PDA

View Full Version : WAY TO GO UMASS !!!!!!

gofurman
December 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
You all were clearly the better team. I was able to see all the second half and without penalties or the Griz home-field mystique I don't think that game is close.

Yardage for Umass was near(?) 500 and less than 300 for Montana. And you all put a hurt on that vaunted Montana run D. I loved watching Bobby Hauck lose. I heard some post-game comments of his from another game and they were rather cocky.

Way to go minutemen! You have certainly earned your way to the title game for sure coming through the A-10 and through Montana !

[ Ain't the playoffs great :) - In the BS you would not have been in the title bowl game as the #3 ranked team ]

Death Dealer
December 8th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Wow....just Wow! Great game of football. UMass owned Montana tonight!

DuckDuckGriz
December 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Wow guys they won by two. You're acting like it was a blowout. Sure UMass had plenty of times to open it up but then again so did Montana. For both teams it came down to one player. One delivered and one didn't.

Death Dealer
December 8th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Did we watch the same game? The score said two points, but UMass whipped you guys. Act like they didn't all you want, but I watched the game, and they did.:nod:

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 8th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Swogger and Baylark

nuff said :bow:

gofurman
December 8th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Wow guys they won by two. You're acting like it was a blowout. Sure UMass had plenty of times to open it up but then again so did Montana. For both teams it came down to one player. One delivered and one didn't.

Look a little deeper than the score and the 'one player'. Their Oline was dominant in the second half - that is what makes the RB go from very good to great and gave them almost twice the yardage of Montana. I would really like to know when is the last time someone doubled up Montana in yardage AT MONTANA? Anyone know? Last year in the playoffs - the team from California maybe???

bobbythekidd
December 8th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Well, I did didn't call this one, Way to go Umass (again).

YoUDeeMan
December 8th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Grizzyworld is worth a few scores - especially in the playoffs.

gofurman28 was right. Despite the score, UMass whooped up on the Griz.

Congrats UMass!

Sam Adams
December 8th, 2006, 10:40 PM
The UMass OLINE AND D AND BAYLARK - WOW. They dominated the game in the second half.

89Hen
December 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM
WTG UMass!! Great job representing the A10.

DDG, don't do grapes. UMass rammed the ball down your throat even when you knew it was coming. They won that game even while trying to throw it away with penalties.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Swogger and Baylark

nuff said :bow:

here are three better words: UMASS Offensive Line :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smiley_wi

SAGA45
December 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
How did Listorti do?

Cleets
December 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I do not enjoy Umass Fans (in general) but this was a clear victory, the best team won...

not as close as the score indicated (at all)

Griz40
December 8th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Did we watch the same game? The score said two points, but UMass whipped you guys. Act like they didn't all you want, but I watched the game, and they did.:nod:
yep you must have watched the same game(with beer goggles). Umass didn't own Montana....they came into a hostile environment and won a hard fought game that honestly came down to the wire............so please...Death Dealer...give your description of "own".

YoUDeeMan
December 9th, 2006, 12:03 AM
yep you must have watched the same game(with beer goggles). Umass didn't own Montana....they came into a hostile environment and won a hard fought game that honestly came down to the wire............so please...Death Dealer...give your description of "own".

Close score, but UMass dominated.

Umass UM
1st downs 23 12
Rush yards 226 83
Pass yards 234 167
Total offense 460 250
Penalties 12-85 1-8
Turnovers 2 3
TOP 39:14 20:46

If UMass wasn't playing against themselves (penalties) and the crowd, the Griz get whipped on the scoreboard also. :nod:

Still, the Griz fans put on a great show for FCS. You guys should be proud of your team, your fans, and your whole program. :hurray:

ncguitarplyr
December 9th, 2006, 12:37 AM
hate to say it but i told ya so....i said umass by 3-6....if they had made that stupid field goal they would have won by 5...instead they won by 2 but if the score was representative of the game they would have won by 10....now just think if the game had been at umass....im ****in scared to play umass...we'll find out tomorrow if we'll even get the chance to

WIU02
December 9th, 2006, 12:54 AM
UMASS was by far the better team and unfortunately the entire state of Montana has nothing to look forward to until next August/September when football starts up again. Great game to UMass and better luck to the Grizzlie Mountain men next season.

Out of curiosity...was this more or less disappointing than the loss to Russ Michna and WIU when they had a down year and still took care of business on your turf?

BisBison
December 9th, 2006, 12:57 AM
congrats to UMASS, what a showcase game for the FCS!!! Great atmosphere in MT. :hurray: :hurray:

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2006, 12:59 AM
UMASS was by far the better team and unfortunately the entire state of Montana has nothing to look forward to until next August/September when football starts up again. Great game to UMass and better luck to the Grizzlie Mountain men next season.

Out of curiosity...was this more or less disappointing than the loss to Russ Michna and WIU when they had a down year and still took care of business on your turf?

The caddis fly hatch for flyfishing starts in March.

Square.

DrG
December 9th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Thanks to everybody. We especially want to bring it home for the A10!

Grizo406
December 9th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I just got back from the game, and found myself thinking what an absolute pleasure it was to watch Baylark play. This guy is simply amazing, and a stud of the first order.

Tons of props, and congratulations to the UMass Minutemen. We were out coached, and outplayed by a better team tonight. It doesn't hurt, in the least to say that, but this loss hurts like a MF'er!

Nothing but the best of luck to you guys, next Friday in Chattanooga! And thank you...I think...for savin' me $1200.:bawling: :bawling: :thumbsup:

ChickenMan
December 9th, 2006, 09:50 AM
And thank you...I think...for savin' me $1200.:bawling: :bawling: :thumbsup:

You can cry in a LOT of beer... for $1200... :bawling:

Proud Griz Man
December 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM
You all were clearly the better team. I was able to see all the second half and without penalties or the Griz home-field mystique I don't think that game is close.

Yardage for Umass was near(?) 500 and less than 300 for Montana. And you all put a hurt on that vaunted Montana run D. I loved watching Bobby Hauck lose. I heard some post-game comments of his from another game and they were rather cocky.

Way to go minutemen! You have certainly earned your way to the title game for sure coming through the A-10 and through Montana !

[ Ain't the playoffs great :) - In the BS you would not have been in the title bowl game as the #3 ranked team ]

Hauck was respectful and not cocky. You're wrong. UMass was the better team and got the Win. Griz had a good season. 12 wins, and just 2 losses.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2006_2007/Football/Multimedia/vs_Massachus/hauck_umassrecap.wmv

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Exactly. What exactly has Hauck said to make him arrogant or cocky?

Since this Furman fan has such a hard-on for the Griz, I'm wondering if it's either a Montana State fan in disguise or someone still bitter from 2001.

At any rate -- I am interested to see the App State - Youngstown game today and see how UMass stacks up.

Mountaineer
December 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I think UMass will stack up quite well with either team that happens to win today. Actually I'd probably go ahead and say UMass would be the favorite based off the strength of Baylark's performance last night.

windwalker
December 9th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Congrats UMASS !!! Great game to watch.
Good luck at 'Nooga !!!

Tailbone
December 9th, 2006, 01:45 PM
You can cry in a LOT of beer... for $1200... :bawling:

I heard it was much less expensive at the Crapsville bar.

.....Now if I can just find it......I don't get there very often.

gofurman
December 9th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Exactly. What exactly has Hauck said to make him arrogant or cocky?

Since this Furman fan has such a hard-on for the Griz, I'm wondering if it's either a Montana State fan in disguise or someone still bitter from 2001.

At any rate -- I am interested to see the App State - Youngstown game today and see how UMass stacks up.

True Furman fan. It wwas the comments by Hauck after UM beat MSU that I heard and though were cocky. No biggie. Umass will be a tough out for whoever wins today.

DuckDuckGriz
December 9th, 2006, 02:12 PM
True Furman fan. It wwas the comments by Hauck after UM beat MSU that I heard and though were cocky. No biggie. Umass will be a tough out for whoever wins today.

Again -- what comments?

BigApp
December 9th, 2006, 02:46 PM
good job University of Massachusetts-Amherst Minutemen!

nlwwln
December 9th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I was impressed by baylark as well, I thought the guy was a transfer but then I heard he was a 4 year starter not to mention gaining 1,000 yds each of those 4 years. The fullback matt lawrence was also very impressive #32 he had some nice runs, he transferred from uconn though. half that team was probably transfers, i bet they dont even recruit high school players anymore, just transfers. xlolx jk

Peems
December 9th, 2006, 05:58 PM
i agree, in the second half we got our butt whooped. I heard someone say that they thought they took baylark out in the first half so he would be "rested"...bull. the 2nd string tailback(washington was it?) had just as much success, baylark was good but the o-line was the reason. they just bulled us. as hauck said if we had scored on the final drive it would of been nothing more than an "escape act."

Now if someone could help me answer a honest question. what did Umass do differently defensively in the 2nd half? i was at the game and just thought overall field position killed us. thoughts?

uofmman1122
December 9th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Now if someone could help me answer a honest question. what did Umass do differently defensively in the 2nd half? i was at the game and just thought overall field position killed us. thoughts?

They hit our achiles heel: Blitzed our inexperienced, young O-Line, and our Quarterback that has had trouble escaping from blitzes all year. I told a friend before the game, "If this team blitzes us, we're screwed," and that's what happened in the second half.

All in all, I won't complain too much. It was a fun time, for sure. I'd like to see another night game soon, as they are loads of fun, and a fresh take on the already awesome Griz home games. I'm also really looking forward to the stadium expansion that's in the works. Hopefully get some loud fans to conter the geriatric unit on the West side. xlolx Just kidding. Well, Griz fans, here's to looking forward to an awesome season next year. GO GRIZ!

Cobblestone
December 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Congrats to Liam Coen as well as the rest of the Minutemen. Lead them all the way to the championship Liam.