ohio State and the pro teams are the biggest attraction but there is no reason why YSU could not have a loyal following, and they probably do now, and sell out Stambaugh consistently.

Winning is he cure for a lot of "ills".

Daved
November 15th, 2015, 06:40 AM
No one else is at fault that your school can't keep its alumni or local population interested in a local product. Can't seem to keep former players interested in your team either the way you make it sound. If so that is a problem with the culture of your school, not the problem with the mindset of the rest of the state.I still don't think you get the point--ND is a totally different scenario and FCS football will never be bigtime here even with a successful program.Many years ago they used to get 25-30k for a high school rivalry(in a stadium that only held 16-17k)YSU could win every game for the next 5 years and never get close to that--its not the product.OSU and high school fb will always be king here no matter what.You live in Tenn--no matter how great some Hawaiian musical groups are they will never sell big in Tenn.North Dakota has the Bison and UND to follow in sports--not much else around to focus on--in NE Ohio fans have the Bills,Browns,Bengals,Steelers--Cavs in bkb--Reds and Indians in bb,OSU,Pitt,Cinci and many other D-1 teams that have a lot of alumni in this area--in short trying to sell a good FCS team here is about as fruitless as trying to sell a good snow blower in Miami--its never gonna happen.

Daved
November 15th, 2015, 06:58 AM
That is fine. You do know however that the ref had two calls he could make on that play. So even if the PI was uncatchable, he still could just as well call holding for pulling the jersey, both penalties have the same outcome. Face it, the YSU team as a whole blew the game. The offense could not stay on the field (three 3 and outs in the fourth quarter), your punter blew two punts in a row, and your coach can't keep his cool even when he is wrong. And your team lost the game in the second half.Hopefully someone will post this play--I've seen the replay numerous times and can't see any holding or PI --I will gladly admit it if the replay you have shows this--either way you can't leave the outcome in the hands of the officials--although it should have been reviewed like at Ill.State where the officials rightly so reversed the call.Face it--YSU did blow the game but you know that they went toe to toe with the 4 time defending Nat'l Champs who came in here after beating WIU by 52 points--Son you won by 3 points regardless of the bogus call--game definitely wasn't the massacre you envisioned--congrats to the Bison they are true champions and congrats to YSU who in spite of some costly errors in the 4th quarter gave the Bison one helluva fight.

Daved
November 15th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Yeah--just saw the replay again--receiver truly was pushed,held,tied up and the pass was right in his hands--sorry for my error!

TennBison
November 15th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I still don't think you get the point--ND is a totally different scenario and FCS football will never be bigtime here even with a successful program.Many years ago they used to get 25-30k for a high school rivalry(in a stadium that only held 16-17k)YSU could win every game for the next 5 years and never get close to that--its not the product.OSU and high school fb will always be king here no matter what.You live in Tenn--no matter how great some Hawaiian musical groups are they will never sell big in Tenn.North Dakota has the Bison and UND to follow in sports--not much else around to focus on--in NE Ohio fans have the Bills,Browns,Bengals,Steelers--Cavs in bkb--Reds and Indians in bb,OSU,Pitt,Cinci and many other D-1 teams that have a lot of alumni in this area--in short trying to sell a good FCS team here is about as fruitless as trying to sell a good snow blower in Miami--its never gonna happen.
How about this, I do get the point but just don't buy the crap you trying to pedal. Looking at attendance records of teams like App St and Georgia Southern, they had no problem drawing pretty big crowds despite the fact that they had plenty of big time college and pro teams in the area. NDSU has worked hard to make the games at the Fargodome an event. We have people who come from all over the MN SD ND area and many of those travel 200+ miles. How many Bison fans travel from Minneapolis/St.Paul saying screw the Vikings on Sunday or Gophers to make the effort to be in Fargo. You make it seem as if out of a population of close to 12 million....11 million of them are OSU fans who would not piss on any other team. Not the case, don't blame any other team for the downfall of your program or lack of interest no matter what team you are. You and some others act as if schools like NDSU or the Montanas just happen to have a refugee camp of 100k starving football fans who have no life and just camp outside the stadium waiting for a game. A vast majority of fans from schools like us make a dedicated effort and time and money because the schools made an atmosphere through time and effort that rewards them for it.

BisonBacker
November 15th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I think Bo Pelini as far as a football coach is a hell of a coach. His people skills and personality on the other hand is a whole different story. What I find interesting is his reaction is very similar to us as fans. I look at the comments of fans here and in this case some YSU fans today and they reflect the same attitude as Pelini's. We are all guilty of it at one time or another the big difference is other than a message board or in front of personal friends ours isn't on display for the world to see. His is and because of that he needs to learn like most other coaches that he has to temper that. He can feel whatever he wants and voice it in the locker room or training room or practice but to do it on the field and hurt your team and to put it on full display for the public to see isn't very wise. I applaud his passion, his on field antics or press conference antics not so much so.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 07:44 AM
How about this, I do get the point but just don't buy the crap you trying to pedal. Looking at attendance records of teams like App St and Georgia Southern, they had no problem drawing pretty big crowds despite the fact that they had plenty of big time college and pro teams in the area. NDSU has worked hard to make the games at the Fargodome an event. We have people who come from all over the MN SD ND area and many of those travel 200+ miles. How many Bison fans travel from Minneapolis/St.Paul saying screw the Vikings on Sunday or Gophers to make the effort to be in Fargo. You make it seem as if out of a population of close to 12 million....11 million of them are OSU fans who would not piss on any other team. Not the case, don't blame any other team for the downfall of your program or lack of interest no matter what team you are. You and some others act as if schools like NDSU or the Montanas just happen to have a refugee camp of 100k starving football fans who have no life and just camp outside the stadium waiting for a game. A vast majority of fans from schools like us make a dedicated effort and time and money because the schools made an atmosphere through time and effort that rewards them for it.

Good post!

I'm not buying the "Ohio State" is everything angle. My dad grew up right in the shadow of Columbus and is an avid Bison fan now.

YSU puts a consistently good team on the field, there is no reason they should not be able to fill that stadium. Looked like a sad crowd from what I saw on TV.

BisonBacker
November 15th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Easton Stick needs to learn to go through his reads faster or do it at all. Maybe it's just me but he seems to go into the play called and has in mind one guy he's going to throw to regardless of if the guys covered or not. Many times yesterday he threw to guys who were completely covered. Most of the time ending up with an incomplete pass. Something he's going to have to work on.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Easton Stick needs to learn to go through his reads faster or do it at all. Maybe it's just me but he seems to go into the play called and has in mind one guy he's going to throw to regardless of if the guys covered or not. Many times yesterday he threw to guys who were completely covered. Most of the time ending up with an incomplete pass. Something he's going to have to work on.

He's a RFR so I'll give him a pass this year. Although it seems like he is looking for RJ all the time. A lot of "upside" to ES....xthumbsupx

TennBison
November 15th, 2015, 08:07 AM
He's a RFR so I'll give him a pass this year. Although it seems like he is looking for RJ all the time. A lot of "upside" to ES....xthumbsupx

He seems to still have that deer in the headlights effect. Like you said, I give him a pass on it for now. YSU played him just right, they had a good game plan for him at this stage in his career. He needs to get better at looking for the open receiver as he never seems to get past the second option and then he takes off, that will take him some time.

Daved
November 15th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Good point!

Put a successful product on the field and the fans will be there.There also had to be a demand for the successful product---Mount Union is 20 miles from Youngstown and have won over 100 straight regular season home games--guess they should have the most fans in the state of Ohio--huh?

SoupCity85
November 15th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Good post!

I'm not buying the "Ohio State" is everything angle. My dad grew up right in the shadow of Columbus and is an avid Bison fan now.

YSU puts a consistently good team on the field, there is no reason they should not be able to fill that stadium. Looked like a sad crowd from what I saw on TV.

I see your point, but come live in Ohio for the majority of your life. It is Ohio State first, then every other football team (to include the Cleveland Browns). Your dad (I would assume) is in the minority.

And I'm surely not going to make excuses for our fan base. If you look back in time to the Tressel years, attendance was better than now (but the 90s were a pretty good decade for YSU), but OSU still controlled Youngstown. It wasn't abnormal for YSU to schedule games around OSUs schedule to better fill our stadium. In all honesty, YSU won't be able to attract any new fans till the football team starts to make playoff runs like the NDSUs of the world (and not necessarily the NC runs). That's how it is in Youngstown, it has become very hard to convince people to show up for games when the end result is a game like yesterday.

As for the "YSU puts a consistently good team on the field" comment. Not sure I'm ready to agree with that comment. The previous regime was notorious for October and/or November meltdowns of 3 games. This season was no different. At the end of the day....there are games that you HAVE to win before you get to the games that you NEED to win. YSU has failed for 6 straight years in winning the games they HAVE to win and then in turn the games that are NEEDED to win tend to be against the NDSUs, ISU(r)s, SDSUs or the UNIs (who absolutely own YSU).

It was pretty sad to see how few fans were in the stadium yesterday. But this program has been its own worst enemy of late and hopefully it will change before it becomes totally irrelevant.

IBleedYellow
November 15th, 2015, 08:48 AM
YSU fans... How many times are you going to move the target once someone crushes your previous talking point?

I count 5 or more right now.

Daved
November 15th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Good post!

YSU puts a consistently good team on the field, there is no reason they should not be able to fill that stadium. Looked like a sad crowd from what I saw on TV.The population of Youngstown is less than half of what it was during the Tressel era.Many of my relatives as well as many people in this area are alumni of OSU--I'm sure they want YSU to do well but like I've stated before FCS fb will never be a top draw in this area no matter what the product--I wish it wasn't the case but it will always be that way.More rural states like Montana and the Dakotas are places where FCS fb will be appreciated.We have a minor league baseball team here but the area fans will mainly follow a Major League team like the Indians--who rarely field a good product because they are a Major and genera,Akron.Pittthe minor leagues of FBS.There are so many colleges within 100 miles of Ytown that a lot of students go elsewhere for their college education--some to get away from home and some to get what they consider a better education --so you have them cheering for Kent State,Mt.Union,Edinboro,Slippery Rock,Pitt,Gannon,Akron,Mercyhurst,Bowling Green,Robert Morris,Findlay,Ashland,Central State,Walsh,Malone,Tiffin,Duquesne,Indiana Pa.,Ohio State and probably a dozen others--bottom line its nothing like the scenario in ND.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I see your point, but come live in Ohio for the majority of your life. It is Ohio State first, then every other football team (to include the Cleveland Browns). Your dad (I would assume) is in the minority.

And I'm surely not going to make excuses for our fan base. If you look back in time to the Tressel years, attendance was better than now (but the 90s were a pretty good decade for YSU), but OSU still controlled Youngstown. It wasn't abnormal for YSU to schedule games around OSUs schedule to better fill our stadium. In all honesty, YSU won't be able to attract any new fans till the football team starts to make playoff runs like the NDSUs of the world (and not necessarily the NC runs). That's how it is in Youngstown, it has become very hard to convince people to show up for games when the end result is a game like yesterday.

As for the "YSU puts a consistently good team on the field" comment. Not sure I'm ready to agree with that comment. The previous regime was notorious for October and/or November meltdowns of 3 games. This season was no different. At the end of the day....there are games that you HAVE to win before you get to the games that you NEED to win. YSU has failed for 6 straight years in winning the games they HAVE to win and then in turn the games that are NEEDED to win tend to be against the NDSUs, ISU(r)s, SDSUs or the UNIs (who absolutely own YSU).

It was pretty sad to see how few fans were in the stadium yesterday. But this program has been its own worst enemy of late and hopefully it will change before it becomes totally irrelevant.

Didn't you just prove my point?

If YSU wins those games and doesn't have the usual 3 games losing streaks and produces deep playoff runs, IMO, Stambaugh would be packed. There are more than enough people in the YSU area to support their "OSU" team and maybe say...."hey, lets go to a 'guins game today instead of trying to find tickets in the nose bleed at OSU"....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 15th, 2015, 09:00 AM
The population of Youngstown is less than half of what it was during the Tressel era.Many of my relatives as well as many people in this area are alumni of OSU--I'm sure they want YSU to do well but like I've stated before FCS fb will never be a top draw in this area no matter what the product--I wish it wasn't the case but it will always be that way.More rural states like Montana and the Dakotas are places where FCS fb will be appreciated.We have a minor league baseball team here but the area fans will mainly follow a Major League team like the Indians--who rarely field a good product because they are a Major and genera,Akron.Pittthe minor leagues of FBS.There are so many colleges within 100 miles of Ytown that a lot of students go elsewhere for their college education--some to get away from home and some to get what they consider a better education --so you have them cheering for Kent State,Mt.Union,Edinboro,Slippery Rock,Pitt,Gannon,Akron,Mercyhurst,Bowling Green,Robert Morris,Findlay,Ashland,Central State,Walsh,Malone,Tiffin,Duquesne,Indiana Pa.,Ohio State and probably a dozen others--bottom line its nothing like the scenario in ND.

You make a good point but I'll just have to say agree to disagree.

YSU can have an awesome following and fill Stambaugh with consistent winning. Wins those games against UNI, SDSU and NDSU. Make multiple deep playoff runs and win a Natty....people would go. People in the smaller towns around YSU would say....."hey, lets go check out the Penguins this Saturday, they are kicking butt lately"....but that is just my opinion.

SoupCity85
November 15th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Didn't you just prove my point?

If YSU wins those games and doesn't have the usual 3 games losing streaks and produces deep playoff runs, IMO, Stambaugh would be packed. There are more than enough people in the YSU area to support their "OSU" team and maybe say...."hey, lets go to a 'guins game today instead of trying to find tickets in the nose bleed at OSU"....

I don't think so? I'll agree to disagree with you on that one. Good teams (like NDSU yesterday) win games that they shouldn't. "Consistently" good teams make deep runs in the playoffs and maybe win 1 or 4....in a row. YSU yesterday was no different than any other team in the last 6 years. They had a team on the ropes and quit punching. I don't really care how much of a fan base a team has, put your fans through 6 years like YSU and you're going to lose fans. What you are seeing at YSU right now are probably the last of the "truest" YSU fans.

TennBison
November 15th, 2015, 09:27 AM
The population of Youngstown is less than half of what it was during the Tressel era.Many of my relatives as well as many people in this area are alumni of OSU--I'm sure they want YSU to do well but like I've stated before FCS fb will never be a top draw in this area no matter what the product--I wish it wasn't the case but it will always be that way.More rural states like Montana and the Dakotas are places where FCS fb will be appreciated.We have a minor league baseball team here but the area fans will mainly follow a Major League team like the Indians--who rarely field a good product because they are a Major and genera,Akron.Pittthe minor leagues of FBS.There are so many colleges within 100 miles of Ytown that a lot of students go elsewhere for their college education--some to get away from home and some to get what they consider a better education --so you have them cheering for Kent State,Mt.Union,Edinboro,Slippery Rock,Pitt,Gannon,Akron,Mercyhurst,Bowling Green,Robert Morris,Findlay,Ashland,Central State,Walsh,Malone,Tiffin,Duquesne,Indiana Pa.,Ohio State and probably a dozen others--bottom line its nothing like the scenario in ND.
You can't try to make a point that the bigger schools in your area steal your thunder, and then throw out a bunch of names of schools that are lower divisions than YSU as crowd suckers on your program. At least be more consistent with your argument. I will give you that OSU is the biggest college football team and maybe Cinncinati is a draw, but all these others "Kent State,Mt.Union,Edinboro,Slippery Rock,Pitt,Gannon,Akron,Mercyhurst,Bowling Green,Robert Morris,Findlay,Ashland,Central State,Walsh,Malone,Tiffin,Duquesne,Indiana Pa.,Ohio State and probably a dozen others ". By your logic you should be taking fans from those schools since they are below you.

penguinpower
November 15th, 2015, 09:51 AM
And take into consideration an 8 win YSU team was passed up for Sam Houston state 2 years ago. We just don't get the breaks that other teams get.

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2015, 12:12 PM
And take into consideration an 8 win YSU team was passed up for Sam Houston state 2 years ago. We just don't get the breaks that other teams get.

Didn't you have your usual November collapse where you lost 3 in a row? You and I both know the committee does not like losing streaks to end the season especially lengthier ones.

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Lost 3 in a row to end the season - including a game to UNI who finished 3-5 in conference that season. Not just lost, got blown the hell out by SDSU and NDSU - like combine what YSU scored in both games and they still lose either one. Outscored 30-77

You're OOC games that year?

Dayton, Morehead State and Duquense

The committee looks and trends and YSU was trending very, very, badly late in the year and had zero quality wins OOC.

Maybe someday YSU will get smart and play someone OOC. Maybe that will prepare them to finish better than .500 or cause enough seasoning to not collapse late in the year.

I lost the numbers, but I'm pretty sure YSU is now something like 17-40 since 2010 in Oct/Nov

penguinpower
November 15th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Wins and losses is all that should matter along with conference strength. Period. What id those games weren't back to back to back

clenz
November 15th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Wins and losses is all that should matter along with conference strength. Period. What id those games weren't back to back to back
Then you wouldn't have been trending backwards, would you?

Penguin Nation
November 15th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Then you wouldn't have been trending backwards, would you?

Except its not trending backwards. YSU didn't get worse. It was a scheduling anomoly outside of YSU's control.

How many at-large teams in 2013 would've beat UNI, SDSU and NDSU?

I suspect zero since NDSU went undefeated.

mmiller_34
November 15th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I just watched the Youngstown State-NDSU game on replay. Bo Pelini was going nuts. The ESPN 3 announcers were saying that they wouldn't be surprised if the MVFC fined him. Wow.

The pass interference was questionable BUT Youngstown State had 40 seconds to get into field goal range with 2 timeouts remaining. Not an impossible task. Pelini and his tantrum squandered any possibility of that happening.

BisonFan02
November 15th, 2015, 04:57 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduG8FTP9Hj5ggcE/giphy.gif

Bison56
November 15th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I do believe the flag came from the official behind the play so he would have had a good view of the jersey pull.

FUGameBreaker
November 15th, 2015, 05:16 PM
The defender tipped the ball that's a no call easy, such a BS flag, totally rigged

Bison56
November 15th, 2015, 05:20 PM
The defender tipped the ball that's a no call easy, such a BS flag, totally rigged

He pulled the jersey before the tip. I win.

TheKingpin28
November 15th, 2015, 05:32 PM

Keep drinking the haterade...

Also, clearly grabbed jersey before the tip. If not PI, for sure Holding.

CommishBigSmooth
November 15th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Except its not trending backwards. YSU didn't get worse. It was a scheduling anomoly outside of YSU's control.

How many at-large teams in 2013 would've beat UNI, SDSU and NDSU?

I suspect zero since NDSU went undefeated.

Let's eliminate again the usual schedule whining from YSU. We do this every year. In fact, a majority of this information I posted almost a year ago.

In 2014, a 7-5 YSU lost (after a 4-1 start) at home to what turned out to be a 5-7 Western Illinois team in October. Despite losing their last three games to ranked opponents, they likely would have made the playoffs since the other loss was to FBS Illinois.

In 2013 they had NDSU and SDSU at home to end the season and lost both games by double digit margins. Didn't get in with four losses (other two to UNI and Michigan State) because their OOC competition was a joke outside of the FBS opponent. (Dayton, Duquesne, Morehead State)

In 2012 they went 0-for-October to eliminate themselves before Halloween even rolled around, including getting waxed 48-7 by the Bison.

And in '11 they beat NDSU at home but choked away a 10-point lead with less than 10 minutes left in the finale against a bad Missouri State team (who only won one other game that year) to wind up 6-5.

So you're right, the trend isn't backwards. It's running in place. The treadmill is a better analogy. And that's almost worse.

Penguin Nation
November 15th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Let's eliminate again the usual schedule whining from YSU. We do this every year. In fact, a majority of this information I posted almost a year ago.

In 2014, a 7-5 YSU lost (after a 4-1 start) at home to what turned out to be a 5-7 Western Illinois team in October. Despite losing their last three games to ranked opponents, they likely would have made the playoffs since the other loss was to FBS Illinois.

In 2013 they had NDSU and SDSU at home to end the season and lost both games by double digit margins. Didn't get in with four losses (other two to UNI and Michigan State) because their OOC competition was a joke outside of the FBS opponent. (Dayton, Duquesne, Morehead State)

In 2012 they went 0-for-October to eliminate themselves before Halloween even rolled around, including getting waxed 48-7 by the Bison.

And in '11 they beat NDSU at home but choked away a 10-point lead with less than 10 minutes left in the finale against a bad Missouri State team (who only won one other game that year) to wind up 6-5.

So you're right, the trend isn't backwards. It's running in place. The treadmill is a better analogy. And that's almost worse.

I was referring specifically to the 2013 season. If you look I even included the year. Looks like you wasted a lot of time there.

CommishBigSmooth
November 15th, 2015, 06:17 PM
I was referring specifically to the 2013 season. If you look I even included the year. Looks like you wasted a lot of time there.

Not really. Again, it was cut and paste from last year. Like most of YSU's past five seasons. Lather, rinse, repeat.

penguinpower
November 16th, 2015, 12:27 AM
The playoffs do not get the top teams. It is a rigged mess. Now that it is at 24 teams it is diluted garbage. No NEC team will make it out of the first round. They should pick the teams that can make a legitimate run at the title. Regardless of the losses during those seasons, worse teams have made it into the playoffs and Youngstown's playoff record is outstanding historically. As I have said before, the data says YSU will not get in unless they get the auto bid. They were also left out in 2007 with a 7 or 8 win season and 2005 as well. In 2006 they won the conference and lost to Appalachian State in the semifinals.

crossfire07
November 16th, 2015, 04:07 AM
That's what the season is for, your team to make a case that you have a legitimate shot at the title. Showing up with 5 losses thinking you can be the champ isn't gonna cut it.

Bisonator
November 16th, 2015, 06:55 AM
The playoffs do not get the top teams. It is a rigged mess. Now that it is at 24 teams it is diluted garbage. No NEC team will make it out of the first round. They should pick the teams that can make a legitimate run at the title. Regardless of the losses during those seasons, worse teams have made it into the playoffs and Youngstown's playoff record is outstanding historically. As I have said before, the data says YSU will not get in unless they get the auto bid. They were also left out in 2007 with a 7 or 8 win season and 2005 as well. In 2006 they won the conference and lost to Appalachian State in the semifinals.
Stop whining and start winning!

penguinpower
November 16th, 2015, 07:29 AM
No whining. Just keeping perspective. NDSU would not want to rematch YSU this year

Gil Dobie
November 16th, 2015, 07:44 AM
No whining. Just keeping perspective. NDSU would not want to rematch YSU this year

A rematch would be great!

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 16th, 2015, 07:45 AM
LOLxlmaox

Bisonator
November 16th, 2015, 07:49 AM
A rematch would be great!

Yeah another chance to watch the veins pop on Bo's forehead! xlolx

Thundar
November 16th, 2015, 08:48 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21784&stc=1

FUGameBreaker
November 16th, 2015, 08:52 AM
LOLZZZ there is no justification for cheating NDSU, just own up to it!

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2015, 08:52 AM
So I wonder if Bo and Carl have reached out to the officiating crew to apologize for acting like petulant children when they obviously made the right call. It would be the classy thing to do but Bo doesn't strike me as a classy guy.

penguinpower
November 16th, 2015, 08:55 AM
That was a ticky-tak call. There was far more contact and holding on both sides during the entire game. Is that pass interference or holding? I don't know but one is 15 and the other is 10 yards on penalty. Most of the time that is not called.

Bison56
November 16th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Tricky Tak call? Watch the replay the jersey pull holds the receiver down. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match because I thought it was bad but after watching it a few times I have to say the refs made the correct call.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2015, 08:59 AM
That was a ticky-tak call. There was far more contact and holding on both sides during the entire game. Is that pass interference or holding? I don't know but one is 15 and the other is 10 yards on penalty. Most of the time that is not called.
You cannot be serious. The referee who threw the flag was behind the receiver so he could see the jersey tugged so much you couldn't even make out the number on it anymore. That will be called Every. Damn. Time.

If the ball is in the air it's not holding, it's PI. Regardless it would've been an automatic 1st down.

Thundar
November 16th, 2015, 09:01 AM

BS, that right in plain view of a ref is called all the time, lock thread your own dip...t coach and his brother, your punter and offense failed your team...not a ref

cj smith did nothing to warrant a personal foul in the first either...nothing

Missingnumber7
November 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM

The ball would've been at the 9 instead of the 6, but using a player for leverage to get to the ball would negate any tip that occurred.

deez_na
November 16th, 2015, 09:18 AM
LOLZZZ there is no justification for cheating NDSU, just own up to it!

Shouldn't you be posting on some childrens board somewhere since you clearly lack any knowledge of football?

deez_na
November 16th, 2015, 09:25 AM

Ball was in the air so it was PI. I thought at first it should not have been a flag but after seeing what that ref saw, it clearly was a good call. There is nothing ticky tacky about it. There were crap calls both ways in that game on multiple occasions.

Bisonator
November 16th, 2015, 09:30 AM

It's OK to admit the refs actually got it right you know. Won't make you a lesser fan and IMO would look even better. I admit I thought it was a bad call right away as well but it clearly was a correct call.

Daved
November 16th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Call was bogus but you never leave the outcome in the hands of the refs--game was winnable but you can't expect to win against a good team when you have 3 terrible punts and a dropped pass right in your hands that probably was a td--bottom line they lost as a team,congrats to the Bison,and that's football.

Missingnumber7
November 16th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Call was bogus but you never leave the outcome in the hands of the refs--game was winnable but you can't expect to win against a good team when you have 3 terrible punts and a dropped pass right in your hands that probably was a td--bottom line they lost as a team,congrats to the Bison,and that's football.

The outcome is never at the hands of officials, players do things that are against the rules, officials throw flags. If you don't want to leave the outcome in the hands of the officials, don't do things that are against the rules.

Daved
November 16th, 2015, 10:40 AM
The defender tipped the ball that's a no call easy, such a BS flag, totally riggedIf I was a ref that had to deal with Bo I admit that I would throw a flag if it were anywhere near a borderline call.

Daved
November 16th, 2015, 10:44 AM
You make a good point but I'll just have to say agree to disagree.

YSU can have an awesome following and fill Stambaugh with consistent winning. Wins those games against UNI, SDSU and NDSU. Make multiple deep playoff runs and win a Natty....people would go. People in the smaller towns around YSU would say....."hey, lets go check out the Penguins this Saturday, they are kicking butt lately"....but that is just my opinion.If you lived here you would realize that FCS football in Ytown has as good a chance of getting big as surfing in Fargo.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Quote/info from a poster on BV:

Well we sat next to the production guys on the plane this morning. Said Youngstown State was the toughest place they go. The stadium has no wiring, so they have to drag everything from the truck, which limits the cameras and their positions; and the SID was really an ass to deal with on almost everything. They deliberately put the announcers on the roof. Said that there is no partnership there and that the YSU folks were just annoyed by KVLY's presence.

After our experience in the stadium and walking back to the car, I'm not surprised.

KVLY is NBC in Fargo (provides the statewide broadcast, plus the ESPN3 feed.)....I guess I'm not overly surprised either.

Daved
November 16th, 2015, 10:48 AM
A rematch would be great!Would love to see that--although I didn't like the ending of the first one I think we would see another dogfight--If Bo got laryngitis the line would be even closer.

Daved
November 16th, 2015, 10:57 AM
You can't try to make a point that the bigger schools in your area steal your thunder, and then throw out a bunch of names of schools that are lower divisions than YSU as crowd suckers on your program. At least be more consistent with your argument. I will give you that OSU is the biggest college football team and maybe Cinncinati is a draw, but all these others "Kent State,Mt.Union,Edinboro,Slippery Rock,Pitt,Gannon,Akron,Mercyhurst,Bowling Green,Robert Morris,Findlay,Ashland,Central State,Walsh,Malone,Tiffin,Duquesne,Indiana Pa.,Ohio State and probably a dozen others ". By your logic you should be taking fans from those schools since they are below you.Pitt is not below us they are in the ACC,Kent is also above us they are 1-A.by my logic if you went to any of those other schools you would follow them not YSU--check out the attendance figures for the NDSU game--most people were home watching OSU--FCS football will NEVER be big in Ytown--there's a better chance of SURFING being big in FARGO---COMPRENDE?xbangx

deez_na
November 16th, 2015, 11:01 AM

Enough with the call was crap comments. The call was 100% correctly made after seeing the angle from the Ref who made the call.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2015, 11:12 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21784&stc=1

Oh my god you can't be that stupid can you? If that isn't Pass interference I don't know what is. You must be related to Bo xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2015, 11:34 AM
GUILTY!.................BRAWK!

wow
November 16th, 2015, 11:47 AM
As an SDSU fan who was (obviously) cheering for YSU:

-It is a breath of fresh air to hear NDSU fans defending officials so much for a change.
-Pretty clearly PI when a jersey is yanked like the pics show, IMO.
-Bo is embarrassing, and cost his team a chance at the end of the game. Granted, it was a long shot but he made it impossible. IMO, the officials showed great restraint before flagging him, and probably give him more slack than most MVFC coaches would get. Nobody is out to get Bo except Bo.

Sycamore62
November 16th, 2015, 11:53 AM
its just a little jersey tug. WIU had an offensive player almost pull a jersey off our DB Saturday and it wasnt called.

Bison56
November 16th, 2015, 12:07 PM
It's hard living in denial.

dewey
November 16th, 2015, 01:19 PM
-Bo is embarrassing, and cost his team a chance at the end of the game. Granted, it was a long shot but he made it impossible. IMO, the officials showed great restraint before flagging him, and probably give him more slack than most MVFC coaches would get. Nobody is out to get Bo except Bo.

^^This!!!! I would be embarrassed if my coach pulled the antics the Pelini did at the end of the game.

Can people stop complaining about the PI call. It has been shown on numerous angles that it was a legitimate call. Does PI not get called all the time...yes but we all know that. However this official was correct in his call.

Dewey

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2015, 01:30 PM
If Patty V and the MVFC doesn't fine YSU and Pelini for his outbursts and total embarrassment of the MVFC and YSU then thats just wrong. He's going to continue to do it as long as he can get away with it. Tressel must have been proud Saturday xsmhx

FargoBison
November 16th, 2015, 01:31 PM
If Patty V and the MVFC doesn't fine YSU and Pelini for his outbursts and total embarrassment of the MVFC and YSU then thats just wrong. He's going to continue to do it as long as he can get away with it. Tressel must have been proud Saturday xsmhx

The guy takes home $120k a month, I doubt any fine will mean that much to him. Refs need to man up and flag him earlier, they put up with his BS for far too long on Saturday.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2015, 01:36 PM
its just a little jersey tug. WIU had an offensive player almost pull a jersey off our DB Saturday and it wasnt called.
One of my biggest pet peeves about officiating is that the rules, as they're called in games, aren't even close to the same for offensive and defensive players when it comes to PI.

Sometimes the announcers even compound my frustration by saying something like "What a good and heady play by [WR guy] to prevent that INT."

wow
November 16th, 2015, 01:36 PM

If he made contact with an official (as was alluded to in the broadcast), he should be suspended. I would say that no matter the coach or team.

clenz
November 16th, 2015, 01:39 PM
If he made contact with an official (as was alluded to in the broadcast), he should be suspended. I would say that no matter the coach or team.
This.

Is there video of him making contact? If so it should be an instant suspension plus fine.

Then next year, given he's already been suspended and flagged he should be on an extremely short leash. Refs should be instructed to not put up with his ****. Flag him and throw him out.

Sycamore62
November 16th, 2015, 01:45 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves about officiating is that the rules, as they're called in games, aren't even close to the same for offensive and defensive players when it comes to PI.

Sometimes the announcers even compound my frustration by saying something like "What a good and heady play by [WR guy] to prevent that INT."

In the official's defense, our player still made the interception but I say you have to throw the flag in case he were to drop it or it were overturned or there was a defensive penalty somewhere.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2015, 01:45 PM
The guy takes home $120k a month, I doubt any fine will mean that much to him. Refs need to man up and flag him earlier, they put up with his BS for far too long on Saturday.

I don't care what he makes a month that's not the point. You have to call out that type of behavior as an official of the MVFC. Not doing so makes her just as guilty for allowing it. As to the posters commenting about if he bumped the official. One of the announcers said he did but I can't confirm it's on the game video. I'm going to go back and look after work tonight. If it can be seen on the gameday video broadcast I hope Patty V. follows up with YSU officials and he gets suspended for one game. His dip**** brother who was also on the sideling jawing at the refs should go to. Both of them are clowns for the way they act.

Missingnumber7
November 16th, 2015, 01:53 PM
This.

Is there video of him making contact? If so it should be an instant suspension plus fine.

Then next year, given he's already been suspended and flagged he should be on an extremely short leash. Refs should be instructed to not put up with his ****. Flag him and throw him out.

The ball was in play when he bumped the official. I'm sure that the UNS was recorded as sideline interference. And the refs are instructed to not tolerate this. As a matter of fact last year Pellini was on several NCAA weekly instructional videos for officials.

As far as someone seeing it, the view on ESPN3 didn't capture a shallow enough angle to see it. I saw the flag fly and then either Shawn or Timmerman commented that it looked like he bumped him.

As a Line of scrimmage guy for my college FB crew (I'm an H) I can attest that sidelines are crowded at lower level games where fields are marked the exact same way with way fewer people on the sideline than there are at FCS or even FBS games. You have to work with coaches to keep your areas clear so that I don't have to worry about running into some kid or running a coach over. But if I get a coach that is constantly on my about everything and who it appears does not want to have a conversation but just wants to yell, it makes it a lot easier to just throw flags the way that Rodgers Redding wants them thrown. Also when you yell at me and then walk away, I take that as you have said your piece and we are done, and I will say that's enough, if you revisit it...you're gonna get flagged, don't care if its 1 second into the game or 1 second left in the game(ok probably not 1 second left in the game unless it could hurt you). Also multiple coaches chasing the crew off the field is going to go in the officials game report that will be read by Bill Corollo who is responsible for officials for the MVFC/MAC/B1G. I'm sure that he will have some suggestions for the conference when dealing with Bo.

This is also a white hat who is in his first year of D1 football, and he is very respected in the officiating circles(its rumored that he could be moved up to the B1G in a season or two). UNI fans may recognize him from the NDSU game.

gregatim
November 16th, 2015, 01:57 PM

And it needs to be a multiple game suspension if he made contact. Besides the physical contact, the officials requested a security escort out of the stadium. I don't think that was due to the YSU coaches, but the fans, who were following Pelini's lead in acting like a 2 year old. A very, very clear message needs to be sent to the coaches, fans, and staff at YSU that kind of behavior will not be tolerated. If I were an official from Saturday's game, I'd refuse to go back and work another game in Youngstown.

ysubigred
November 16th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Wow what a heart breaker! Hopefully someday YSU will have its **** together again.

1. YSU special teams SUCKS!

2. YSU Offensive Coordinator is so ****ed up his head hurts.

3. The other coach (Bo) needs to grow the **** up.

4. Congrats to NDSU the better team won xbowx knock them dead in the playoff's xthumbsupx

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 16th, 2015, 03:44 PM
This is from GOB1SON on Bisonville. He was at the game.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BisonFan02 http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1063498#post1063498)
Do you mind if I borrow this quote/info for AGS?

Knock yourself out.

Maybe it will get read by the congenial fans the turned and spoke to me and my wife after the PI call and told us to take our paid for refs and to get to get the **** out of their stadium. Or the nice gentleman getting into his car that yelled, once again with two ladies present, "I hope you are happy you pieces of ****".

I have been to a lot of football games all over the country, and I have heard of such behavior (and sometimes, Bison fans have been accused of it) but this is the first time I have seen it like this. I was scared to leave my wife's side for fear someone was going to get into her grill and then I would end up in jail in Ohio.

Oh, one last little tidbit, the nice lady who was all dressed in red sitting two rows in front of us, well her husband's name was Steve and he was one of the officials. I know this because her whole family, also dressed in red, was yelling "STEVE" the whole fricking game trying to get him to look up into the stands. And guess what!?! He was the official that threw the PI flag.

I did not just make that up. The official, that threw the PI flag, his wife was sitting two rows in front of us dressed in Youngstown State gear.

gregatim
November 16th, 2015, 04:39 PM
This is from GOB1SON on Bisonville. He was at the game.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BisonFan02 http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1063498#post1063498)
Do you mind if I borrow this quote/info for AGS?

Knock yourself out.

Maybe it will get read by the congenial fans the turned and spoke to me and my wife after the PI call and told us to take our paid for refs and to get to get the **** out of their stadium. Or the nice gentleman getting into his car that yelled, once again with two ladies present, "I hope you are happy you pieces of ****".

I have been to a lot of football games all over the country, and I have heard of such behavior (and sometimes, Bison fans have been accused of it) but this is the first time I have seen it like this. I was scared to leave my wife's side for fear someone was going to get into her grill and then I would end up in jail in Ohio.

Oh, one last little tidbit, the nice lady who was all dressed in red sitting two rows in front of us, well her husband's name was Steve and he was one of the officials. I know this because her whole family, also dressed in red, was yelling "STEVE" the whole fricking game trying to get him to look up into the stands. And guess what!?! He was the official that threw the PI flag.

I did not just make that up. The official, that threw the PI flag, his wife was sitting two rows in front of us dressed in Youngstown State gear.

The Bison mafia is far reaching.

The Yo Show
November 17th, 2015, 10:20 AM
People don't think about Iowa like this, but it's amazingly true.

Iowa football controls the state. There are no pro teams in the state of Iowa so it's Iowa football and then about 20 steps to Iowa wrestling then about 5 steps to Iowa basketball then everything else and none of it matters.

It's all about trying to build a following and not just going "Well, there's a big dog in this state so why try?". UNI used to do that and it sucked. The last decade or so UNI has turned to a "F you, Iowa. We have fans too and we are going to try to build our base even bigger" and it's working. Iowa is #5 in the country right now, meanwhile UNI is 6-4 and UNI is still averaging 14K for a home game.

Our coaches, and administration, legitimately "hate" Iowa. It's showing with the effort we are putting in. It's why our basketball team beats both. It's why our football team is within a score of each of them.

Like I said. There's a reason YSU wears red, black and silver

Yeah technically its red white and black.
TOSU is scarlet and gray. But youre right our fan situation is a problem. Im the first to admit Im also a huge buckeyes fan. The difference between me and most penguin fans is I would root for Ysu over tOSU if they played each other (which will never happen again now) so my only other difference is I follow YSU closer than Ohio state football (but I follow all of college closer than most so I follow ohio state really close too)

The Yo Show
November 17th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Quote/info from a poster on BV:

KVLY is NBC in Fargo (provides the statewide broadcast, plus the ESPN3 feed.)....I guess I'm not overly surprised either.

The whole the guys were on the roof, my thinking is because our press box and situation sucks. Local newspaper writer talked about how YSUs press facilities were worse than most area high schools.

Think its less likely to be pure bias or ill will towards the bison and more of our facilities are in need of upgrade. Oh and the SID may be a dick. Occums razor after all.