October 31st, 2015, 01:40 PM
Where have the redbird fans gone?

centennial
October 31st, 2015, 01:42 PM
Where have the redbird fans gone?
http://bluntiq.com/media/blnt/2014/09/image37.jpg

Loyl2u
October 31st, 2015, 05:39 PM
Where have the redbird fans gone? Another MVFC grind game against another top 25 ranked team. miserable today, 40 degrees, 20 mph winds and the rain never stopped and was heavy at times. We hung in till the end and happily the birds were able to dig themselves out of a deep hole, but even with good rain gear, we were pretty wet by the end. Lots of folks headed out to nearby establishments, tailgate rigs and home to watch on sports net. Of course, if we had a dome, we all would have been warm and dry;)

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2015, 05:42 PM
Another MVFC grind game against another top 25 ranked team. miserable today, 40 degrees, 20 mph winds and the rain never stopped and was heavy at times. We hung in till the end and happily the birds were able to dig themselves out of a deep hole, but even with good rain gear, we were pretty wet by the end. Lots of folks headed out to nearby establishments, tailgate rigs and home to watch on sports net. Of course, if we had a dome, we all would have been warm and dry;)
Sure, so would Jacks fans in poor weather. Was more commenting on the lack of them on here than the game.

I hope it snows for this game, I remember the last time the Redbirds came up to Brookings in the snow.

Redbird 4th & short
October 31st, 2015, 05:48 PM
gee, lets see .. could this be construed as a tad bit racist by people who live in a bubble ? No, its too obvious .. so it couldn't be so.

But if we're being honest ... You are an ill-informed idiot and a blatant racist. Have a good life. ISU is doing VERY well on all fronts .. check into that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

http://bluntiq.com/media/blnt/2014/09/image37.jpg

Whats life like in your bubble ?

SportsLover
October 31st, 2015, 06:02 PM
gee, lets see .. could this be construed as a tad bit racist by people who live in a bubble ? No, its too obvious .. so it couldn't be so.

But if we're being honest ... You are an ill-informed idiot and a blatant racist. Have a good life. ISU is doing VERY well on all fronts .. check into that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

you are too classy my good sir

Loyl2u
October 31st, 2015, 06:03 PM
Sure, so would Jacks fans in poor weather. Was more commenting on the lack of them on here than the game.

I hope it snows for this game, I remember the last time the Redbirds came up to Brookings in the snow. The snow game has already come up in our conversations and this shows that the birds can be challenged when they don't have the ability to really stretch the field. I think the birds can deal with the cold but wind, rain, snow take away some of the game plan.

birdsflyhigh
October 31st, 2015, 06:11 PM
Hey, whatever it takes....the Birds found a way to get it done today. Even last season, ISU played the comeback kids in more than their share of games. Just happy to get the W. Time to reset and get ready for a HUGE test next Saturday on the road at a very talented SDSU Jackrabbits team.

GO REDBIRDS! :)

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2015, 06:15 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, how does that make him racist exactly? Nobody is allowed to post a picture of a black person? I'm guessing you don't understand the context of the picture and where it came from. Research beforehand maybe before you throw the race card. Good lord.

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2015, 06:53 PM
Wow, how does that make him racist exactly? Nobody is allowed to post a picture of a black person? I'm guessing you don't understand the context of the picture and where it came from. Research beforehand maybe before you throw the race card. Good lord.

The ISUr fans are kinda a weird bunch in a lot of cases.....

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2015, 07:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGxwbhkDjZM

Bisonator
October 31st, 2015, 09:04 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Man you really need to stay off message boards. You take things way too seriously!xlolx

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2015, 09:06 PM
Man you really need to stay off message boards. You take things way too seriously!xlolx

Aint nobody got time fo dat! xlolx

Redbirdgrad
October 31st, 2015, 09:13 PM
For God sakes, please don't lump us all together.

And we promise we wont do the same to your crazy NDSU fans.....

centennial
October 31st, 2015, 09:14 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Redbird 4th and turd. How is this racist? It is an internet meme.

Redbird Recon
October 31st, 2015, 09:28 PM
Win at any costs going down. 21-9
Calm down, fella.

And yeah, that wasn't racist. You need to calm down too.

REALBird
October 31st, 2015, 09:41 PM
Ain't nobody got time for that! That being losing to the Trees.
There used to be a time where we were down and I was like "no way we're coming back". If nothing else, this team starts to remind me of those UNI, WIU and NDSU teams that used to rip our hearts out in the 4th Quarter.

As long as the Birds have more points than their opponents when the clock strikes 00:00 in the 4th. All that matters. As for the lack of us, we are a family community. We take our kids trick or treating just like everyone else.

But maybe SDSU fans don't have time for that?

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2015, 11:09 PM
Ain't nobody got time for that! That being losing to the Trees.
There used to be a time where we were down and I was like "no way we're coming back". If nothing else, this team starts to remind me of those UNI, WIU and NDSU teams that used to rip our hearts out in the 4th Quarter.

As long as the Birds have more points than their opponents when the clock strikes 00:00 in the 4th. All that matters. As for the lack of us, we are a family community. We take our kids trick or treating just like everyone else.

But maybe SDSU fans don't have time for that?

Wow really? A shot at our family values? Can't wait till you disappear after next Saturday. You guys don't have a UNI or Bison like D. Hope your boys have it strapped up when they come to town.

Redbird 13
October 31st, 2015, 11:32 PM
Wow really? A shot at our family values? Can't wait till you disappear after next Saturday. You guys don't have a UNI or Bison like D. Hope your boys have it strapped up when they come to town.

We suck. We hear it weekly. The disrespect, but yet, ISU keeps on winning.

Must be some horseshoe up the ass.

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2015, 11:34 PM
We puff puff pass. We hear it weekly. The disrespect, but yet, ISU keeps on winning.

FIFY :D

Thumper 76
October 31st, 2015, 11:54 PM
We suck. We hear it weekly. The disrespect, but yet, ISU keeps on winning.

Don't recall saying you guys suck. I do recall saying you guys don't have a D on par with UNI or NDSU. Should be interesting. We smoked two teams that played you tough and lost a close one to the other team that did. I think our D is playing outstanding right now, so it should be a fun game. Senior day and the last game at CAS on real grass.

Edit: not sure why you guys keep crying the disrespect card when you are ranked in the top 5. Jeeze how disrespected do you have to be to be ranked that high?

RollBirds
November 1st, 2015, 02:28 AM
Don't recall saying you guys suck. I do recall saying you guys don't have a D on par with UNI or NDSU. Should be interesting. We smoked two teams that played you tough and lost a close one to the other team that did. I think our D is playing outstanding right now, so it should be a fun game. Senior day and the last game at CAS on real grass.

Edit: not sure why you guys keep crying the disrespect card when you are ranked in the top 5. Jeeze how disrespected do you have to be to be ranked that high?

Obviously this is this guys first rodeo here, with the kinds of teams in the MVFC this year you can't do the "we beat team A by more than you beat team A so we're going to throttle you" all that matters is who shows up that week. With that logic we should be surprised NDSU has won a game after losing to USD. Additionally I seem to recall a hype around SDSU when they came to Normal, IL last year... Don't think they left with a hype did they, or is it hard to remember the spanking big brother handed down last year? It's funny you bring up UNI what did you beat those guys by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REALBird
November 1st, 2015, 07:24 AM

Been here all year. You took it personal with regard to the family values quip. Whatever, maybe you shouldn't bait the hook if you don't want to catch fish. You called us out, we responded.

The TEAMS will settle this on the field soon enough. Until then, lighten the F up! I didn't think the whole video thing was racist either, but I hate the F out of that video. If I didn't take that to be racist, you shouldn't be all up in arms about your family values.

Geez!

Loyl2u
November 1st, 2015, 07:37 AM

Looking forward to another great MVFC game next week in Brookings. Had a great dinner at a Brookings steakhouse with lots of outdoor seating several years ago on a football trip to Aberdeen. Really hoping for good weather next week.

Maybe ISUr fans feel disrespect is because last year after being co-champs of MVFC, the Birds had to go on the road and win two in consecutive weeks on both sides of the country to get to the championship game, while the Massey had them #2 most of season.

w Massey SOS before yesterday

ISU (6-1 against #5 SOS in FCS): L # 11 (Iowa) by 17, W #95 by 8, W #102 by 20, W #124 by 2, W # 157 by 3, W # 256 by 36, W # 340 by 53

JSU (6-1 against #62 SOS in FCS): L #42 (Auburn) by 7, W #109 by 3, W # 162 by 7, W #267 by 29, W #278 by 35, W #455 by 20, W #737 by 42

CCU (7-0 against #71 SOS in FCS): W #102 *WIU) by 7, W #179 by 3, W # 189 by 14, W # 206 by 3, W #250 by 7, W # 284 by 27, W # 417 by 55

Yep, ISUr probably does have a chip on its shoulder about ranking and seeds-if anyone thinks it's not harder to win on the road in places like EWU and UNH, just like it will be next Saturday in Brookings, or that MVFC teams other than NDSU are not being disrespected in general, I don't think they are paying attention

Thumper 76
November 1st, 2015, 08:39 AM
Obviously this is this guys first rodeo here, with the kinds of teams in the MVFC this year you can't do the "we beat team A by more than you beat team A so we're going to throttle you" all that matters is who shows up that week. With that logic we should be surprised NDSU has won a game after losing to USD. Additionally I seem to recall a hype around SDSU when they came to Normal, IL last year... Don't think they left with a hype did they, or is it hard to remember the spanking big brother handed down last year? It's funny you bring up UNI what did you beat those guys by?

Big brother? Good lord. And if you pick up on your reading comprehension skills you will note I brought up UNI as the team that played you close and we lost too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2015, 08:51 AM

After watching Ill State a couple of times, they are not a championship defense...yet. Maybe they will get there.

SDSU is going to be tough at home. It will be a toss up game but I give a slight edge to SDSU at home. SDSU's defense is good and has the capability to slow down the Redbird offense.

clenz
November 1st, 2015, 09:32 AM

Same fan base cries disrespect on the basketball court after last year as well.......they finished 6 games out of first (WSU) and 5 out of second (UNI) yet seem to think they didn't get proper respect for the season they had...

REALBird
November 1st, 2015, 10:12 AM
Same fan base cries disrespect on the basketball court after last year as well.......they finished 6 games out of first (WSU) and 5 out of second (UNI) yet seem to think they didn't get proper respect for the season they had...

Who? When? Unless you're trolling a partisan message board and just hanging on every word then please tell me who on earth said our basketball team was disrespected?

REALBird
November 1st, 2015, 10:15 AM
After watching Ill State a couple of times, they are not a championship defense...yet. Maybe they will get there.

SDSU is going to be tough at home. It will be a toss up game but I give a slight edge to SDSU at home. SDSU's defense is good and has the capability to slow down the Redbird offense.

This I would agree with. The bend but don't break mentality scares the crap out of me. At some point you break. I think they BELIEVE they can always pull a W out of nowhere, but as they saw vs UNI in the dome and NDSU in the NC. You have to bring your A game against some teams. Little to no mistakes!

ISUMatt
November 1st, 2015, 10:20 AM
I'm going to get this train back on the tracks. Indiana St slapped us around pretty good for 40 minutes to the tune of 24-9. Then Tre hit Warrum twice, the O-Line took over and Marshawn Coprich dominated the rest. Going INTO the wind, the REDBIRDS were out scored 24-7, WITH the wind the REDBIRDS won 20-0. It was mentioned before in the 3rd quarter, the Sycs had to settle for 3 and that was a back breaker, kept the game a 2 possession battle. While the defense wasn't great, it did enough. I don't remember ANY defense shutting down every team every quarter.

Loyl2u
November 1st, 2015, 10:32 AM

Absolutely agree that ISUr feels more like a BSC team right now, especially after a couple of early season injuries that forced some changes. Birds are getting a couple back now and hopefully they will be back to Full-time and be pretty healthy by playoffs. Same kind of weakness as an BSC historically, even with Coprich, can we stretch things out to score both ways enough when the weather/conditions get bad. I think next Saturday's game may be decided by conditions.

clenz
November 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
Who? When? Unless you're trolling a partisan message board and just hanging on every word then please tell me who on earth said our basketball team was disrespected?

It's been all overthrow MVC board all last season and so far this year already

Rollbird5
November 1st, 2015, 12:45 PM

I haven't seen anyone say our team is being disrespected lol Pretty much everything I've seen is people saying we could finish anywhere from 2nd-5th depending on how people step up in roles

REALBird
November 1st, 2015, 01:00 PM

So basically a board that has as many Redbird participants as this one? Glad to see a few represent the many.

IBleedYellow
November 1st, 2015, 01:29 PM
Absolutely agree that ISUr feels more like a BSC team right now, especially after a couple of early season injuries that forced some changes. Birds are getting a couple back now and hopefully they will be back to Full-time and be pretty healthy by playoffs. Same kind of weakness as an BSC historically, even with Coprich, can we stretch things out to score both ways enough when the weather/conditions get bad. I think next Saturday's game may be decided by conditions.
If ISU feels like a BSC team I would be worried for the playoffs.

However being a top 2 seed will help no matter the teams you play.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Loyl2u
November 1st, 2015, 03:35 PM
If ISU feels like a BSC team I would be worried for the playoffs.

However being a top 2 seed will help no matter the teams you play.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk Understood, of course BSC Montana beat a pretty good team on Aug 29 :D.

BisonFan02
November 1st, 2015, 03:39 PM

I will say this.....I've been around (and vicariously through my tailgating group) a lot of FCS fanbases.....most of the valley schools....Montana, SHSU, Towson (kinda...?), Montana St....a bunch of east coast schools when I lived in PA, etc.... and the vibe that the ISUr fans gave Bison fans at the national championship last year was, frankly, ****ing bizarre. We intermingled very well with the SHSU fans down in Frisco and even the Towson fans that made the trip in 2013. During the 2014 championship, if you even attempted to invite over some ISUr fans walking around, a good majority of them couldn't scurry away fast enough.....really antisocial, and that perspective/opinion was shared by a ton of Bison fans that were down in Frisco.

Really, the only other bad experiences have been the Montana St. playoff game in Bozeman (vandalism....ALOT of it), the small JMU contingent in Fargo, and for some goofy reason or another, the SDSU fans this year in Brookings (the vibe was that some of their fans are getting really ****ing sick of losing to NDSU and the wheels have fallen off as far as being welcoming hosts....kinda surprised my father a bit)

PantherRob82
November 1st, 2015, 04:02 PM
Illinois State fans have always been cool in Normal.

App State fans poured soda and beer all over my car.

YSU felt hostile the one time there was people at our game but nothing happened.

REALBird
November 1st, 2015, 06:32 PM
I will say this.....I've been around (and vicariously through my tailgating group) a lot of FCS fanbases.....most of the valley schools....Montana, SHSU, Towson (kinda...?), Montana St....a bunch of east coast schools when I lived in PA, etc.... and the vibe that the ISUr fans gave Bison fans at the national championship last year was, frankly, ****ing bizarre. We intermingled very well with the SHSU fans down in Frisco and even the Towson fans that made the trip in 2013. During the 2014 championship, if you even attempted to invite over some ISUr fans walking around, a good majority of them couldn't scurry away fast enough.....really antisocial, and that perspective/opinion was shared by a ton of Bison fans that were down in Frisco.

Really, the only other bad experiences have been the Montana St. playoff game in Bozeman (vandalism....ALOT of it), the small JMU contingent in Fargo, and for some goofy reason or another, the SDSU fans this year in Brookings (the vibe was that some of their fans are getting really ****ing sick of losing to NDSU and the wheels have fallen off as far as being welcoming hosts....kinda surprised my father a bit)

Call it what you will, I had fun chatting up the Bison faithful all weekend long in Frisco. I think the majority of our base was more "serious" having never reached the finals before. Many made last minute ticket arrangements, so not many tailgated.

I myself had no problems being social. I asked a group of Bison faithful getting off the bus, "Is there anyone left in Fargo besides the family dog?" Got a few chuckles from the group. Chatted up some older gent about his 3X Champs jacket. Told him "if you win you'll have to trade it in for a 4X Champs jacket." He was like that would be a nice problem to have! Good laughs. Sat near a NDSU fan and his son who drove down from KC. Darned shame he left after the Roberson run, but he was gracious in what he thought was defeat. Wished him safe travels. Same to the Bison co-ends we met in "In-N-Out". They wouldn't bite on the "Winner buys food for the loser" schtick! Good laughs. Met and chatted before, during and after and the ONLY jerk I met was some guy at "In-N-Out" who felt the urge to lead a chant by himself of "Let's Go Bison" after the game! One truly was the loneliest number, but hey I just figured if I was a kid not getting laid in Fargo. I'd be obnoxious too!

Tell ya what! If we both do our part and make it there. I'm at your tailgate! Since all it takes to represent Redbird Nation is a few people posting on a message board. Consider us a sociable fanbase now! xdrunkyx

Redbirdgrad
November 1st, 2015, 07:43 PM
I think what you're experiencing from the fan base is a basketball school who hasn't been to the Dance since I was in college. I'm 35 now. Let that sink in.
It's almost like every 3-4 years we get really close, and either have an injury (Bryson) or a defection (Jank/Moore), or something in the middle. Then, jealousy of actual success takes over (Creighton/Wichita State), and people get bitter. It's unfortunate, but that's what you're seeing.

Now, our football team is looking like we're having actual, sustained success and it's confusing. Let us win a few more games, and maybe we'll learn to socialize ;)

BisonFan02
November 1st, 2015, 07:45 PM
Call it what you will, I had fun chatting up the Bison faithful all weekend long in Frisco. I think the majority of our base was more "serious" having never reached the finals before. Many made last minute ticket arrangements, so not many tailgated.

I myself had no problems being social. I asked a group of Bison faithful getting off the bus, "Is there anyone left in Fargo besides the family dog?" Got a few chuckles from the group. Chatted up some older gent about his 3X Champs jacket. Told him "if you win you'll have to trade it in for a 4X Champs jacket." He was like that would be a nice problem to have! Good laughs. Sat near a NDSU fan and his son who drove down from KC. Darned shame he left after the Roberson run, but he was gracious in what he thought was defeat. Wished him safe travels. Same to the Bison co-ends we met in "In-N-Out". They wouldn't bite on the "Winner buys food for the loser" schtick! Good laughs. Met and chatted before, during and after and the ONLY jerk I met was some guy at "In-N-Out" who felt the urge to lead a chant by himself of "Let's Go Bison" after the game! One truly was the loneliest number, but hey I just figured if I was a kid not getting laid in Fargo. I'd be obnoxious too!

Tell ya what! If we both do our part and make it there. I'm at your tailgate! Since all it takes to represent Redbird Nation is a few people posting on a message board. Consider us a sociable fanbase now! xdrunkyx

I'm not sure what to even tell ya man...I would be more than willing to visit more fellow AGSers at tailgates...had a great time in Montana and hosting Em and a certain THE Citadel "gentleman" in Fargo as well (since race was loosely tossed in this thread too, I can't forget one of my fav black friends in clenz :D )...witnessed a bunch of SHSU guys get hammered on the "Frisco Cruiser"...etc. Other Bison fans that were in Frisco can chime in as well....many others mileage may have varied, but don't kill the messenger on this one. xdrunkyx

The repeat matchup in Frisco might have to wait....need to see if my Bison make the playoffs first. #winthenextplay

clenz
November 1st, 2015, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure what to even tell ya man...I would be more than willing to visit more fellow AGSers at tailgates...had a great time in Montana and hosting Em and a certain THE Citadel "gentleman" in Fargo as well (since race was loosely tossed in this thread too, I can't forget one of my fav black friends in clenz :D )...witnessed a bunch of SHSU guys get hammered on the "Frisco Cruiser"...etc. Other Bison fans that were in Frisco can chime in as well....many others mileage may have varied, but don't kill the messenger on this one. xdrunkyx

The repeat matchup in Frisco might have to wait....need to see if my Bison make the playoffs first. #winthenextplay

My brother http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/d39316154826eb678f4c8ed3b0e2d3ef.jpg

BisonTru
November 1st, 2015, 08:59 PM

Yeah, I had a similiar experience. We (NDSU) kinda just took over the paved lot for our tailgate area, but ISU was initially going to be in that lot. So there were a few Redbird fans amongst the tailgate, but they seemed to stay to themselves.

We ended up in bar outside the Frisco/Plano area on Friday night, kinda enjoy getting away from the sea of yellow for at least part of the weekend. Six ISU fans came in. Two of them came over and we BS'd for a while. Their other four friends went and sat down further down the bar. I bought them all a shot and they looked at it as I might of poisoned it.

Their other two friends just said they were "shy." Which is kinda weird for a bunch a middle aged men drinking in a bar, especially considering we're all down here to watch the same game tomorrow. Also to note, it was just me and buddy, so it wasn't if we were this large intimidating group.

At least in my very small sample size a third of their fanbase is friendly.

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2015, 10:08 PM
First title game i sat in the "block" of Bison fans in the sea of orange. Sat next to a lifer couple who had been fans for longer than I had been alive at the time, (19), and I could not have had a better experience. Everyone was bantering and laughing. People behind me who were in a 3 couple group had some serious flasks and made sure the SHSU couple was well taken care of. The second time around, was pretty much the same.

OSBF
November 2nd, 2015, 08:00 AM
Definitely a surprise score at half.

Yeah, that 1st 1/2 was ugly. I'm pretty sure the problem was those blue pants INS was wearing. If they had been sportin' the all whites it would've been different

Coprich is used to running AWAY from ppl wearing blue, not AT them.

REALBird
November 2nd, 2015, 08:17 AM
Yeah, that 1st 1/2 was ugly. I'm pretty sure the problem was those blue pants INS was wearing. If they had been sportin' the all whites it would've been different

Your are a sad petty little man. I'd ask you to tell him that yourself, but then you'd probably try to bait the kid to get him to take a poke at you. I hope you find some peace for whatever issues you have. Jesus Loves You!

REALBird
November 2nd, 2015, 08:19 AM
My brother http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/d39316154826eb678f4c8ed3b0e2d3ef.jpg

Really? Ebony and Ivory? I don't know BisonFan02, hanging with two Black guys like Clenz and myself. What ever would they think? LOL

clenz
November 2nd, 2015, 08:22 AM
Really? Ebony and Ivory? I don't know BisonFan02, hanging with two Black guys like Clenz and myself. What ever would they think? LOL
Meh....I did it in Fargo and no one seemed to mind...

xlolxxcoffeex

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2015, 08:36 AM

I don't know I am pretty sure he went right up to the guy wearing blue and that is why he got in trouble right? ;)