PDA

View Full Version : NCAA playoff criteria for at-large

The Cats
November 9th, 2015, 05:22 PM
OK, what's the real scoop on the requirement for D-I wins to be eligible to receive an at-large bid? is it 7 or is it 6?

I thought I read somewhere back when they upped the number of playoff sports to 24, the also lowered the number of D-1 wins to 6, or did I just dream that?

AggieManiac704
November 9th, 2015, 05:26 PM
OK, what's the real scoop on the requirement for D-I wins to be eligible to receive an at-large bid? is it 7 or is it 6?

I thought I read somewhere back when they upped the number of playoff sports to 24, the also lowered the number of D-1 wins to 6, or did I just dream that?

I thought it was still 7

skinny_uncle
November 9th, 2015, 06:08 PM
I think it was changed to 6, but in practicality most years there will be enough teams with 7+ wins, it won't happen.

melloware13
November 9th, 2015, 06:57 PM
"The won-lost record of a team will be scrutinized to determine a team’s strength of schedule; however, fewer thansix Division I wins may place a team in jeopardy of not being selected"

From: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2015-16_DIFCS_PreChamps_20150924.pdf page 16

melloware13
November 9th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Also, the official teams ineligible as per the NCAA Manual:
Jacksonville
Gardner-Webb
Florida A&M
Savannah State
Alabama State
Abilene Christian
Incarnate Word

catamount man
November 9th, 2015, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=The Cats;2282066]OK, what's the real scoop on the requirement for D-I wins to be eligible to receive an at-large bid? is it 7 or is it 6?

I was told this weekend that 2016 may see our last d2 for a while. Seems that the deal with G-W is gonna help scheduling. Was also told a major facilities update is forthcoming and soon. Exciting times. GO CATS!!!