PDA

View Full Version : Which matchup do you want to see in the National Championship?

BrevardMountaineer03
December 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Vote...Discuss..Enjoy

My Vote...
Appalachian State vs Montana

I want to see the top 2 teams in the CS duke it out on the field. I think it would be an awesome game.

HaveFunKc
December 7th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I want to see a first in the palyoffs: the seeds winning out as picked.... That would be neat!

Not to mention - App National Champs Back-to-Back!

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I want to see a first in the palyoffs: the seeds winning out as picked.... That would be neat!

Not to mention - App National Champs Back-to-Back!

Hope it falls just short of that happening :smiley_wi

elkmcc
December 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM
By 9:00 pm tomorrow Montana will have played all 3 of the other finalists in semifinal games. They will have lost to only one of them and they will need to avenge this loss. Griz/Penguins all the way.

sdgriz24
December 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I want to see tha Griz vs. the guins.

lizrdgizrd
December 7th, 2006, 08:33 PM
You know what they say, hope in one hand, crap in the other and see which one fills up first. :cool:

penguin8797
December 7th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Vote...Discuss..Enjoy

My Vote...
Appalachian State vs Montana

I want to see the top 2 teams in the CS duke it out on the field. I think it would be an awesome game.

We will see the top 2 teams! No matter which two teams make it to the final, in our subdivision that is what defines the top two teams, no better way than a playoff!

BrevardMountaineer03
December 7th, 2006, 08:43 PM
We will! No matter which two teams make it to the final, in our subdivision that is what defines the top two teams, no better way than a playoff!

You and I will disagree about Saturday's game, but we agree that the CS is superior for having a playoff, we don't settle things on a computer or on a ballot, we settle it on the field!!:hurray: :hurray: :nod:

Go App!

griz37
December 7th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I want the Griz vs YSU for 3 reasons.

They have knocked us out the playoffs twice.

So Josh Swogger can play against some of his old friends & teammates.

I picked this matchup in Kardplayers FCS bracket pool.

penguin8797
December 7th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I want YSU/Montana too, for the Swogger connection, and because YSU has no history or connection with UMASS. Montana seems the more interesting match for YSU, and most importantly I bet their fans are party animals like us!

Gotta get there first though

December 7th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I want to see a first in the playoffs: the seeds winning out as picked...The last time the top 4 seeds made the semis the top two seeds met in the champ game... 1996.

HaveFunKc
December 7th, 2006, 09:01 PM

Hope can be a good thing... But then reality sets in. :)

HaveFunKc
December 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
The last time the top 4 seeds made the semis the top two seeds met in the champ game... 1996.

Oops... I thought #2 (Montana) won the NC that year over #1 Marshall?

crunifan
December 7th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I want Youngstown and UMass.

Grizalltheway
December 7th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Hope can be a good thing... But then reality sets in. :)

Exactly. As in "we had hoped to get by YSU but, like our fans, we just got too darn cocky and overlooked them. Oh well, there's always next year"

FlyYtown
December 7th, 2006, 10:52 PM
ytown-montana all the way.
Josh Swogger wants it too...he said so on Tuesday lol!

December 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Oops... I thought #2 (Montana) won the NC that year over #1 Marshall?SoCon beat the Big Sky...
Championship (12/21/1996):
Marshall 49, Montana 29
http://www.i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=568

Griz40
December 7th, 2006, 11:01 PM
SoCon beat the Big Sky...
Marshall 49, Montana 29
That dang Randy Moss!!!! RINGER!!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2006, 11:07 PM
App - Montana. The two best teams in the CS this year.

appman87
December 8th, 2006, 12:39 AM
ASU vs Montana in the final. Could be a great game in the making.

lizrdgizrd
December 8th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Exactly. As in "we had hoped to get by UMASS but, like our fans, we just got too darn cocky and overlooked them. Oh well, there's always next year"
There, I fixed that little error for you. :D

LacesOut
December 8th, 2006, 09:30 AM
UMass vs. YSU is what I want to see.

89Hen
December 8th, 2006, 10:04 AM
By 9:00 pm tomorrow Montana will have played all 3 of the other finalists in semifinal games. They will have lost to only one of them
:eyebrow: A little premature to making that statement, no?

Walkon79
December 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Clearly a 1 vs 2 is what I want to see, with the Griz avenging our loss.

Mountaineer#96
December 8th, 2006, 10:25 AM
ytown-montana all the way.
Josh Swogger wants it too...he said so on Tuesday lol!

He's just scared of the Mountaineer front 4 :nod:

UMass922
December 8th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I want to see my team take on the defending champs.

Of course, if they play YSU instead, I could deal.

DuckDuckGriz
December 8th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Griz vs YSU

I was there in `99 when Heppner slipped and fell on his ass during a FG to give YSU a free pass to the second round.

Tubby Raymond
December 8th, 2006, 11:46 AM
UMASS YSU redemption for the A-10

HaveFunKc
December 8th, 2006, 11:58 AM
SoCon beat the Big Sky...
Marshall 49, Montana 29

Thanks Ralph! :)

ncguitarplyr
December 8th, 2006, 12:03 PM
who deserves to go? asu/umass....who do i want to see? asu/montana because montana is more famous and would bring more excitement to the game and in many's eyes would be a bigger win for app if we did win and plus im slightly less afraid of montana

DuckDuckGriz
December 8th, 2006, 12:04 PM
who deserves to go? asu/umass....who do i want to see? asu/montana because montana is more famous and would bring more excitement to the game and in many's eyes would be a bigger win for app if we did win

So if Montana and/or YSU win why don't they "deserve to go" ? :confused:

penguin8797
December 8th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Griz vs YSU

I was there in `99 when Heppner slipped and fell on his ass during a FG to give YSU a free pass to the second round.

That was some free pass. I hope YSU gets the chance to do it again with the same result. I remember that '99 game, it was a great game to watch on TV, almost like a NC game. When did they replace the grass with the synthetic field turf?

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM
who deserves to go? asu/umass....who do i want to see? asu/montana because montana is more famous and would bring more excitement to the game and in many's eyes would be a bigger win for app if we did win and plus im slightly less afraid of montana

The east coast bias of app state fans on this site is disgusting. Come Dec. 15th, you will find out how football was meant to be played.

DinoDex200
December 8th, 2006, 12:40 PM
The east coast bias of app state fans on this site is disgusting. Come Dec. 15th, you will find out how football was meant to be played.

So, do we play it how it's not meant to be played? Please, enlighten us.

I think my fellow ASU fan had a poor choice of words, BTW. Obviously, the teams that win this weekend are the ones that deserve to be there. To think otherwise would be foolish.

I voted ASU/Monty...because I think it would be the best atmosphere, and likely lead to a sell out. Plus, it would mean I would be there! :)

On top of that, my company will be assisting in the travel arrangements for the Griz if they go...and I want my owners to be happy at our Christmas party on Saturday!

KAUMASS
December 8th, 2006, 12:45 PM
UMass vrs Appalachian-UMass shows why they have the #1 power rank in FCS.

BuckeyeGrizzlyFan
December 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Grizzlies vs. Penguins

ErkPeterson
December 8th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I don't care as long as its not App st. xlolx

Grlz
December 8th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Appalachian State vs. Montana

1 vs 2.

ncguitarplyr
December 8th, 2006, 02:13 PM
yeah definitly the teams that win deserve to go...i was using the word "deserve" as in best team...and as we all know even with a playoff system (far better than a bcs system) still sometimes the best teams don't get to the championship....but anyone who gets there deserves to which may or may not be the case with bcs

i personally think umass and app are the 2 best teams...both CAN be beaten by montana and youngstown state though...just like i don't think anyone would say the tennessee titans are better than the indianapolis colts but the colts got beaten by the titans