View Full Version : NEC Week 9 - Pick 'em

RedFlash
October 28th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Week 9 of the NEC schedule is already here:

Robert Morris @ Central Connecticut
Sacred Heart @ St. Francis
Wagner @ Duquesne
Bryant @ Holy Cross

I'm going with all of the home teams this week.

Best chance for an upset may be Sacred Heart as my Flash have to be pretty down this week after basically handing last week's game to Bryant. (Two special team mistakes may haunt them at the end of the season.)

CCSU should handle RMU's defense - unless they turn the ball over 4 times again like they did against Duquesne.

Duquesne will have no problem with Wagner.

Went with the home team in the Bryant/HC game based solely on the fact that my wife went to HC and requires that we always pull for the Crusaders.

Original_RMC
October 28th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Robert Morris @ Central Connecticu - CCSU at home will be tough to beat. RMU's offense is bad and having difficult time putting points on the board. RMU's defense will keep them in the game for 4th quarters but too many empty series from the RMU offense will continue to haunt them!!! CCSU 24-10
Sacred Heart @ St. Francis - both teams 1-1 in the NEC. Winner is at the top while the loser is really hoping for huge help. Going with SFU and their secondary in this one. SFU 28-20
Wagner @ Duquesne - Did the Dukes finally figure out a rushing attack last week? I know the weather didn't help their stats. Young secondary for the Dukes worries me but Wagner is OK with counting the money from their two FBS match-ups and thinking about 2016. Dukes 31-10
Bryant @ Holy Cross - Taking Bryant on the road. Bryant's only road win this year was @Brown, a team that beat Holy Cross. Bryant 21-20

eiu1999
October 28th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Robert Morris @ Central Connecticut
Sacred Heart @ St. Francis
Wagner @ Duquesne
Bryant @ Holy Cross

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 28th, 2015, 01:23 PM
CCSU
St. Francis wins the FCS Holy War after last week's debacle.
Duquesne
Holy Cross. (Always picked the Crusaders based on their name alone. I wish St. Francis would change our moniker to "Crusaders")

RedFlash
October 28th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Wagner @ Duquesne

Boy I'd love to see this come true, but after watching Wagner play in Loretto a few weeks ago, I just don't see them winning their first game on the road against the Dukes.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Cross. (Always picked the Crusaders based on their name alone. I wish St. Francis would change our moniker to "Crusaders")

I could live with that name change, although the "Red Flash" name is pretty unique.

bonarae
October 28th, 2015, 05:13 PM
CCSU
St. Francis
Duquesne
Bryant

blackbeard
October 29th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Central Connecticut
Sacred Heart - homer pick, SFU has our number
Duquesne
Bryant - starts to pick up some momentum toward a title run

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 29th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Boy I'd love to see this come true, but after watching Wagner play in Loretto a few weeks ago, I just don't see them winning their first game on the road against the Dukes.

- - - Updated - - -

I could live with that name change, although the "Red Flash" name is pretty unique.

I wouldn't mind "Fighting Friars" if we bring back the old Frankie outfit.