PDA

View Full Version : Vad Lee To Miss the Remainder of the 2015 Season

FargoBison
October 27th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Just saw this on Twitter...sucks to see another great QB go down....

HARRISONBURG, Va. – James Madison Head Coach Everett Withers announced Tuesday via social media that redshirt senior quarterback Vad Lee underwent surgery and miss the remainder of the 2015 season.

"If you are a JMU alum, fan, student or supporter and you have gotten to see this young man play in the last 21 games at JMU, you know you have witnessed something special," Withers said. "Vad Lee will finish his career statistically as one of the best quarterbacks to play at JMU, but looking beyond just his impressive stats, Vad Lee was a game changer. He's not only one of the best players in JMU history, but one of the best people I have ever been associated with. Vad will continue to be the vocal leader of this team as we continue to fight for Madison down the stretch."

Lee injured his left foot early in the fourth quarter last Saturday against Richmond. His final completion was a 41-yard pass during the drive, he exited the game a few plays later and did not return.

http://jmusports.com/news/2015/10/27/football_1027154652.aspx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 27th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Wow, that's horrible! What started as a great weekend for JMU ended about as badly as possible. I wouldn't have kept JMU in the Top 10 had I known this.

Schur is a NEPA kid which means his tough. He went to a really good JUCCO program for a year before transferring to JMU this year. But he's not even 1/10th as dynamic as Lee.....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2015, 03:15 PM
God that's terrible news. Hope for a full recovery, soon.

frozennorth
October 27th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Remember when this was supposed to be the year of the Qb? VA is at Oregon, Wentz, Robertson, and Lee are out for the season. Who's left? Prukop and Roberson?

JMUNJ08
October 27th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Glad I waited on the Frisco tickets.... If we can win at W&M this week, we can still make a run. Though, if we come out looking like a dumpster fire, we may have to win our last 2 just to get into the playoffs...

Nickels
October 27th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Remember when this was supposed to be the year of the Qb? VA is at Oregon, Wentz, Robertson, and Lee are out for the season. Who's left? Prukop and Roberson?
I thought Roberson was out too?

edit- oops, I Meant Robertson from Nova not Tre.

Thundar
October 27th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I thought Roberson was out too?

edit- oops, I Meant Robertson from Nova not Tre.

Roberson does have some nagging injury to his hand I believe, but I don't think its I big deal

REALBird
October 27th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Tough luck. Hope he has a full recovery and is successful in whatever he does beyond football and JMU.

RootinFerDukes
October 27th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Glad I waited on the Frisco tickets.... If we can win at W&M this week, we can still make a run. Though, if we come out looking like a dumpster fire, we may have to win our last 2 just to get into the playoffs...

8 wins out of the CAA is enough. We just need to win one more game.

RootinFerDukes
October 27th, 2015, 04:09 PM
It seems like every dual threat QB goes down due to injury. We've had Rodney landers and Vad Lee both go down and they were running QBs.

bostonspider
October 27th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Sad to see this, he was fun to watch, and seemed a great guy

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Sad to see the year of the Quarterback come to an end so soon.

I wish all of them a speedy recovery and hope they achieve all of their lifes dreams.

paward
October 27th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Lee is resilient. He still has some football days left in him. I wish him all he has garnered and that is the very best.

RootinFerDukes
October 27th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Hopefully he will be available for the NFL combine. I'm not sure what the recovery timeline is.

veinup
October 27th, 2015, 06:12 PM
absolutely crushing. sucks.

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Was looking forward to a run by JMU. Hope he recovers soon.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear this news, it really sucks losing these great players.

PAllen
October 27th, 2015, 07:05 PM
That sucks. I hope that his next steps go well and playing at JMU can be a pleasant memory.

Milktruck74
October 27th, 2015, 07:47 PM
AGS fans get it. All of the above post are sincere...Nobody is being an Asshat and saying crap. I was having this discussion with a friend that witnessed adults (some even parents) at a HS football game being morons and yelling for someone to "Hurt that boy"..... We may rib each other, but we keep it classy!!!!! Well, classy may be a stretch, but nobody wishes for anyone to get hurt!!!!

Tribal
October 27th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Lee is a special player. Really happy for him that JMU gave him a shot after his time at GT. He took full advantage of his opportunity, no doubt about that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fordham
October 27th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Horrible news. Sorry JMU fans

spdram
October 27th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Sorry to hear this news, Vad was(is) a special player and brought a lot of recognition for FCS football. I'm hoping he still has a great NFL career

clenz
October 27th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Man....just terrible news to read.

It's tragic any time a young man's career ends like this, especially for one with that kind of trajectory for the season goals.

Bisonator
October 27th, 2015, 09:19 PM
It sucks. Hate seeing any player injured. Wish him a full recovery.

dewey
October 29th, 2015, 07:15 AM
That stinks. Seems like there have been quite a few high profile players lost for the season this year.

Dewey

UIWWildthing
October 29th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Man that really REALLY sucks. Hope for a speedy recovery for Lee.

Mr. C
October 30th, 2015, 07:27 PM
I had the chance to meet and interview Vad Lee for a College Sports Journal column at Elon two weeks ago. He came across as a really nice kid, who was more concerned about team goals than individual accomplishments. And he is oh, so talented. I am always sad to see seniors have their careers end with injuries. After watching him on film and in person, I think we will be seeing him play somewhere on Sundays when he gets healthy again.

Felt similarly bummed when another of my personal favorites, John Robertson, went down with his knee injury. Another terrific kid.

ngineer
October 30th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Man, that is lousy. I felt Lee was worthy of Heisman consideration. Hopefully he fully recovers so he can get to then next level.

RootinFerDukes
October 31st, 2015, 09:27 AM
Bryan Schor is our backup and I'm anxious to see him start today against our most complete opponent on the road. I'm honestly more concerned with the performance of our defense than the fact that we don't have Vad anymore. If our D steps up, Schor is probably talented enough to score 28-35 per game, just not an average of 49.

The game is on NBCSN at 4pm EST today.