PDA

View Full Version : JMU's Vad Lee Out this next week.

BisonBacker
October 26th, 2015, 11:48 AM
We feel your pain.

Vad Lee will not play this week, Everett Withers said. Withers would not say what injury is or how he suffered it.

https://twitter.com/MattJones36/status/658652958737891328

Professor Chaos
October 26th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Hmmm, interesting that he's publicly ruling him out already on Monday. I wonder if that means the injury is more significant than just a garden variety ankle sprain.

BisonBacker
October 26th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Came from their beat writer so I'm giving it more credence. Hope for him it's not serious and he can come back. Sucks to lose talent like that.

JMUNJ08
October 26th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Really rough that its a definite OUT for Saturday. W&M was going to be tough with him. Not ruling it a Loss automatically by any means but truly a fight now.

As for the quick trigger, JMU has its bye week right after. the other thought can be, with Delaware & Nova left, those are winnable games. 9-2 and a healthy Vad Lee sounds appealing to me a lot more than if he remains hobbled trying to play through it...

MacThor
October 26th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Well, JMU did score TDs on both of Schor's drives (the one he finished and the one he started).

centennial
October 26th, 2015, 12:29 PM
If the sprain is worth 1 week of no play, it should take at least 2-3 weeks to heal(I'm a sprain veteran from HS). I would try to save Vad for the playoffs vs risk re-injury.

veinup
October 26th, 2015, 12:36 PM
JMU Sports Blog says:

"Nothing has been confirmed as of this writing (Sunday 10 p.m.), but word is his college career is likely over after suffering a serious foot/ankle injury in the second half (though he appeared to be limping even before the play where he really went down."

Professor Chaos
October 26th, 2015, 12:47 PM
JMU Sports Blog says:

"Nothing has been confirmed as of this writing (Sunday 10 p.m.), but word is his college career is likely over after suffering a serious foot/ankle injury in the second half (though he appeared to be limping even before the play where he really went down."
Wow, that's awful to hear. What a horrible year for injuries to top flight FCS QBs.

The coaches/fans from teams like Chatty, Montana St, and EWU may want to start practicing voodoo.

paward
October 26th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Lee has been a man about everything thus far. I am sure leaving Ga Tech was hard. He made the best of his opportunities by extending his career at JMU. He will face this just as he has other obstacles. I pray for complete healing physically and emotionally.

centennial
October 26th, 2015, 01:05 PM
JMU Sports Blog says:

That sucks.

RootinFerDukes
October 26th, 2015, 01:44 PM
The rumor is it's a season ending injury, but EW doesn't like to publicly comment on injuries. The backup QB Schor came in and scored two TDs. EW didn't bother to try to get the football back to give him a third drive and potential score. Terribly coached game.