PDA

View Full Version : ECU Donates $250,000 For East Tennessee State Stadium

superman7515
October 30th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Not that ECU... I did a "WTF?" double-take myself when I first saw it. xlolx

http://www.etsubucs.com/football/news/2015-16/12218/ecu-makes-donation-to-etsu-football-stadium/

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (Oct. 29, 2015) – Eastman Credit Union presented a $250,000 gift to East Tennessee State University’s Foundation on Thursday to assist in the construction of ETSU’s football stadium.

At a media event held at the ECU branch near campus, ECU’s CEO Olan Jones presented a check to ETSU President Dr. Noland, along with head coach Carl Torbush,Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Dr. Richard Sander and Associate Athletic Director/COO Scott Carter.

“We are honored to be part of the future of Buccaneer football, but most of all, we are honored to partner with ETSU on programs that fuel opportunity and growth in this region and that continually make Northeast Tennessee an even better place to live and raise a family,” said Olan O. Jones, CEO and president of ECU.

This isn’t the first donation of its kind that ECU has made to ETSU. Most recently ECU pledged $250,000 to the Performing Arts Center Initiative, and in the past, ECU has been a contributor to the Gatton College of Pharmacy and the Gray Fossil Site...

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 30th, 2015, 12:22 PM
When I first read the headline I though East Carolina University had donated the money. I was thinking how crazy it was that one school would donate money to another to build a football stadium.

RootinFerDukes
October 30th, 2015, 01:04 PM
When I first read the headline I though East Carolina University had donated the money. I was thinking how crazy it was that one school would donate money to another to build a football stadium.
they heard a rumor that the SEC really wanted to get in on ETSU's rising program, so they're trying to get their foot in the door now with some connections.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 30th, 2015, 01:59 PM
they heard a rumor that the SEC really wanted to get in on ETSU's rising program, so they're trying to get their foot in the door now with some connections.

What I heard was that the SEC was planning to kick Florida out for doping (see Will Grier) and replace them with ETSU. This on the heels of the NCAA assessing the death penalty against the Florida football program. #NovemberFoolsTwoDaysEarly

eiu1999
October 30th, 2015, 02:01 PM
I'm building a stadium........

RootinFerDukes
October 30th, 2015, 02:06 PM
What I heard was that the SEC was planning to kick Florida out for doping (see Will Grier) and replace them with ETSU. This on the heels of the NCAA assessing the death penalty against the Florida football program. #NovemberFoolsTwoDaysEarly
Poor ECU. Always on the outside looking in on conference realignment. JMU Nation knows how that feels...