PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it time for the "fire Bobby Hauck" talk to start?

D1B
December 9th, 2006, 02:14 PM
???????????? It usually starts about now.:rolleyes:

griz37
December 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
:rotateh:

Nice one D1B. I think most of Griz nation is pretty pleased w/how the season turned out considering we lost our best player before the season even started. You may however get some talk about the OC being fired.

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2006, 02:17 PM
More like the "fire Phenicie" talk

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Collective groans were heard when Phenecie was not fired LAST season.

nlwwln
December 9th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Lemme give my two cents on the game. I saw the whole thing from start to finish. First you have to start out by saying it was a great game and both teams faught hard to the end. To me this UMass team was above and beyond any 1aa team ive ever seen play before. I was taken back by how big their lines were not to mention athletic and their skill players lets just say they were impressive, physically these guys were intimidating. The first thought that came to mind when I saw montana was undersized. As the game played out I was very encouraged by montanas play. I thought since they looked undersized that UMass would pretty much control the game. What I saw in montana was a very dedicated team who was extremly well coached. I would say that UMass and Montana have very different standards when it comes to recruiting. Montana will take the guy who is a bit undersized but can also play with anyone in the country, they like those lean wirey physiques in their athletes. Theres something to be said for that though I guess you can just refer to them as "montana guys". UMass on the otherhand gets the transfers and guys who look the part. what can you say though it seems to be workin pretty well for them, they looked really good. I was kinda disapointed in swoggers play which I imagine all montana fans are. didnt look like he played with any urgency and in all honesty it looked like he coulda gave two s#*ts about if they won or lost. Ill tell you what I did like though, tuff harris and that colt guy. they look like they are true montanians. What happened to lex hilliard?

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Lemme give my two cents on the game. I saw the whole thing from start to finish. First you have to start out by saying it was a great game and both teams faught hard to the end. To me this UMass team was above and beyond any 1aa team ive ever seen play before. I was taken back by how big their lines were not to mention athletic and their skill players lets just say they were impressive, physically these guys were intimidating. The first thought that came to mind when I saw montana was undersized. As the game played out I was very encouraged by montanas play. I thought since they looked undersized that UMass would pretty much control the game. What I saw in montana was a very dedicated team who was extremly well coached. I would say that UMass and Montana have very different standards when it comes to recruiting. Montana will take the guy who is a bit undersized but can also play with anyone in the country, they like those lean wirey physiques in their athletes. Theres something to be said for that though I guess you can just refer to the as "montana guys". UMass on the otherhand gets the transfers and guys who look the part. what can you say though it seems to be workin pretty well for them, they looked really good. I was kinda disapointed in swoggers play which I imagine all montana fans are. didnt look like he played with any urgency and in all honesty it looked like he coulda gave two s#*ts about if they won or lost. Ill tell you what I did like though, tuff harris and that colt guy. they look like they are true montanians. What happened to lex hilliard?

Hilliard ruptured his achilles before the season started. He's also a MT guy.

All of Griz Nation loves Tuff Harris - the little guy who's not afraid to take on anyone. I think he showed that last night. Like you, I love watching the scrappy little guys on the field. Big fan of Todd Zibakowski (or however you spell it) at Notre Dame.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Lemme give my two cents on the game. I saw the whole thing from start to finish. First you have to start out by saying it was a great game and both teams faught hard to the end. To me this UMass team was above and beyond any 1aa team ive ever seen play before. I was taken back by how big their lines were not to mention athletic and their skill players lets just say they were impressive, physically these guys were intimidating. The first thought that came to mind when I saw montana was undersized. As the game played out I was very encouraged by montanas play. I thought since they looked undersized that UMass would pretty much control the game. What I saw in montana was a very dedicated team who was extremly well coached. I would say that UMass and Montana have very different standards when it comes to recruiting. Montana will take the guy who is a bit undersized but can also play with anyone in the country, they like those lean wirey physiques in their athletes. Theres something to be said for that though I guess you can just refer to them as "montana guys". UMass on the otherhand gets the transfers and guys who look the part. what can you say though it seems to be workin pretty well for them, they looked really good. I was kinda disapointed in swoggers play which I imagine all montana fans are. didnt look like he played with any urgency and in all honesty it looked like he coulda gave two s#*ts about if they won or lost. Ill tell you what I did like though, tuff harris and that colt guy. they look like they are true montanians. What happened to lex hilliard?

I don't know if I think UM should get rid of the OC. It depends. I don't think you can blame last night on coaching. Swogger had plenty of time to get the ball away but kept making bad and off target throws. On that interception at the end of the game, it looked like the Montana receiver had the UMass defender beat, but since Swogger underthrew the pass the UMass guy got the pick and ended the game. If that has been the case all season for the Griz, I don't see how you can blame the OC.

Also, I think UMass looks very beatable. I think Appy could beat them. Assuming ASU doesn't fall apart today, I think they will be UMass' opponent in Chatty.

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I don't know if I think UM should get rid of the OC. It depends. I don't think you can blame last night on coaching. Swogger had plenty of time to get the ball away but kept making bad and off target throws. On that interception at the end of the game, it looked like the Montana receiver had the UMass defender beat, but since Swogger underthrew the pass the UMass guy got the pick and ended the game. If that has been the case all season for the Griz, I don't see how you can blame the OC.

Also, I think UMass looks very beatable. I think Appy could beat them. Assuming ASU doesn't fall apart today, I think they will be UMass' opponent in Chatty.

While the game was lost last night due to many factors, our OC should be fired. Of all the teams I've seen play this year, and it hurts to say this, Montana has had the weakest offensive playbook. I've been a montana fan since birth, and I've never seen playcalling like this.

We're not blaming the OC for the loss last night, but I can blame him for being a horrible OC all year long. If that's not enough to get a guy canned, I don't know what is.

Peems
December 9th, 2006, 05:40 PM
While the game was lost last night due to many factors, our OC should be fired. Of all the teams I've seen play this year, and it hurts to say this, Montana has had the weakest offensive playbook. I've been a montana fan since birth, and I've never seen playcalling like this.

We're not blaming the OC for the loss last night, but I can blame him for being a horrible OC all year long. If that's not enough to get a guy canned, I don't know what is.

i agree. today in the paper Swogger said on the final throw it was a read play and he thought schulte was going to come back, but it clearly looked like schulte had the guy beat. also there were a few times that on corner routes swogger just plain threw it over the guy. he has a rocket arm but no touch and he isnt always accurate and for those reasons i think we saw swogger play his big time football game. Yeah and lets get a new OC:nod:

Grizo406
December 9th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I don't think we need a new coach, but SOMETHING needs to be done at OC for us.

I feel real bad for Swogger. He's got the capability, but he sure didn't have it last night. If he was on his game, the outcome would have been much different.

We were simply outplayed, out coached, and the better team won, period.

My hat is off to UMass!

AlphaSigMD
December 9th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Hilliard ruptured his achilles before the season started. He's also a MT guy.

All of Griz Nation loves Tuff Harris - the little guy who's not afraid to take on anyone. I think he showed that last night. Like you, I love watching the scrappy little guys on the field. Big fan of Todd Zibakowski (or however you spell it) at Notre Dame.

You Mean Tom Zbikowski?

I wouldn't go calling the brother small either...6'0- 210. He also fought in the heavyweight division in madison square garden and knocked the guy out in something like 49 seconds.

Proud Griz Man
December 9th, 2006, 08:19 PM
12 Wins and 2 Losses is pretty good in my opinion.

Losing last night stings and people say irrational things due to frustration.

I know D1B is just trying to start a debate and razzing the Griz fans, but I would like to know if UNI or Delaware or William & Mary or ________ (insert your team's name) is going to **** can its coaching staff.

Flame away firestarters!! :splat: :splat: :splat:

putter
December 9th, 2006, 09:57 PM
It will start right after the "fire Farley" threads begin! xlolx

Mountaineer
December 9th, 2006, 10:04 PM
With what appears to a very good Montana team coming back next year - I'm gonna go ahead say you guys will be alright. :nod: :bow:

There's always coach talk and speculation after a loss. You should've seen the firestorm over Moore back in 2004, and he turned out to do pretty well.