TD Colgate!

Raiders 31 Fordham 16 6:06 4Q

aceinthehole
October 31st, 2015, 02:46 PM
How far do the Rams drop if they lose?

Does 'gate break into the top-25?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:46 PM
The Rams are going down. Colgate stops them on 4th down with 3:18 left. This will be the Rams first conference loss in nearly two years. They were due though...

'Gate 31-16

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:48 PM
How far do the Rams drop if they lose?

Does 'gate break into the top-25?

'Gate won't break in the polls. Fordham will drop out in my poll. I had them down to #20 after being 12th earlier in the month.

The Lehigh-Colgate game COULD be huge in two weeks.....

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2015, 02:48 PM
Bye bye from T25, Fordham.

aceinthehole
October 31st, 2015, 02:53 PM
'Gate won't break in the polls. Fordham will drop out in my poll. I had them down to #20 after being 12th earlier in the month.

The Lehigh-Colgate game COULD be huge in two weeks.....

Agreed, if you had them at 20, they fall out of the poll. But they were overrated at #15, if 1 loss drops them out from that spot.

Same reason Harvard is way too high - a single loss should drops them out of the poll. I don't see how their ceiling could be higher than 18.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 31st, 2015, 02:54 PM
Both teams played service academics this year. Fordham beat Army and Colgate lost to Navy. I guess Navy's winning and Army's losing rubbed off. Sorry Rams, I was pulling for you!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:57 PM
Fordham is down to the 'Gate 5 with a minute left

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:59 PM
Rams TD. Game will come down an onside kick

Colgate 31 Fordham 23, 0:27 4Q

bulldog10jw
October 31st, 2015, 03:00 PM
Agreed, if you had them at 20, they fall out of the poll. But they were overrated at #15, if 1 loss drops them out from that spot.

Same reason Harvard is way too high - a single loss should drops them out of the poll. I don't see how their ceiling could be higher than 18.

Your obsession with the Ivy League teams is noted.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 03:01 PM
Wow! Fordham executes an awesome onside kick and gets it!

Fordham ball with 23 seconds left...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 03:03 PM
This is insane! Fordham at Colgate 19 with 12 seconds left!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 03:06 PM
Crazy crazy game! Fordham scores on a miraculous final play! holy crap!1

- - - Updated - - -

Fordham fails on 2 pt conversion but PI will redo!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 03:08 PM
Colgate stops Fordham on their second try on the 2 pt conversion! What a ridiculous ending!

- - - Updated - - -

Colgate 31 Fordham 29 Final

Bisonator
October 31st, 2015, 03:10 PM
Wow!

Ivytalk
October 31st, 2015, 03:16 PM

Don't you have anything to offer but your dislike of Harvard? Tedious in the extreme.

Meanwhile, congrats to Colgate on its big win!

kdinva
October 31st, 2015, 03:44 PM
fordham will drop at least 6 slots, I predict....

Fordham
October 31st, 2015, 04:01 PM
I said in the other thread a congrats to Gate. Interesting ending but the better team won imo

aceinthehole
October 31st, 2015, 04:06 PM
Your obsession with the Ivy League teams is noted.

No, but I do like to remind lazy voters, that it is an overrated Harvard program who plays no one!

Gater
October 31st, 2015, 05:55 PM
Classy post, Fordham. Really impressive/vomit-inducing comeback by you guys over THE LAST 27 SECONDS!!! So many good players on your team. Longi is going to be a major pain for years to come--was really hoping he would come to Colgate out of high school. Edmonds is so good. Colgate held Fordham to 54 yards on 33 carries (with 8 sacks counted against the total) but he was never brought down by one guy. This was easily Colgate's best job at swarming on D this year and I think he would have broken some big ones if those guys hadn't kept coming. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way and into the playoffs.

NY Crusader 2010
October 31st, 2015, 06:24 PM
No, but I do like to remind lazy voters, that it is an overrated Harvard program who plays no one!

Harvard does play an awful schedule year-after-year. They put URI on this season. Really? If you're going to schedule a scholarship CAA program, go play UNH or William & Mary.

That being said, Harvard is LEGIT - they may well be a top ten team this year.

bulldog10jw
October 31st, 2015, 06:55 PM

Maybe you're the lazy voter.

aceinthehole
October 31st, 2015, 07:28 PM
Maybe you're the lazy voter.

No, I actually enjoy the Ivy and follow it, along with the rest of FCS.

I'm a Nutmegger, so I always like to see Yale do well. With Dartmouth on the CCSU schedule this year, I was certainly following them and rooting for them to win the Ivy this year.

For years Penn, and now Columbia, is led by CCSU alum Al Bagnoli so all Blue Devils fans always keep an eye on our own.

My issue is simply Harvard and Princeton are routinely overrated in polls while they continue to play an insular and weak schedule, period. I know some people hate to keep reading it - but the FACT is those 2 programs haven't beaten anyone outside of the Ivy/PL for decades!

So no, I'm not a lazy voter.

aceinthehole
October 31st, 2015, 07:30 PM
Harvard does play an awful schedule year-after-year. They put URI on this season. Really? If you're going to schedule a scholarship CAA program, go play UNH or William & Mary.

That being said, Harvard is LEGIT - they may well be a top ten team this year.

Why - because they run the table in the Ivy/PL? They are a good football team for sure, but not deserving of anything close to a top-10 ranking

Go...gate
October 31st, 2015, 07:34 PM
I said in the other thread a congrats to Gate. Interesting ending but the better team won imo

Thanks, Fordham. You guys have a great club and damn near pulled it off. What a game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 07:37 PM
Why - because they run the table in the Ivy/PL? They are a good football team for sure, but not deserving of anything close to a top-10 ranking

My belief is that the quality of the team has absolutely nothing to do with the schedule. The coaches and players make up the team. Harvard excels in those two areas. They have numerous pro-prospects on their roster because they recruit at a very high level by FCS standards.

At the end of the day the weak schedule is nothing more than a maddening annoyance that drives hardcore fans of FCS crazy.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2015, 07:38 PM
This Harvard stuff is bogus. Harvard AND Dartmouth have terrific clubs this year and BOTH deserve to be highly ranked. Do I wish they would play Colgate again? Yes. But that aside, they are outstanding.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2015, 07:39 PM
No, I actually enjoy the Ivy and follow it, along with the rest of FCS.

I'm a Nutmegger, so I always like to see Yale do well. With Dartmouth on the CCSU schedule this year, I was certainly following them and rooting for them to win the Ivy this year.

For years Penn, and now Columbia, is led by CCSU alum Al Bagnoli so all Blue Devils fans always keep an eye on our own.

My issue is simply Harvard and Princeton are routinely overrated in polls while they continue to play an insular and weak schedule, period. I know some people hate to keep reading it - but the FACT is those 2 programs haven't beaten anyone outside of the Ivy/PL for decades!

So no, I'm not a lazy voter.

??????????

Princeton has not been rated all season.

PantherRob82
October 31st, 2015, 07:45 PM
??????????

Princeton has not been rated all season.

He means in historical persoective.

aceinthehole
October 31st, 2015, 08:00 PM
My belief is that the quality of the team has absolutely nothing to do with the schedule. The coaches and players make up the team. Harvard excels in those two areas. They have numerous pro-prospects on their roster because they recruit at a very high level by FCS standards.

At the end of the day the weak schedule is nothing more than a maddening annoyance that drives hardcore fans of FCS crazy.

Harvard's non-conference wins: URI (1-7), Georgetown (4-5), Lafayette (1-8)

The Crimson are 3-0 vs. non-conference opponents who have a combined record of 6-20.

So why isn't Dayton (8-0) ranked as high as Harvard?

Dayton has non-conference wins vs. RMU (2-6), Duquesne (6-3), and Kennesaw State (6-2).

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 1st, 2015, 03:08 PM
Harvard's non-conference wins: URI (1-7), Georgetown (4-5), Lafayette (1-8)

The Crimson are 3-0 vs. non-conference opponents who have a combined record of 6-20.

Dayton has non-conference wins vs. RMU (2-6), Duquesne (6-3), and Kennesaw State (6-2).

Agreed. Who cares how strong your team is if they don't play a good team to prove it?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2015, 04:45 PM
Agreed. Who cares how strong your team is if they don't play a good team to prove it?

Because that's all that matters. The ultimate goal is to figure out who has the strongest teams based on performance. Performance is based on players, coaching and continuity imo.

If Harvard was scraping by against subpar competition I'd buy the schedule argument. But they're beating up on the inferiors like a ranked team should. They're able to do this while taking every teams best shot as the hunted...

I simply think they have roster loaded with talent and that's coached by one of the best staffs in FCS. Thus my ranking.

KPSUL
November 1st, 2015, 05:05 PM
Because that's all that matters. The ultimate goal is to figure out who has the strongest teams based on performance. Performance is based on players, coaching and continuity imo.

If Harvard was scraping by against subpar competition I'd buy the schedule argument. But they're beating up on the inferiors like a ranked team should. They're able to do this while taking every teams best shot as the hunted...

I simply think they have roster loaded with talent and that's coached by one of the best staffs in FCS. Thus my ranking.

Dartmouth seemed to have more talent than Harvard Thursday night, but Harvard found a way to win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Dartmouth seemed to have more talent than Harvard Thursday night, but Harvard found a way to win.

...and Dartmouth was ranked and should remain so imo. Those were two very good teams playing Friday night. I actually thought Dartmouth looked a little better too but they failed to step on the Crimson's throat early on. Either way, both will remain in my Top 25 tomorrow.

aceinthehole
November 1st, 2015, 05:20 PM
...and Dartmouth was ranked and should remain so imo. Those were two very good teams playing Friday night. I actually thought Dartmouth looked a little better too but they failed to step on the Crimson's throat early on. Either way, both will remain in my Top 25 tomorrow.

I don't disagree, they are both very good teams - I just don't see how anyone can really justify slotting them higher than #18.

Does Dayton, The Citadel, and Southern Utah make it into your Top-25 as well?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2015, 05:23 PM
I don't disagree, they are both very good teams - I just don't see how anyone can really justify slotting them higher than #18.

The Citadel and SUU were in my poll last week. Dayton will be in this week...

BucBisonAtLarge
November 1st, 2015, 07:48 PM
Congrats Colgate. I watched that last stomach-churning stretch. Fordham is scary. While I certainly hope Bucknell beats both Fordham and Colgate here down the stretch, having the Rams and Raiders each win out and snatch a pair of playoff slots would be awesome for such a 'down' (note all PL member posts through week 6) year in the Patriot League.

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2015, 08:02 PM

Because it's Harvard.

ngineer
November 1st, 2015, 08:32 PM

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

ngineer
November 1st, 2015, 08:34 PM
Congrats Colgate. I watched that last stomach-churning stretch. Fordham is scary. While I certainly hope Bucknell beats both Fordham and Colgate here down the stretch, having the Rams and Raiders each win out and snatch a pair of playoff slots would be awesome for such a 'down' (note all PL member posts through week 6) year in the Patriot League.

Lehigh can just as well win out and be 5-1. If Bucknell can do the trick, Mountain Hawks move on in that scenario.

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2015, 09:53 PM

Fordham at 9-2 is far from a sure thing to get in as an at large. Their only good win is Army. Similar to 10-1 Lehigh not getting in a few years ago. And yes, the league is still down. Check our games against good teams, records are God awful.

ace93
November 1st, 2015, 10:02 PM
Fordham at 9-2 is far from a sure thing to get in as an at large. Their only good win is Army. Similar to 10-1 Lehigh not getting in a few years ago. And yes, the league is still down. Check our games against good teams, records are God awful.

Agreed. Not a sure thing at all. I was surprised to see so many having them in still. Then again, a win against an FBS, albeit Army, and only 2 losses is tough to argue against

As an aside, how many times have other PL teams played a league game against someone coming off a bye? Fordham will have done it 3 times by season's end.

Catsfan90
November 2nd, 2015, 12:25 AM
Because it's Harvard.
We had this discussion a few weeks ago lol

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2015, 12:27 AM
9-2 Fordham is in, there simply aren't enough quality 7-4 teams that would be ahead of them. 8-3 would be real dicey, though.

Fordham
November 2nd, 2015, 07:24 AM
9-2 Fordham is in, there simply aren't enough quality 7-4 teams that would be ahead of them. 8-3 would be real dicey, though.
I agree. Not necessarily because we deserve to be in but the competitive landscape is dramatically different this year than it was back when Lehigh didn't get in.