AppGuy04
December 8th, 2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=714986

BigApp
December 8th, 2006, 12:23 PM
very nice audio slide show too!

proasu89
December 8th, 2006, 04:04 PM
I read it yesterday. One of the best articles I have ever read on our program and community. Even more impressive that it came from the other side of the state.

spoogemcgee18
December 8th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Superb. People outside the High Country really don´t realize what an amazing community we have here. It´s nice to get some publicity.

Black Saturday
December 8th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Very Nice! Some of Apps Best have come from eastern North Carolina.
Maybe this article from the heart of arguably the perennially best high school talent pool of NC will give APP a chance to keep talent flowing to the High Country.

Block-A
December 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM
While people from afar spin through Boone with the seasons, the faces downtown rarely change; they only age.

Not true. Just to make a point:

I lived in, or pretty much lived in (Aho, anyone?), Boone for many years before, during, and after I graduated from App. Some people live there a long time, but certainly not most of them. The faces change virtually constantly, the ages stay the same.

This is the result of the fact that half the town's population is students. As graduates leave, freshmen arrive. People are there for three, four , five (or more, as in my own case) years and are gone, replaced by someone else (or two someone else's) as the student body grows.

bustingnut
December 8th, 2006, 10:51 PM
That is the best I've read about us in the east. I live on the coast, and our newspaper dedicates a 2 paragraph, sometimes 1, article, almost always referring to App as Appy. Its all about ecu, and theyre rise to upper mediocrity here.

proasu89
December 8th, 2006, 11:26 PM
That is the best I've read about us in the east. I live on the coast, and our newspaper dedicates a 2 paragraph, sometimes 1, article, almost always referring to App as Appy. Its all about ecu, and theyre rise to upper mediocrity here.
Take the time to send him a note of appreciation.

[email protected]