PDA

View Full Version : #22 Indiana State @ #17 Northern Iowa

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Thoughts? I havent seen much of UNI except vs ISUr and USD.

I like that we are indoors because I think wind hurts our offense even though the wind probably blocked your last second field goal last year.

X-Factor
November 5th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Im expecting a low scoring game. Are the trees getting any hralthier on the injury list?

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Im expecting a low scoring game. Are the trees getting any hralthier on the injury list?

Underwood played some situations last week. I think we have more availability this week. That's huge for us. TE Jamar Thurman may be back. He has had big catches in the past.

wretched
November 5th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I think UNI will be able to create some big plays vs ISUb, pressure the QB and make them mostly a 1 dimensional team offensively, thinking there is a good shot at numerous TOs and the D setting up the O with great field position or even scoring themselves. On O I think we see a similiar game to last week except better as ISUb has given up lots of yards on both the ground and through the air, and does not get great pressure on the QB, they struggled to contain the QB running the ball in virtually every game they have played. Big game on the ground coming for Baily.

Bisonator
November 5th, 2015, 02:31 PM
If the trees can't defend the QB runs any better then they did against NDSU, Bailey could have a field day.

Sycamore62
November 5th, 2015, 03:06 PM
If the trees can't defend the QB runs any better then they did against NDSU, Bailey could have a field day.

I think Underwood will make a bit of difference. He is our career and season sack leader and only played 2 games so far healthy. He is a pretty big time player for us

clenz
November 5th, 2015, 04:10 PM
I think UNI will be able to create some big plays vs ISUb, pressure the QB and make them mostly a 1 dimensional team offensively, thinking there is a good shot at numerous TOs and the D setting up the O with great field position or even scoring themselves. On O I think we see a similiar game to last week except better as ISUb has given up lots of yards on both the ground and through the air, and does not get great pressure on the QB, they struggled to contain the QB running the ball in virtually every game they have played. Big game on the ground coming for Baily.
Bailey is starting to look better as he is getting full practice and game reps. The offense played with a slightly faster tempo last week and ran better route trees. I think finally being forced into one QB is going to make this offense start to click.

Defensively there isn't anyone, other than Matt Adam, for the Sycamore offense I'm real worried about. Booker and Genesy show flashing of bening solid backs - and they have good averages - but neither gets a ton of carries to get a true flow (Booker is at 13 and Genesy at 9). Adam has more carries than either one, at 93. UNI is giving up just 2.8 YPC. UNI's front 7 lives in the back field.

UNI by 17

CID1990
November 5th, 2015, 11:07 PM
if UNI loses they'll drop all the way down to #18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtthenutt
November 6th, 2015, 08:08 AM
UNI has the advantage in offense, defense, and special teams. I think lost in all of this, is how the defense has looked infinitely better since Kuhter started punting for UNI. Bieghler's punts against Iowa State were terrible and the Cyclones would start their drives at the 50 yard line at worse, usually just a first down away from the Red Zone. Also, goodbye Xavier Williams and hello to Karter Schult who is getting in the backfield on a consistent basis. Only down fall for the team is this is the worse group of wide receivers that I've ever seen.

clenz
November 6th, 2015, 08:18 AM
UNI has the advantage in offense, defense, and special teams. I think lost in all of this, is how the defense has looked infinitely better since Kuhter started punting for UNI. Bieghler's punts against Iowa State were terrible and the Cyclones would start their drives at the 50 yard line at worse, usually just a first down away from the Red Zone. Also, goodbye Xavier Williams and hello to Karter Schult who is getting in the backfield on a consistent basis. Only down fall for the team is this is the worse group of wide receivers that I've ever seen.
Second in the nation in sacks Karter Schult.

Karter also leads the conference in TFL - UNI has 2 more of the top 5 in the conference in that stat as well.

UNI's defense also has 2 of the top 5 in picks

and

Numbers 1, 2 and 4 in forced fumbles

If only the offense could click a bit faster.

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2015, 09:10 AM
We have 2 or 3 pretty solid receivers. One made ESPNs #4 play vs ISUr on a touchdown catch. I think our best chance is like last year, get a couple quick scores and try to play good the rest of the game rather than trying not to lose. Our OLine has been suspect so that makes me nervous. Our RB game shouldnt concern you unless it starts with yards early. Our offense is basically designed around getting the ball in our good player's hands out in space and let them make plays 1 on 1.

I feel like Matt Adam has improved his passing significantly over the season. He is definitely a run threat and vs NDSU I was stunned to see him have break away speed. Sometimes I think he waits too long to tuck and run when he has left the pocket BUT more often than not he will get more yards and is probably coached to do that, I just see 7 free yards and want him to take those....so maybe im too conservative.

Our punter **** the bed last week but i think it was rain/wind related. He will murder the ball in your dome. Our kickoff guy has a big leg but its like my golf game when there is OB on both sides of a hole....maybe its a touchback maybe we will re-tee from the 30yd line. FG kicker is pretty solid. Return teams look like I dont even have an analogy bad enough worth writing.

I think we have a shot at a win BUT this game sets up the opposite of how I like. Id take a suspect defense and a good offense team to play any day rather that the opposite.

OSBF
November 6th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Loser essentially out of playoff contention.

Panthers @home, defend the Dome

27-10

jtthenutt
November 6th, 2015, 09:15 AM
the offense DID click last weekend. Not to the tune that UNI fans of old are used to but certainly better than Carnes or Rennie under center

jtthenutt
November 6th, 2015, 09:16 AM
UNI has no return game. It doesn't matter. The only worse return game in all of football belongs to the NFL and the San Diego Chargers

eiu1999
November 6th, 2015, 09:21 AM
This should be a fun competitive one to watch, UNI by 7.

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2015, 09:26 AM
I saw its on comcast by the way. I may watch JSU at EIU on ESPN3, I dont think I have the energy to drive across town to watch it in person

UNIFanSince1983
November 6th, 2015, 09:33 AM
The offense sort of looked like what I expected a Joe Davis offense to look like in the first half last week. It seemed to revert in the second half, but it did give me some hope.

Looks like Bailey is getting more comfortable with the passing game too. Hopefully that means good things, but recently every time something has looked good for the Panthers it has come crashing down so I am cautiously optimistic about this game.

Sycamore62
November 6th, 2015, 10:05 AM
if it comes down to the same FG as last year, indoors UNI wins the game

jtthenutt
November 6th, 2015, 12:28 PM
if it comes down to the same FG as last year, indoors UNI wins the game

I have all faith in AutoSchmatic kicking to win the game

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Our best receiver Gary Owens didn't make the trip with a concussion. Not a good sign for us

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 04:20 PM
More stellar announcing. Just said knocks it in for Indiana State. 3-0 UNI

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 04:45 PM
ISU lucky to be down just 10-0 after the first.

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 04:48 PM
ISU lucky to be down just 10-0 after the first.
As opposed to 14-0?

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 04:52 PM
There's a big difference between two TD and a TD and a FG

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Oh

It's now 17-0 with 1156 left to half

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Are they going to start the running clock now or wait? xlolx

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 04:54 PM
youve got points every time you have been in the red zone. I don't think we could get more unlucky in this game to this point

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Pick 6 for Tim Kilfoy

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 04:59 PM
24-0 1056 left to half

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 04:59 PM
I think I can safely say that no QB should ever throw the ball with his non dominant hand prior to the last play of the game.

PantherRob82
November 7th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I think I can safely say that no QB should ever throw the ball with his non dominant hand prior to the last play of the game.

Yeah. WTF?

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 05:13 PM
UNI with another pick

Hall is a monster

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 05:24 PM
UNI goes up 31 0 with 220 before half

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 05:25 PM
UNI forced a fumble on the third play and dorleant returns it to the red zone with 202 left

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Bailey scores another rushing TD

38 0 with 106 till half

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 05:40 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/4c9a606ea8c4308e75fa3e1a44d26520.jpg

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Casey's is the TV sponsor?

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Casey's is the TV sponsor?

Always has been

Caseys has a logo on our basketball court

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 06:18 PM
ISU scores but false starts and then holds on the PAT. Results in a missed PAT

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Bailey scores his 4th rushing TD of the game.

45-6
225 left in third

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 06:54 PM
I think I'd be pulling UNI starters for safety sake

clenz
November 7th, 2015, 07:07 PM
77 yard pick 6 by junior Jamison Whiting with 424 left

59-13

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 07:13 PM
We sucked at every aspect of the game today. I assume the bus gets a ticket on the way home

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2015, 07:17 PM
The only way we could have done done worse would have been to show up at Northern Illinois because we read the schedule wrong.

UNIFanSince1983
November 8th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I didn't get to watch any of the game yesterday, but I was surprised when getting updates from friends. Did not expect a game like that...

Panther-State
November 8th, 2015, 07:20 PM

What are this weeks lottery numbers?

wretched
November 9th, 2015, 01:53 PM
What are this weeks lottery numbers?

HaHa I do every week:) Even a blind squirrel...

jtthenutt
November 9th, 2015, 01:56 PM
The only way we could have done done worse would have been to show up at Northern Illinois because we read the schedule wrong.

could have just gone to Cedar Rapids since that's where the NIU Panthers are from to anyone outside of the Valley

JayJ79
November 9th, 2015, 02:00 PM
random question:
when the Indiana State team ran out onto the field prior to the start of the game last Saturday, one of the Sycamore players was carrying a flag. I think it had "B S A" on it. (or maybe it was "B S U", but something starting with B S)

Anyone know what that was for?

clenz
November 9th, 2015, 02:25 PM
These two pictures, from the UNI football facebook page, sum this game up pretty well

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21714&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21715&stc=1

JayJ79
November 13th, 2015, 03:52 PM
in the first half of this game, on one of UNI's kickoffs, the Indiana State returner caught the ball in the endzone, halfway went to take a knee, then started running out of the endzone.

But the officials whistled the play dead and called it a touchback.

Didn't really make much of a difference in the game (most likely, he would have been tackled inside the 25 if they hadn't whistled the touchback), but I'm curious if the officials deemed that his knee DID touch, or is there a rule against "faking" a knee in that situation?

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2015, 10:01 PM
in the first half of this game, on one of UNI's kickoffs, the Indiana State returner caught the ball in the endzone, halfway went to take a knee, then started running out of the endzone.

But the officials whistled the play dead and called it a touchback.

Didn't really make much of a difference in the game (most likely, he would have been tackled inside the 25 if they hadn't whistled the touchback), but I'm curious if the officials deemed that his knee DID touch, or is there a rule against "faking" a knee in that situation?

I think faking one is the same as taking it. Don't hold me to that.

We **** the bed on kickoffs exactaly like that 2 times vs ndsu and 1 time caught it falling out of bounds on the 3 to start the game. Not sure what the hell is going on in practice

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Our first series really set the tone for the game. 6yd run false start 6 more yds false start coverage sack punt

spent the game with our #1 receiver in Terre Haute and connor underwood watching in shorts in the 2nd half. #1 RB and SS out for season

thats basically the difference between us and the regular good teams in the MVFC.... Good backups in important spots.

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2015, 10:38 PM
I think faking one is the same as taking it. Don't hold me to that.

We **** the bed on kickoffs exactaly like that 2 times vs ndsu and 1 time caught it falling out of bounds on the 3 to start the game. Not sure what the hell is going on in practice

That kickoff caught OOB at the 3 was insane.

Sycamore62
November 13th, 2015, 11:54 PM
That kickoff caught OOB at the 3 was insane.

That was the 3rd worst return of the game