November 9th, 2015, 11:42 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21711&stc=1

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I still don't understand CCU @ #4...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
November 9th, 2015, 11:46 AM
I don't understand us at #2...somewhere between 4-7, sure....#2? I dunno about all that...

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Coastal at #4 is ridiculous. Other than that it's surprisingly good. Move CCU below everyone shown on screen and move everyone else up 1 and I think that's really good.

veinup
November 9th, 2015, 11:48 AM
i cant see the whole poll

i need to see the whole pole

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2015, 11:48 AM
How good can it be if Harvard isn't in the Top 8? xlolx

Bisonator
November 9th, 2015, 11:50 AM

Here you gohttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XvSPJIB6L._SY355_.jpg

jmrepak
November 9th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I still don't understand CCU @ #4...

Meanwhile both of NDSU's losses are to unranked opponents and Coastal's is to the 8th ranked team. None of this makes sense. At this point I'm just rolling with it. I will admit I didn't figure us for 4th though. I figured 5th or 6th.

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2015, 11:51 AM
I don't understand us at #2...somewhere between 4-7, sure....#2? I dunno about all that...
That's where you are in my vote this week. You've won every game &got a little lucky avoiding injury & loss at LSU. I feel you're definitely a top-5 team.

Professor Chaos

http://web-images.chacha.com/images/Gallery/5808/who-are-the-most-lovable-idiots-on-tv-1876240108-apr-30-2013-1-600x500.jpg

You teed that one up.

rokamortis
Coastal at #4 is ridiculous. Other than that it's surprisingly good. Move CCU below everyone shown on screen and move everyone else up 1 and I think that's really good.

But if you saw the CSU game in person, it isn't a bad loss

xnodx

xdrunkyx

BEAR
November 9th, 2015, 11:52 AM
I'm on the website and the poll isn't up yet. Or it won't load. It's blank! xrolleyesx

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 11:55 AM
But if you saw the CSU game in person, it isn't a bad loss

xnodx

xdrunkyx
I didn't see the CSU game in person and it isn't a bad loss but CCU's best win is now ranked in the 30s in the AGS poll.

Southern Bison
November 9th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Meanwhile both of NDSU's losses are to unranked opponents and Coastal's is to the 8th ranked team. None of this makes sense. At this point I'm just rolling with it. I will admit I didn't figure us for 4th though. I figured 5th or 6th.
Pak, I was at the CSU game...I saw a good O get tripped up by a good assignment D while the Chants D couldn't stop the option run. The Furman game was won on the KO returned for a TD. The SOS is also what hurts your standing.

BEAR
Anyone have a link for the entire coaches poll? xlolx

Also a link for the SOS for each team.

jmrepak
I didn't see the CSU game in person and it isn't a bad loss but CCU's best win is now ranked in the 30s in the AGS poll.
Where are those teams you lost to ranked. You know that one that you let beat you in your own house which hadn't been done by them since the '70's. Half of these rankings are out of respect for previous years' performance.

veinup
November 9th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Anyone have a link for the entire coaches poll? xlolx

AYYYYYYYYYY now we're talkin xawesomex

rokamortis
November 9th, 2015, 11:58 AM

The higher we are ranked then the better it makes our loss look ....

http://media.giphy.com/media/OK27wINdQS5YQ/giphy.gif

Anyway - I was just throwing back to the Montana discussion. This season almost every team has good and bad arguments to be made.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Where are those teams you lost to ranked. You know that one that you let beat you in your own house which hadn't been done by them since the '70's. Half of these rankings are out of respect for previous years' performance.
Not this **** again. How about the teams we beat in the top 25? How many top 25 teams has CC beat??

jmrepak
November 9th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Pak, I was at the CSU game...I saw a good O get tripped up by a good assignment D while the Chants D couldn't stop the option run. The Furman game was won on the KO returned for a TD. The SOS is also what hurts your standing.

SoS has always been an issue for us. SoCon had another game scheduled with us but cancelled and the CAA basically refuses to schedule us (seriously, we haven't played them outside of the playoffs since 2010 I think and even then its only been 3 or 4 times). I'm not sure what else we can do to put a decent schedule together without traveling 1500-2000 miles for a game.

jmrepak
November 9th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Not this **** again. How about the teams we beat in the top 25? How many top 25 teams has CC beat??
You're right. I can't argue that. What I can argue is the fact that you have the same number of wins against top 25 teams as you do losses to teams outside of it.

I'm not arguing against NDSU. I like NDSU and have a ton of respect for them, but if you are going to trash Coastal at #4 based on our record then I've got to do the same to the Bison this year at #2 for theirs.

rokamortis
November 9th, 2015, 12:09 PM
You're right. I can't argue that. What I can argue is the fact that you have the same number of wins against top 25 teams as you do losses to teams outside of it.

I'm not arguing against NDSU. I like NDSU and have a ton of respect for them, but if you are going to trash Coastal at #4 based on our record then I've got to do the same to the Bison this year at #2 for theirs.

I think the point you made earlier is what is lost, some teams are being given respect for previous accomplishments. Coastal for sure. NDSU likely as well.

FormerPokeCenter
November 9th, 2015, 12:09 PM
I like NDSU and have a ton of respect for them, but if you are going to trash Coastal at #4 based on our record then I've got to do the same to the Bison this year at #2 for theirs.

You need to listen to this album and heed the title's advice! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pICad2mOfMo

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I don't lose to anybody.

However, my team lost to USD and Montana who are ranked higher than any team CCU has played outside of CSU.

BisonTru
November 9th, 2015, 12:13 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

RANK
TEAM
RECORD

Jacksonville State (25)
8-1

McNeese State (1)
9-0

North Dakota State
7-2

Coastal Carolina
8-1

South Dakota State
7-2

Illinois State
7-2

William & Mary
7-2

Charleston Southern
8-1

Chattanooga
7-2

Eastern Washington
6-3

James Madison
7-2

Richmond

Harvard
8-0

North Carolina A&T
8-1

Southern Utah
7-2

Portland State
7-2

Fordham
8-2

Sam Houston State
6-3

Northern Iowa
5-4

The Citadel
7-2

Youngstown State
5-4

Montana
5-4

Bethune-Cookman
8-2

Dartmouth
7-1
NR

Northern Arizona
6-3
NR

Dropped from rankings: Eastern Kentucky, Montana State
Others receiving votes: Towson 43, Central Arkansas 41, Grambling State 35, UT Martin 33, Eastern Kentucky 18, Dayton, 11, Western Carolina 6, North Dakota 5, South Dakota 4, Montana State 2, Villanova 2, Indiana State 1, Eastern Illinois 1, Bryant 1

bobcathpdevil56
November 9th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Whoever voted for MSU needs to be choad (?spelling?) punched.

jmrepak
November 9th, 2015, 12:19 PM
I think the point you made earlier is what is lost, some teams are being given respect for previous accomplishments. Coastal for sure. NDSU likely as well.
Exactly. Same as that Chuck South fan whining last night and calling Coastal a flash in the pan xcrazyx. People read past the point and/or the compliment and find the thing to be offended about so they can rebut it. I've already said we are a little higher than I thought we would be and that I have respect for NDSU, but I've made a valid point so they have to jump on it. I will say that Montana did climb into this poll though. They clocked in at 22nd so my point gets softened a bit.

wml33t
November 9th, 2015, 12:23 PM
SoS has always been an issue for us. SoCon had another game scheduled with us but cancelled and the CAA basically refuses to schedule us (seriously, we haven't played them outside of the playoffs since 2010 I think and even then its only been 3 or 4 times). I'm not sure what else we can do to put a decent schedule together without traveling 1500-2000 miles for a game.

How do you know the CAA refuses to play you? You sure you guys don't refuse to play the CAA?

rokamortis
November 9th, 2015, 12:24 PM
How do you know the CAA refuses to play you? You sure you guys don't refuse to play the CAA?

Refuse may be a little strong, but I've heard that the CAA is more than happy playing PFL and NEC teams.

jmrepak
November 9th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I'm sure we've tried to schedule more games against the conference but they wouldn't agree to it. That happened around the same time that they determined they would not issue us an invite to the conference. To my knowledge the only games we've been able to successfully schedule against the CAA was a H-H agreement with JMU, what ended up being a 2 for 1 with Towson and an away at Richmond when I was a grad student there. Its been over 5 years since we have been able to schedule a CAA.

Refuse may be a little strong, but I've heard that the CAA is more than happy playing PFL and NEC teams.

Exactly. That's where the basically part comes in from my OP.

Missingnumber7
November 9th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I look at CCUs performances against Presbyterian and Monmouth and that is more concerning than an 8 point loss to CSU.

I understand you can only play what is in front of you, especially when it comes to conference season, but that should also be looked at as you have to play what's in front of you. Some conferences are more of a walk in the park and others are nightmares, and it can change from season to season.

Other than the G-W game CCU hasn't been particularly unimpressive in conference play.

DaBizon
November 9th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Can't wait for playoff time and a chance for east coasters to see why the Bison are ranked where they are.
Gonna be some big blowouts and alot of people realizing that Missouri Valley football isn't the cupcake league they are used to playing

CappinHard
November 9th, 2015, 01:09 PM

That's what she said.

ysubigred
November 9th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Here you gohttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XvSPJIB6L._SY355_.jpg

Hey now!!!! That's my job to furnish the eye candy LOL!!

citdog
November 9th, 2015, 02:52 PM

the best thing will be a loss in the playoffs and then on to football obscurity in the sun blech

ursus arctos horribilis
November 9th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Can't wait for playoff time and a chance for east coasters to see why the Bison are ranked where they are.
Gonna be some big blowouts and alot of people realizing that Missouri Valley football isn't the cupcake league they are used to playing

Yeah, that's been the prevailing wisdom and a real big problem dude. Really nailing it on the head on that one.

dewey
November 9th, 2015, 02:59 PM

When did anyone ever say that the MVFC is a cupcake league? I believe after last year no one is inferring that the MVFC is a cupcake and most if not all would agree it is the top conference from top to bottom. The disagreement is CCU at #4 with a weak SOS and their only loss to a top 15-20 CSU team where NDSU lost to a top 25 Montana team and a ORV team in South Dakota. Who has the better resume?

Let's see.
NDSU
7-2 (5-1 MVFC tied for 1st place)
Losses
@ Montana 5-4 (#22 coaches poll, ORV in AGS poll...top 15 at game time)
South Dakota 5-4 (ORV coaches poll, ORV AGS poll)

Wins
North Dakota (ORV AGS poll)
@ SDSU (#4 AGS poll)
UNI (#14 AGS poll)
WIU (ORV AGS poll...top 25 at game time)

Coastal Carolina
8-1 (3-1 Big South 2nd place)
Loss
Charleston Southern (#10 AGS poll)

Wins
WIU (ORV AGS poll...I am not going to look it up...at game time)
Next best win is at Furman 38-35
2 1 score wins against Presbyterian and Monmouth

I am of the opinion that NDSU's schedule and quality of wins is better than CCU's but that is my opinion.

Dewey

jmrepak
November 9th, 2015, 03:00 PM
the best thing will be a loss in the playoffs and then on to football obscurity in the sun blech
That's funny coming from a guy whose team is under 500 all time and has had less playoff appearances in the entire history of the FCS Playoffs than Coastal has had in the last 5 years.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2015, 03:13 PM

Kind of like that blow out win against Coastal Carolina in last years playoff?xrolleyesx

rokamortis
November 9th, 2015, 03:14 PM
the best thing will be a loss in the playoffs and then on to football obscurity in the FauxCon

Here - fixed it for El Cid

citdog
November 9th, 2015, 03:17 PM
That's funny coming from a guy whose team is under 500 all time and has had less playoff appearances in the entire history of the FCS Playoffs than Coastal has had in the last 5 years.

Easy to say for a fella who follows a team whose former conference mates do NOT include ECU, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Marshall, Appy, Ga So, etc etc... the best thing about usc-coastal is that you will be gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA

Bison56
November 9th, 2015, 03:22 PM

Wow you are a jackass.

McNeese72
November 9th, 2015, 03:58 PM

What do coaches know? Unless they are preparing to play us, all they ever see are scores and records.

They don't see our misfiring offense. And, our defense , with its gaudy numbers, hasn't had to stop a good offense, yet.

Doc

CID1990
November 9th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Most of these ballots are cast by staffers.

Most FCS coaches can't even name the teams in conferences that dont overlap with them, and don't give a damn. Half the FCS coaches are just waiting to get hired as assistants or head coaches in FBS anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
November 9th, 2015, 08:19 PM

FOUR YEARS TOO LATE...WHIFF DAT....CHEST THUMPIN'.....MAY WANNAH...READ MO' THREADS....TA RAISE YER STATUS....FROM DUNCE....TA....GRASSHOPPER..xshhhx...AWK!