View Full Version : NEC Week 10 - Pick 'em

RedFlash
November 3rd, 2015, 01:22 PM
Week 10 has the following slate of games:

St. Francis at Central Connecticut
Bryant at Wagner
Duquesne at Sacred Heart
East Tennessee at Robert Morris

Two of these games have the potential to be pretty competitive. I'm being a homer with my SFU pick, especially since they haven't played well on the road this year. I do think Sacred Heart has a shot against the Dukes. Bryant and RMU should win going away.

eiu1999
November 3rd, 2015, 02:22 PM
Bryant at Wagner
Duquesne at Sacred Heart
East Tennessee at Robert Morris

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2015, 04:14 PM
Duquesne at Sacred Heart

Two of these games have the potential to be pretty competitive. I'm being a homer with my SFU pick, especially since they haven't played well on the road this year. I do think Sacred Heart has a shot against the Dukes. Bryant and RMU should win going away.

And those are the 2 games with direct playoff implications.

1) If CCSU wins and Duquense loses, it put Central Connecticut on a direct path to the AQ. The Blue Devils would clinch with a win the following week at Wagner.

2) If Saint Francis wins and Duquesne loses, it puts Bryant as the favorite to win the NEC AQ. The Bulldogs hold the tiebreaker over SFU.

3) If CCSU wins and Duquense wins, it creates a 3-way tie between Bryant (3-1), Central (4-1), and Duquesne (4-1).

4) If Saint Francis wins and Duquesne wins, it creates a 3-way tie between Bryant (3-1), Duquesne (4-1), and SFU (3-1). However, it again puts Bryant as the favorite to win the AQ because the Bulldogs hold the tiebreaker over both the Dukes and SFU.

bonarae
November 3rd, 2015, 04:35 PM
St. Francis
Bryant
Sacred Heart
Robert Morris

blackbeard
November 3rd, 2015, 05:29 PM
Central Connecticut - CCSU starting to put all the pieces together
Bryant - Seahwaks are very disappointing
Duquesne - can't keep making the homer pick, SHU has lost the edge it played with the last 2 years and the Dukes are battling for the AQ spot
Robert Morris - still laugh about seeing an ETSU fan expecting to pick up their first D1 win earlier this year against the Red Flash - how did that work out for you?

RedFlash
November 4th, 2015, 08:24 AM
This may be wishful thinking on my part, but I see the CCSU/SFU game as the beginning of a nice battle for the top of the NEC for the next few years. CCSU has a young team that will only get better the next few years. Similarly, SFU has a pretty strong defense that will return 8 starters and an offense that will bring back its QB, O-line and an excellent RB. I know the Duquesne and Bryant folks will likely disagree, but I think both the Flash and Blue Devils are trending up these days.

RedFlash
November 4th, 2015, 08:25 AM
And those are the 2 games with direct playoff implications.

1) If CCSU wins and Duquense loses, it put Central Connecticut on a direct path to the AQ. The Blue Devils would clinch with a win the following week at Wagner.

2) If Saint Francis wins and Duquesne loses, it puts Bryant as the favorite to win the NEC AQ. The Bulldogs hold the tiebreaker over SFU.

3) If CCSU wins and Duquense wins, it creates a 3-way tie between Bryant (3-1), Central (4-1), and Duquesne (4-1).

4) If Saint Francis wins and Duquesne wins, it creates a 3-way tie between Bryant (3-1), Duquesne (4-1), and SFU (3-1). However, it again puts Bryant as the favorite to win the AQ because the Bulldogs hold the tiebreaker over both the Dukes and SFU.

It's a crazy year in the NEC. Both Duquesne and SFU need Sacred Heart to pull itself together next week at Bryant.

Original_RMC
November 4th, 2015, 01:17 PM
St. Francis at Central Connecticut - going with SFU on the road. Their defense will be the difference in this very close battle. SFU 21-20
Bryant at Wagner - Wagner hangs tough in the 1st half but Bryant pulls away at the end. Bryant 24-13
Duquesne at Sacred Heart - So much on the line for his game. Dukes have found a running game but is it enough against SHU...I think just barely. Dukes 17-13
East Tennessee at Robert Morris - tons of rumors flying around RMU this week. The team will be focused and should win a game they need to win. If RMU loses....OUCH...look out off-season. RMU 24-10

RedFlash
November 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
East Tennessee at Robert Morris - tons of rumors flying around RMU this week. The team will be focused and should win a game they need to win. If RMU loses....OUCH...look out off-season. RMU 24-10

I've heard similar rumors that changes are in store for RMU after the season. Not sure if that means a change at the top or just a staff shake-up. There's no way they lose to ETSU though.

Original_RMC
November 5th, 2015, 09:33 AM
I've heard similar rumors that changes are in store for RMU after the season. Not sure if that means a change at the top or just a staff shake-up. There's no way they lose to ETSU though.

Agree that they should win. They just need to play their game and play a complete game. Something that has been hurting this team.
RMU has only scored 10pts total all season in the 3rd quarter. Half time adjustments are just not producing.

aceinthehole
November 7th, 2015, 12:26 PM
It's a crazy year in the NEC. Both Duquesne and SFU need Sacred Heart to pull itself together next week at Bryant.

Not going to happen - Bryant is going to win out this year.

If SFU beats CCSU today, Bryant will take the NEC AQ.

The SFPA-Duquesne finale will still be for the title of NEC Champs - but both teams lose the AQ tiebreaker to Bryant.

RedFlash
November 7th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Wow, RMU/ETSU 7-6 at the half. What the heck is going on with RMU?

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 7th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Not going to happen - Bryant is going to win out this year.

If SFU beats CCSU today, Bryant will take the NEC AQ.

The SFPA-Duquesne finale will still be for the title of NEC Champs - but both teams lose the AQ tiebreaker to Bryant.

I just want a winning season.

downbythebeach
November 7th, 2015, 01:36 PM
I just want a winning season.
Babysteps
Plus I don't count that U of Faith win as a win

downbythebeach
November 7th, 2015, 01:54 PM
3 SFU fans on AGS is a record
With 3 different helmet designs

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 7th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Babysteps
Plus I don't count that U of Faith win as a win

I count it as a win. 6-3 on the year and our first winning season since 1992.

- - - Updated - - -

3 SFU fans on AGS is a record
With 3 different helmet designs

We do have amazing uniform designs.

aceinthehole
November 7th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Congrats to you guys - it is well deserved. Saint Francis is a historically horrible program so I'm glad to see the sunshine in Loretto this November :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 7th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Lehigh 51 Holy Cross 24 5:05 4Q