PDA

View Full Version : Guins 2007

FlyYtown
December 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Well YSU is losing 27 seniors, I think 17 were starters, or played for most of the games they played in. So we will be losing a lot of talent. The spot that will have no experience whatsoever is at Tailback. Mason and Gibson are gone now and have a few young guys down there including Jabari Scott [2,000+ yards in 5A Texas].

Word is over the past few weeks YSU's coaching staff has got calls from over 10-13 possible transfers interested in coming to Youngstown. One of which was a tailback down at Miami [FL]. So it looks like YSU will reload once again talent wise; and much of that can be due to the fact we were on ESPN 4 times this year.... You know the kids love that.

Youngstown State Non-Conference Schedule
@ OHIO STATE
vs. Stony Brook
vs. South Dakota State
----
Two Spots Open with WKU off the schedule. I am told one of those two spots will be locked with a very tough opponent: I can only hope it is ASU!

Mountain Panther
December 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM
vs. South Dakota State
----
[B]

That is a good non-conference match-up.

sdgriz24
December 9th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Well YSU is losing 27 seniors, I think 17 were starters, or played for most of the games they played in. So we will be losing a lot of talent. The spot that will have no experience whatsoever is at Tailback. Mason and Gibson are gone now and have a few young guys down there including Jabari Scott [2,000+ yards in 5A Texas].

Word is over the past few weeks YSU's coaching staff has got calls from over 10-13 possible transfers interested in coming to Youngstown. One of which was a tailback down at Miami [FL]. So it looks like YSU will reload once again talent wise; and much of that can be due to the fact we were on ESPN 4 times this year.... You know the kids love that.

@ OHIO STATE
vs. Stony Brook
vs. South Dakota State
----
Two Spots Open with WKU off the schedule. I am told one of those two spots will be locked with a very tough opponent: I can only hope it is ASU!

That's tuff losing that many seniors.

Hopefully that open can be filled with a home and home with Montana.

YSUalum
December 9th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Check todays two deep chart. 11 total starters back. I think 6 on offense and 5 on defense. That is not counting the 2nd listed player.

But we need Speed. Todays game reminded me way too much of 1999 against Georgia Southern.

YSUalum

igo4uni
December 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
YSU is coming to the fabulous UNI-Dome next year!!!!!!

GoGuins
December 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM
YSU is coming to the fabulous UNI-Dome next year!!!!!!

Yea, we love that place:bawling:

igo4uni
December 9th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Yea, we love that place:bawling:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

GoGuins
December 9th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I think there should be an open competition in the spring b/n Zetts & Rowan. May the best man win.

FlyYtown
December 9th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I am all for Zetts. He has run this offense to near perfection since getting the job 2 years ago.. He has gotten better every single year.

A 4 year starter in the CS next year will be tough to find, at least we will have one in Youngstown.

I want YSU to recruit local and get the athletes considering Kent/Akron--->running on the fact you can win the NCAA Div. 1 Championship and still get on National TV the same amount, if not more than the MAC schools.

TRANSFER---Vital.
Let's hope we get as many as possible....really the one's who want to come here and win and play as a team... the transfers we got this past year were tremendous!

igo4uni
December 9th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I want YSU to recruit local and get the athletes considering Kent/Akron--->running on the fact you can win the NCAA Div. 1 Championship and still get on National TV the same amount, if not more than the MAC schools.

Excellent point............You can play for a national championship and get on tv just as much!!!!!!!!!

FargoBison
December 10th, 2006, 12:32 AM

@ OHIO STATE
vs. Stony Brook
vs. South Dakota State
----

Hmmm...Maybe its NDSU? We still need to find 4 more games for next season.

FlyYtown
December 10th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Could very well be NDSU, but we will have to find out. I do believe YSU has to fill a game with Northeastern from a few years back, unless we bought that game out.

Strollo will have another tough schedule for YSU!

Killtoppers90
December 10th, 2006, 08:34 AM

@ OHIO STATE
vs. Stony Brook
vs. South Dakota State
----

What? You are not shouting from the rooftops that you will win the Chamiopship AGAIN NEXT year too?

penguin8797
December 10th, 2006, 08:43 AM
We're losing a lot of experience on the offensive line.

goguins444
December 10th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Atleeast Jeremiah Wright will be back next year. Since Regis Edgerson didnt play this year any one know if he was redshirted or something so he could play next year or was he already redshirted?

Mountain Panther
December 10th, 2006, 11:41 AM

@ OHIO STATE
vs. Stony Brook
vs. South Dakota State
----

I have a suggestion - if you schedule a DII school, make sure it's a winable game.....:bang: :mad: :nonono2: :( :confused: : smh : :bawling: :eek: :splat: : retard :

FlyYtown
December 10th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Good News Mountain Panther. The reason we have Stony Brook on there is to eliminate a D2 Game next year... Always nice to get them off the schedule to get those 7 D1 wins early on...

TxSt02
December 10th, 2006, 04:00 PM
we lost that many seniors last year... good luck

Peems
December 10th, 2006, 04:49 PM
zetts will be a senior right? and peterson?

Tubby Raymond
December 10th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Too bad you didn't win, wanted UMASS to get the A-10's revenge

goguins444
December 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Zetts will be a senior. Peterson was a senior this year.

FlyYtown
December 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM
zetts will be a senior right? and peterson?
Zetts will be a SENIOR, TJ Peterson career at YSU is over. But we have some good talent that we didn't use all that much.. One of which is Louis Irizarry.. He is one hell of a player.

goguins444
December 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I wouldve like to have seen Lou Irizarry Lined up at Wr more than we did this year.

Peems
December 10th, 2006, 06:38 PM
who is going to be runningback next year for you guys?

goguins444
December 10th, 2006, 06:45 PM
FlyYtown has said he herd on a radio talk show that they mentioned a rb from miami florida transfering in, which that would be nice. We have jabari scott texas class 5 ran for over 2000 yards in his senior season but i dont know if he will do. I would hope for a transfer, which in the past we have got some pretty good rb tranfers. Go Guins

Paladin1aa
December 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
As of now, YSU RB for next year will come from red-shirted Jabari Scott from Tx. and Regis Edgerson (Maple Hts.,Oh), a transfer from So.Carolina if his medical red-shirt clears as it should. Hearing that several Major school transfers may be interested as well. We'll recruit for here as well.

goguins444
December 10th, 2006, 06:57 PM
As of now, YSU RB for next year will come from red-shirted Jabari Scott from Tx. and Regis Edgerson (Maple Hts.,Oh), a transfer from So.Carolina if his medical red-shirt clears as it should. Hearing that several Major school transfers may be interested as well. We'll recruit for here as well.

So Edgerson is probably gettin a redshirt. Good that makes me feel a little bit better. He wasn't a bad RB. I forget how he did he did in 2005. Go Guins