PDA

View Full Version : JMU and Charleston Southern

Stonewall D
October 31st, 2015, 09:40 PM
After JMU's loss and CHSOs win, CHSO has just taken JMU's spot in the playoffs. JMHO

FargoBison
October 31st, 2015, 09:42 PM
After JMU's loss and CSU's win, CSU has just taken JMU's spot in the playoffs. JMHO

Umm no...both are firmly in the playoffs at the moment.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 09:43 PM
Umm no...both are firmly in the playoffs.

I completely agree. JMU should be able to win out and coast into the playoffs at 9-2. They'll be a tough out even with a bad defense....

The CAA is still the second best conference in FCS. No shame in taking a couple of lumps imo. They just need to bounce back....

Stonewall D
October 31st, 2015, 09:55 PM
Not if JMU keeps losing.

knucklehead
October 31st, 2015, 09:56 PM
Not sure JMU wins out

FargoBison
October 31st, 2015, 09:56 PM
Not if JMU keeps losing.

All they need is one win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 09:58 PM
Not sure JMU wins out

They're at Delaware and home against Villanova. They should win those games. UD would seem like the potential pitfall. The Dukes also have a bye this week to regroup....

tribe_pride
October 31st, 2015, 10:08 PM
You guys realize that JMU lost to 2 teams who are in top 13 AGS in pretty close games to each team right? Both could be top 10 in this week's poll. And it's not like they got blown out

KPSUL
October 31st, 2015, 10:39 PM
Not if JMU keeps losing.

Apparently you didn't watch the JMU W&M game. Both of those teams have the potential of going deep in the playoffs.

Tribal
October 31st, 2015, 11:00 PM
No disrespect toward the OP, but this is a silly thread. JMU is an excellent team with a week to make some improvements. JMU's QB just started his first collegiate game against the best defense in the CAA. Settle your center down and work on your special teams and you'll be fine. You don't go from being a top 3 team in the FCS--> two losses to top 15 teams --> no playoffs.

jsnow84
October 31st, 2015, 11:57 PM
You guys realize that JMU lost to 2 teams who are in top 13 AGS in pretty close games to each team right? Both could be top 10 in this week's poll. And it's not like they got blown out

Yep.

Stonewall D
November 1st, 2015, 04:32 AM
But right now JMU is struggling. Their defense is problematic. W&M moved the ball at will. Villanova is no cupcake. If JMU loses another, they will be a bubble team.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 05:05 AM
If JMU wins either of their last 2 games, they are easily in the field. In the most likely scenario, they win both.

The Dukes have a better chance of getting a bye in the first round than being out. Still a very dangerous team.

tribe_pride
November 1st, 2015, 06:39 AM
But right now JMU is struggling. Their defense is problematic. W&M moved the ball at will. Villanova is no cupcake. If JMU loses another, they will be a bubble team.

You apparently didn't watch the Nova game yesterday. They beat Maine 13-3 in a game that was not well played at all including showing that Nova will not score FGs so they need TDs. Tribe beat Nova 38-16 @Nova. JMU will beat Nova by double digits. Also, even if they lose a game, do you really think an 8-3 CAA team is on the bubble for a playoff that accepts 24 teams?

tribefan40
November 1st, 2015, 08:11 AM

Nope. W&M hasn't had much trouble moving the ball this year, nor has Richmond. Jmu wins out and has a bye going in to the playoffs without breaking a sweat. Schlor has two games to grow up a bit more before the playoffs but I will say, he performed much better than I expected in Williamsburg. Despite the issues on defense, jmu will be a terror come the postseason.

MacThor
November 1st, 2015, 08:28 AM
JMU is not a bubble team, but their defense is problematic. I haven't seen poorer tackling at the FCS level than JMU's in the second half yesterday.

MR. CHICKEN
November 1st, 2015, 11:40 AM
You apparently didn't watch the Nova game yesterday. They beat Maine 13-3 in a game that was not well played at all including showing that Nova will not score FGs so they need TDs. Tribe beat Nova 38-16 @Nova. JMU will beat Nova by double digits. Also, even if they lose a game, do you really think an 8-3 CAA team is on the bubble for a playoff that accepts 24 teams?

.....NOR....CHECK OUT DUH YOU-DEE/TOWSON RESULTS....19-0....DELAWARE HAD JES' 14 PASSIN' YDS.......IN AN' OFFENSE TOUTED AS DUH SPREAD.....QB WALKER..RFR..WAS 3-9-14...ONE INT...AN' STRIPPED UH PIGGY ON UH SACK......ALL.....AS DUH HENS WERE IN ARREARS ENTIRE AFTERAH-NOON...9 PASSES....AN' TRAILIN' ENTIRE GAME......BROCK SAID SEVERAL PASS PLAYS BECAME SCRAMBLE RUNS.....AS WALKER......TRIED TA EVADE DUH TIGERS.....LIKE DUH VEGAS ACT....SIEGFREID & ROY.....DID AH MENTION WE HAD 88 YDS BAH LAND....FO' TOTAL UH 102.....AN' NEVER SMELT...DUH REDZONE....'CAUSE HENS DIDN'T INFILTRATRATE BEYOND TOWSON'S 37...WHERE OURAH D-BACK INTERCEPTED ERRANT TIGER TOSS...FEW YARDS FROM DERE.....2ND GOOSE-EGG DIS SEASON.....AN' LAST TIME HAPPENIN'....1964......SO......BARRIN' JMU...DROPPIN' DUH SPORT ENTIRELAH...BAH NOV. 14th.....DUKIES ARE IN............xembarrassedx:(xmadx.......FIRE BRAWK!

ANYONE WHO WON'T TAKE TRANSFERS....IS JES' PLAIN STUPID....RIGHT KC.............xcoolx...........FIRE BRAWK!

KPSUL
November 1st, 2015, 11:54 AM
JMU is not a bubble team, but their defense is problematic. I haven't seen poorer tackling at the FCS level than JMU's in the second half yesterday.

When your D faces the William and Mary run game you'll better understand why the tackling looked poor.

MacThor
November 1st, 2015, 01:35 PM
When your D faces the William and Mary run game you'll better understand why the tackling looked poor.

I'm not talking about W&M's running game.

Stonewall D
November 1st, 2015, 02:55 PM
W&M's offensive line is very good. That was a big reason for their success against JMU. That said, JMU was very weak in pass defense. The tribe was very good at converting 2 yard pass plays unto 15 yard gains. JMU has issues with their defense.

Catsfan90
November 1st, 2015, 05:18 PM
Not sure what to do with JMU in the poll this week.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 05:20 PM
Not sure what to do with JMU in the poll this week.

I'm not voter but if i was they'd be around 12-13. They lost 2 tough games to other top teams. They'll be a tough out for anybody in the playoffs.

Catsfan90
November 1st, 2015, 05:20 PM
I'm not voter but if i was they'd be around 12-13. They lost 2 tough games to other top teams. They'll be a tough out for anybody in the playoffs.
Yah, I had planned on keeping them around my 10-25, but it sure I'll keep them top 10.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 05:23 PM
Yah, I had planned on keeping them around my 10-25, but it sure I'll keep them top 10.

Too flawed defensively to be in the Top 10. Too good offensively to be outside the Top 15.

Catsfan90
November 1st, 2015, 05:24 PM
Too flawed defensively to be in the Top 10. Too good offensively to be outside the Top 15.
Yah they looked good against W&M. With the exception of the obvious mistakes they looked solid. But as for defense, almost non existent.

Stonewall D
November 1st, 2015, 05:31 PM
How can JMU be a top team with a defense like that? They need a week off, but I am not sure it will help.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 05:33 PM
How can JMU be a top team with a defense like that? They need a week off, but I am not sure it will help.

To better answer your question, let me ask you a question. How much FCS football outside of the CAA have you watched? Based on the premise of this thread, i would guess 'Very Little' will be your answer.

tribe_pride
November 1st, 2015, 06:28 PM

Stonewall - is there a reason that you have only come around here over the past 6 years when Richmond has played well and completely disappear when Richmond is not playing well?

RootinFerDukes
November 1st, 2015, 10:12 PM
Lol at this thread. We're currently the 3rd place team in a conference that has gotten 3 and 4 teams in since the field expanded to 24 teams. Common sense would've stopped you right there.
Never mind the fact that the only remaining CAA teams without five or more losses are Towson and Villanova. We've already beaten Towson, so we'll win that bubble argument.
JMU will be favored against UD and VU, both of whom don't have nearly the offenses that UR and WM had.

Catsfan90
November 2nd, 2015, 12:02 AM
Lol at this thread. We're currently the 3rd place team in a conference that has gotten 3 and 4 teams in since the field expanded to 24 teams. Common sense would've stopped you right there.
Never mind the fact that the only remaining CAA teams without five or more losses are Towson and Villanova. We've already beaten Towson, so we'll win that bubble argument.
JMU will be favored against UD and VU, both of whom don't have nearly the offenses that UR and WM had.
UNH only has four losses.

RootinFerDukes
November 2nd, 2015, 08:41 AM
UNH only has four losses. yep, sorry i just went off the top of my head last night and forgot about unh :X
Given the weak at-large field in FCS this year, a fourth 7-4 CAA team is not crazy talk. To say a 3rd place team from a 4 bid conference isn't in the field is beyond asinine.

bluehenbillk
November 2nd, 2015, 08:46 AM
JMU will be favored in both of their remaining games.

Catsfan90
November 2nd, 2015, 10:25 AM
yep, sorry i just went off the top of my head last night and forgot about unh :X
Given the weak at-large field in FCS this year, a fourth 7-4 CAA team is not crazy talk. To say a 3rd place team from a 4 bid conference isn't in the field is beyond asinine.
Ha-ha. No worries! And I agree. W&M, Richmond, and JMU will all have. Bids. I could definitely see a fourth team receiving a bid.

JSUBison
November 2nd, 2015, 10:44 AM
JMU will be favored in both of their remaining games.

Yeah but they were also favored in their previous two.

PurpleStreamers
November 2nd, 2015, 10:55 AM
Yeah but they were also favored in their previous two.

Nope, 5.5 point dogs to W&M. Covered.

Nova09
November 2nd, 2015, 11:43 AM

They should have lost to 2 unranked teams, and not even bothered to play FBS, let alone beat them, then they'd be a lock for a seed.

KPSUL
November 2nd, 2015, 07:17 PM
yep, sorry i just went off the top of my head last night and forgot about unh :X

So has everyone :) That's frequently been our strategy, sneak in when no one is really watching:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21634&stc=1