PDA

View Full Version : Big South Conference

4bidn1
November 2nd, 2015, 07:42 AM
Is there any way that the Big South could become a 3 bid league this year with CCU, CSU, and LU all getting into post season. I have been reading about how other league are super multi-bid leagues like MVFC, and CAA and such. IDK, so I was only asking.

Discuss

rokamortis
November 2nd, 2015, 07:46 AM
Is there any way that the Big South could become a 3 bid league this year with CCU, CSU, and LU all getting into post season. I have been reading about how other league are super multi-bid leagues like MVFC, and CAA and such. IDK, so I was only asking.

Discuss

I don't think so. Even at 7-4, Liberty would have to compete with a ton of other 7-4 teams and I think they'd be left out. Essentially their wins over CCU and CSU would weaken the conference so making 3 teams harder to justify.

4bidn1
November 2nd, 2015, 08:29 AM
well how does that differ from that of the CAA is it because they have more teams, so them getting possibly 4 teams in makes the league look stronger, Im of the mindset that it could mean the BSC is not full of cupcakes and pushovers.

rokamortis
November 2nd, 2015, 08:40 AM
well how does that differ from that of the CAA is it because they have more teams, so them getting possibly 4 teams in makes the league look stronger, Im of the mindset that it could mean the BSC is not full of cupcakes and pushovers.

The CAA is bigger and is rated better but plus they have 3 teams just in a better position. They will likely get 3 teams but could get 2 if any of the top 3 finish with 4 losses that don't win the autobid. I think 4 teams for the CAA is a stretch, but is possible.

hktribefan
November 2nd, 2015, 08:53 AM
If Liberty can win out and get to 7 wins, sure they have a shot. This year, I think most teams at 7-4 will get a look. I just don't see Liberty beating CSU and Coastal back to back weeks.

4bidn1
November 2nd, 2015, 08:57 AM
tall order for sure, I know that much

WileECoyote06
November 2nd, 2015, 09:44 AM
I don't think so. Even at 7-4, Liberty would have to compete with a ton of other 7-4 teams and I think they'd be left out. Essentially their wins over CCU and CSU would weaken the conference so making 3 teams harder to justify.

Actually, that'd be two more quality wins for Liberty. If they pull that off, they're in; and I think the Big South gets three. Liberty would have won four games in a row as well.

rokamortis
November 2nd, 2015, 09:47 AM
Actually, that'd be two more quality wins for Liberty. If they pull that off, they're in; and I think the Big South gets three. Liberty would have won four games in a row as well.

It would be possible, but their losses and having to go up against the MVFC and CAA teams I think Liberty would be left out. But stranger things have happened.

4bidn1
November 2nd, 2015, 09:50 AM
even tho if the committee looked and said well hey they did go on road and beat JMU in JMU and they may be on struggle status anyways so, having to possibly send them on the road to another CAA venue it would/could be a good and possible winnable game, @JMU @W&M or @Richmond

walliver
November 2nd, 2015, 04:08 PM
Liberty losses to Gardner-Webb and Monmouth will be hard for the committee to overlook.

jmrepak
November 7th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Charleston Southern's win today locks at least a share of the Big South title and guarantees them the autobid (the have 1 conf game left so even if they lose the only other team that can have one loss is Coastal and they have the head to head). They may be the first lock of the season. Congrats to the Bucs. That's one hell of a coach and a pretty good team they've got down South.

Side note: this will be their first playoff appearance so congrats on that as well.

knucklehead
November 7th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Liberty's Josh Woodrum became the all time Big South passing leader tonight.