PDA

View Full Version : Expecting lots of Movement in this weeks poll (A top 10 Pick em)

Milktruck74
October 31st, 2015, 09:22 AM
Looking at the games this week in the top 10, I expect 2, maybe even 3 upsets (using that term liberally). Not necessarily upsets, but the higher seeded team will lose. 8-10 (UR, McNeese, EWU) are pretty well locked up, but 1-7 all better bring their A-Game.

1. ISUr vs ISUb - Redbirds should take this one easily, but....ISUb is hungry and capable. It's in Normal, so advantage Red.
2. Jax St vs EKU - Where did the Colonels come from, this is going to be a heck of a game, but again it is down south....the Colonel can't fry these Chickens this week.
3. CCU @ Chuck South - Tired of being second fiddle for so long, CSU uses the chip on their shoulders and hands the yardbirds their first loss.
4. UTC vs WCU - This one makes me nervous, but the Mocs are due for a breakout game. I only hope Troy Mitchell tries to talk smack in pregame like last year... 51-0??
5. PSU vs Montana - PSU...This ain't you daddy's Griz...I fully expect the Viks to impress all 700 in attendance today, but it could be a trap.
6. NDSU @ SoIll - Who know what Bison show up??? Just because I need to pick one wrong and Piss off the Bison Fans....Salukis figure out how to win the close one!!!!
7. JMU @ WM - JMU takes this week to figure things out without Vad, unfortunately WM has it figured out already...the Tribe makes this one look worse than it is.

No explaination necessary on the next three

8. Richmond vs Albany
9. McNeese @ ACU
10. EWU vs Weber St

tomq04
October 31st, 2015, 10:01 AM
Don't be shocked by an Eagle loss in the rain (and 26 mph winds), however I don't think Weber can keep up.

Milktruck74
October 31st, 2015, 10:11 AM
Don't be shocked by an Eagle loss in the rain (and 26 mph winds), however I don't think Weber can keep up.

With weather like that, Kupp has an awful game....only 7 catches for 100 yards and ONLY one TD!!!!! Can the Eagles find a ground game? Or can you only toss the ball on the red turf?

birdsflyhigh
October 31st, 2015, 10:27 AM
Like the top 10 pick 'em idea. Agree with all the picks except SIU taking down the NDSU Bison. Although SIU has the talent to beat the Bison, if NDSU wants to stay in the race for the Valley crown they know that they absolutely NEED this roadie win in Carbondale.

Milktruck74
October 31st, 2015, 10:41 AM
Like the top 10 pick 'em idea. Agree with all the picks except SIU taking down the NDSU Bison. Although SIU has the talent to beat the Bison, if NDSU wants to stay in the race for the Valley crown they know that they absolutely NEED this roadie win in Carbondale.

Definitely the pick I wrestled with the most. I didn't really have a strong gut either way, so I just went with the dog..... Heart over head, and the heart is always with the Underdog (It must come from being a Moc Fan for the last 20+ years).

Grizalltheway
October 31st, 2015, 10:44 AM
There will probably be at least a couple thousand Griz fans at that one. A little rain never hurt anyone.

ElCid
October 31st, 2015, 11:28 AM
Looking at the games this week in the top 10, I expect 2, maybe even 3 upsets (using that term liberally). Not necessarily upsets, but the higher seeded team will lose. 8-10 (UR, McNeese, EWU) are pretty well locked up, but 1-7 all better bring their A-Game.

1. ISUr vs ISUb - Redbirds should take this one easily, but....ISUb is hungry and capable. It's in Normal, so advantage Red.
2. Jax St vs EKU - Where did the Colonels come from, this is going to be a heck of a game, but again it is down south....the Colonel can't fry these Chickens this week.
3. CCU @ Chuck South - Tired of being second fiddle for so long, CSU uses the chip on their shoulders and hands the yardbirds their first loss.
4. UTC vs WCU - This one makes me nervous, but the Mocs are due for a breakout game. I only hope Troy Mitchell tries to talk smack in pregame like last year... 51-0??
5. PSU vs Montana - PSU...This ain't you daddy's Griz...I fully expect the Viks to impress all 700 in attendance today, but it could be a trap.
6. NDSU @ SoIll - Who know what Bison show up??? Just because I need to pick one wrong and Piss off the Bison Fans....Salukis figure out how to win the close one!!!!
7. JMU @ WM - JMU takes this week to figure things out without Vad, unfortunately WM has it figured out already...the Tribe makes this one look worse than it is.

8. Richmond vs Albany
9. McNeese @ ACU
10. EWU vs Weber St

I agree with most but not all
1. ISUr vs ISUb - Yes
2. Jax St vs EKU - Probably
3. CCU @ Chuck South - We (The Dogs) certainly hope so, but could go either way
4. UTC vs WCU - Probably
5. PSU vs Montana - Not certain of this at all but me thinks, no
6. NDSU @ SoIll - No
7. JMU @ WM - Likely
8. Richmond vs Albany - Yup
9. McNeese @ ACU - Yup
10. EWU vs Weber St - Not necessarily, but probably

rokamortis
October 31st, 2015, 11:33 AM

CSU at best has been 3rd fiddle, 4th when SBU was in the conference. They do have the opportunity to take a big step today which should cement their #1 status in the conference this year. Hopefully we don't let that happen.

skinny_uncle
October 31st, 2015, 01:33 PM

8. Richmond vs Albany
9. McNeese @ ACU
10. EWU vs Weber St

I thought SIU might have figured out how to win the close one last week when they beat YSU in OT.

Milktruck74
October 31st, 2015, 10:51 PM

8. Richmond vs Albany
9. McNeese @ ACU
10. EWU vs Weber St

I surprised myself on this one. Even though I was wrong on NDSU, SIU played well. 9-1 ain't too shabby.