PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Div-I Football Championship Poll

ncguitarplyr
December 10th, 2006, 01:07 AM
be honest we can all see who voted what

uofmman1122
December 10th, 2006, 01:24 AM
I generally like seeing the team that beats the Griz go all the way, but I really like App. State, so I voted for them. Good luck to both teams this coming weekend.

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2006, 02:18 AM
gotta pull for my SoCon brethren

...but as a Chattanoogan, I just want to see a well played, standing room only game with beautiful weather. :thumbsup:

Safe trip to all that are visiting my home.

KiddBrewer
December 10th, 2006, 02:40 AM
well said chat-moc.....i hope for the same, and i also hope for a great game that represents FCS to the fullest, and hopefully it will get the respect it deserves!

Grizlander
December 10th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I would like to see it close till the end, with a UMASS win, since they beat the Griz.

I voted for App because I do not think UMASS can keep up with with what App has going on. Kind of looks like maybe the road to Chatty goes thru Boone for they next few years. Good luck to both teams.

Grizlander

catamount man
December 10th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Hate them, but respect them and will root for my SoCon rival. Good luck App!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

FightinBlue
December 10th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Not that I am a U-MASS fan. Just A-10 pride and a good soild D. It should be a great game.:thumbsup:

ASUMountaineer
December 10th, 2006, 07:48 AM
What a game this is going to be. Defense is going to be key in this game. UMass really shocked me Friday night. I didn't know what to expect from them and they were impressive. Any team to go to Montana and walk out with a win...they did something. I think if Appalachian can move the ball on the ground effectively, keeping Armanti from having to throw, it will be a good night for the defending Champs. Appalachian will have to put the ball in KRich's hands and follow him to the Championship.

ASU 31
UMass 24

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

furpal87
December 10th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Would like to see App win for the SoCon. However, I feel some deja vu back to the UMass team that beat GSU for a championship.

UMass 31 App State 30

Coastal-Effect
December 10th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I gotta go with App. ST they are a fast and powerful team that knows how to put a team away early. and have many many weapons on both sides of the ball.

APP.ST 45
UMASS 14

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I voted App but not primarily App fan but I am pulling for the Mountaineers. I'm from the South and like to see Southern teams win the championship. Also, I don't want to see three different A-10 programs win the national title in four years. Cosgrove is arrogant enough about the A-10 as it is!

Seriously, though, a third program from the league in four years even being IN the title game really speaks to the strength of the conference and there's obviously no question that UMass has a really good shot at closing the deal.

Actually, it's so hard to tell from my standpoint that I'd probably change my vote right now if I could. I think I did pick UMass to win it all when we had a poll after the first round.

Anyway, I'm pulling for App State.

appfan2008
December 10th, 2006, 09:20 AM
APP STATE all the way

LehighFan11
December 10th, 2006, 09:29 AM
App St will win 35-17. Umass has a great defense but they have never seen anything like Edwards, Richardson, and Moore. That option handoff is almost impossible to "stop" for a whole game. You may slow it down early, but they will bust many on you. I'm not an App fan but, i love fast teams that run that option hand off so ill be pulling for App.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 10th, 2006, 10:11 AM
UMASS. A-10 Brethren need to stick together. Key will be UMASS defense vs App Spread Offense which focuses on running the ball--and does it so very well. UMASS has seen the offfense before (see UNH), but not with such a runnning focus.

Conversely, I do not think that the quick App State Defense has seen anything like nor can consistently stop the UMASS big dominant O Line & Baylark. Between the tackles, ASU will be heavily challenged. I also think that the App State CB's (both talked about on game broadcast as being 5'6" or 5'7") will struggle against WR London (6'3), TE Listorti (6'3), and the other BIG Massachusetts receivers. Believe it or not, could be a shoot out, maybe in the vicinity of 38-35 with UMASS squeaking out a classic.

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2006, 10:29 AM
UMASS. A-10 Brethren need to stick together. Key will be UMASS defense vs App Spread Offense which focuses on running the ball--and does it so very well. UMASS has seen the offfense before (see UNH), but not with such a runnning focus.

I thought about that...what UMass has seen...and thought about the UNH offense. Biggest single difference I see is that UNH had a quarterback that averaged 2.6 yards per rush while App has one that's averaged 6.2. Very quick.

UMass922
December 10th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm going with Appalachian State, 28-27.

MplsBison
December 10th, 2006, 12:04 PM
If not for anything else, UMass has Nike uniforms and ASU has... Russell?

UMass 21-10.

ncguitarplyr
December 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM
lol we have nike uniforms in basketball and look how good we are in that

looks like a lot of people goin for both teams but app with a moderate majority

chiapet9
December 10th, 2006, 03:59 PM
i'm sticking with the A-10 and rooting for UMass. I honestly don't know who will come out on top, but I'll be rooting for the Minutemen.

Go Dukes!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2006, 04:01 PM
so far:
ASU: 87 votes
UMass: 32 votes

Peems
December 10th, 2006, 05:54 PM
so far:

you need to go with non fans, because there are way more app fans than umass fans. but still app is winning that battle as well.

Bisonforlife
December 10th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I picked UMass winning it all as the playoff field was announced so I can't change now:D

UMass922
December 10th, 2006, 06:20 PM
you need to go with non fans, because there are way more app fans than umass fans. but still app is winning that battle as well.

I would be interested to see how it would look if we identified the votes of fans of other SoCon and A-10 schools, not just fans of ASU and UMass--because those folks are generally going to have a strong bias in favor of their conference-mates.

And heck, we could even go further and separate out the votes of Montana and YSU fans, because I imagine there's a heavy bias there, too--namely the "any team that can beat mine must be the greatest team in the history of everything" factor.

igo4uni
December 10th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I voted for App cuz they looked really good vs. YSU.

GGASU
December 10th, 2006, 06:38 PM

UMass 21-10.

Thank God MplsBison is predicting a win for UMass!!!
:bow: :hurray: :beerchug: :bow: :hurray: :beerchug: :bow: :hurray: :beerchug:

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Thank God MplsBison is predicting a win for UMass!!!
:bow: :hurray: :beerchug: :bow: :hurray: :beerchug: :bow: :hurray: :beerchug:

Yeay !!!!!!! :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: no need for UMass to show now since whatever Bison has picked the opposite happens.

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2006, 07:53 PM

UMass 21-10.

Btw Addidas offered to do our uniforms and pretty much everything for our team back in '02 or '03 , but Coach Moore doesn't like their cleats for some reason and turned it down.

:bang: :bang: :bang: I never made sense of that.

Col Hogan
December 10th, 2006, 07:54 PM
so far:

QUick, someone call the UMass Athletic Department and tell them we're losing a poll...they better not show up because obviously they'll lose the game....they can save all that money by not traveling xlolx xlolx xlolx

UMass 21 ASU 20

ncguitarplyr
December 11th, 2006, 12:06 AM
geez where are the umass fans at?!

CoastalFan2005
December 11th, 2006, 12:20 AM
I picked App. I really don't see any way that anyone's going to stop them from winning their second championship. :nod:

Big Dawg
December 11th, 2006, 01:06 AM
I'm going with App St. in this one as well.

umassfan
December 11th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Everyone can pick App St just like everyone picked Montana... Keep them coming. I love seeing the disrespect. UMass is only 12-1 and undefeated in the top conference the CS has to offer. But keep the disrespect coming.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 01:11 AM
I think AppIAA might have cheated. ;) xlolx

hell, I thought about it too.

umassfan
December 11th, 2006, 01:11 AM
geez where are the umass fans at?!
Why vote when a poll like this is meaningless...

umassfan
December 11th, 2006, 01:13 AM
App St will win 35-17. Umass has a great defense but they have never seen anything like Edwards, Richardson, and Moore. That option handoff is almost impossible to "stop" for a whole game. You may slow it down early, but they will bust many on you. I'm not an App fan but, i love fast teams that run that option hand off so ill be pulling for App.
How many option teams has UMass stoped this season? It wont be the first or but it will be the last one we stop this season.

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Why vote when a poll like this is meaningless...

Yah, I'm certain thats the issue right there. :rolleyes:

umassfan
December 11th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Yah, I'm certain thats the issue right there. :rolleyes:
Okay then why have only 5 UMass fans voted... ?

ASU Kep
December 11th, 2006, 01:24 AM

5 Umass fans have voted because ya'll don't have very many fans on this site. Your losing in the non-fan poll because most people think your going to lose. Maybe they're wrong, but theres probably a reason why such a large number of unaffiliated fans don't think ya'll will be hoisting the trophy friday night.

umassfan
December 11th, 2006, 01:46 AM
5 Umass fans have voted because ya'll don't have very many fans on this site. Your losing in the non-fan poll because most people think your going to lose. Maybe they're wrong, but theres probably a reason why such a large number of unaffiliated fans don't think ya'll will be hoisting the trophy friday night.
Just like every griz fan on this site and many other fans thought we had no shot of going into washington/griz stadium and coming away with the W. App is human away from Boone. Hell even GSU brought them to OT.

OhioHen
December 11th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I'll be rooting for UMass to win another title for the A-10/CAA, but ASU looks too strong to ignore. Mountaineers double up (two titles, not double the score).

LacesOut
December 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I'll be rooting for UMass to win another title for the A-10/CAA, but ASU looks too strong to ignore. Mountaineers double up (two titles, not double the score).

Same here.

And for the record, I did have UMass beating Montana, by a FG. But I also had YSU beating App, by a FG!

OL FU
December 11th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I can't lose.

In all the pools I picked UMASS so in this poll I am picking ASU.

I can't lose:D

See one of you two in Crapsville on Friday:bawling:

Old Cage
December 11th, 2006, 08:47 AM
You guys who think that you will score 30 or 31 or 45 against the UMass D might be in for a long night.

chantman
December 11th, 2006, 09:01 AM
I'll be pulling for App to make it back to back.

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2006, 09:14 AM
How many option teams has UMass stoped this season? It wont be the first or but it will be the last one we stop this season.
Pot/Kettle it would seem on the "disrespect" card. :nono:

hApPYaPpYFan
December 11th, 2006, 09:24 AM
The ASU football team's success this year, I can promise you, has not come from being cocky and overconfident. They have been focused and worked very hard. There might be alot of jawing from ASU and UMASS fans but I can say with confidence that both teams are hard at work preparing for a great game on friday night.

Col Hogan
December 11th, 2006, 09:30 AM
B & G Express, you have to be kidding. You call what umassfan posted disrespectful...what about the rest of your post. UMass is next for what? Are we going to be fried and battered...do you think you can run over, around and through our defense...do you really think we will be roadkill? What are we next for? Inquiring minds want to know?

JDC325
December 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Go SoCon!! I think that would make 11 out of 30 for the SoCon not bad.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2006, 11:11 AM
B & G Express, you have to be kidding. You call what umassfan posted disrespectful...what about the rest of your post. UMass is next for what? Are we going to be fried and battered...do you think you can run over, around and through our defense...do you really think we will be roadkill? What are we next for? Inquiring minds want to know?

Tune in Friday, and we'll all find out! :thumbsup:

Seriously, I find it a little comedic how thin-skinned some of the UMass folks are already turning out to be. We're confident in our team, and have every right to be, and you manage to swing that into disrespect. I don't care if you or anyone else thinks UMass will win. I don't take that as disrespecting ASU though. And if I did, I wouldn't let it bother me.

We are the early favorites in this game, and have every right to be so. UMass may very well prove me and all the pro-ASU people here wrong on Friday. If so you'll see me here admitting I was wrong. Not much more I can offer to you other than that.

UMass922
December 11th, 2006, 11:15 AM

I voted, but not for UMass.

lizrdgizrd
December 11th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Btw Addidas offered to do our uniforms and pretty much everything for our team back in '02 or '03 , but Coach Moore doesn't like their cleats for some reason and turned it down.

:bang: :bang: :bang: I never made sense of that.
I'd think it's more important to have equipment you trust and like over flashy looks or $$ deals. Russell's worked for us so far. :thumbsup:

lizrdgizrd
December 11th, 2006, 11:22 AM
You guys who think that you will score 30 or 31 or 45 against the UMass D might be in for a long night.
I think we've seen that same line from several other teams this season. We'll just have to wait and find out Friday.