PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay In Chatty

Appstate03
December 9th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know a nice hotel in Chattanooga within walking distance of the stadium. Last year I drove back to Charlotte after the game. This year I will not make the same mistake.

December 9th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Kings Lodge
2400 Westside Dr, Chattanooga, TN
(423) 698-8944

ButlerGSU
December 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Staybridge is the closest to the stadium, I stayed their last year and am staying there again this year. I believe it took me 3-5 minutes (walking) to get to the stadium last year and the rooms are awesome!

Mountain Panther
December 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
I would suggest the Days Inn right by the stadium. I think Ralph actually recommended it last year, but then some one else said it was in a "shady" part of town, so I stayed where the team stayed (forgot the name). Guess what? The Days Inn was across the street! So I paid almost twice as much and was hardly in the room at all. Wow that was a long day.

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
...except that Kings Lodge is not within walking distance (as he was looking for)

...though that might be tough to find to begin with (the downtown, close by, hotels fill up quick)...the closest is Staybridge Suites (next to the convention center)

If it were me, I would stay at one of the hotels down near the riverfront because that is where all the post game partying will be (I would rather have a close walk back to the hotel if I might be getting inebriated :))

MrEvents
December 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Kings Lodge
2400 Westside Dr, Chattanooga, TN
(423) 698-8944

NO NO NO!!!! Not there. If there is a "bad" area in Chattanooga that is absolutely it. Sleep in your car or something. This game isn't worth dying for!!!! Not kidding.

Seriously, I imagine there are several cancelled reservations from the losing teams. Keep trying these hotels:

Staybridge
Chattanooga Marriott
Sheraton Read House
Chattanooga Choo Choo Holiday Inn
Clarion
Hilton Garden Inn
Courtyard by Marriott
Residence Inn

Lookout Valley is about 7 minutes away. Try these:
Holiday Inn Express
Country Suites

Shallowford Road area near Hamilton Place Mall:
Hilton Garden Inn
Country Suites
Comfort
Wingate
Sleep Inn
Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express

There are others but I can't remember them all.

December 9th, 2006, 07:23 PM
NO NO NO!!!! Not there. If there is a "bad" area in Chattanooga that is absolutely it. Sleep in your car or something. This game isn't worth dying for!!!! Not kidding...Woah MrEvents. :nono: You will DIE if you stay at the Kings Lodge???? I will report back after the game because that is the CSN hotel of choice. Last year Cap'n Cat and D1B stayed there and gave it very favorable reports. I can't believe what you posted!!!! :nonono2:

Others that will cost fans $$$$$$$ more? Should I tell the folks there of your report? Or maybe that is why they are on your NIX LIST?

AGS and CSN recommend saving money while staying in town. Don't pay twice as much for a room you will only see for a couple waking hours. Chatty IS NOT A DANGEROUS TOWN despite what MrEvents will have you believe.

Myself, Coulson, Campbell and others from CSN will be at Kings Lodge from Wednesday onward.

Maybe all of CSN will DIE in Chatty 2006? :rolleyes:

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Mr Events did not say Chattanooga is a dangerous town...he said the area around Kings Lodge is bad...and he is correct. (of course, what do we know...we just live here :))

Kings Lodge itself is not too bad of a hotel (it is inexpensive and clean)...but, they have had a number of problems there (including a shooting in the last year...which is probably what Mr Events is referring to)

...and the old hotel that was immediately next to it had to be padlocked by the city because of rampant drug sales and prostitution (it was finally condemned and torn down).

BTW...
There is also a trio of inexpensive budget hotels right on the other side of the interstate from the stadium...but I am having trouble remembering the names of them (think one is a motel 6)...all three were built in the last 5 years, so they are new and clean.

...and the Days Inn which is caddy corner to the Read House is pretty nice and inexpensive too.

BigApp
December 9th, 2006, 07:46 PM
as far as Chattanooga is concerned, Kings Lodge IS in a 'bad part of town'

December 9th, 2006, 07:49 PM
... my occupation gives me plenty of inside information about various loding properties around town....We were told the same thing last year but we stayed at a place so-called "insiders" said was DANGEROUS despite us staying there over several years. I edited my last post if you noted. If the pushing of major chains which charge twice as much or more is the intent then bravo but no need to say we will DIE at the Kings Lodge. That is FALSE. I will prove it this year. Just above the edge of decency and civic responsibilty for you I thought. They were VERY surprised by it as well.

December 9th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Mr Events did not say Chattanooga is a dangerous town....Uh, I think DYING IS DANGEROUS. BTW, cmocs, you said alot of the same stuff last year about where we have stayed for years.

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 07:54 PM
This was less than 4 months ago....

Murder suspect arrested at Ringgold motel Sep 20, 2006
According to Catoosa Sheriff Phil Summers, officers arrested Knight at the Days Inn off Alabama Highway (Highway 151) in Ringgold at 7:30 a.m. in connection with the shooting at Kings Lodge in Chattanooga. Sergeant Tom Layne, Chattanooga Police Department spokesman, said the victim was 24-year-old Detrail LeBron Green. (Catoosa County News, GA)

Murder Investigation Reveals Counterfeit Check Operation
John Pless (newschannel9.com)

September 20, 2006 - 10:04PM
So far three people are behind behinds in connection with Monday nights' shooting at the King's Lodge Motel, but only one faces a murder charge.

Chattanooga police said the four people who were with Detrail Green when he was killed were involved with a counterfeit check cashing scheme.

Chattanooga major crimes detectives said Wednesday they will charge Fakarden Knight with murder once he's extradited from the Catoosa County Jail. He was captured at a Ringgold hotel after taking a cab from East Ridge where the gettaway car was wrecked, detectives said.

Lieutenant Tim Carroll said Knight he was with two women, 24-year-old Genise Knight (no relation) and 19-year-old Jerri Rader Monday night in room 227 of the Kings Lodge. The women are cousins from Greenville Tennessee.

They and a fourth still-unidentified man were celebrating Raders' 19th birthday in the hotel room.

"I think they just came back from Florida, so I don't know if they came back from Florida to stop here. Apparently they were just going place-to-place with this counterfeit check cashing scheme," Carroll said.

The victim met with Mr. Knight, the two girls and the fourth person at the Favorite Market at 23rd Street and Dodds Avenue about 11:30 p.m. Monday night, Carroll said. After a conversation all of them then went up the hill to the Kings Lodge.

Officers responding to the scene reported Greens' brother and another man waited outside the hotel room while Green went inside.

Carroll added "shortly after being in the room they heard scuffling and gunshots. Ms. Rader exits out the door, and the other girl climbed over the front balcony."

Greens' brother and his friend told officers the suspect also fired shots at them as he got away.

Green suffered two gunshot wounds to his back and was unresponsive when paramedics arrived. He was pronounced dead at Erlanger Medical Center.

During the investigation police found evidence in the hotel room that Knight and the two women were involved with other crimes.

Carroll said they found a stack "two, three, four inches thick of blank business checks. And it was obvious it was a counterfeit check cashing scam that was going on."

Carroll explained officers found a computer and a high quality printer and evidence they made a lot of money with counterfeit checks.

"Once they get the money they're going on all kinds of shopping sprees. I mean, this room was full of all kinds of clothing," Carroll said.

Carroll said the women are wanted on numerous counterfeit charges from the Morristown area. Mr. Knight denies being at the Kings Lodge or involved with the murder and check scheme, and is fighting extradition from Georgia.

MrEvents
December 9th, 2006, 07:58 PM
We were told the same thing last year but we stayed at a place so-called "insiders" said was DANGEROUS despite us staying there over several years. I edited my last post if you noted. If the pushing of major chains which charge twice as much or more is the intent then bravo but no need to say we will DIE at the Kings Lodge. That is FALSE. I will prove it this year. Just above the edge of decency and civic responsibilty for you I thought. They were VERY surprised by it as well.

Once again, why would I push a major chain? Go back and read any of my posts on this board or any others. I have posted numerous properties and in several areas. I have no interest in any of them other than a great experience while in Chattanooga.

Your implication of me receiving some kind of financial gain is offensive to me and I don't appreciate it. I don't have to come on any of these Boards and answer any questions about Chattanooga, but I enjoy it and you damn sure don't see the CVB folks doing it.

Say whatever you want to defend your position of staying wherever you choose. I realize you can probably die most anywhere and that wasn't the jest of my post.

This was less than 4 months ago......
Very nice : smh :

chattanoogamocs
Uh, I think DYING IS DANGEROUS. BTW, cmocs, you said alot of the same stuff last year about where we have stayed for years.

Find me a quote please...I don't remember saying anything like that (except for posting links to articles, I don't remember saying much at all last year)

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 08:06 PM
All I tried to do was explain the reason why Mr Events considered Kings Lodge unsafe...as far as I know, it is the only hotel in the Chattanooga to have a murder this year, so that might be a bit of a red flag to some

...but you know what, there were no murders the other 364 days, so I am sure it will be fine.

Ya know, someone asked a question...Mr Events gave his opinion and he got jumped on...all I did was try to clarify what he said and I got jumped on too.

So from now on, I will just keep my opinions to myself.

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2006, 08:07 PM
If you have a little extra coin, I recommend the StoneFort Inn. Excellent classically furnished B&B!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Very nice : smh :

...and actually it was not even 3 months ago (Sept 20th). Is something like that not relevant to the conversation?

appstate1998
December 9th, 2006, 08:16 PM
well the town of boone is about 2 miles long...in the past year we've had several murder suspects, a student beaten to death and set on fire in his car, another student killed and dumped on the side of the street, and tons of drug crazy people....but did anyone who came to boone for the game die???? Get over yourself....every town in america can be dangerous at some point. I stayed at the hotel you are talking about last year and am staying there this year as well...hopefully I don't die accorinding to you

December 9th, 2006, 08:34 PM
yeah, Chatty is a safe town... come to Chicagoland and check out the murder stories! EVERYBODY come to Chatty and stay where you might find it appropriate for your party or price range. Can't go wrong. Follow the advice of MrEvents etc. because those are very nice hotels, albeit a bit pricy.

December 9th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Find me a quote please...I don't remember saying anything like that (except for posting links to articles, I don't remember saying much at all last year)so sorry if I got you wrong but someone said the place we were staying was pretty sketchy. Anyway,

COME TO CHATTY EVERYONE!!

ncguitarplyr
December 9th, 2006, 08:50 PM
my friends picked the cheapest they could find which ended up being a $50 super 8 "somewhere in chattanooga"...anybody got any experiences with it?

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
NO NO NO!!!! Not there. If there is a "bad" area in Chattanooga that is absolutely it. Sleep in your car or something. This game isn't worth dying for!!!! Not kidding.

Seriously, I imagine there are several cancelled reservations from the losing teams. Keep trying these hotels:

Staybridge
Chattanooga Marriott
Sheraton Read House
Chattanooga Choo Choo Holiday Inn
Clarion
Hilton Garden Inn
Courtyard by Marriott
Residence Inn

Lookout Valley is about 7 minutes away. Try these:
Holiday Inn Express
Country Suites

Shallowford Road area near Hamilton Place Mall:
Hilton Garden Inn
Country Suites
Comfort
Wingate
Sleep Inn
Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express

There are others but I can't remember them all.
the majority of those hotels are booked.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
In 2004, we stayed in Cleveland, TN at Holiday Inn Express/Suites....it's about 20 miles north of Chatty. We drove in by 4:30 and parked by the stadium and enjoyed the activities at the Pavillion. We had a great time and saved money.

If you are there to party......get wasted....stay near the stadium.......

If you want some good southern cooking...try the Red Lantern Inn....it's about three blocks from the stadium......

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 09:16 PM
the majority of those hotels are booked.

I wonder how many of them were pre-booked by Montana and YSU fans? Did they say if rooms might free up?

There is also a cluster of hotels in East Ridge (which is the first exit inside Tennessee...coming from Atlanta...on I-75). It only takes about 6-8 minutes on the interstate to get to the stadium from there.

Here is link to a list of hotels that are members of the Chattanooga Sports and Events Committee...

http://www.chattanoogasports.org/hotel03.html

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
In 2004, we stayed in Cleveland, TN at Holiday Inn Express/Suites....it's about 20 miles north of Chatty. We drove in by 4:30 and parked by the stadium and enjoyed the activities at the Pavillion. We had a great time and saved money.

If you are there to party......get wasted....stay near the stadium.......

If you want some good southern cooking...try the Red Lantern Inn....it's about three blocks from the stadium......

If no luck in the Chattanooga area...
Cleveland, TN and Dalton, GA are both only about 30 miles away from downtown Chattanooga (one north, one south)...it is a quick trip as both are right on I-75...and it is all interstate to the stadium.

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
here is another way to look...

go to google maps and type in "hotels chattanooga"

There are four pages of results on the map for hotels (with the first one's all being the properties downtown). Finley is right about where Interstate 24 and Highway 27 intersect.

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I wonder how many of them were pre-booked by Montana and YSU fans?[/url]

I wonder when cancellations will come through and free up rooms...

SHERATON READ HOUSE HOTEL - SOLD OUT
DAYS INN RIVERGATE CHATTANOOGA- SOLD OUT
MARRIOTT CHATTANOOGA CONVENTION CENTER - SOLD OUT
CHATTANOOGAN - SOLD OUT
STAYBRIDGE SUITES - SOLD OUT
CLARION HOTEL CHATTANOOGA - SOLD OUT
CLARION HOTEL CHATTANOOGA - SOLD OUT
HILTON GARDEN INN CHATTANOOGA - SOLD OUT
RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT CHATTANOOGA - SOLD OUT
COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT CHATTANOOGA DOWNTOWN - SOLD OUT
CHATTANOOGA DAYS INN LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN/DOWNTOWN - SOLD OUT
AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN AND SUITES - SOLD OUT
HAMPTON INN CHATTANOOGA-DOWNTOWN/LOOKOUT MTN - SOLD OUT
COMFORT SUITES CHATTANOOGA - SOLD OUT

to name a few nearby ones

December 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM
...Here is link to a list of hotels that are members of the Chattanooga Sports and Events Committee...

http://www.chattanoogasports.org/hotel03.htmlKing's Lodge, where I and most of the CSN crew will be staying is on that list.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Cleveland, TN and Dalton, GA are both only about 30 miles away from downtown Chattanooga (one north, one south)...it is a quick trip as both are right on I-75...and it is all interstate to the stadium.
Is the Red Lantern Inn still open? Most of the establishments around the stadium was packed.......some of the locals told us about the Red Lantern....no wait.....good food......there were a few Griz and Dukes fans there......

igo4uni
December 9th, 2006, 09:35 PM

Maybe we just got lucky last year, but we were able to switch from the Choo Choo to the Marriott on the Thursday before the game without any problem. Man, I wish I was planning a trip to Chatty right now!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

igo4uni
December 9th, 2006, 09:36 PM
King's Lodge, where I and most of the CSN crew will be staying is on that list.

Ralph, will you be singing in the hotel bar the night before the game???

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM
yep...anyone that wants to pay to be a supporting member of the GCSEC is on the list.

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Is the Red Lantern Inn still open? Most of the establishments around the stadium was packed.......some of the locals told us about the Red Lantern....no wait.....good food......there were a few Griz and Dukes fans there......

That place goes out of business about every year or so :) ...but someone else always comes in and opens it back up...it has been there a long, long time.

Also, of course, is T-Bones Sports Cafe, which is basically over by the northeast end of the Finley parking lot (of course, it will be absolutely packed).

Best places to go downtown to hang and party (hopefully I wont be accused of taking kick back for mentioning places that I like)

Taco Mac (were all the UC college kids hang)...40+ beers on tap...160 something in stock

Big River (the late 20's to mid 30's hangout)...they brew their own...my favorite, the Southern Flyer...and the Wheat.

Attached to Big River is Rhythm and Brews (note: my father is the owner, so I am biased)...the best performance venue in town (so says the NY Times)...performing this week...

WILL HOGE BAND w/ THE MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA & GASOLINE HEART
Fri Dec 15 at 10:00 PM

PERPETUAL GROOVE
Sat Dec 16 at 10:00 PM

Mellow Mushroom is also cool

...there is Buffalo Wild Wings

...and the coolest new hangout is Hair of the Dog Pub (2-story English Pub)...it is pretty small and always packed...but a great place to get a beer and some English pub food.

If you make it across the river to my side of town (North Chattabooga aka the North Shore/Coolidge Park)...you have Black Sheep Pub (a bit hippie-ish, with some interesting alt music...a lot of reggae), The Local (good local bands), NorthShore Grille...not my favorite place to eat, but a good place to drink...and my favorite hole in the wall, The North Chatt Cat.

...and if you are over on the North Shore (cool shopping area), drop by Winder Binder Gallery of Folk Art (Tin Toys, Vintage Books, Folk Art) and say hi. :thumbsup:

Grizo406
December 9th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Before I left for the game last night, I had reservations at the Chattanooga Holiday Inn. Had my fight booked, and everything was in place...only trouble is that UMass showed up Missoula, and played a hell of a game.

I should go, but 3500+ of my closest friends can't get off work as they had planned to.

Thanks a lot, Baylark!:bawling: :bawling: :thumbsup:

Henny
December 9th, 2006, 11:09 PM
If something opens up at the Clarion go for it. Very nice and just a few blocks up from the stadium. Also close to establishments for post game activities.

chattanoogamocs
December 9th, 2006, 11:17 PM
also, Chattanooga has a great FREE electric shuttle service downtown provide by CARTA.

To find out more info, click below (for times, etc)

http://www.carta-bus.org/routes/elec_shuttle.asp

There is also a map of the shuttle route (you can see it runs right through the heart of downtown, from the Aquarium to the Choo Choo...and close to the stadium).

http://www.carta-bus.org/pdfs/MikeShuttleMap.pdf

Did I mention it was free?

Also, down on the riverfront, there is a water taxi that can take you from the Aquarium over to my side on the NorthShore...it is a neat thing to do and I believe a roundtrip is only $3.

HiHiYikas
December 9th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Is it possible to pass along reservatino information to another person, assuming of course that other person pays the bill?

Or, how long will it be before cancelled rooms show up as available on the internet?

gamesaver22
December 10th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Whats the Microtel like? Its cheap i know that is over in halmiton place(Close to Shallowford Rd) Is it ok to stay in?

Tubby Raymond
December 10th, 2006, 05:01 PM
If something opens up at the Clarion go for it. Very nice and just a few blocks up from the stadium. Also close to establishments for post game activities.

Ditto on the Clarion

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga

I'm booked here, anyone know how far from the stadium, bars, and such this one is.

I can't wait till friday baby!!!

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Whats the Microtel like? Its cheap i know that is over in halmiton place(Close to Shallowford Rd) Is it ok to stay in?

All the hotels over by Hamilton Place have been built in the last decade, so I would assume most are pretty nice (from the standpoint of not being old or run down)

chattanoogamocs
December 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga

I'm booked here, anyone know how far from the stadium, bars, and such this one is.

I can't wait till friday baby!!!

Hilton Garden Inn is right down near the river...within a block or two of most of the downtown restaurants and bars. :thumbsup:

It is about 12 blocks from the stadium (your hotel is on 3rd street, MLK is 9th street...convention center is on more block down...and the stadium is about 3 blocks further).

I think the Garden Inn was the official ASU headquarters for the SoCon basketball tournament 2 years ago, all the ASU fans hung at Big River (which is just a block over).

MrEvents
December 10th, 2006, 06:44 PM
There is also a Hilton Garden Inn on Shallowford Road at Exit 5 on I-75. If it's that one, you'll be 15 + or - minutes at the most to the stadium.

MrEvents
December 10th, 2006, 06:46 PM

The MicroTel is tucked around behind all of the other facilities in that area. I woud think it would, at the very least, be quiet.

Mountaineer#96
December 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Hilton Garden Inn is right down near the river...within a block or two of most of the downtown restaurants and bars. :thumbsup:

It is about 12 blocks from the stadium (your hotel is on 3rd street, MLK is 9th street...convention center is on more block down...and the stadium is about 3 blocks further).

I think the Garden Inn was the official ASU headquarters for the SoCon basketball tournament 2 years ago, all the ASU fans hung at Big River (which is just a block over).

Thanks, yeah I think we are in the one downtown near the river...........its gonna be a good one! I hope some of fellow SoCon UTC friends can put on some black and gold and show up.:nod:

bluehenbillk
December 11th, 2006, 07:17 AM
I read it may be sold out, but when I went to 'Nooga I stayed at the Sheraton Read House, very nice hotel, I was impressed, would recommend to anyone.

MYTAPPY
December 11th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Noogamocs, I got a room at the Days Inn on E.20th St. What is the lowdown on it?

CharlestonAppFan
December 11th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I got a room at the Holiday Inn on Shallowford Village Road. How far is that from the stadium? all hotels downtown were sold out......got one easy last year but they were sold out at halftime of our game already.

DrG
December 11th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I got a room at the Holiday Inn on Shallowford Village Road. How far is that from the stadium? all hotels downtown were sold out......got one easy last year but they were sold out at halftime of our game already.
I got a room out that way also. I guess there are bunch of hotels off Exit 5 of I-75. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the stadium, all highway.

Lizzie_ASUband
December 11th, 2006, 09:27 AM
the hotel that the band is in still has rooms available (i was checking it out for some friends) not many, but they still have some.

CharlestonAppFan
December 11th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I got a room out that way also. I guess there are bunch of hotels off Exit 5 of I-75. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the stadium, all highway.

Not too bad then, although I hope one of my friends will stay sober long enough to drive us after the game. Anway, Dr, come by and have a beer before we go down to tailgating. It should be a great game and love to meet a lot of you UMass fans. UNI fans last year were OK for the most part.....

DrG
December 11th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Sounds like a plan to me, CharlestonAppFan. There may not be that many of us there, at least not as many as I'd like, but you'll probably like the ones you meet.

Pards Rule
December 12th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Where is the Microtel Inn in relation to the stadium? It is a good cheap sleep chain: www.microtelinn.com

Pards Rule
December 12th, 2006, 09:09 AM
The MicroTel is tucked around behind all of the other facilities in that area. I woud think it would, at the very least, be quiet.

Good chain, they focus on very reasonable rates and nearly all of their facilities have been built since 1994. By the master franchise agreement, no "resigns" are allowed or the exisiting franchisees can keep the Microtel affiliation yet pay no royalties (smart move as it is a heavy disincentive now with nearly 275 motels open). Microtel Inns was bought by Hyatt in 2000.

BeauFoster
December 12th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Sounds like a plan to me, CharlestonAppFan. There may not be that many of us there, at least not as many as I'd like, but you'll probably like the ones you meet.

I have a legit question for you...are the UMass fans going to make fun of us southerners who drink Bud Light? I was at a bar in Minneapolis one time and caught straight hell for it. But they were all drinking Bud Ice, so they had no room to talk. It is always funny to meet "beer snobs"

Old Cage
December 12th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Only if Sam Adams Light has made its way to you and you are still drinking the Bud Light.

http://www.samueladams.com/world_of_beer.aspx

DrG
December 12th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I have a legit question for you...are the UMass fans going to make fun of us southerners who drink Bud Light? I was at a bar in Minneapolis one time and caught straight hell for it. But they were all drinking Bud Ice, so they had no room to talk. It is always funny to meet "beer snobs"
I think you'd find the predominant beers of choice at a UMass tailgate are Bud Light and Coors Light. Please don't confuse us with BC.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Only if Sam Adams Light has made its way to you and you are still drinking the Bud Light.

http://www.samueladams.com/world_of_beer.aspx
I'm a southern boy, but I still like Sam Adams Light very much............. I am able to understand what good beer is, since its easy to see when they put High Life in clear bottles.

Mountaineer#96
December 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I think you'd find the predominant beers of choice at a UMass tailgate are Bud Light and Coors Light.
I think the student App fan's usual choice is Busch Light..........and some bourbon here and there.

DrG
December 12th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I think the student App fan's usual choice is Busch Light..........and some bourbon here and there.
I'm OK with that. Maker's Mark got me through the second half of the UNH game when the temperature dipped into the low 30s.

ncguitarplyr
December 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
i don't like beer period...i just drink whiskey....but i don't drink until after the game and thats only if we win (even though youd think id wanna drink it more if we lost)

spoogemcgee18
December 12th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Anybody know how the Chattanooga Choo Choo is? I got a suite there.

chattanoogamocs
December 13th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Anybody know how the Chattanooga Choo Choo is? I got a suite there.

It could probably use a 21st century update room wise (but that kinda stuff doesn't bother me)...but it is a good hotel and it is one true hubs of activity that weekend (with the sportsnetwork awards being hosted there...and usually one of the teams is there) and it is close to the stadium (it is also one end point of the free shuttle that goes down to the Aquarium)

Choo Choo and the Marriott seem to be "the" best places for championship game excitement.

MrEvents
December 13th, 2006, 04:55 AM
It could probably use a 21st century update room wise (but that kinda stuff doesn't bother me)...but it is a good hotel and it is one true hubs of activity that weekend (with the sportsnetwork awards being hosted there...and usually one of the teams is there) and it is close to the stadium (it is also one end point of the free shuttle that goes down to the Aquarium)

Choo Choo and the Marriott seem to be "the" best places for championship game excitement.

Except no team is staying there this year and the awards program has also been moved to the Sheraton Read House.

And yes the Choo Choo needs a makeover. They have replaced carpet and wallpaper in the Ballroom and surrounding areas but there is so much more that would help it. Should be fine for this wekends activities though.

bamamountaineer1013
December 13th, 2006, 05:09 AM
last year my buddies and i (four of us) stayed at a hotel that was seven blocks away from the stadium and about two blocks from downtown, very nice place, valet parking, a bar and a restaurant inside, all that jazz and it was only 20 bones for all of us to stay there, i wish i could remember the name of it it was either the clarion or the residence inn

spoogemcgee18
December 13th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I just switched to the Chattanoogan. Gotta do this in style ; )

AppStateSVX
December 13th, 2006, 01:14 PM
i'm in the Comfort Inn. they had an ASU special too 52.00 for a room

BeauFoster
December 13th, 2006, 01:16 PM
i'm in the Comfort Inn. they had an ASU special too 52.00 for a room

Which Comfort Inn? Tell me it isn't Williams Street...I will be pissed if I paid $75 and wasn't told about a special rate.

AppStateSVX
December 13th, 2006, 01:46 PM
^ nope, it's the one on Hamilton Park Drive

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2006, 03:18 PM
DERE'S UH OL' REFRIGERATOR BOX..UNDER DUH.......RAILROAD...TRESTLE........ON GENERAL LEE BLVD....ONLY UH 1/2 BLOCK...FROM DUH CHATTY WAFFLE HOUSE....(UH LATRINE..DAT SERVES WAFFLES!)........TAKE UH HORSIE DRAWN COACH RIDE........TA DUH AQUARIUM.....WHERE YA'LL CAN ENJOY......."ZIPPY"..DUH 108 YEAR OLD...SEA TORTISE.......MAKE YER WAY TA DUH STADIUM AREA.....WHERE CLOWNS & JUGGLERS......WILL ENTERTAIN.......TIL DUH PUNTERS & KICKERS & RETURN MEN........COME OUT...TA STRETCH.........MIGHT WANNA THINK 'BOUT......FINDIN' YER SEAT......GET SEVERALAH..HOT DOGS......BY NOW YOU'LL NEED UH BEER SPONGE......MIGHT WANNA TAKE ONE LAST.....POTTY BREAK..........NATIONAL ANTHEM.....LIGHTS..CAMERA.....ACTION!

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2006, 09:48 PM
ANYONE...STILL HOMELESS......IN 'NOOGAH?.......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2006, 09:49 PM
ANYONE...STILL HOMELESS....IN...'NOOGAH?

appsfan
December 13th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I'm staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites on I-75 exit 1 (near the I-24 intersection.) It is about 9 miles from the stadium and they had a few rooms left earlier in the week.