PDA

View Full Version : Who Gets the No. 1 seed?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I see a case to be made for four different possibilities.

Jacksonville State: 10-1, 1 win against ranked team (Chatty), only loss a "close loss" to SEC team.

North Dakota State - MVFC co-champions, multiple wins against ranked teams including SDSU, loss to Montana, USD

Illinois State - MVFC co-champions, multiple wins against ranked teams, loss to P5 team and ranked SDSU

Richmond/W&M winner -
- W&M, multiple ranked wins, would be on 7 game winning streak, loss to P5 UVA and Delaware, T25 win vs. Richmond (if it happens)
- Richmond, one ranked win vs. JMU, loss to UNH and P5 Maryland, T25 win over William and Mary (if it happens)

Missingnumber7
November 12th, 2015, 12:32 PM
JSU, Undefeated in FCS, 7 point OT loss to Auburn.

chattownmocs
November 12th, 2015, 12:34 PM
We can debate all day about who should. But jacksonville state will if they run the table

mvemjsunpx
November 12th, 2015, 12:41 PM
NDSU would be a real surprise. When's the last time a #1 seed had multiple FCS losses?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 12:42 PM
NDSU would be a real surprise. When's the last time a #1 seed had multiple FCS losses?

Related to this is I'm fairly sure that many of the No. 1 seeds over the years had FBS wins. This is the first time in a while when all the contenders don't have a single one.

rokamortis
November 12th, 2015, 12:43 PM
McNeese should be an option as well.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Here's some more grist for the debate.

Sagarin "strength of schedule" across all of D-I

Jacksonville State 46.25 178
NDSU 54.06 136
Illinois State 55.10 130
William & Mary 45.09 183
Richmond 42.77 198

McNeese 41.61 203

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Here's some more grist for the debate.

Sagarin "strength of schedule" across all of D-I

Jacksonville State 46.25 178
NDSU 54.06 136
Illinois State 55.10 130
William & Mary 45.09 183
Richmond 42.77 198

McNeese 41.61 203

You could also say that although NDSU and ISUr have a higher SOS NDSU still lost twice and ISUr had a loss and 3 close games to mid-pack teams.

jacksfan29
November 12th, 2015, 01:05 PM
McNeese should be an option as well.

Not with that schedule

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Not with that schedule
If all goes to heck in a hand basket and everyone loses, why not?

Mayville Bison
November 12th, 2015, 01:24 PM
If all goes to heck in a hand basket and everyone loses, why not?

But the poll said assuming they all win out. There shouldn't be a debate over who is #1 in that case as it should be JSU.

The real question is who is #2 as there are many teams that can make legit claim to that ranking.

rokamortis
November 12th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Not with that schedule

Why not? They've won all of the games that weren't cancelled. I could buy the schedule argument but not all losses were to top flight teams. Heck, SDSU probably belongs on there before NDSU and those CAA teams.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2015, 01:41 PM
JSU is about as much of lock as you can get should they win out.

McNeese will be lucky to get a 2 seed, their schedule is absolute garbage. That plus a ten game schedule(only 9 DI games) will also really hurt them.

Daytripper
November 12th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Still games to be played....

https://media.giphy.com/media/7dPhaWI5mxmAU/giphy.gif

Bison56
November 12th, 2015, 02:00 PM
JSU wins out they are #1 its a no brainer.

Missingnumber7
November 12th, 2015, 02:04 PM
McNeese will be lucky to get a 2 seed, their schedule is absolute garbage. That plus a ten game schedule(only 9 DI games) will also really hurt them.

This right here. These are the teams that can also end up with 9 D1 wins:
Charleston Southern
Coastal Carolina
Richmond
William & Mary
James Madison
Illinois St
North Dakota St
South Dakota St
Jacksonville St
Fordham
Dayton
The Citadel

Several teams on that list would deserve a higher seed than McNeese IMHO.

Professor Chaos
November 12th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I honestly think even if JSU loses one of their last two, which isn't likely, they'd still be in contention for the #1 seed. Right now it's clearly theirs to take or lose.

jacksfan29
November 12th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Why not? They've won all of the games that weren't cancelled. I could buy the schedule argument but not all losses were to top flight teams. Heck, SDSU probably belongs on there before NDSU and those CAA teams.

If SDSU had beaten UNI, yes. We didn't so unless JSU or NDSU lose while we win out we should not be in the discussion.

I should clarify on McNeese. They are being hurt by a few things. The 9 game SL schedule, the LSU cancellation and the D2 game. In addition, the normally reliable good SL teams just don't seem to be this year.

BEAR
November 12th, 2015, 02:55 PM
37-1 on the voting..JS running away with it...xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2015, 02:56 PM
If Jacksonville wins out, they are the #1.

BisonTru
November 12th, 2015, 02:59 PM
If Jacksonville wins out, they are the #1.

Hey now, you don't want people calling us North Dakota.

FormerPokeCenter
November 12th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I don't think anybody from McNeese believes we are, or even should be, in contention for the top seed.

I think the consensus is that, yes, we'd like to be seeded, and we'd like home field advantage for as long as we could get it...

Anything beyond that is what we down heah call "Lagniappe"...

mmiller_34
November 12th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Harvard

Bison56
November 12th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Harvard

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21750&stc=1

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 03:38 PM
I'm not amazed that Jacksonville State is winning this poll. What shocks me is that there's not even any debate about it, that folks are assuming that it's a done deal if they go 10-1 they get the No. 1 seed.

To me this would be the equivalent of Florida State last year being the consensus No. 1 over Alabama, when inside the rooms of the CFP Alabama ended up at No. 1 and Florida State at No. 3.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2015, 04:00 PM
JSU of they win out. Or go to Bisonville and you can get all the "EXPERT" opinions you can stand.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

eiu1999
November 12th, 2015, 04:06 PM
This seems pretty logical...........SEMO and Murray St at home....JSU.........

BisonFan02
November 12th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Different answer to the question if it was phrased as "Who should get"

gsf23nd
November 12th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I'm not amazed that Jacksonville State is winning this poll. What shocks me is that there's not even any debate about it, that folks are assuming that it's a done deal if they go 10-1 they get the No. 1 seed.

To me this would be the equivalent of Florida State last year being the consensus No. 1 over Alabama, when inside the rooms of the CFP Alabama ended up at No. 1 and Florida State at No. 3.

Why should there be any debate about it? If they win out they are clearly the #1. Why do you think there should be a debate about it? Why do you think they shouldn't be?

wapiti
November 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM
If Portland State wins their next two games, then PSU earns it.

deez_na
November 12th, 2015, 04:33 PM
If Portland State wins their next two games, then PSU earns it.

No

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Why should there be any debate about it? If they win out they are clearly the #1. Why do you think there should be a debate about it? Why do you think they shouldn't be?

Read the first page of this thread.

Bisonoline
November 12th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Even if evert one wins out it has to be jsu.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2015, 05:23 PM

Well we took a then #6 FBS team to OT, beat a then top 10 Chattanooga, beat 3 playoff contenders in UTM, EKU, and EIU.
NDSU lost to Montana. Sooooo. I mean our case is pretty strong right now. I'm not putting down NDSU, they are well deserving of the top 5, in fact, they are my #2, but I just think we have the strongest argument for number one.
So that's why there's not much debate, me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsf23nd
November 12th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Read the first page of this thread.

An yet YOU still haven't said who YOU think should get the #1 seed. You posted their resumes. So what. What do YOU think?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 06:26 PM
An yet YOU still haven't said who YOU think should get the #1 seed. You posted their resumes. So what. What do YOU think?

I think North Dakota State should get it as the champion of the toughest conference in FCS. With Jax State's schedule they also would have gone 10-1, and have gone 9-2 against a much tougher schedule than Jax State's. They are a tiny bit higher than Illinois State because they just lost to SDSU, whom the Bison beat handily.

I think all three are better than the Richmond/W&M winner.

melloware13
November 12th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Assuming they all win out v FCS, I have it this way:
1. JSU
2/3 NDSU/McNeese St.
4/5 IlSU/SDSU
6 W&M/Richmond winner
7 PSU/SUU winner
8 Should be Chuck South, but I can see it going to someone else due to facility questions

Others in contention for seeds at this point are (in my mind):
Chattanooga/The Citadel winner
James Madison
Coastal Carolina

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Assuming they all win out v FCS, I have it this way:
1. JSU
2/3 NDSU/McNeese St.
4/5 IlSU/SDSU
6 W&M/Richmond winner
7 PSU/SUU winner
8 Should be Chuck South, but I can see it going to someone else due to facility questions

Others in contention for seeds at this point are (in my mind):
Chattanooga/The Citadel winner
James Madison
Coastal Carolina

Pretty solid looking assumption.

Redbird 13
November 12th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Laughable that NDSU has seven votes.

The answer is Jacksonville State. And there's no argument.

ngineer
November 12th, 2015, 09:23 PM
JSU. All the others stubbed their toes during the season. Gotta give 'em the nod, especially with the way they lost that one game.

centennial
November 12th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Laughable that NDSU has seven votes.

The answer is Jacksonville State. And there's no argument.
http://i.imgur.com/7Yl0WsT.jpg?1

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2015, 11:11 PM
There's going to be a lot of shock when NDSU gets awarded the No. 1 seed, I see.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2015, 11:37 PM
There's going to be a lot of shock when NDSU gets awarded the No. 1 seed, I see.

Yeah well the NCAA isn't know for making the best decisions, are they?
Either way, seeds 1 and 2 are no different, home games till Frisco. That's what matters most.

SUPharmacist
November 13th, 2015, 12:58 AM

Since they weren't number one last year, why would they possibly be this year.

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Since they weren't number one last year, why would they possibly be this year.

Because an OVC team wasn't #1 last year. 😒

dewey
November 13th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Either way, seeds 1 and 2 are no different, home games till Frisco. That's what matters most.

^^^^^THIS! In 2011 and 2014 NDSU was the #2 seed and that worked out just fine for the Bison. Like you said there is virtually no difference between a #1 and a #2 seed as both have hoime field advantage until Frisoc.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2015, 07:23 AM
If the #3 seed is McNeese and the #4 and #5 seeds are SDSU and Illinois St I'd rather my team be the #2 seed xtwocentsx

BEAR
November 13th, 2015, 07:49 AM
80-10 now...xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
November 13th, 2015, 08:03 AM
xdeadhorsex..........LET IT GO...SKANDIES...........DUH JAX WOODAH WAFFLED.....SOUFF DAKOTAH &.....PROLLY......DUH EARLY GRIZZWOLDS........HARD TA 'CEPT LIFE AFTERAH...DUH FOUR-PEAT......YAH-OOM-HOOM.........xnodxxbawlingxxnodx.......BROCK!

dewey
November 13th, 2015, 08:08 AM
If the #3 seed is McNeese and the #4 and #5 seeds are SDSU and Illinois St I'd rather my team be the #2 seed xtwocentsx

^^^^THis! IF NDSU gets the #2 or #3 and McNeese gets the other one I really like NDSU's chances against the Cowboys. It will be really interesting to see how the NCAA selection committe handles Illinois State, South Dakota State and NDSU.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2015, 08:23 AM

Exactly this.....

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2015, 08:47 AM

Well, the quote that's been thrown around on here is "If you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man." Honestly I'd rather take the tough teams before Frisco. A chance to bring ISUr or SDSU down to our house and play them after traveling and in front of OUR crowd? Yeah. I'll take that, if they are really that great you'll have to take them down in Frisco anyway. Why not beat them while you have the upper hand with the home field advantage?

Cocky
November 13th, 2015, 09:03 AM

I would not.

bisonboone11
November 13th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Well, the quote that's been thrown around on here is "If you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man." Honestly I'd rather take the tough teams before Frisco. A chance to bring ISUr or SDSU down to our house and play them after traveling and in front of OUR crowd? Yeah. I'll take that, if they are really that great you'll have to take them down in Frisco anyway. Why not beat them while you have the upper hand with the home field advantage?

Because if NDSU got the #1 seed and SDSU/ISUr got the 4/5 seed, ISUr, SDSU, and NDSU would have to face each other before reaching Frisco, and Jacksonville State would only need to face one of them in the playoffs (at Frisco). Whereas if JSU got the #1 seed in that situation, they would have to face 2 of them in the playoffs (one before Frisco and one in Frisco).

Cocky
November 13th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Because if NDSU got the #1 seed and SDSU/ISUr got the 4/5 seed, ISUr, SDSU, and NDSU would have to face each other before reaching Frisco, and Jacksonville State would only need to face one of them in the playoffs (at Frisco). Whereas if JSU got the #1 seed in that situation, they would have to face 2 of them in the playoffs (one before Frisco and one in Frisco).

You would have to play one plus McNeese, so not any different. McNeese will not be a walk in the park for anyone.

bisonboone11
November 13th, 2015, 09:14 AM
You would have to play one plus McNeese, so not any different. McNeese will not be a walk in the park for anyone.

I think the person that made the original post was implying that SDSU and ISUr are tougher opponents than McNeese State. Obviously if you think McNeese State is a tougher opponent than those two, then you would want to be the #1 seed in that scenario.

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I think the person that made the original post was implying that SDSU and ISUr are tougher opponents than McNeese State. Obviously if you think McNeese State is a tougher opponent than those two, then you would want to be the #1 seed in that scenario.

Well most top 10 teams would be 9-0 in their schedule too. That run in with Abilene looked like it would have been an interesting game to watch. 😒 Either way, NDSU, SDSU, ISUr, McNeese; you're going to see a couple of them on the road to Frisco, I would just like to get the biggest ones out of the way while we have the advantage, whoever the big dogs may end up being.

Cocky
November 13th, 2015, 10:35 AM

I just dont see the easy game with any of the teams listed. The 1 seed would have better odds of seeing an even lower seeded team.

Several teams are capable of making a good run in the playoffs this year.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2015, 11:54 AM

Because I'd rather get to Frisco since win or lose (although I don't know about the latter from experience :D) it's a blast.

And Frisco is NDSU's second home field anyway :D :D

EDIT: And ISUr and SDSU know all about playing in the Fargodome (although ISUr hasn't played here since 2013) so it's not quite the homefield advantage that it would be against a first time team coming in like McNeese St. I like to see unique opponents in the playoffs that you don't see all the time in the regular season.

Rollbird5
November 13th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Because I'd rather get to Frisco since win or lose (although I don't know about the latter from experience :D) it's a blast.

From a losers perspective, Even tho we lost Frisco was a blast! great environment for a football game hope my team gives me another chance to go this year!

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2015, 12:14 PM

And Frisco is NDSU's second home field anyway :D :D

EDIT: And ISUr and SDSU know all about playing in the Fargodome (although ISUr hasn't played here since 2013) so it's not quite the homefield advantage that it would be against a first time team coming in like McNeese St. I like to see unique opponents in the playoffs that you don't see all the time in the regular season.

But home many of them have come down south to play in Burgess-Snow? None of them. That's as much of a home field advantage as you can get, regardless of what team comes down.
And I want to be at Frisco just as anyone else, a three day road trip with the Sotherners? Aww yeah. But road trip AND winning? AWWWWW YEAHHH. 😊

BisonTru
November 13th, 2015, 01:02 PM
But home many of them have come down south to play in Burgess-Snow? None of them. That's as much of a home field advantage as you can get, regardless of what team comes down.
And I want to be at Frisco just as anyone else, a three day road trip with the Sotherners? Aww yeah. But road trip AND winning? AWWWWW YEAHHH. 

How well does your fan base travel? Any guestimates how many would go?

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2015, 01:27 PM

To Frisco, I'm not sure. I only go to games with the Southerners, because I'm in the Southerners. We had a pretty good following to Auburn and Chattanooga, but they aren't Texas so I'm not quite sure.

Big_Fan
November 13th, 2015, 11:53 PM

This is a difficult question to answer, as we haven't had a lot of reason to travel in recent years.

When we play a FBS team, we bring a few thousand (max out our allotment)... on the road to somewhere like EIU or SEMO it may only be a few hundred. Most FBS games are regional, and Frisco is a haul... but for a title, there would be thousands make the trip... how many thousand is hard to say. The stadium in Frisco only seats 20,500... we are about 300 miles closer than NDSU is (we are 732 miles from Frisco). If I had to guess, we would bring 5000 or so. Iwish I could say that we would bring 10k, but I don't see it... still, I am guessing. Our band plus staff and associated travelers will be over 1000. Factoring in some band families and player families and you get 2000-3000. Throw in some football fans and students and you add a few thousand more. We have no experience with a championship game that far away. If it were still in Chattanooga, we would pack the house.

Twentysix
November 14th, 2015, 12:03 AM
This is a difficult question to answer, as we haven't had a lot of reason to travel in recent years.

When we play a FBS team, we bring a few thousand (max out our allotment)... on the road to somewhere like EIU or SEMO it may only be a few hundred. Most FBS games are regional, and Frisco is a haul... but for a title, there would be thousands make the trip... how many thousand is hard to say. The stadium in Frisco only seats 20,500... we are about 300 miles closer than NDSU is (we are 732 miles from Frisco). If I had to guess, we would bring 5000 or so. Iwish I could say that we would bring 10k, but I don't see it... still, I am guessing. Our band plus staff and associated travelers will be over 1000. Factoring in some band families and player families and you get 2000-3000. Throw in some football fans and students and you add a few thousand more. We have no experience with a championship game that far away. If it were still in Chattanooga, we would pack the house.

NDSU could easily sell 30,000 tickets to Frisco #LakesBison xthumbsupx

Cocky
November 14th, 2015, 06:26 AM
No way we would come close to 30,000. 5,000 would be a max number.

Big_Fan
November 14th, 2015, 07:05 AM
No way we would come close to 30,000. 5,000 would be a max number.

Yeah... no way 30k happens. I don't know that 5k is the ceiling though. I think 5-6k is a fairly conservative guestimate. It could be more if promoted well, and there are travel opportunities available. We have a fairly active North Texas Alumni chapter that hosts game watching parties at Dave & Busters in Dallas.

30k is a crazy number, but then, there is not much to do in Western Siberia in January...and there is no FBS football to compete with.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Yeah... no way 30k happens. I don't know that 5k is the ceiling though. I think 5-6k is a fairly conservative guestimate. It could be more if promoted well, and there are travel opportunities available. We have a fairly active North Texas Alumni chapter that hosts game watching parties at Dave & Busters in Dallas.

30k is a crazy number, but then, there is not much to do in Western Siberia in January...and there is no FBS football to compete with.
I don't think NDSU would bring 30k if we could fit them all in the stadium either. Twentysix was being facetious in reference to one of our fellow Bison fan's tendency to overestimate how many fans NDSU has brought/will bring to road games. The game in January 2014 against Towson was probably the max. Of the 20k and change in the stadium probably 18k were Bison fans.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 09:17 AM
I don't think NDSU would bring 30k if we could fit them all in the stadium either. Twentysix was being facetious in reference to one of our fellow Bison fan's tendency to overestimate how many fans NDSU has brought/will bring to road games. The game in January 2014 against Towson was probably the max. Of the 20k and change in the stadium probably 18k were Bison fans.

I would say we could fill a good third of the stadium up with travelers. Just us (Southerners) by ourselves (not including staff) take up around 600-800 seats at least. Then add our staff in and the fans that travel just for us like band family/fans and we could bring around 2000 in just for the band and band fans.
I don't know though, I feel like we had a few more than 5,000 at Michigan State last year, there was quite a bit of red sitting behind us and that was just a paycheck game.
Also, we wouldn't have FBS to compete with either. Bama and Auburn will be done by then and maybe we can get a few more people just because of that.

centennial
November 14th, 2015, 09:32 AM

There were many people without a ticket, the second NC that I went to I got SRO tickets. We could push 20k, maybe more but 30 is quite a stretch. If it was in Minneapolis 30 is a possibility.

Big_Fan
November 14th, 2015, 09:57 AM

Yeah, as I mentioned, the stadium capacity is 20,500.

I think you guys would have the crowd advantage if we were to meet there, but it wouldn't be 18k vs 2k. Our band alone would bring 1,000 to 2,000 (members + staff and supporters).

Factor in the fans / students and area alumni, and we should represent fairly well.

...and I would hope that local (Alabama) industry and businesses would show support and send folks. There might even be some non-JSU Alabama transplants show up to support. Still, you guys have a much larger student body, and a longer tradition of winning in the FCS...your people are used to traveling to big games. Ours have forgotten...and even when they did, it was an easy drive. Bama to Dallas is easily driven (I-20 goes from Calhoun County to Dallas). You can drive 20 minutes from J'ville, get in the interstate, and be there in 10-ish hours. I-29/35 is pretty good from Fargo to Dallas, but it is 5 hours longer - and mostly a mind-numbingly boring drive. Crossing Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska is torture.

I used to think The Wizard of Oz was in Black and White, then switched to color when Dorothy arrived in Oz... then I visited Kansas and found out that is what it actually looks like.

Theee Catrabbit
November 14th, 2015, 10:01 AM
A chance to bring ISUr or SDSU down to our house and play them after traveling and in front of OUR crowd? Yeah. I'll take that, if they are really that great you'll have to take them down in Frisco anyway. Why not beat them while you have the upper hand with the home field advantage?

SDSU has been better on the road than at home.......

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 10:11 AM
SDSU has been better on the road than at home.......

Well that tends to happen when all your away games are cupcake teams.

centennial
November 14th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Well that tends to happen when all your away games are cupcake teams.
Funny you should say that considering your teams plays in a cupcake league.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 11:38 AM

Touché

FargoBison
November 14th, 2015, 12:51 PM
SDSU did have a weak road schedule but at home they've played the toughest competition in the FCS. So it balances I guess.

But I do get the JSU's fans point calling out the SDSU fan for being better on the road, they damn well should be better.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 02:18 PM
SDSU did have a weak road schedule but at home they've played the toughest competition in the FCS. So it balances I guess.

But I do get the JSU's fans point calling out the SDSU fan for being better on the road, they damn well should be better.

This.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 04:13 PM

Funny you should say that, at least we can handle our cupcakes.

DaBizon
November 14th, 2015, 04:40 PM
True but our cupcakes > you

centennial
November 14th, 2015, 04:41 PM
This might be true.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 05:06 PM

We will just have to wait until the playoffs to see for sure. Won't we? All I know for sure now is we are #1 and your cupcakes aren't.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Well our cupcakes have sprinkles!:D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/42/29/88/4229885a411c920a54df7db743f49362.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0c/92/40/0c924023258a31e89c2d449ed96336c1.jpg

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Well our cupcakes have sprinkles!:D

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/42/29/88/4229885a411c920a54df7db743f49362.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0c/92/40/0c924023258a31e89c2d449ed96336c1.jpg

Can't argue with that logic. That looks like one tasty cupcake. I don't know what they are putting in our cupcakes... But I don't think it's chocolate...

ngineer
November 14th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Yeah, as I mentioned, the stadium capacity is 20,500.

I think you guys would have the crowd advantage if we were to meet there, but it wouldn't be 18k vs 2k. Our band alone would bring 1,000 to 2,000 (members + staff and supporters).

Factor in the fans / students and area alumni, and we should represent fairly well.

...and I would hope that local (Alabama) industry and businesses would show support and send folks. There might even be some non-JSU Alabama transplants show up to support. Still, you guys have a much larger student body, and a longer tradition of winning in the FCS...your people are used to traveling to big games. Ours have forgotten...and even when they did, it was an easy drive. Bama to Dallas is easily driven (I-20 goes from Calhoun County to Dallas). You can drive 20 minutes from J'ville, get in the interstate, and be there in 10-ish hours. I-29/35 is pretty good from Fargo to Dallas, but it is 5 hours longer - and mostly a mind-numbingly boring drive. Crossing Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska is torture.

I used to think The Wizard of Oz was in Black and White, then switched to color when Dorothy arrived in Oz... then I visited Kansas and found out that is what it actually looks like.

I hope your trip to Texas goes better for ya than it did in 1977! (;-) Rooting for ya if our PL brethern don't make it.

Daytripper
November 15th, 2015, 11:54 AM
From a losers perspective, Even tho we lost Frisco was a blast! great environment for a football game hope my team gives me another chance to go this year!

As a two-time loser, I agree. We are just hoping for a little more late season magic from KCK and company.