PDA

View Full Version : Dartmouth @ Harvard Fri. evening, Oct 30

KPSUL
October 30th, 2015, 09:18 AM
We've all complained about not having enough info to properly judge Ivy Teams. Well here's a chance to see the two AGS ranked Ivy programs play in a state-of-the-art 1903 stadium if you get NBC Sports Network.

I'm totally on board with my fellow Granite Staters from Hanover.

crusader11
October 30th, 2015, 09:26 AM
We've all complained about not having enough info to properly judge Ivy Teams. Well here's a chance to see the two AGS ranked Ivy programs play in a state-of-the-art 1903 stadium if you get NBC Sports Network.

I'm totally on board with my fellow Granite Staters from Hanover.

I think both of these teams are really good, but, how can we actually know this? The two team's combined OOC wins are:

Rhode Island
Georgetown (2x)
Lafayette
Sacred Heart
Central Connecticut

Combined record = 13-25

Tim Murphy seems content playing a cream puff OOC schedule and winning 8-10 games each year. Really pathetic. It's a shame because I think this year's Harvard team would advance deep into the FCS playoffs.

mvemjsunpx
October 30th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Tim Murphy seems content playing a cream puff OOC schedule and winning 8-10 games each year. Really pathetic. It's a shame because I think this year's Harvard team would advance deep into the FCS playoffs.

Right. But when the Ivy presidents won't let you play in the playoffs for the nonsensical reasons they do, why would you even bother to play a tough non-conference schedule? I'm kinda surprised the Ivy presidents let their teams play non-conference games at all, to be honest.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 09:44 AM
I think both of these teams are really good, but, how can we actually know this?

I don't know, you could DVR the game tonight?

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Looking forward to this match up. Realistically, probably Harvard's on chance for an L this year. Maybe Yale, since it's a rivalry, but it would be a huge upset.

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Looking forward to this match up. Realistically, probably Harvard's on chance for an L this year. Maybe Yale, since it's a rivalry, but it would be a huge upset.

I never count Penn out, much as I despise them. They always seem to play us tough, even when they suck.

bulldog10jw
October 30th, 2015, 09:56 AM

It's also probably Dartmouth's only chance for an L this year. Maybe Princeton has a chance, but I'm pretty sure that game is in Hanover where Princeton does not usually play well.

Edit to add: Brown has improved a lot as the year has gone on. Dartmouth will be a substantial favorite, but Brown is no pushover.

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Right. But when the Ivy presidents won't let you play in the playoffs for the nonsensical reasons they do, why would you even bother to play a tough non-conference schedule? I'm kinda surprised the Ivy presidents let their teams play non-conference games at all, to be honest.

It's particularly disappointing when Harvard (under Amaker) has taken the opposite approach with men's hoops. This year's OOC schedule includes Kansas, BYU, Providence, and UMass, in addition to local, quality BB rivals like Holy Cross and Boston College.

crusader11
October 30th, 2015, 10:03 AM

I'll just watch it live, instead.

Harvard and Dartmouth both look really good, but if either of them don't play legitimately good teams, how can we really know just how good they are?

The best non-Ivy team they've played is Georgetown. Think about that.

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2015, 11:34 AM

But does watching two teams who play no one in non-conference really prove anything?

I mean I can watch UNI play a D3 school and they may look really impressive, but how does that really compare to other teams?

Grizalltheway
October 30th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Dartmouth wins 7-3.

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2015, 11:47 AM
I would really like to watch this game, but don't think I will be able to since I don't get NBC sports.

I would like to see Dartmouth win, but think Harvard probably runs away with it.

crusader11
October 30th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I would really like to watch this game, but don't think I will be able to since I don't get NBC sports.

I would like to see Dartmouth win, but think Harvard probably runs away with it.

Watch online: http://www.nbcsports.com/live-extra

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 12:22 PM
But does watching two teams who play no one in non-conference really prove anything?

I mean I can watch UNI play a D3 school and they may look really impressive, but how does that really compare to other teams?

I dunno, I suppose I could look at the New England Patriots and say "well, they looked really impressive last night against the Miami Dolphins, but I can't really compare them to UNI because they don't have common opponents". Or I could watch the game and make the judgement for myself and say, "holy ****, they'd blow the doors off UNI, Lehigh, or whomever".

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 12:33 PM
I dunno, I suppose I could look at the New England Patriots and say "well, they looked really impressive last night against the Miami Dolphins, but I can't really compare them to UNI because they don't have common opponents". Or I could watch the game and make the judgement for myself and say, "holy ****, they'd blow the doors off UNI, Lehigh, or whomever".

I'm not following. Obviously, NE has been a tested team and there is a big sample of how they react playing tough competition. Harvard has no such reference. Teams and good/great players react and matchup differently when faced against more talented players. Good coaches get outcoached. Maybe I'm not following your logic, but even though you or I may think Harvard is a great team, there's no way to prove that with their schedule.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I'm not following. Obviously, NE has been a tested team and there is a big sample of how they react playing tough competition. Harvard has no such reference. Teams and good/great players react and matchup differently when faced against more talented players. Good coaches get outcoached. Maybe I'm not following your logic, but even though you or I may think Harvard is a great team, there's no way to prove that with their schedule.

This is the same old argument, "Could today's NE Patriots beat the '72 Dolphins?" We don't know because they didn't play common opponents. Is UNI's win over Cal Poly more impressive that Harvard's win last weekend over Princeton? Exact same principle. We don't know. All we can do is watch the teams play, and form an opinion.

Bisonator
October 30th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Yawn. I'm just not that interested. I mean does it really matter to me who wins or if either one is good? No. Now maybe, just maybe if we were to see one or both of those teams in the PO's I just might give 2 ****s about tonights game!

bulldog10jw
October 30th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Yawn. I'm just not that interested. I mean does it really matter to me who wins or if either one is good? No. Now maybe, just maybe if we were to see one or both of those teams in the PO's I just might give 2 ****s about tonights game!

I hear they might cancel the game now due to your lack of interest.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 01:15 PM

This is entirely fair. If the Ivies played in the playoffs, it would instantly make a game like this more of a national concern.

Mattymc727
October 30th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Go Dartmouth!

Go figure, the one year when Dartmouth may actually have a shot to beat UNH...they dont play....

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2015, 01:47 PM
This is the same old argument, "Could today's NE Patriots beat the '72 Dolphins?" We don't know because they didn't play common opponents. Is UNI's win over Cal Poly more impressive that Harvard's win last weekend over Princeton? Exact same principle. We don't know. All we can do is watch the teams play, and form an opinion.

Since you seem to watch these teams all the time, and claim to know so much about these Ivy teams can we get your expert breakdown of this game?

You always say Harvard is elite. I've seen them play they are great. You never actually provide any insight into what makes them elite. So some insight into these teams and how you see it play out would be nice for once.

F'N Hawks
October 30th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Since you seem to watch these teams all the time, and claim to know so much about these Ivy teams can we get your expert breakdown of this game?

You always say Harvard is elite. I've seen them play they are great. You never actually provide any insight into what makes them elite. So some insight into these teams and how you see it play out would be nice for once.

Not exactly the same level as Harvard and Dartmouth, but I watched Penn and Yale last week. My takeaways were solid overall football, not any real dynamic playmakers but solid ball players. Fundamentally it was decent but they certainly don't have anywhere near the horses to compete vs. Top 20 teams. Having said that I assume Harvard & Dartmouth are much better than those two. We will see.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 02:14 PM

Dartmouth QB Dalyn Williams has a good chance to be drafted by an NFL team. He's a speedy dual-threat QB that is similar to Vad Lee, only knock on him is he isn't a prototypical NFL QB in terms of height (6'0), who might scare off some potential teams. He has a mountain of ability, though, completing 66% of his passes, scoring 18 TDs and only throwing 1 INT. They spread the ball around a bit, but 5'9 WR Victor Williams is his No. 1 target and he might get some NFL play, too, though more as a special teams guy. This offense is paired with a tough, aggressive defense, led by LB Folarin Orimolde, but admittedly they haven't faced an offense like Harvard's.

Williams was an absolute monster against Penn, who was completely unable to stop him in any way. The 41-20 scoreline is misleading because Dartmouth pulled the starters at something like 41-3 before Penn scored two late touchdowns. Even with the dominating nature of Dartmouth's D, I'm not willing to classify it as a tremendous defense until I see how they do against Harvard.

Harvard has a more balanced attack through QB Scott Hosch and RB Paul Stanton, Jr. Hosch is also a dual-threat QB but a very tiny step behind Williams in the athleticism department. Hosch has a deeper range of targets though in their passing game, and has Stanton to take pressure off him passing the ball. He also has two potential NFLers blocking for him upfront, OL Anthony Fabiano and OL Cole Toner. Hard to argue with the results, too, scoring more than 40 points in every single game they've played this season. Hosch has only been sacked 3 times all year.

Harvard has sort-of a no-name defense without any one glaring weakness, which makes them scary to go up against. LB Eric Medes is probably the best player on this unit, which has only yielded 47 points on the entire year. They haven't faced anyone like Dalyn Williams, though.

Which is why this will be a great game.

carney2
October 30th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Looking forward to this game more than either I am scheduled to attend tomorrow (Georgetown @ Lehigh and Bucknell @ Lafayette). I honestly don't expect to make it beyond halftime of either of those.

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Thank you for that write up. Exactly the thing I was looking for. I am hoping I can find this game online, but as a non cable subscriber it might be tough since I cannot log into the NBC Sports Extra. Might have to see if I can get it on a sports bar around here although that may be tough as well. Not many people here in Husker country clamoring for some Harvard-Dartmouth action on a Friday especially with the Royals in the WS.

crusader11
October 30th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Looking forward to this game more than either I am scheduled to attend tomorrow (Georgetown @ Lehigh and Bucknell @ Lafayette). I honestly don't expect to make it beyond halftime of either of those.

Will combined attendance reach five figures?

carney2
October 30th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Will combined attendance reach five figures?

Lafayette counts empty seats as enthusiastic fans. I'm betting the published attendance at at that one is over 6,000 - and probably over 7,000.

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I hear they might cancel the game now due to your lack of interest.
And I don't give 3 sharts whether Bloviator gives 2 sharts about tonight's game!:D

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 06:36 PM
OK! Here we go! Game is on NBC Sports.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Watching it now! Pulling for Darmouth but Harvard wins...

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I think Dartmouth can take these guys.... and just as I say this, McManus makes a long catch for D.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Sounds like there's a decent amount of Dartmouth fans there....

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 06:45 PM
3-0 Keggy over the Johnnies.

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvAi4TYCAAAPF0a.jpg

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 06:51 PM
At Lafayette, that long pass would have been a H TD walk into the endzone. Dartmouth had him double covered.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 06:55 PM
D holds H and gets the ball back... D thinks they can throw deep on these guys. It's amazing how everyone in AGS dumps on the Ivy. This is some good football.

- - - Updated - - -

Big penalty by H... had D sacked on third... now first down D at the H 35

- - - Updated - - -

I mean D 35.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 06:59 PM
D driving downfield, at the H 25.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:01 PM
HUGE catch on third and 10 by D! To the H 12.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Dartmouth looks good! Williams looks legit...

Schism55
Ross Tucker is horrible. "I don't know why you run the option to the boundry side of the field?"

Maybe watch some film Ross.

KPSUL
October 30th, 2015, 07:03 PM
S far so good for Dartmouth, I'd like to see a running back gain some yards though.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:05 PM
TD! 3yrd run! 10-0 KEGGY!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 07:05 PM
TD Dartmouth!!

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Looks like Harvard is playing in a real, actual competitive football game for the first time in like, five years?

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:22 PM
HARVARD FG BLOCKED!

- - - Updated - - -

See Harvard? This is what happens when you play cupcakes and don't play in real games... can't handle the pressure when a good team brings it.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:24 PM
WOW.. deep bomb by Dartmouth... to the H 26! And then a 10 yrd run!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 07:27 PM
This is crazy!

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 07:27 PM
Dartmouth looking real sharp so far!! QB is very good. Could be a turning point if they can stop them here though.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Ouch! Hope he's ok. His back really took a shot....

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Well H responds and holds them, D FG MISSED!

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Now the momentum shifts. That was a catastrophic penalty.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Dartmouth failing to step on Harvard's throat.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Got to see Jay Fiedler against Lehigh in 1991. He was the last Dolphin QB to reach the postseason in back-2-back years....

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Shocked, SHOCKED I say, by the Keggers so far. I have split allegiances in this game.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Dartmouth looks strong, but Harvard with a huge pass play with 1:30 left in the half that could get them back in this.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:54 PM
INT D!

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Wow, what an opportune INT.

I wish we had Dartmouth's defense.

EDIT - if I, perchance, posted anything negative about the Keggers this season, I take it all back.

Pard4Life
NO SOUP FOR YOU CRIMSON (tide ... KillaBee) lol

Lehigh Football Nation
Dear lord that was a horrible pass. Momentum with the Keggers.

Pard4Life
Wow, what an opportune INT.

I wish we had Dartmouth's defense.

I wish we had COLUMBIA'S OFFENSE!

Bring back Faragalli!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Dartmouth was in control but only leads 10-0. Should be a very interesting first half.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 07:56 PM
The Ivy and Patriot League... the only leagues that interview their college presidents at halftime!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Dartmouth flying to the ball, putting Harvard to shame in terms of energy. The blocked FG, spririted play on defense...

- - - Updated - - -

The Ivy and Patriot League... the only leagues that interview their college presidents at halftime!

So absolutely true.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Dartmouth was in control but only leads 10-0. Should be a very interesting first half.

Only leads 10-0 but Harvard is a heckuva good team. I'd have been way more than pleased to lead Harvard 10-0 at the half a couple of weeks ago.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Only leads 10-0 but Harvard is a heckuva good team. I'd have been way more than pleased to lead Harvard 10-0 at the half a couple of weeks ago.

I would have been happy to be down 20-3... because that mean our line can block for FGs!!

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:03 PM

. . . and interview professors in obscure fields of study talking about things most football fans never considered or even heard of. I like it.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Tim Murphy is going to way more aggressive in the second half. Given that INT to close the first half, I have to wonder if it will backfire oh him.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:10 PM
If the Keggers win, will Teevens get another spot on Colbert's show?

KPSUL
October 30th, 2015, 08:10 PM

Oh, OK. So in the Ivy League they play the 2nd Half First, Then the First Half!

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Dr. Faust is a football fan!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, looks like a topic for the Laf/UNH thread!

Also we play three to five halves, not necessarily in that order. Sometimes they're played on separate planes of dimension, where time is not a fixed concept.

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 08:13 PM

Ivy League Mathematics

KPSUL
October 30th, 2015, 08:15 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Also we play three to five halves, not necessarily in that order. Sometimes they're played on separate planes of dimension.

If UNH loses to Rhode Island tomorrow would you let me borrow that Avatar?

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Ivy League Mathematics

The call it "Maths" at Oxford.

- - - Updated - - -

If UNH loses to Rhode Island tomorrow would you let me borrow that Avatar?

Of course. I'll put a blue/silver necktie on it, too.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Harvard OL is getting a big push but Dartmouth is bringing LBs as if they know the exact play that's coming.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 08:22 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Also we play three to five halves, not necessarily in that order. Sometimes they're played on separate planes of dimension, where time is not a fixed concept.

If he is a football fan, he will allow the Ivies schedule 11 games and participate in the playoffs

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 08:25 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That's Canadian Football rules Bogey..

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:27 PM
QB Williams might be trying to do too much at this point. Why not just keep things close and steady? You're ahead and your defense is doing a phenomenal job.

- - - Updated - - -

That's Canadian Football rules Bogey..

But Canada is close to New Hampshire.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Ben Braunecker is a tremendous TE, both blocking and receiving. He could play for any DI team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Wow, turnovers are killing Harvard!

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Wow, turnovers are killing Harvard!

TOs could be the tale of this game, Owl.

PantherRob82
October 30th, 2015, 08:36 PM
So Harvard will fall to 15 and Dartmouth jumps to the Top 10? xrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:38 PM

If so, they'll have deserved it. xnodx

Also Harvard >>>> UNI. And much better dressed. xcoolx

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 08:43 PM

Can't put them that high, but it is an entertaining game tonight. Great effort for a non MVFC game ;)

Sader87
October 30th, 2015, 08:43 PM
McManus is a great receiver for Dartmouth

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:44 PM
MVFC game

What is "MVFC?" Never heard of 'em. xsmhx

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 08:46 PM
What is "MVFC?" Never heard of 'em. xsmhx

Some D3 league, maybe NAIA, I forget

How the F do u drop that pass btw

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I liked the Harvard kicker from last year - the kid who wore wire-framed glasses under his helmet. You don't get that in the MVFC.

PantherRob82
October 30th, 2015, 08:49 PM
If so, they'll have deserved it. xnodx

Also Harvard >>>> UNI. And much better dressed. xcoolx

#1- I don't care how they compare to UNI
#2- I doubt they are better than UNI.
#3- I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't put them that high, but it is an entertaining game tonight. Great effort for a non MVFC game ;)
If Harvard gets shut out and is still in the poll it will be a joke.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Harvard OL is getting a big push but Dartmouth is bringing LBs as if they know the exact play that's coming.

Man, I noticed that too. Teevens seems to be outsmarting the Johnnies.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:53 PM

You try dragging those Cantabs up and down the field for a hundred years or so, then I'll listen. xreadx

PantherRob82
October 30th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Harvard looks like they are ready to end the shutout.

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 08:55 PM
#1- I don't care how they compare to UNI
#3- I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

If Harvard gets shut out and is still in the poll it will be a joke.

Probably won't happen. I agree with you.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Man, I noticed that too. Teevens seems to be outsmarting the Johnnies.

Cantabs seem to be making adjustments for Keggers' sharp-eyed LBs, but man does Dartmouth tackle well in the field. They're aggressive and they swarm to the ball. Very impressive.

Schism55
October 30th, 2015, 08:58 PM
What's the announced attendance?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 08:59 PM

Not sure but it looks pretty good. 14-17k i'm guessing....

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:00 PM

Stadium holds about 30,000 IIRC. My guess is 22,000 paid attendance tonight.

EDIT - I'm way off. Per Harvard Football Twitter, "Tonight's attendance: 13,058."

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Harvard twitter said 13,058 for attendance.

Schism55
October 30th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Harvard twitter said 13,058 for attendance.

Thank you sir

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Man, Dartmouth is making Harvard earn every yard.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:06 PM
What a goal line stand! Why don't you pass it once?!?

aceinthehole
What a GL stand by Dartmouth.

Go Big Green!

Lehigh'98
That was an awesome goal line stand

Schism55
October 30th, 2015, 09:07 PM
What a goal line stand. Back breaker for the Crimson me thinks

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Wow. Just wow. That was an amazing stand by Dartmouth.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 09:11 PM
I had doubts about this Dartmouth defense... No more. They are the real deal.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:13 PM
When was the last time we saw Harvard come from behind, down by two scores, with 8:00 mins to go?

aceinthehole
October 30th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Harvard hasn't played a ranked opponent since 2010.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Harvard TD. This is a really good game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:20 PM

Who was it? Lehigh had yet to be ranked when they beat the Crimson that year iirc.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:21 PM
FG should do it for the Green, but can they?

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Who was it? Lehigh had yet to be ranked when they beat the Crimson that year iirc.

Crimson played Holy Cross, Lafayette and Lehigh in 2010. I don't think any PL was ranked.

EDIT - I'm pretty sure it was Penn that was ranked in 2010. Penn went 9-1, losing only to Villanova. Penn beat Lafayette and Bucknell, and swept the Ivy that year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Crimson played Holy Cross, Lafayette and Lehigh in 2010. I don't think any PL was ranked.

Lehigh spent the last 3-4 weeks ranked iirc. Their win over Harvard that year in mid October probably put them on the fringe. I think the Colgate win is when they broke into the Top 25.

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Questionable play calling from Dartmouth there. You have an athletic qb. Run the ball, kill clock

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I am forced to follow this game on Gamecast. Shame because looks like a good one so far.

UNIFanSince1983
October 30th, 2015, 09:29 PM

Crazy that no other Ivy team has been ranked when Harvard played them since then even.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Wow!! huge turnovers! Dartmouth has really killed themselves since the 1st quarter....

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Oh, boy. Green fumbles!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:36 PM
C'mon Dartmouth!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:40 PM
TD Harvard with 0;38 seconds left....

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:42 PM
So now the Keggers have 38 seconds and two times out. It would be fitting to see them pull it off.

Pard4Life
Ridiculous

Lehigh'98
GoGreen must be sick

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:43 PM
This is a great FCS game/environment!

- - - Updated - - -

Should have called timeout!!

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Oh man Dartmouth has a shot

- - - Updated - - -

Can't make a FG here

- - - Updated - - -

No WAY!!!! THERE IS TIME LEFT HERE JOHNNIES

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Dartmouth really with some interesting time management these last 20 seconds. There was legitimately was 0:01 left...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Blocked FG.

Those are two darn good teams. That was a GREAT game played in an awesome setting!

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Dartmouth handed them the game on a platter. So many poor coaching moments overshadowed a great effort

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Ouch. Gotta feel for the Keggers. But what a great game and a terrific showcase for Ivy football.

Bronco
October 30th, 2015, 09:50 PM
Fun game...great finish

KPSUL
October 30th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Dartmouth grasps defeat from the jaws of victory.

Pard4Life
Wow. Awful for Dartmouth.

aceinthehole
Awful loss for Dartmouth. They gave that one away.

Good game, but still don't see how the Crimson can be ranked anywhere above 18 with the schedule they play.

jmrepak
October 30th, 2015, 09:55 PM
What a great game.

Harvard should have showed a little more discipline at the end of the game though. A Harvard player kicked the loose ball out of bounds after the block instead of falling on it or letting it settle. Dartmouth could not have legally recovered the ball so there is no reason to touch it. Kicking the ball out of bounds could have been called illegal batting (I think that is an NCAA penalty as well as NFL). As a defensive foul on a Dartmouth possession that may have resulted in a 15-yarder and an untimed down. Glad it didn't because that would be stupid, but I believe those are the rules.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Harvard has Columbia, Penn and Yale yet to play. I can't see them not sweeping the rest of the way.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 09:56 PM
What a great game.

I will add this though. Harvard should have showed a little more discipline at the end of the game. My point is that the Harvard player kicked the loose ball out of bounds instead of falling on it or letting it settle. Dartmouth could not have legally recovered the ball so there is no reason to touch it. Kicking the ball out of bounds could have been called illegal batting (I think that is an NCAA penalty as well as NFL). As a defensive foul on a Dartmouth possession that may have resulted in a 15-yarder and an untimed down. Good game though

I thought the same thing! I thought they rushed the field way before the actual play had ended too. They made a few bonehead moves there but got away with it....

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Post-game interview - Scott Hosch does a terrific Ryan Fitzpatrick impersonation.

Go Green
October 30th, 2015, 10:00 PM
This one will hurt....

Congrats to Harvard on a well-fought win. We should have had it. But the Crimson got it done.

xbawlingx

KPSUL
October 30th, 2015, 10:00 PM
What a great game.

Harvard should have showed a little more discipline at the end of the game though. A Harvard player kicked the loose ball out of bounds after the block instead of falling on it or letting it settle. Dartmouth could not have legally recovered the ball so there is no reason to touch it. Kicking the ball out of bounds could have been called illegal batting (I think that is an NCAA penalty as well as NFL). As a defensive foul on a Dartmouth possession that may have resulted in a 15-yarder and an untimed down. Glad it didn't because that would be stupid, but I believe those are the rules.

Good point, plus the Harvard players rushed on to the field while the ball from that blocked kick was still live and in-bounds.

Go Green
October 30th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Harvard has Columbia, Penn and Yale yet to play. I can't see them not sweeping the rest of the way.

Harvard *could* lose any of those games. But they will be strong favorites for any of them.

centraljerseycat
Feel sorry for the Dartmouth kids. They played their asses off and deserved better. Teevens is such an awful coach. The guy has never won a big game in 3 decades as a head coach.

Bogus Megapardus
This one will hurt....

Congrats to Harvard on a well-fought win. We should have had it. But the Crimson got it done. xbawlingx

Condolences, GoGreen.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Harvard *could* lose any of those games. But they will be strong favorites for any of them.

Wouldn't it be sweet to see Columbia beat . . . nah, never mind. xcoolx

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2015, 10:09 PM
This one will hurt....

Congrats to Harvard on a well-fought win. We should have had it. But the Crimson got it done.

xbawlingx
Heart-stopping defensive battle. At the end of the third quarter, I thought our streak was over. Dartmouth is a great team. Good luck to the Big Green the rest of the way. And a salute to GoGreen and Green26 for being class acts on this board.xsalutexxthumbsupx

Bisonwinagn
October 30th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Dartmouth really choked that game away by not running on the earlier possession with 4 minutes left. Then running a pitch play later was not very smart.

Go Green
October 30th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Dartmouth failing to step on Harvard's throat.

And THAT is why we lost.

Go Green
October 30th, 2015, 10:21 PM
GoGreen must be sick

I am.

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2015, 10:50 PM
And THAT is why we lost.

"When you strike at a king, you must kill him." --Ralph Waldo Emerson, Harvard Class of 1821

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2015, 10:58 PM
GoGreen must be sick

It's not easy... being Green...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Great game. That early dropped TD pass by Dartmouth may have been the biggest killer.

Bogus Megapardus
October 30th, 2015, 11:50 PM
"When you strike at a king, you must kill him." --Ralph Waldo Emerson, Harvard Class of 1821

"It's good to be the king" -- Mel Brooks, Brooklyn College Class of Nevermind.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2015, 01:37 AM
Alternated between the Dartmouth-Harvard game and the World Series. A terrific football game. Both are great clubs but I believe Dartmouth is a shade better this season. In any event, a great showcase for the Ivy League!

Go Green
October 31st, 2015, 06:44 AM
Great game. That early dropped TD pass by Dartmouth may have been the biggest killer.

That.

Going offsides on the one-inch line

Subsequently missing the 22-yard FG attempt

Fumbling with a little under 3 minutes to go.

Bad clock management on the last drive.

Take away any of those, and we get the W.

Pard4Life
October 31st, 2015, 09:35 AM
"It's good to be the king" -- Mel Brooks, Brooklyn College Class of Nevermind.

A Game of Thrones character said something memorable about the king... but since this is a family board...

Go Green
October 31st, 2015, 10:49 AM
Seems that Dartmouth folks are lamenting the drop in the end zone the most. For those that didn't watch the game, it was kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbO2wlxYeWw

Ivytalk
October 31st, 2015, 11:35 AM
Seems that Dartmouth folks are lamenting the drop in the end zone the most. For those that didn't watch the game, it was kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbO2wlxYeWw
Just like Chico Escuela called it on WHRB.