PDA

View Full Version : ASU-YSU Traffic on 321 Info

BrevardMountaineer03
December 8th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Taken from GoASU.com:
TRAVEL NOTE: Fans traveling to Boone via U.S. 321 from Lenoir/Hickory and Charlotte are advised to give themselves extra time to get to the game, as a rockslide on 321 just south of Blowing Rock will limit traffic to just one lane throughout the weekend.

The road is not closed, but travelers using 321 may experience delays and are advised to use caution through the area.

Alternate routes are available for fans that wish to avoid the area altogether. From Lenoir/Hickory, take N.C. 18 to U.S. 421 North in Wilkes County and follow 421 into Boone. From Charlotte, fans can take I-77 to U.S. 421 North in Yadkin County and follow 421 into Boone.

Just a note to all fans planning to go up 321 on Saturday.

Go App!

appheel
December 8th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I drive that way to work every morning, and as of yesterday, they were leading traffic through a gravel turn off on the side of the road, one lane at a time. At 7 AM, this caused me to be 20 minutes late. I highly reccommend going a different way.

boonedocks
December 8th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yes, any of you fans coming from charlotte, i would just go 77 to 421. it might be a little longer but it takes about the same amount of time.

BrevardMountaineer03
December 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks for help with directions, does anybody have any other routes to the game?

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks for help with directions, does anybody have any other routes to the game?

BrevardMnteer:
I presume you are coming from Brevard. If so, cut north off I-40 at Marion & take US221 N to NC105. This will bypass US321 & the rockslide. I spoke to someone who went down past the rockslide today & they said they had only a 15 minute delay. But, if there is a lot of traffic tomorrow the delay could be MUCH longer.

catamount man
December 9th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Expect a lot of curves on Hwy 221 BrevardMtneer, but it's a pretty route. I took it last time WCU played at the Rock. Man, I hope someday to be enjoying a semifinal game in Cullowhee.: smh :

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appman87
December 9th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Expect a lot of curves on Hwy 221 BrevardMtneer, but it's a pretty route. I took it last time WCU played at the Rock. Man, I hope someday to be enjoying a semifinal game in Cullowhee.: smh :

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
Maybe you will and I hope you pull for us today.

FlyYtown
December 9th, 2006, 09:15 AM
I appreciate all the info you guys are providing for those heading to this game... I am not sure if the Penguin busses will be hitting this area, but if they are, I hope everyone get's through safely..

SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL.
GOOD LUCK ASU AND YSU!

NativeAppy
December 9th, 2006, 09:28 AM
BrevardMnteer:
I presume you are coming from Brevard. If so, cut north off I-40 at Marion & take US221 N to NC105. This will bypass US321 & the rockslide. I spoke to someone who went down past the rockslide today & they said they had only a 15 minute delay. But, if there is a lot of traffic tomorrow the delay could be MUCH longer.

I live in Jonas Ridge which is 5 minutes from the top of the curvy 221. Actually once you get on 221 and arrive in the mountains it is 35 minutes to Boone. 221 branches off in Linville (straight is 221, left is 105) you can't miss it. If you see the entrance to Grandfather Mtn, you've taken the wrong road:)