PDA

View Full Version : So What's the Deal With Tickets?

spoogemcgee18
December 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I just got off the plane from Costa Rica. Did they sell some tickets after the App game? Is Monday morning at the Holmes Center the earliest I can get tickets?

ncguitarplyr
December 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM
yeah they sold tickets after the game...got mine...thats all i know though

Mountaineer
December 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I just got off the plane from Costa Rica. Did they sell some tickets after the App game? Is Monday morning at the Holmes Center the earliest I can get tickets?

Possibly, the online site seems to be giving people fits.

There was a HUGE crowd after the game lining up to buy tickets. Gonna be a lot of App fans in Chatty on Friday. ;)

spoogemcgee18
December 9th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Were a lot of people in line?

spoogemcgee18
December 9th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, no luck on line.

spoogemcgee18
December 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Well, regardless, it's good to be back in the good 'ol US of A. No better way to come back then to find out the Apps made the NC again. I may get ****ty seats, but atleast we're going.

December 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM
online ticket notice:

The Chattanooga Ticket Office is currently SOLD OUT of tickets for the NCAA Football Championship Game.

All available tickets are with the 2 participating schools. If any are returned, we will make them available.

igo4uni
December 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM
How many Umass fans will make the trip??

How far a drive is it??

Last year, many UNI fans,including igo4uni, made the 13 hour drive.

Cincy App
December 9th, 2006, 09:55 PM
online ticket notice:

The Chattanooga Ticket Office is currently SOLD OUT of tickets for the NCAA Football Championship Game.

All available tickets are with the 2 participating schools. If any are returned, we will make them available.

Ralph or ChattanoogaMocs, do you know how many tickets were requested by each school? Thanks.

Guard Dawg
December 10th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Will some tickets become available since Montana and YSU lost out? Did they set aside tickets for those two schools all ready?

I bet you could find tickets on ebay and probably at the game if you just show up.

I just did a check on ebay and typed in chattanooga tickets. A couple pairs of tickets came up.

Guard Dawg
December 10th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Ralph or ChattanoogaMocs, do you know how many tickets were requested by each school? Thanks.

Final Four Official Ticket Requests:
Appalachian State 7,500
Youngstown State 5,000
Montana 2,500
Massachusetts 1,000.

UMass purchased 423 tickets in 1998
(the smallest official amount requested since the game was moved to Chattanooga).

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2006, 12:22 AM

Chattanooga has pre-sold close to 8,500

ASU officially requested 7,500 but according to Cobb after the game, he really feels more that 12K or more could show up (he said they would need more than the 7,500 they requested)

UMass requested 1,000...but was also very optimistic that more would be needed/sold.

good article just posted on Mocfans (the Times-Free Press sent Wesley Rucker to the game today and he interviewed Charlie Cobb)

http://p197.ezboard.com/fmoctalkfrm3.showMessage?topicID=3633.topic

The exact number of ASU fans who came to last year's championship game is unknown, but the school was given 5,000 tickets and bought them quickly. Thousands more bought tickets through Chattanooga, and the estimate of ASU fans in the stadium last season was estimated between 9,000-12,000.

ASU asked for 7,500 tickets this time, and Cobb said that probably still won't be enough.

"I promise you, everybody who went last year is going back, and the ones who didn't go are going to figure out a way to go," Cobb said. "It's going to be an awesome crowd of Appalachian people there.

"If we took 12,000 last year, I expect 15,000 this year."

That would be an effective balance for UMass, which bought less than 1,000 tickets for the Minutemen's 1998 championship game win.

Greater Chattanooga Sports and Event Committee president Merrill Eckstein said he expects more UMass fans than last time because the school requested more tickets (1,000) this year and because the Minutemen's 1998 run was the program's "first good season after years of struggling."

Mountaineer
December 10th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Awesome news mocs! I'm really excited for Chatty and hope this year turns out as excellent as it's sounding..

Can't wait to see a sea of Black and Gold. :hurray: :hurray:

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I have been told that there is a plan already set if they go over official seating...temp bleachers can be brought in for both endzones pretty easily if needed...I think they could probably handle up to 23-24K (Finley has had 22.6k before without additional seats...plenty of place for SRO)

I know Merrill Eckstein well...and I know he will pack APPsolutely, positively as many fans as they can into that stadium.

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Awesome news mocs! I'm really excited for Chatty and hope this year turns out as excellent as it's sounding..

Can't wait to see a sea of Black and Gold. :hurray: :hurray:

Just imagine if it was on a Saturday (more travel time for fans...less loss time from work) instead of Friday night :mad:

No we just need to get rid of this Canadian air!
(Sunny and close to 60 on Friday :thumbsup: )

appfan2008
December 10th, 2006, 09:33 AM
I would love to see 20k of app fans down there!

Griswold
December 10th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Just imagine if it was on a Saturday (more travel time for fans...less loss time from work) instead of Friday night :mad:

No we just need to get rid of this Canadian air!
(Sunny and close to 60 on Friday :thumbsup: )

Why is it always played on Friday night? Because of TV (ESPN)?

Zangzigger
December 10th, 2006, 10:02 AM
How far a drive is it??

It is over 16 hours away and right in the middle of finals for students.

December 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
It is over 16 hours away and right in the middle of finals for students.Looks like a bunch of students will be making an addition to their Finals schedule for Friday, the D-I Football Championship FINAL.