PDA

View Full Version : SLC Pick'em: Week 10

BEAR
November 1st, 2015, 02:16 PM
This is an elimination week. The bottom player/players will be eliminated next week. There are 3 weeks left. (Well, some teams have 3 games left while others have 2)

Current standings as of 11-1-15: Week 9/10?

UCABEAR-15
SAMMY94- 12
EIU1999- 8
CATATONIC- 7
…………………..
REVSFA- 6
The reigning champion has his parade rained on this week as the king steps down from his throne…REVSFA has been eliminated.

Games this week: Would the last 4 contestants please put at least a placemat post on page 1. Smack talk afterwards. Thanks!

SHSU at McNeese
ACU at NWST
SFA at UCA
Nicholls at Lamar
UIW at SLU

ALL picks must be in by midnight Friday November 6th. Any questions feel free to PM me.

I’m not sure what the prize this year will be but contributions are welcomed!

Don't forget to pick the WINNER AND THE POINT SPREAD. Example: SAM by 45 or SAM +45. Any questions about previous weeks winners picks please PM me. Remember, I'm the only one working this contest...it's not easy.

BEAR
November 1st, 2015, 02:18 PM
SHSU at McNeese +8
ACU at NWST +11
SFA at UCA +18
Nicholls at Lamar +4
UIW at SLU +25

Catatonic
November 1st, 2015, 02:19 PM
SHSU at McNeese +3
ACU at NWST +10
SFA at UCA +13
Nicholls at Lamar +25
UIW at SLU +24

eiu1999
November 2nd, 2015, 02:12 PM
SHSU at McNeese +7
ACU at NWST +3
SFA at UCA +14
Nicholls at Lamar +3
UIW at SLU +14

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2015, 03:43 PM
SHSU +13
NWST +6
UCA +17
Lamar +24
SLU +24

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2015, 04:08 PM
SHSU +13
NWST +6
UCA +17
Lamar +24
SLU +24

Ahhhh you went easy on us

crossfire07
November 3rd, 2015, 04:13 AM
SHSU at McNeese
ACU at NWST
SFA at UCA
Nicholls at Lamar
UIW at SLU

My point spread to come later this week.

I gotta call BS on your pick. You didn't pick who you think will win. You picked who you WANT to win :)

BEAR
November 3rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
I gotta call BS on your pick. You didn't pick who you think will win. You picked who you WANT to win :)

Ok. Yeah. So I did. But don't you think Sam's offense is good enough to score some points on you? I mean you played a UCA team that was down 2 QBs, only the backup had to return because the third string guy showed you what happened in one play when he was in the game and we still got 330+ yards on you. I don't think JJ has any health issues that he will be out of the game so if any OFFENSE has a chance to score on you it will be the Bearkats. But as I've said, the Cowboy defense is most likely enough to win it if they play better than they did against ACU.

MSU_77
November 3rd, 2015, 09:08 AM
Ok. Yeah. So I did. But don't you think Sam's offense is good enough to score some points on you? I mean you played a UCA team that was down 2 QBs, only the backup had to return because the third string guy showed you what happened in one play when he was in the game and we still got 330+ yards on you. I don't think JJ has any health issues that he will be out of the game so if any OFFENSE has a chance to score on you it will be the Bearkats. But as I've said, the Cowboy defense is most likely enough to win it if they play better than they did against ACU.

I am recently remarried, and my new wife loves to watch Bravo reality shows. This reminds me (mildly) of some of the drama on those shows. ;)

Bottom line: The Cowboys will need to score more points than last week if they expect to win - unless the defense pitches a shutout. Unlikely.

crossfire07
November 4th, 2015, 05:06 AM
UCA's offense had 313 yards and lost by 15 so I don't get the point here on what the yardage means.

Your a player that is used to going and playing and winning in a NFL stadium, going and playing in stadiums like Missouri, Nebraska, LSU and so on then go to a high school stadium where the atmosphere is dead, the stands are all but empty I guess because of Halloween, high school names on each end zone your gonna play one of your best games? I'm not making excuses for how we played which I guess doesn't matter as long as you get the W but I'm sure the atmosphere affected them. I'm glad next time we go up there it will be played in their new house. Who knows, they could have been looking ahead to this weeks game. I passed the buses on the way home and guess what game they was watching as they rolled through Huntsville? ;)

SFA 93
November 6th, 2015, 06:32 PM
On going back to play Central Arkansas:
“Right now it’s all about the game plan and preparation. Certainly you don’t stay in a place for that amount of time and build that success and those relationships without expecting some anxiety (about returning) at some point. But at the end of the day I’ve got to be mature enough and humble enough to make sure we stay on point and that we stay grounded. Our players know I spent a long time there and it doesn’t have to be talked about. What needs to be talked about is how good of a football team we are getting ready to play and how tough of an environment that is to play in. I think they’ve lost four home games since 2010, so we’re no doubt going to have to answer the bell this week when we go out and play what will need to be our best game to date. They’re honoring the 10 years of Division I football and that’s kind of cool because I’ll get to see some of my old players. That saves me a bunch of phone calls. I get a chance to hang out for a minute with some of the old players that really helped get that program going.”

On what Central Arkansas meant to his career:
“I had been at a number of schools and had other opportunities, but they gave me my first opportunity to be a head coach. There was just tremendous tradition there. They’ve won something like 24 or 25 conference titles, three national championships, so many post game appearances. That was intriguing to me because you knew you were going into a place that expected to win, that had won at a really high level. About 18 of their starting 22 I’m very familiar with. I’ve been to every one of their homes through the recruiting process and they are just excellent football players and great young men. Blake Veasley, for example, he’s second in our conference in rushing. He walked on at Memphis and we gave him an opportunity to be a non-scholarship player at UCA. Just to see that development while we were there and the development to now, there’s a number of outstanding young men that I’ve coached like Blake. There’s so many stories like that but at the end of the day you got to just put all that out of your mind, prepare your players and they’ve got to go compete, execute and play. It’ll be cool going back there. I don’t know what kind of reception were going to get but it’s UCA and Stephen F. Austin, which normally plays some pretty entertaining ball games and there is a lot on the line for both teams.”

On preparing for a team that is familiar with your style:
“I’m pretty familiar with their players, but their players and the coaches know about me. Steve Campbell’s a great coach and he’s had unbelievable success in junior college football. They aren’t very complicated, contrary to popular belief. There’s a lot of motions and shifts but they aren’t a very complicated team on either side of the football. They play so hard, execute so well and they make very few mistakes. They’re very good in the kicking game and as I said, we’re going to have to answer the bell this week, give our best effort and play as clean as we possibly can to give ourselves a chance to win on Saturday.”

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_original/9002004.jpeg

McNeese75
November 6th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Looks like a coin flip to me

crossfire07
November 7th, 2015, 08:36 AM
I'm going to pull for SFA obviously. Its nice to know McNeese was the one that gave them half of those home losses and I believe the first ones not to fear the stripes anymore :) I don't think the football Gods were happy with us that day an unleashed a strange set of weather events during that game.

BEAR
November 7th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Catatonic gets the UCA point.

BEAR
November 7th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Bear get the McNeese point.

BEAR
November 7th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Sammy94 gets the NWST point.

BEAR
November 7th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Nobody got the Nicholls point!