PDA

View Full Version : NCAA hit with antitrust lawsuit over transfer, scholarship policies

centennial
November 7th, 2015, 11:17 AM
All you transfer u's lookout. This is not going to end good for any of you. Plus we will now have missed talent possibly transferring up.

The suit reads in part:
“… the NCAA’s limitation on the mobility of college athletes is patently unlawful and challenges the NCAA’s rules that prevent Division I football players from transferring to other Division I schools without losing athletic eligibility for a year — as a result of the year-in-residence requirement, class members receive millions of dollars less in athletics-related financial assistance and other direct compensation than they would receive if class members were permitted to transfer without this limitation. The suit also tackles the NCAA’s continuing cap on the number of football scholarships a Division I football team may award as well as the NCAA’s former prohibition on multi-year scholarships.”

Drblankstare
November 7th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Great so Nebraska can go back to having 200 guys on scholly again

RootinFerDukes
November 7th, 2015, 12:06 PM
The sit out a year or transfer to Fcs rule is one of the advantages top Fcs schools have. Without that, the competitive level of the entire subdivision will drop.
No Vad Lee, joe flacco, Justin rascati, URs recent QB transfers from UVA. The list goes on.

citdog
November 7th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Much ado about nothing. The ncaa will win like they always do.

citdog
November 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM
The sit out a year or transfer to Fcs rule is one of the advantages top Fcs schools have. Without that, the competitive level of the entire subdivision will drop.No Vad Lee, joe flacco, Justin rascati, URs recent QB transfers from UVA. The list goes on.Can your Coaches not recognize, recruit, or develop high school talent like some have to? 5-0 in our league without a single fbs transfer.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2015, 12:16 PM
The sit out a year or transfer to Fcs rule is one of the advantages top Fcs schools have. Without that, the competitive level of the entire subdivision will drop.
No Vad Lee, joe flacco, Justin rascati, URs recent QB transfers from UVA. The list goes on.

No NDSU players on that list.....weird. :D

centennial
November 7th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Much ado about nothing. The ncaa will win like they always do.
Are you sure about that? I am thinking they settle vs the alternative that they lose and college football goes to hell. When a student athlete is walk on, or loses his scholarship he shouldn't have to sit out IMO to transfer.