PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 10

superman7515
November 7th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Phew!! Well, another week in the books, and holy crap...

"Just when you think you got all the answers, I change the questions!"

As always, if you notice any errors, let me know so I can get it fixed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bi41y-oCe1anZLZSyygjQpAY0It-a5FxYMXX53dK8k4/edit?usp=sharing

And while you can't let anyone know where you placed a team, feel free to speak up for and against some teams, because with two weeks left in the season, this thing is as clear as mud.

For example: Who in the sweet blue hell keeps voting for Kennesaw State?!
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/b/b0/Moe_with_gun.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130508114155

ursus arctos horribilis
November 7th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Phew!! Well, another week in the books, and holy crap...

"Just when you think you got all the answers, I change the questions!"

As always, if you notice any errors, let me know so I can get it fixed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bi41y-oCe1anZLZSyygjQpAY0It-a5FxYMXX53dK8k4/edit?usp=sharing

And while you can't let anyone know where you placed a team, feel free to speak up for and against some teams, because with two weeks left in the season, this thing is as clear as mud.

For example: Who in the sweet blue hell keeps voting for Kennesaw State?!
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/b/b0/Moe_with_gun.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130508114155

I'll say this supey about some of the votes. It used to be that Blue Hen were the absolute top in a well thought out ballot. It isn't quite that way any more. Now it seems there is almost some sort of "point" trying to be made or something. I don't get it cuz I don't mess with people but it's almost as if there is some push to test boundaries with it. It's just a wierd thing going on that I don't understand but whatever floats it I guess. I've never seen the guys "making the point" as I coined it posting the ballot for the public so I'm not too sure they feel confident in the actions but maybe just don't feel like poisting it, I don't know.

Rest assured, I've asked and have gotten abrupt little answers as if I was stepping on toes so I figure screw it.

superman7515
November 7th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Rest assured, I've asked and have gotten abrupt little answers as if I was stepping on toes so I figure screw it.

Not blaming you guys who are checking the ballots, just thought I'd bring attention (again) to the fact they've built their winning record on a several sub-D1 wins. Hopefully someone will notice it this time, haha.

And speaking of sub-D1 wins... here's the updated list of everyone who can't make it to seven D1 wins this season (Ivy excluded because if they don't care, why should I?)...

Big Sky:
Cal Poly
Idaho State
Montana State
Northern Colorado
Sacramento State
UC Davis
Weber State

Big South:
Gardner-Webb
Kennesaw State
Monmouth
Presbyterian

Colonial:
Albany
Delaware
Elon
Maine
Rhode Island
Stony Brook

MEAC: (Still eligible for at-large bids)
Delaware State
Florida A&M
Hampton
Howard
Morgan State
Norfolk State
Savannah State

MVFC:
Indiana State
Missouri State
Southern Illinois
Western Illinois

NEC:
Bryant
Central Connecticut State
Duquesne
Robert Morris
Sacred Heart
Wagner

OVC:
Austin Peay
Murray State
Southeast Missouri State
Tennessee State
Tennessee Tech

Patriot:
Bucknell
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette

Pioneer:
Butler
Campbell
Davidson
Drake
Morehead State
Stetson
Valparaiso

Southern:
Furman
Mercer
Samford
VMI
Wofford

Southland:
Abilene Christian
Houston Baptist
Incarnate Word
Lamar
Nicholls State
Northwestern State
Southeastern Louisiana
Stephen F Austin

SWAC: (Still eligible for at-large bids)
Alabama A&M
Alabama State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Jackson State
Mississippi Valley State
Texas Southern

superman7515
November 7th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Eastern Illinois needs to win out; they play Tennessee-Martin next week (who needs to win out) and Eastern Kentucky the week after (who needs to win out)... The OVC is coming down to the wire.

Cocky
November 8th, 2015, 05:30 AM
Great job again

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 8th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Thanks for putting this together as always......again!

xthumbsupx

dewey
November 8th, 2015, 06:09 AM
Great job and thanks for the work. It is essential in figuring out the weekly top 25.

Dewey

BEAR
November 8th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Great job as usual!

UCA wins again and will hit 7 wins next week at Nichols. Playing strong to finish the year now 6-1 in conference.

Southland conference leaders:
McNeese 8-0
UCA 6-1
SHSU 5-2
All others

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 08:26 AM
As a poll voter I'm really not a fan of the SLC's 9 game conference schedule. Since a bunch of teams seemed to play only an FBS and a D2 outside of that it's really hard to get a gauge on how they compare with teams from other conferences.

superman7515
November 8th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Sagarin ratings and SOS are updated. Remember that SOS is out of the 125 teams at the FCS level and the ratings are across all D1 football, both FBS & FCS.

kalm
November 8th, 2015, 08:53 AM
My head hurts.

worrierking
November 8th, 2015, 09:45 AM
As a poll voter I'm really not a fan of the SLC's 9 game conference schedule. Since a bunch of teams seemed to play only an FBS and a D2 outside of that it's really hard to get a gauge on how they compare with teams from other conferences.

We feel the same way here in the Southland. My pokes are 9-0 but I truly don't know if we are any good on a national level.

MR. CHICKEN
November 8th, 2015, 10:28 AM
We feel the same way here in the Southland. My pokes are 9-0 but I truly don't know if we are any good on a national level.

......KEEP FILLIN' DUH BAGS......."WHEN DUH LEVEE BREAKS.....CRYIN' WON'T DO YA NO GOOD".........FIRE BRAWK!

mmiller_34
November 8th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I just submitted my poll. Wow.

Can't wait for tomorrow at noon.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Mine is done too....wow is right...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM

It is going to probably near Ivy-is or maybe even worse consider the FBS/D2 thing you mentioned. I really don't know what is better for the league but for myself I'd sure hate see them semi isolated unlike what we have had in the past. I don't think it is good. I am pretty sure the SLC fans are also not real big on this turn from what I've seen here.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 01:25 PM
It is going to probably near Ivy-is or maybe even worse consider the FBS/D2 thing you mentioned. I really don't know what is better for the league but for myself I'd sure hate see them semi isolated unlike what we have had in the past. I don't think it is good. I am pretty sure the SLC fans are also not real big on this turn from what I've seen here.
I looked it up for all 11 teams and for OOC games they've played 12 FBS games, 6 D2 games, and 4 FCS games. The only OOC FCS games are ACU vs Northern Colorado (11/21), UCA vs Samford (45-16 SU), HBU vs Northern Colorado (34-10 UNC), and SFA vs Northern Arizona (34-28 NAU).

So not only has the SLC only played 3 OOC games against FCS teams so far they haven't won a single one yet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I looked it up for all 11 teams and they played 12 FBS games, 6 D2 games, and 4 FCS games OOC. The only SLC OOC FCS games were ACU vs Northern Colorado (11/21), UCA vs Samford (45-16 SU), HBU vs Northern Colorado (34-10 UNC), and SFA vs Northern Arizona (34-28 NAU).

So not only has the SLC only played 3 OOC games against FCS teams so far they haven't won a single one yet.

While there is ammo to go after the SLC the fact is SHSU has performed well in the playoffs. McNeese and SHSU have some real pedigree and I believe that matters when it comes to discussion each team's intangibles.

Like I said before the SHSU game last night, McNeese will be one of the major discussion points over the next two weeks. How are they looked upon in the war room?

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 01:39 PM
While there is ammo to go after the SLC the fact is SHSU has performed well in the playoffs. McNeese and SHSU have some real pedigree and I believe the matters when it comes to discussion each team's intangibles.

Like I said before the SHSU game last night, McNeese will be one of the major discussion points over the next two weeks. How are they looked upon in the war room?
SHSU I'll give you but unless you're going back 10+ years McNeese doesn't have much to hang their hats on. Since their runner-up finish in 2002 they've made the playoffs 5 times being seeded 3 times. They're 0-5 in that time (with 4 of them being at home) with an aggregate score of 190-47.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 8th, 2015, 01:47 PM
SHSU I'll give you but unless you're going back 10+ years McNeese doesn't have much to hang their hats on. In the last ten years they've made the playoffs 4 times being seeded twice. They're 0-4 (with 3 of them being at home) with an aggregate score of 155-44.

I'm with you on their recent playoff performances. Still, they have a solid fan base which would make them a good host for two weeks IF they were to advance. An undefeated SLC team will be VERY difficult to seed lower than #3 imo. I have no horse in the race but I feel like their might be a little extra politics involved.

If there was a more defined pecking order in conference strength this year it would be easier to knock the Cowboys. Just from a far, it's pretty jumbled after the MVFC. I think one of the Big South teams could end up in a favorable position too....

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I'm with you on their recent playoff performances. Still, they have a solid fan base which would make them a good host for two weeks IF they were to advance. An undefeated SLC team will be VERY difficult to seed lower than #3 imo. I have no horse in the race but I feel like their might be a little extra politics involved.

If there was a more defined pecking order in conference strength this year it would be easier to knock the Cowboys. Just from a far, it's pretty jumbled after the MVFC. I think one of the Big South teams could end up in a favorable position too....
Agreed, the committee has shown in the past they like those shiny undefeated records.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 8th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Agreed, the committee has shown in the past they like those shiny undefeated records.
But not one-loss. Ask Lehigh.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 04:52 PM
But not one-loss. Ask Lehigh.
Truth. Lehigh went from being in the seed discussion to completely out of the field with one loss. That's what weak SOS will do, which is give critics a reason to dump you. I suspect McNeese would've seen a similar phenomenon had they lost to SHSU. They wouldn't have fallen as far as Lehigh did but they would've gone from a clear seed to playing on the opening weekend.

bobcathpdevil56
November 9th, 2015, 08:27 AM
That was rough, I feel unclean after filling out that poll