PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 11 - Pick 'em

RedFlash
November 10th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Saturday, November 14

CCSU @ Wagner
Robert Morris @ Saint Francis
Sacred Heart @ Bryant

All three games start at noon. Duquesne is off this week. Senior Day for the Seahawks, Red Flash and Bulldogs. Not expecting much of a game in either Staten Island or Smithfield - sorry SHU fans. I wish I was wrong about that.

I'm anxious to see if the RMU defense can cause problems for SFU's offense. I think SFU wins this one and sets up it's biggest game in years next week at Duquesne. Sacred Heart could make that game a lot more exciting if they could upset Bryant this week.

aceinthehole
November 10th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Easiest Path to the NEC's Automatic FCS Playoff Bid ...

BRYANT: Wins over Sacred Heart (Week 11) and Robert Morris (Week 12)

DUQUESNE: Win over Sacred Heart (Week 12) plus a Bryant loss to Sacred Heart (Week 11) OR a Bryant loss to Robert Morris (Week 12)

SAINT FRANCIS: Wins over Robert Morris (Week 11) and Duquesne (Week 12) plus a Bryant loss to Sacred Heart (Week 11)

----
Central Connecticut's chances took a major blow with the Week 11 loss to Saint Francis, but CCSU isn't technically eliminated from contention. If Central should move to 4-2 by winning its season finale on November 14, the Blue Devils could earn a piece of the championship if Bryant suffered at least one more defeat AND Saint Francis loses to Robert Morris in Week 11 before beating Duquesne in Week 12.

bonarae
November 10th, 2015, 06:30 PM
CCSU
St. Francis
Bryant

Tough games to call for the latter two.

eiu1999
November 11th, 2015, 08:47 AM
CCSU @ Wagner
Robert Morris @ Saint Francis
Sacred Heart @ Bryant

blackbeard
November 11th, 2015, 08:34 PM
CCSU
St Francis
Bryant

Go...gate
November 11th, 2015, 11:52 PM
That would be great if St. Francis won the NEC.

RedFlash
November 12th, 2015, 08:22 AM

I think SFU is trending in the right direction, but I'm not sure his will be their year. The loss to Bryant is really going to stick with them as they pretty much handed that game away. Plus, Duquesne will give them a very difficult game to end the season. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I think next year will be their best chance to get their first NEC championship. They'll return 16 of their 22 starters including their QB and their all-conference kicker. The biggest question marks may be at receiver and LB but they have some freshmen who have seen time in those slots this year who have looked pretty impressive. It will be nice to finally have a winning season - even if we have to count the victory over the U of Faith to get to six wins.

downbythebeach
November 14th, 2015, 11:20 AM
The bones are there for a good run next year. Coach V knows how to put together a good Oline.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 14th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I want to be optimism about next year, but there are too many ghosts to be nothing but weary.

I am heartily enjoying this year.

- - - Updated - - -

I consider Colgate co-champions of 1932.

Hopefully, Colgate can return to prominence.

downbythebeach
November 14th, 2015, 02:45 PM
NEC Championship

SFU @ Duq

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 14th, 2015, 03:53 PM
NEC Championship

SFU @ Duq

I'm wearing my jersey all week. Maybe not, it might smell too badly by Saturday.

downbythebeach
November 14th, 2015, 05:44 PM
I think I'm gonna go out to the game