PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky POW is a joke

clawman
October 26th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Cooper Kupp had 20 catches for 275 yards (breaking Jerry Rices record) and won practically every player of the week award except... for his own conference. The Big Sky decided to have a CO-offensive award.
That is ridiculous!!

dudeitsaid
October 26th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Cooper Kupp had 20 catches for 275 yards (breaking Jerry Rices record) and won practically every player of the week award except... for his own conference. The Big Sky decided to have a CO-offensive award.
That is ridiculous!!

What's awesome is he has so much class, he probably is thrilled to be named to the POW award, and entirely cool with being a Co-POW.

I heard the sportscasters covering the EWU vs UNC game mention that someone put the team totals for offensive TD's on Twitter, and showed that Kupp had more than most BSC teams total offensive TD's. Kupp responded by listing the EWU offensive TD's. Total team guy. He is truly a special player and person!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2015, 10:57 PM
That is ridiculous!!

Oh boo f'n hoo. Did he share it with a guy that tossed 6 TD's? Just looke, he did. Who GAF that he broke Rice's record for this week's award...if it's an accumulation trophy of some sort then why do they call it POW?

Back to the Eastern Whinington University crap over a POW honor...xlolx

Both had great weeks, glad they both got recognized.

BTW, Simis had 6 TD's and 7 incompletions. Think that rates alright in the light of it all.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 26th, 2015, 10:58 PM
What's awesome is he has so much class, he probably is thrilled to be named to the POW award, and entirely cool with being a Co-POW.

I heard the sportscasters covering the EWU vs UNC game mention that someone put the team totals for offensive TD's on Twitter, and showed that Kupp had more than most BSC teams total offensive TD's. Kupp responded by listing the EWU offensive TD's. Total team guy. He is truly a special player and person!

He certainly seems to be a good dude. Special player for sure.

Grizalltheway
October 26th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Oh boo f'n hoo. Did he share it with a guy that tossed 6 TD's? Just looke, he did. Who GAF that he broke Rice's record for this week's award...if it's an accumulation trophy of some sort then why do they call it POW?

Back to the Eastern Whinington University crap over a POW honor...xlolx

Both had great weeks, glad they both got recognized.

BTW, Simis had 6 TD's and 7 incompletions. Think that rates alright in the light of it all.

And he was a slightly overthrown pass from 7 TDs...

Oh and clawman, go whine about this on EWU's board. I know your audience will be rather small, but at least you'll have some chance of getting some sympathy.

MTfan4life
October 27th, 2015, 01:31 AM
That is ridiculous!!

What record was broken?

mvemjsunpx
October 27th, 2015, 02:14 AM
What record was broken?

Career receiving TDs

grizband
October 27th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Career receiving TDs
Only problem...Jerry Rice doesn't hold the record. David Ball from UNH does. Kupp will probably break that record within the next couple games, though.

mvemjsunpx
October 27th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Only problem...Jerry Rice doesn't hold the record. David Ball from UNH does. Kupp will probably break that record within the next couple games, though.

Maybe he'll bolt for the draft before then. xsmiley_wix

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Oh, to have the problems of an Eastern Washington, crying because one member of their playoff-bound team has to share Offensive POW honors rather than experiencing the joy of sweeping conference AND national awards.

kalm
October 27th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Descalo not getting the special teams award is more of a travesty. Punter comes off the bench after one PAT was blocked and a second missed, kicks the final four and also kicks the 44 yard game winner.

It's a gawdammed conspiracy I tell ya!

wapiti
October 27th, 2015, 08:40 AM
What record was broken?
His Beatles White album

Catsfan90
October 27th, 2015, 08:43 AM
This is the year for UNH to lose their records, so it would make sense.

Any Delaware fans have advice for how to deal?

tomq04
October 27th, 2015, 08:48 AM

That's awesome!! How come he hasn't been playing the whole time :-D

Silenoz
October 27th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Well we skipped our 4th string guy in garbage time to play a WR at QB. So.... I'm pretty sure our depth chart at QB is stricly in place to confuse our opponents

F'N Hawks
October 27th, 2015, 01:19 PM

Sanders was POW vs. UND -- Simis was POW vs. UND -- Guessing Prukop will be this week (if Ash is smart enough to throw the majority of the time).

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2015, 02:22 PM

I don't know, I ain't the coach. I'd bet there was a reason though. In spite of that, he killed it when he got out there....well not the first time, but for his first start he did.

Grizalltheway
October 27th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Sanders was POW vs. UND -- Simis was POW vs. UND -- Guessing Prukop will be this week (if Ash is smart enough to throw the majority of the time).

It'll be a battle between him and Santiago against MSU's defense.xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2015, 02:24 PM

That's the odd thing. We only attempted 22 passes I think, seems pretty low so I better go check that again but I'd have expected much more than that.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2015, 02:25 PM
It'll be a battle between him and Santiago against MSU's defense.xnodx

Holy ****, I hadn't even thought about how Santiago tearing up that D...that could be a great game.

MTfan4life
October 27th, 2015, 02:25 PM
That's the odd thing. We only attempted 22 passes I think, seems pretty low so I better go check that again but I'd have expected much more than that.

I know his average yards on completed passes was over 20 yards per. I'm pretty sure he went 15-22.

Grizalltheway
October 27th, 2015, 02:31 PM
I know his average yards on completed passes was over 20 yards per. I'm pretty sure he went 15-22.

16-23 is what I saw.

MTfan4life
October 27th, 2015, 02:33 PM
16-23 is what I saw.

Edit: Yeah, I am seeing different results between the Big Sky's stats and GoGriz's stats, which is strange because I'm pretty sure the Sky just gets their stats info from the home teams.

Further edit after further research: GoGriz has 16-23. Big Sky has 15-22, with one of the passes being turned into a Ben Roberts rush. (I'm guessing it was a behind the line of scrimmage throw.) Also, the NCAA stats ranking page has Simis being 15-22.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Edit: Yeah, I am seeing different results between the Big Sky's stats and GoGriz's stats, which is strange because I'm pretty sure the Sky just gets their stats info from the home teams.

Further edit after further research: GoGriz has 16-23. Big Sky has 15-22, with one of the passes being turned into a Ben Roberts rush. (I'm guessing it was a behind the line of scrimmage throw.) Also, the NCAA stats ranking page has Simis being 15-22.

That is what I saw Sunday (15-22) on the gogriz site so it's odd it's changing but the Roberts thing would explain it. No matter what that is a low number of attempts, a high percentage of completions, and an extraordinary number of TD's out of it on top of that. That f'n efficient.

That's a small percentage considering we ran about 80 or 90 plays I think. I really should go double check my numbers but now I'm all pumped up cuz I had the original pass stuff right I might just be making it all up now. xlolx

Grizalltheway
October 27th, 2015, 05:42 PM
That is what I saw Sunday (15-22) on the gogriz site so it's odd it's changing but the Roberts thing would explain it. No matter what that is a low number of attempts, a high percentage of completions, and an extraordinary number of TD's out of it on top of that. That f'n efficient.

That's a small percentage considering we ran about 80 or 90 plays I think. I really should go double check my numbers but now I'm all pumped up cuz I had the original pass stuff right I might just be making it all up now. xlolx

Only 69 actually, which is still quite a lot considering all of the long-ass TD plays.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Only 69 actually, which is still quite a lot considering all of the long-ass TD plays.

Ah well, I gambled and lost on that one. xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9EsUHsjJqE

veinup
October 27th, 2015, 06:16 PM
nice to watch all them TD's again xsalutexxsalutex

got a little tear in my eye