PDA

View Full Version : Griz DE Named Rhodes Scholar Finalist

Uncle Rico's Clan
November 4th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Montana's Derek Crittenden was named a Rhodes Scholar finalist, and is also a finalist for Campbell Trophy which is often referred to as the academic Heisman. Amazingly cool news in my opinion, and great for the University of Montana.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/grizzlies-crittenden-named-rhodes-finalist-must-miss-cat-griz-game/article_27f65941-361a-5275-9a9b-5c6247786871.html

Bill
November 4th, 2015, 12:13 PM
That is truly awesome...congratulations go out to him! Rhodes Scholars are not given out lightly :)

Wishing this young man continued success.

veinup
November 4th, 2015, 12:56 PM
"must miss cat - griz game" !!?!?

jokes aside, much respect. don't see that every day..

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Excellent work by the lad for sure. Lots of opportunities in his future. UM does pretty well with this in general.

The 23-year old from Whitefish is Montana's seventh Rhodes finalist in the past 11 years. UM has produced 28 scholarship winners in its history, dating back to George Barnes in 1904. The last from Montana, Charlotte Morrison, came in 1993.

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Excellent work by the lad for sure. Lots of opportunities in his future. UM does pretty well with this in general.

Rhodes scholarships are administered on a regional basis. Students from Montana competes with residents in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Rhodes scholarships are administered on a regional basis. Students from Montana competes with residents in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.

Yes, 32 a year, 16 regions, I get how it works I think. As a school UM does fairly well from what I understand. Did I say something incorrect?