PDA

View Full Version : #7 JMU @ #13 W&M

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 26th, 2015, 06:34 PM
This is really going to be an interesting game. Conventional wisdom would suggest that JMU is in a tough spot here with Vad Lee out and with the possibility that W&M's run game is stronger than Richmond's run game. The big question to me is if W&M is good enough in the passing game to keep JMU from keeping 8 in the box to stop the run game.

I'll be interested to see what the point spread looks like when it comes out. I'd guess W&M by a few.

Considering all that's gone on with JMU in the last few days, we're going to learn just how good of a coach Everett Withers is this week.

Tribal
October 26th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Tribe favored by 2 to 3 points. No W&M fan assumes a win vs JMU but we have an honest shot if we protect the ball, run the ball with two of the best backs in the CAA, and our defense takes care of business. Our QB is efficient, rarely throws picks, and we have solid WRs and TE. We can play great or lay an egg like we did vs UD. My guess is W&M will play well as we tend to gel at home.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LeadBolt
October 27th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Given the number of times that W&M has grasped defeat from the jaws of victory vs. JMU, including last year, no one on the W&M side of the house will take this lightly. I'm thinking this game will be a barn burner, coming down to the last few possessions before the outcome is determined.

bluehenbillk
October 27th, 2015, 08:54 AM
line is W&M -4.5

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 27th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Huge game! Sucks Lee will be out though xsmhx

veinup
October 27th, 2015, 10:22 AM
how traumatized is the JMU fanbase right now? you get gameday .. you lose .. you lose vad .. be strong my friends xsmhx

hktribefan
October 27th, 2015, 11:00 AM
how traumatized is the JMU fanbase right now? you get gameday .. you lose .. you lose vad .. be strong my friends xsmhx

We're more than happy to help break in their new QB this weekend at Zable.

JMU2004
October 27th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Traumatized? Lol....no.

Disheartened? Sure.

Still a very good chance to make the playoffs. We'll have a tough game on Saturday, but it will show JMU fans a lot about how this staff/team faces adversity.

Tribal
October 27th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I have zero idea why Dukes fans don't feel like they should win every remaining regular season game. It's one player out, folks.

JMU2004
October 27th, 2015, 12:59 PM
I have zero idea why Dukes fans don't feel like they should win every remaining regular season game. It's one player out, folks.

Umm....that one player was likely the Payton award front runner. Yea, the NATIONAL MVP.

Tribal
October 27th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Umm....that one player was likely the Payton award front runner. Yea, the NATIONAL MVP.
So what? Your back-up put up 14 points in limited time. It's not basketball where one player takes you from NC contention to not making the playoffs as many Dukes fans mentioned. Here's to a healthy game.

MacThor
October 27th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Vad Lee had surgery; his college career is over.

LeadBolt
October 27th, 2015, 02:27 PM
So what? Your back-up put up 14 points in limited time. It's not basketball where one player takes you from NC contention to not making the playoffs as many Dukes fans mentioned. Here's to a healthy game.

Obviously losing Lee is hard, but seeing what your O did with the back-up in the game vs. Richmond doesn't convince me that JMU is anything but a solid team with the ability to beat anyone in FCS.

JMUNJ08
October 27th, 2015, 03:48 PM

Put Brady on the Jets/ Bills and they are Super Bowl contenders with EJ or Ryan Fitz as the NE QB and they will win 5 games MAX. In football, a QB can make a huge difference. Lee also could run and was near the top in both rushing and passing ypg for a QB. You cannot just do the 'next man up' there. That guy doesn't exist...

Shor is a different guy. The offense has to adjust to his strengths and at least has the full week to do so.

KPSUL
October 27th, 2015, 04:48 PM
What is the status of Luke Rhodes? He left the UNH game with what looked like a serious injury.

jmufan999
October 27th, 2015, 05:30 PM
i actually think the offense could be ok in general (not sure about this game, however. will be tough sledding). think we could still score a fair number of points, but it's the defense that's concerning. not sure that can be fixed in a week. really bad matchup for our D, but i think Schor will actually be ok at QB.

Tribal
October 27th, 2015, 08:01 PM
i actually think the offense could be ok in general (not sure about this game, however. will be tough sledding). think we could still score a fair number of points, but it's the defense that's concerning. not sure that can be fixed in a week. really bad matchup for our D, but i think Schor will actually be ok at QB.
Seems so. The blessing in disguise here is that your staff will have 4-8 games to evaluate him and get him ready for the next couple years.

spdram
October 27th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Schor brings a different skill set, but impressed me. Cool, calm and collected. I believe the game will be decided in the trenches, not sure either team has a great advantage over the other. I'll give the Tribe the edge since the game is in Williamsburg

wmmii
October 27th, 2015, 10:04 PM

look at what happen to 'Nova after they lost their QB JR.

wmmii
October 27th, 2015, 10:06 PM
What is the status of Luke Rhodes? He left the UNH game with what looked like a serious injury.

Strained knee, week to week status depending on rehab.

Tribal
October 27th, 2015, 10:24 PM
look at what happen to 'Nova after they lost their QB JR.
Nova was diving with JR.

Gangtackle11
October 27th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Nova was diving with JR.

Not really. He was going in for game tying TD vs. Delaware. No way Penn would have beaten Nova & I think W&M/Towson may have been different. 3 Pick 6s in W&M and Towson wouldn't happen with JR. Might not of won those 2, but they may have with JR. 3-4 is what it is.

Nova has had decent recruiting classes. They'll be back sooner than later.

NDSU Fan
October 31st, 2015, 06:37 PM
What a shootout that 4th quarter was, video game like! Congrats W&M

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2015, 06:42 PM
This game was over when JMU scored the go ahead TD too quick.....they have no defense to speak of.

Catsfan90
October 31st, 2015, 06:42 PM
Wtf was that....

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2015, 06:43 PM
Timeouts? xlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 31st, 2015, 08:15 PM
The 125th meeting between UR and the Tribe will be for the CAA Title.

Tribal
October 31st, 2015, 10:08 PM

I hope so. We both need to win a couple before our historic match-up.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 05:09 AM
^^Agreed. For you, Towson is starting to look salty and Elon is getting better. We have 2 good road tests. I still think we'll lose one of them - likely Villanova.

That said, we can absorb losses in both and still be playing the Tribe for the Title in 3 weeks.

MacThor
November 1st, 2015, 05:40 AM
That pass interference call late in the game was ridiculous. However, given how JMU was tackling W&M probably still scores.

A delay of game penalty on the first play of the final drive? How does that happen?

MacThor
November 1st, 2015, 05:54 AM

How about a 2012 style 5 way tie at 6-2?

wmmii
November 1st, 2015, 06:51 AM
That pass interference call late in the game was ridiculous. However, given how JMU was tackling W&M probably still scores.

A delay of game penalty on the first play of the final drive? How does that happen?

JMU QB looked out of sorts on the penalty trying to change the play at scrimmage and fan noise hurt him also. Snap over his head on next play was on center as the QB was not looking....JMU board says the high snaps have been an issue before...GREAT GAME

wmmii
November 1st, 2015, 07:04 AM
How about a 2012 style 5 way tie at 6-2?

Towson is playing well and they are hungry to get back to the playoffs. They play Maine next week while we play Elon. Towson lost to JMU 51-30 but since have won 3 in a row so it will be a big game and final regular season home game for Tribe!

Richmond has UNH and Nova to play and neither are playing very well now.

Hopefully we can win out to Richmond game to bring the showdown.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 1st, 2015, 07:18 AM

I believe that's called JMU'ing.

tribefan40
November 1st, 2015, 08:00 AM

Happened right in front of me - felt like that was one of the more legitimate calls of the game, if that tells you anything...

tribe_pride
November 1st, 2015, 08:19 AM
The Tribe D actually settled down after the first 2 JMU offensive possessions especially in the 2nd half.

The first 2 offensive possessions, JMU had 2 TDs plus the pick 6 to lead 21-9 (JMU had a blocked XP returned for a WM 2 point conversion and then converted a 2 point play). In those 2 possessions, Schor was 7-8 84 yards and 45 rush yards

Over the next 9 possessions, JMU had 3 TDs, 1 INT, 1 Fumble, 1 End of half, and 3 punts. Not bad against the top scoring offense in FCS.

Schor was 17-27 for 227 for the game with 1 TD and 1 INT with 15 rushes for 64 yards and 1 TD. Break that up by half:

1st half - 13-17 for 185 with 1 TD and 13 rushes for 47 yards and 1 TD
2nd half - 4-10 42 yards with 1 INT with 3 rushes for 17 yards