PDA

View Full Version : Upset Saturday!

Bisonator
November 7th, 2015, 06:12 PM
So looks like #2, 3 ,4 and 5 all lose today. WOW!

Southern Bison
November 7th, 2015, 06:14 PM
It's the help the Bison needed to get a top-4 seed or even a top-2.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Could there be more...NAU giving EWU a tough game and SHSU up very early on McNeese.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 06:16 PM
It's the help the Bison needed to get a top-4 seed or even a top-2.

If McNeese State goes down I think you guys have a great shot at the #2 seed. Not what the rest of FCS wanted to see or hear....

Bisonator
November 7th, 2015, 06:24 PM
#1 JSU looked shaky in the first half as well but did what they had to do to get the W.

Southern Bison
November 7th, 2015, 06:42 PM
If McNeese State goes down I think you guys have a great shot at the #2 seed. Not what the rest of FCS wanted to see or hear....
Even as a 3 or 4 seed, we're only a loss by the 1 (JSU) or 2 (McNeese) seed in the playoffs from the road going through Fargo...

A CAA or a MVFC team could go into either stadium and win.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Even as a 3 or 4 seed, we're only a loss by the 1 (JSU) or 2 (McNeese) seed in the playoffs from the road going through Fargo...

A CAA or a MVFC team could go into either stadium and win.

Pointless conversation....the Bison need to win next week AT Youngstown....gotta take care of our own business first.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 7th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Why was Richmond ranked so high? I watched a lot of this game and they didn't look like a top 10 team at all.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 06:54 PM

See above....Bison need to win on the road next week before any of this needs to be worried about.

tribefan40
November 7th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Why was Richmond ranked so high? I watched a lot of this game and they didn't look like a top 10 team at all.

Horrible effort and coaching to match. All but a few of the top teams have laid a turd this year (ndsu included) this was Richmond's.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 06:55 PM

Tough spot for Richmond against a desperate team. UNH is brutally tough to beat at home. Bigger win for UNH than it is a bad loss for Richmond. Although, the CAA likely isn't going to get a protected seed. They might not get a Top 4 seed....

tribe_pride
November 7th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Pointless conversation....the Bison need to win next week AT Youngstown....gotta take care of our own business first.

Never understood why people say this on a message board. If you aren't going to discuss what could happen, what is the point of the board?

Southern Bison
November 7th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Isn't that 75% of AGS? I kid...I kid.

True. NDSU has a tough road game next week. The offense seems to be clicking with Easton after a couple weeks. The D will need to maintain that tenacity they had today.

tribefan40
November 7th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Tough spot for Richmond against a desperate team. UNH is brutally tough to beat at home. Bigger win for UNH than it is a bad loss for Richmond. Although, the CAA likely isn't going to get a protected seed. They might not get a Top 4 seed....

Most likely scenario is still ur v. W&M for the title. I still think a 9-2 CAA champ gets a top 4. With all the chaos today, most of the teams vying for 3 and 4 will be 9-2, and few will be conference champs.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 7th, 2015, 07:00 PM
Horrible effort and coaching to match. All but a few of the top teams have laid a turd this year (ndsu included) this was Richmond's.
There have been a couple other games this year Richmond hasn't looked that great in.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Most likely scenario is still ur v. W&M for the title. I still think a 9-2 CAA champ gets a top 4. With all the chaos today, most of the teams vying for 3 and 4 will be 9-2, and few will be conference champs.

I think the MVFC gets two of the Top 4 seed with Jacksonville State getting the other one. The third will be very interesting. Southland, BSC, CAA and maybe even Big South champ could sneak in. W&M has the best shot imo....

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Never understood why people say this on a message board. If you aren't going to discuss what could happen, what is the point of the board?

Fair enough....I think part of it (for me anyway) is I don't want to even start thinking about seeding this year yet with how up/down NDSU has been in some games. I'm not ready for the potential let down. xlolx :D

BEAR
November 7th, 2015, 07:04 PM
UCA wins and continues to improve. Now 6-1 in conference with nicholls next week to be 7-1. If Sam wins tonight that will put the conference championship happening in Conway the last week vs. Sam.

Big time!

tribefan40
November 7th, 2015, 07:04 PM
I think the MVFC gets two of the Top 4 seed with Jacksonville State getting the other one. The third will be very interesting. Southland, BSC, CAA and maybe even Big South champ could sneak in. W&M has the best shot imo....

That would be great, but I just wonder how much the ud loss will weigh w&m down in that instance. Hopefully we find out...

tribefan40
November 7th, 2015, 07:05 PM
There have been a couple other games this year Richmond hasn't looked that great in.

Meh. Just win baby.

Bisonator
November 7th, 2015, 07:06 PM

It's possible but still 2 games to go yet and the way this season has gone anything can happen!

Milktruck74
November 7th, 2015, 07:34 PM
After today, Jax State is getting the #1 seed, and their back-up get the #2 seed.....all other seeds are up for grabs!!!

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 07:38 PM

If McNeese ends up undefeated I would think they get Top 4

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2015, 07:39 PM
After today, Jax State is getting the #1 seed, and their back-up get the #2 seed.....all other seeds are up for grabs!!!

If NDSU wins out and Jax State wins out they go 1/2.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 07:42 PM
If NDSU wins out and Jax State wins out they go 1/2.

Not so sure about that. McNeese State will have a say...

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2015, 07:43 PM

McNeese will lose to SHSU tonight.

At least I hope so.

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 07:49 PM

They shouldn't. NDSU, UNI, ISUR, SDSU would murder McNeese. But I am sure the committee will reward them for going 10-0 since SOS means nothing to FCS committee.

jmrepak
November 7th, 2015, 07:50 PM
It's a bad week to be a voter, and a good week to be Coastal. It looks like 6 teams ahead of us may lose (5 already and we are waiting on the McNeese game to see if SHSU beats them) and we beat a team 46-0. I'm not arguing that we jump every one of them, but we should be firmly back in the top 10 if not top 6 or 7. May even have Chick South along with us in the top 10. Any of the history buffs know if the Big South has ever had two top ten teams? I don't think so.

TheKingpin28
November 7th, 2015, 07:51 PM

Yes but the NCAA is more concerned about dollars than anything else, and a #2 for NDSU is what will make them the most money. It helps move them in a better direction towards Fargo South which is what they and the NCAA would like to see for profit reasons. Whether or not that is right or not is one thing, but if the Bison win out, I'd be shocked to see NDSU not be #2

ElCid
November 7th, 2015, 07:58 PM
McNeese will lose to SHSU tonight.

At least I hope so.

And that is a problem. They have a weak SOS already, the least they could do is win out, so a loss tonight would not be good at all for a seed. They rank at 85/125 in Massey among FCS for SOS. But who knows, there was much blood today. The seed pool may have grown a bit.

ElCid
November 7th, 2015, 07:59 PM
They shouldn't. NDSU, UNI, ISUR, SDSU would murder McNeese. But I am sure the committee will reward them for going 10-0 since SOS means nothing to FCS committee.

So if Dayton wins out…….xlolx

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Stick a fork in EWU, they are done. Add another upset to the list.

wmmii
November 7th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Tenn-Martin is in the mix if they win out with the only loss in FCS to Jax St by 7.

UNH if they win out (Likely) look possible

Bisonator
November 7th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Stick a fork in EWU, they are done. Add another upset to the list.
So down goes #8 as well. Half the top ten! xnodx

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 08:09 PM
So if Dayton wins out…….xlolx

Don't type things like that...the committee might see it and think it is a good idea.

X-Factor
November 7th, 2015, 08:18 PM
If McNeese ends up undefeated I would think they get Top 4
I remember the last time an overrated undefeated southland team met the Bison in the playoffs. AKA "national runner ups". LOL of the century

ElCid
November 7th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Don't type things like that...the committee might see it and think it is a good idea.

Crap, sorry. Seriously, I think they understand to a degree SOS but they do not want to alienate conferences by totally disregarding an impressive record. I think they have to tread carefully and balance a great record with SOS. Not an easy thing to do when accounting for the body of results for teams over the span of a season, with an eye for how they closed as well. I don't think Dayton would get one even if they win out, but who knows. Nobody else seems to want one…..

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 08:21 PM
"I tell you what ... I've coached a lot of football and in my 23 years, I can tell you if they play like that, I don't know if anybody can beat them," said Western Illinois head coach Bob Nielson.

Twentysix
November 7th, 2015, 08:23 PM
So down goes #8 as well. Half the top ten! xnodx

52-30 right now 1 min to go.

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Crap, sorry. Seriously, I think they understand to a degree SOS but they do not want to alienate conferences by totally disregarding an impressive record. I think they have to tread carefully and balance a great record with SOS. Not an easy thing to do when accounting for the body of results for teams over the span of a season, with an eye for how they closed as well. I don't think Dayton would get one even if they win out, but who knows. Nobody else seems to want one…..

I was kind of joking but you never know with the committee. Last year their reason for seeding UNH over NDSU was because NDSU had lost later in the season. SOS or anything else be damned.

McNeese will get a gift 2 seed if they win out. Sadly it is what it is and you nailed it being political.

Southern Bison
November 7th, 2015, 08:59 PM
McNeese's gift came when the LSU game was cancelled.

hebmskebm
November 7th, 2015, 09:05 PM
McNeese's gift came when the LSU game was cancelled.

But wouldn't a one-loss-to-LSU McNeese be a high seed anyway?

Southern Bison
November 7th, 2015, 09:06 PM
True...but that's also 60 less minutes of risking injury to key players which could affect the rest of the season.

Shockerman
November 7th, 2015, 09:22 PM
It will be seeded like this....

1) Jax State
4) McNeese

2) NDSU
3) ISUr

Jax State and NDSU will sell out every home game as top seeds. If either lose, ISUr will bring a good crowd to Frisco and McNeese will bring the house. Either way, Frisco will be full. Makes economic sense which is sad.

Bisonwinagn
November 7th, 2015, 09:24 PM

1) Jax State
4) McNeese

2) NDSU
3) ISUr

Jax State and NDSU will sell out every home game as top seeds. If either lose, ISUr will bring a good crowd to Frisco and McNeese will bring the house. Either way, Frisco will be full. Makes economic sense which is sad.

Seems right they will do everything they can to put all the valley teams in the same bracket to prevent a repeat of valley teams in the championship.

BEAR
November 7th, 2015, 09:25 PM
SELA loses to UIW.

Lamar loses to Nicholls.

WTH is going on in the Southland? xeyebrowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 09:25 PM

1) Jax State
4) McNeese

2) NDSU
3) ISUr

Looks about right. McNeese will be a very very hot button team over the next 2 weeks.....

centennial
November 7th, 2015, 09:28 PM
I hope McNesse gets 3, SDSU/ ISUr gets 4.

tribefan40
November 7th, 2015, 09:30 PM

1) Jax State
4) McNeese

2) NDSU
3) ISUr

If that's the case unh never gets the one seed last year. I understand the blatant mvfc bias, but its highly unlikely the commitee puts two from the same conference in the top three. NDSU will be 3rd and ISUr will be 5th, imo.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 09:33 PM
If that's the case unh never gets the one seed last year. I understand the blatant mvfc bias, but its highly unlikely the commitee puts two from the same conference in the top three. NDSU will be 3rd and ISUr will be 5th, imo.

If Charleston Southern's only loss is to Troy where do they get put? W&M and SUU would seem to have a claim for a Top 4 seed too. Going to be really interesting...

Mayville Bison
November 7th, 2015, 09:35 PM

And who is your 4 seed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 09:35 PM
If Charleston Southern's only loss is to Troy where do they get put? W&M and SUU would seem to have a claim for a Top 4 seed too. Going to be really interesting...

CSU still has to play Bama.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 09:36 PM

oops....

tribefan40
November 7th, 2015, 09:37 PM
And who is your 4 seed?

9-2 CAA champ.

URMite
November 7th, 2015, 09:43 PM

So if their only loss is to Troy, they are the 1 seed?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 09:44 PM
So if their only loss is to Troy, they are the 1 seed?

LOL...well played....

BEAR
November 7th, 2015, 09:46 PM
I'm done trying to predict these games. I do about as well as my lotto picks. xrolleyesx

JayJ79
November 7th, 2015, 09:47 PM

they've done it before:
2012 #2 EWU and #3 Montana State
2010 #2 William & Mary and #3 Delaware

Cocky
November 7th, 2015, 09:47 PM
I hope McNesse gets 3, SDSU/ ISUr gets 4.
Me, too.

Drblankstare
November 7th, 2015, 09:49 PM
they've done it before:

Wow look at that blatant mvfc bias.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Wow look at that blatant mvfc bias.

There is something weird about a fan of a CAA team crying playoff seed poverty...I think W&M is a good/great team, but my Bison would probably be a horrendous matchup for them scheme wise.

ngineer
November 7th, 2015, 10:04 PM

Not so. It's what bit us in 2013 with a 10-1 record.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Towson survived their trip to Orono with a 10-7 victory. Tigers-Tribe next week in Williamsburg will be huge! That figures to be a physical war...

Drblankstare
November 7th, 2015, 10:08 PM
There is something weird about a fan of a CAA team crying playoff seed poverty...I think W&M is a good/great team, but my Bison would probably be a horrendous matchup for them scheme wise.

W&M is a fine team, it's not about that though. Its about if Ill St and NDSU are co champs at 9-2, I don't see how you could argue both don't deserve a top 4 seed.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 10:11 PM
W&M is a fine team, it's not about that though. Its about if Ill St and NDSU are co champs at 9-2, I don't see how you could argue both don't deserve a top 4 seed.

But with some sort of playoff seed redistribution/communist model....an "inferior" (my opinion at the moment...check back in two weeks) 9-2 CAA needs to bump one of those two simply because they are both in the MVFC. FCS Russian roulette for who gets screwed? :D

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 10:12 PM
^ my 6k post...and she's a beaut! xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 7th, 2015, 10:17 PM

One will get hosed IMO by the committee. Probably ISU, if both teams finish 9-2.

ngineer
November 7th, 2015, 10:21 PM
They're both going to the playoffs. If you are going to be the champ, shouldn't matter where you are seeded. Just beat who is in front of you.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 10:23 PM
They're both going to the playoffs. If you are going to be the champ, shouldn't matter where you are seeded. Just beat who is in front of you.

It does if you want to guarantee homefield advantage.

McNeese75
November 7th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Sure seems to be a lot of begging, praying and hoping for a number 2 seed by the Bison faithful on here. You guys sit at home every year and feast on everyone in the Fargo Dome. It's time you hit the road if you want another ring. As we saw in Wash-Griz at the beginning of the season, things happen when you have to go on the road. Oh yeah and the Coyotes made things happen in the dome as well, so who knows.xcoffeex

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 10:39 PM
Seems right they will do everything they can to put all the valley teams in the same bracket to prevent a repeat of valley teams in the championship.

Yeah, that sold out game that came down to the wire sure ruffled their feathers. xrolleyesx

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Sure seems to be a lot of begging, praying and hoping for a number 2 seed by the Bison faithful on here. You guys sit at home every year and feast on everyone in the Fargo Dome. It's time you hit the road if you want another ring. As we saw in Wash-Griz at the beginning of the season, things happen when you have to go on the road. Oh yeah and the Coyotes made things happen in the dome as well, so who knows.xcoffeex

Here's NDSU's losses from 2011 to now...

2011 - Home against YSU
2012 - Home against Indiana State
2013 - "none" :D
2014 - Home against UNI
2015 - Road against Montana, Home against USD

You sure you want that? :D xcoffeex

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 10:41 PM

Difference being that they don't play in a 1 bid league.

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 10:43 PM

It did but there are some differences...McNeese is undefeated and the SLC gets more respect from the committee. If the committee puts them at 4 or 5 I will be impressed but I am very skeptical of it happening.

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 10:44 PM

2011 - Home against YSU
2014 - ROAD against UNI

FIFY

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 10:45 PM
FIFY

Haha.....how/why in the **** did I screw that up. Good catch. (how can I forget the field rush? :D )

EDIT: my previous point still stands though.... xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Difference being that they don't play in a 1 bid league.

The irony being there's a reasonable chance the PL will be a 2 bid league 2 out of the 3 years following Lehigh's omission. Old news I know.

With that said, 2012 Lehigh>2015 Fordham....

FargoBison
November 7th, 2015, 10:48 PM

If ISUR and JSU win out and are seeded 1 and 2....You won't hear a single compliant from me.

McNeese75
November 7th, 2015, 10:50 PM

2011 - Home against YSU
2014 - Home against UNI

xrolleyesx OH let me think real hard about it. Play at your place or play at home. I will let you know when I figure that one out. OH and while you are at it ask everyone else in contention for a seed what their opinion is. xeyebrowx

Bisonator
November 7th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Why should McNeese get a top seed when they will be watching round 3 on TV anyway?xcoffeex

BTW shouldn't you be ordering some more sand bags?xpeacex

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 10:57 PM
The irony being there's a reasonable chance the PL will be a 2 bid league 2 out of the 3 years following Lehigh's omission. Old news I know.

With that said, 2012 Lehigh>2015 Fordham....

It is ironic that the PL ever gets to teams in. ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 11:00 PM
It is ironic that the PL ever gets to teams in. ;)

If Lehigh has two more impressive wins to finish the year they'll be in the discussion with pretty much 40 other teams. The PL figures to play a big role in the at large field. Going to be interesting....

The league did pretty well with at large bids when it was a 16 team playoff...

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 11:09 PM
If Lehigh has two more impressive wins to finish the year they'll be in the discussion with pretty much 40 other teams. The PL figures to play a big role in the at large field. Going to be interesting....

The league did pretty well with at large bids when it was a 16 team playoff...

Yeah, the PL had a great run 13 years ago. It was great they got run out of the championship by 40. xrolleyesx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Yeah, the PL had a great run 13 years ago. It was great they got run out of the championship by 40. xrolleyesx

Just as good as UNI has ever done. Just because your moral victory is a little more fulfilling doesn't mean you have to hate. :p

Point being the PL got at large bids with reasonable frequency. They also backed those bids up with strong performances. Even in losses. Those moral victories..lol...:D

Lehigh has a ton of talented fr and soph. Fordham's "run" is about to come to end. If the defense can get cleaned up (been a mess for 3 years or since DC left for Stanford) Lehigh has the potential to be a Top 15 team next year. AGS had its Lehigh reprieve...lol

The PL rep will do ok (ok meaning not get killed) if they don't have to play one of the top 6-8 teams right away this year. They'll need a favorable match-up to win a game or two. 2nd or 3rd OVC team, NEC champ, 2nd Socon, 4th CAA team team etc....

McNeese75
November 7th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Why should McNeese get a top seed when they will be watching round 3 on TV anyway?xcoffeex

BTW shouldn't you be ordering some more sand bags?xpeacex
Why not? If your team goes on the road they could be watching it on TV as well.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

McNeese72
November 8th, 2015, 12:21 AM
Why not? If your team goes on the road they could be watching it on TV as well.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

We just haven't beat a good team yet :-)

caribbeanhen
November 8th, 2015, 07:10 AM
SELA loses to UIW.

Lamar loses to Nicholls.

WTH is going on in the Southland? xeyebrowx

weak but still better than a sinking CAA

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 8th, 2015, 07:20 AM

Agree.

tribefan40
November 8th, 2015, 07:30 AM

Yeah I don't think I was crying that at all. You guys are living in a world where the comittee is logical and unbiased. I'm living in the real world, where perceived matchup strength has nothing to do with seeding. Just for all those following along, I'm not saying ndsu and isur don't deserve it, I just don't think that's what the committee will do. Out of curiosity, where's the horrendous matchup for my hyper-balanced tribe?

tribefan40
November 8th, 2015, 07:32 AM

Because it has nothing to do with your logical argument.

- - - Updated - - -

they've done it before:

Touche.

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 08:03 AM
I think the most significant of all the upsets was Portland State. They close the season home to SUU and at EWU. Those are two difficult games and if they drop both they could plummet completely out of the playoffs at 7-4 with a D2 win despite their two FBS wins (one against bowl eligible Wash St).

dewey
November 8th, 2015, 08:21 AM
I think the most significant of all the upsets was Portland State. They close the season home to SUU and at EWU. Those are two difficult games and if they drop both they could plummet completely out of the playoffs at 7-4 with a D2 win despite their two FBS wins (one against bowl eligible Wash St).

Lots of candidates for Most Significant Loss this weeek.

Dewey

Southern Bison
November 8th, 2015, 08:50 AM
PSU still controls their destiny for the autobid...I believe the Most Sig Loss goes to ISU-r. They were in control but now need to not only win out but need some help from YSU or MoSt.

BisonBacker
November 8th, 2015, 08:54 AM

As much as I'd love to see us at home throughout the playoffs if NDSU does have to go on the road during the playoffs nothing would be sweeter than to go into their house and shut up these knuckleheads. xnodx

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 08:57 AM
PSU still controls their destiny for the autobid...I believe the Most Sig Loss goes to ISU-r. They were in control but now need to not only win out but need some help from YSU or MoSt.

Both NDSU and ISUr technically need help to get the autobid even if they win out. It's possible, however unlikely, that SDSU loses out including a loss to USD that puts them at 4-4 in conference. USD, if they beat SDSU but lose to ISUr, would also finish at 4-4 in conference. I would guess there will be more 4-4 teams to muddle up the tie breaker in that scenario but USD could still end up finishing ahead of SDSU in the conference standings giving ISUr the tie breaker over NDSU even if both win out.

Bottom line is ISUr needs a lot more help than NDSU does at this point to get the autobid.

Mayville Bison
November 8th, 2015, 09:23 AM

That's cute. Keep playing the mistreated card. Truth is if you want a home playoff game, do something about it and win a playoff game. If Sam Houston would be undefeated at this point, they would be a 1 or 2 seed no questions asked.

Instead of trying to bring the top tier down, how bout you raise your game and match that level. Watching the first half last night was like pulling teeth. Passes were overthrown, defenses were non-existent, it seemed like NAIA football to be honest. Why would the NCAA want to showcase that?

Terry2889
November 8th, 2015, 09:25 AM
As much as I'd love to see us at home throughout the playoffs if NDSU does have to go on the road during the playoffs nothing would be sweeter than to go into their house and shut up these knuckleheads. xnodx

Great tailgating down there. And their team is usually hospitable to competition from the north as well ; ) The last time we travelled down there all we heard about was their "Southern Speed". Well us yankees went down there and played a licking on them to the tune of 49-13. Great fans and an enjoyable experience though. Very classy.

FormerPokeCenter
November 8th, 2015, 09:52 AM
That's cute. Keep playing the mistreated card. Truth is if you want a home playoff game, do something about it and win a playoff game. If Sam Houston would be undefeated at this point, they would be a 1 or 2 seed no questions asked.

Instead of trying to bring the top tier down, how bout you raise your game and match that level. Watching the first half last night was like pulling teeth. Passes were overthrown, defenses were non-existent, it seemed like NAIA football to be honest. Why would the NCAA want to showcase that?

What's that got to do with his earlier point?

All he's doing is applying your own logic to the situation the Bison find themselves in.

If you were undefeated, you'd be a 1 or 2 seed, no begging, praying, hoping nor questions asked ;)

Mayville Bison
November 8th, 2015, 09:57 AM
What's that got to do with his earlier point?

All he's doing is applying your own logic to the situation the Bison find themselves in.

If you were undefeated, you'd be a 1 or 2 seed, no begging, praying, hoping nor questions asked ;)

He was saying the Bison aren't deserving of a 2-seed. Who would he put above them? My assumption is he was referring to his undefeated team. If ISU is the 2-seed despite the SDSU loss, they are still in that discussion. No one else has a resume as good as NDSU including undefeated McNeese.

FormerPokeCenter
November 8th, 2015, 10:30 AM
The Bison resume for 2015 includes losses to a pair of unranked 5-4 teams.

How is that superior to what anybody else has done in 2015?

If you're talking body of work over the last six years, you've got a point.

If you're talking body of work THIS year, you're way out in left field ;)

Bisonator
November 8th, 2015, 07:41 PM
The Bison resume for 2015 includes losses to a pair of unranked 5-4 teams.

How is that superior to what anybody else has done in 2015?

If you're talking body of work over the last six years, you've got a point.

If you're talking body of work THIS year, you're way out in left field ;)

Seriously? NDSU is 4-1 vs the top 25. With a SOS of 11. Only one better is Illinois State at 4-1 with a SOS of 6. McNeese is 2-0 with a SOS of 75. One of those is not like the others...:D

FormerPokeCenter
November 8th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Perhaps you've got a point about your strength of schedule. You were overmatched against Montana and South Dakota ;)

gotts
November 8th, 2015, 08:26 PM
I liked it better when people from McNeese sandbagged all the time.

FormerPokeCenter
November 8th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I'm sure you did....just to be clear....I'm not suggesting that McNeese is deserving of a higher seed than NDSU.

I'm merely pointing out that, based on 2015, NDSU's losses to a pair of 5-4 teams should objectively quash any homerism about being entitled to the second seed.

But, I realize we're not having an objective discussion, so let your rationalizations continue about why your losses should be ignored...

taper
November 8th, 2015, 09:10 PM
I'm sure you did....just to be clear....I'm not suggesting that McNeese is deserving of a higher seed than NDSU.

I'm merely pointing out that, based on 2015, NDSU's losses to a pair of 5-4 teams should objectively quash any homerism about being entitled to the second seed.

But, I realize we're not having an objective discussion, so let your rationalizations continue about why your losses should be ignored...

No one's saying to ignore the losses. We're saying our other games outweigh the losses. Stop saying Montana was a bad loss, because it wasn't. Period. USD was a bad loss, no doubt about that. We also lost to ISUb in 2012 and still got the #1 seed.

tribefan40
November 8th, 2015, 09:23 PM
No one's saying to ignore the losses. We're saying our other games outweigh the losses. Stop saying Montana was a bad loss, because it wasn't. Period. USD was a bad loss, no doubt about that. We also lost to ISUb in 2012 and still got the #1 seed.

Everybody's entitled to a bad game (lord knows the tribe had theirs in Newark), but I saw Montana in person @ LU and I can assure you, it's a bad loss.

thebootfitter
November 8th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Everybody's entitled to a bad game (lord knows the tribe had theirs in Newark), but I saw Montana in person @ LU and I can assure you, it's a bad loss.
Did you see Montana in person at Wa-Griz when they played the Bison? No? Hmm...

Montana was definitely playing their A-game for that first game of the season. They have since fallen apart, no doubt.

I can assure you, that wasn't a bad loss. It was a tough loss, but not a bad one.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2015, 09:47 PM

Montana was definitely playing their A-game for that first game of the season. They have since fallen apart, no doubt.

I can assure you, that wasn't a bad loss. It was a tough loss, but not a bad one.

Ditto....I was at that game as well and had a hunch it was going to go in favor of the Griz. Not the same Griz team anymore this year.

No_Skill
November 8th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Perhaps you've got a point about your strength of schedule. You were overmatched against Montana and South Dakota ;)

I really think there is something in your eye. You should get that looked at.

bisonguy
November 8th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Seriously? NDSU is 4-1 vs the top 25. With a SOS of 11. Only one better is Illinois State at 4-1 with a SOS of 6. McNeese is 2-0 with a SOS of 75. One of those is not like the others...:D

Not to mention that NDSU and ISU-R's schedules are in full compliance of the Division I Philosophy found in section 20.9.2, especially part f, of the 2015/2016 NCAA DI Manual. xcoffeex

Professor Chaos
November 8th, 2015, 10:11 PM

Before last Saturday I didn't think there was any way NDSU could back to a top 2 seed but now I think it's possible because the only other contenders right now IMO are McNeese, SDSU, and ISUr. I think NDSU holds up well in comparison to any of those three but I can see arguments for all 4 with no clear leader or clear team that doesn't belong in that group. I don't think NDSU is entitled to the #2 seed at this point but I certainly wouldn't apologize if they got it because those 4 teams are pretty tightly bunched IMO.

tribefan40
November 9th, 2015, 06:07 AM

C'mon, man. If this was mcneese or jsu every one of you would be crowing about the fact that Montana is 5-4 and has looked like ****.

FormerPokeCenter
November 9th, 2015, 06:50 AM
If you keep on with that whole common sense thing, somebody's gonna negative rep you...

rokamortis
November 9th, 2015, 07:34 AM
C'mon, man. If this was mcneese or jsu every one of you would be crowing about the fact that Montana is 5-4 and has looked like ****.

I don't buy the "the bad team isn't a bad loss" argument. The whole point of judging a bad loss is based on the body of work. Who cares if they played their A game and NDSU didn't? Good teams get upset. It's why they play the games.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I don't buy the "the bad team isn't a bad loss" argument. The whole point of judging a bad loss is based on the body of work. Who cares if they played their A game and NDSU didn't? Good teams get upset. It's why they play the games.

Do you take into account injuries? If let's say your team lost a tough game to Villanova with Robertson or JMU with Lee at QB earlier this year is that a bad loss?

FormerPokeCenter
November 9th, 2015, 07:39 AM
I love the smell of rationalization in the morning!

Bisonator
November 9th, 2015, 07:52 AM
I love the smell of rationalization in the morning!

Say what you want but I think it's a fair question. I have no illusions that our loss to USD wasn't a bad loss. I don't agree that losing to Montana in the first game of the season in Missoulla was a bad loss just because that team is 5-4 now.

rokamortis
November 9th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Do you take into account injuries? If let's say your team lost a tough game to Villanova with Robertson or JMU with Lee at QB earlier this year is that a bad loss?

They play a factor but every team has injuries. Overall it isn't a good loss however you try to justify it.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 08:13 AM
They play a factor but every team has injuries. Overall it isn't a good loss however you try to justify it.
No loss is ever good, even JSU losing to Auburn because they were so close to a program defining win. My whole beef is I was there for both the Montana and USD losses and they were two completely different animals. Montana played well enough to beat any FCS team in the country that day, USD would've been beaten by a similar team to NDSU if that team had a pulse. The Montana loss wasn't a good loss but it also wasn't a bad one either IMO.

I'd be interested to hear a Griz fan's take on it because I haven't watched a ton of Montana since that game but just based on the box scores/results since then they certainly haven't seemed like the same team since then.

FormerPokeCenter
November 9th, 2015, 08:25 AM
This is why we play the games...

rokamortis
November 9th, 2015, 08:30 AM
No loss is ever good, even JSU losing to Auburn because they were so close to a program defining win. My whole beef is I was there for both the Montana and USD losses and they were two completely different animals. Montana played well enough to beat any FCS team in the country that day, USD would've been beaten by a similar team to NDSU if that team had a pulse. The Montana loss wasn't a good loss but it also wasn't a bad one either IMO.

I'd be interested to hear a Griz fan's take on it because I haven't watched a ton of Montana since that game but just based on the box scores/results since then they certainly haven't seemed like the same team since then.

I'm not sure that Montana is a bad loss either, they have a chance to go 7-4 and it wouldn't be a bad loss. If they go 5-6 then it would be a bad loss in my opinion.

I understand the point that some of you guys are trying to make is that Montana was just playing really good that day - unfortunately that reasoning doesn't hold water for anyone else during the season so it shouldn't for you guys either. Sometimes teams play up while other play down - it is part of the game.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure that Montana is a bad loss either, they have a chance to go 7-4 and it wouldn't be a bad loss. If they go 5-6 then it would be a bad loss in my opinion.

I understand the point that some of you guys are trying to make is that Montana was just playing really good that day - unfortunately that reasoning doesn't hold water for anyone else during the season so it shouldn't for you guys either. Sometimes teams play up while other play down - it is part of the game.
That's the point is I don't think NDSU played down that day, at least not nearly like they did against USD. They only scored 7 points in the 2nd half but they had their share of big plays. They made some mistakes but so did the Griz. The Griz just rose to the occasion and made a bunch of great plays.

In any case, you're probably right about how it'll be perceived by the selection committee. And a loss is a loss, like I said it's not a good thing no matter how you slice it.

BEAR
November 9th, 2015, 09:00 AM
I've always said good teams every season will:
1. Lose one game they didn't expect to lose
2. Win one game they didn't expect to win
3. Win the games they "should" win.

Better teams:
1. Don't lose any games they "should" win.
2. Lose the games they "should" lose.
3. Win the games they were toss ups in.

Best teams:
1. Don't lose any games they "should" win and "could" win.
2. Get lucky in the games they "should" lose.
3. Sometimes they just get the right bounce, the call goes their way, or their opponent makes mistakes that they take advantage of.

Using the above I'd put my Bears at GOOD.
1. They lost to Samford who at the time was an unknown, went onto the top 25 the next week, and it was the first time UCA had ever played them.
2. The SLU game, which was dominated by the Conference champion Lions last year, was won by UCA. No one knew how it would turn out.
3. So far they have won all the games they should have won.

UNH72Plus
November 9th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Looks like if UCA beats Sam in the last game Sam is out with only 6 FCS wins.

BEAR
November 9th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Looks like if UCA beats Sam in the last game Sam is out with only 6 FCS wins.

That might be one of the better 6 win FCS teams if that happens. But I can't see it even in Conway.

kalm
November 9th, 2015, 10:25 AM
That's the point is I don't think NDSU played down that day, at least not nearly like they did against USD. They only scored 7 points in the 2nd half but they had their share of big plays. They made some mistakes but so did the Griz. The Griz just rose to the occasion and made a bunch of great plays.

In any case, you're probably right about how it'll be perceived by the selection committee. And a loss is a loss, like I said it's not a good thing no matter how you slice it.

It might be closer to a bad loss if Montana also didn't have wins of over two possible playoff teams in UND and NAU. But they do. Montana is an inconsistent team and injury plagued, but they have 3 solid wins.

thebootfitter
November 9th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Maybe, but you'd still have a valid point, even if no one listened to you.

At the end of the year, a loss to Montana may be viewed as a "bad loss" on paper. I'll give you that. That's not what I'm defending here.

All I'm saying is that the game was a great game, played hard by two solid teams. In the first game of the year, a few mistakes were made on either side, but anyone watching that game and experiencing that environment knows that regardless of the teams who played that day and who won, it was not truly a bad loss.

It is unfortunate that Montana has since declined. It is fortunate that NDSU has since improved.

A loss to Villanova pre-injury to Robertson may be a good analogy as someone else pointed out. Even if a formula based solely on W/L records suggests at the end of the year that a loss is a "bad loss," if you lose to what is a quality opponent in front of you at the time, it is not a bad loss in my opinion.

LeeshaJo
November 9th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Is anybody else curious as all get out to see what the polls end up looking like this week. Usually the polls are meh for me, take um when I get the chance to see them... this week I am like... Bring it on! I want to see if everyone is as confuddled as me....lol