PDA

View Full Version : Injuries that have changed your teams season?

clawman
October 26th, 2015, 08:40 AM
By this point in the season every team has had injuries but how many have actually changed the course of your season?

BEAR
October 26th, 2015, 08:43 AM
UCA went from passing 40+ times a game to running 50+ times a game. In the game against McNeese a pass game would have helped as the Cowboys kept our run game in check. But that's what happens when your first and second string QBs are out or injured to the point they can't throw it up field without significant pain. Makes you one dimensional. Sucks and may be the difference in who wins the conference title this year.

4211LBLS
October 26th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Lafayette started the year with 89 players in uniform. Now at 53 and some of those are sons of rich alumni that will never play. No scout team. They use trainers and interns to stand in at practice. Have not been able to hit in practice for weeks. Never seen anything like it.

eiu1999
October 26th, 2015, 09:03 AM
No major injuries for EIU

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2015, 09:03 AM
UNI lost our good QB. :D

Bam
October 26th, 2015, 01:45 PM
EKU---D. Mobley has been banged up all year (hammy) and was ill last week v TSU. A true Freshman is trying to fill those shoes!

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2015, 01:48 PM
John Robertson QB

'Nuff said.

McNeese72
October 26th, 2015, 02:17 PM
By this point in the season every team has had injuries but how many have actually changed the course of your season?

See the McNeese 2013 and 2014 seasons. Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt.

Doc

Nickels
October 26th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Biggest one for SHSU is kicker Luc Swimberghe. He was one of the best in the FCS until he tore his ACL in practice last week.
We also lost starting DE Mouf Adebo to a torn achilles in the first game.

Our starting RB Donovan Williams left the team with a bruised vagina last week, fortunately we're very deep at RB.

We have a few other guys beat up but we don't know their status. Our AD is good at hiding ****.

but no, the losses shouldn't change our season. We're deep enough to be ok. Losing a good starting kicker really sucks though. You need that range come playoff time.

McNeese72
October 26th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Biggest one for SHSU is kicker Luc Swimberghe. He was one of the best in the FCS until he tore his ACL in practice last week.
We also lost starting DE Mouf Adebo to a torn achilles in the first game.

Our starting RB Donovan Williams left the team with a bruised vagina last week, fortunately we're very deep at RB.

We have a few other guys beat up but we don't know their status. Our AD is good at hiding ****.

but no, the losses shouldn't change our season. We're deep enough to be ok. Losing a good starting kicker really sucks though. You need that range come playoff time.

It hasn't been too bad here relatively speaking in comparison to 2013 and 2014.

We have lost two runningbacks for the year (one before the season), two offensive lineman for the year (one before the seaon), and we lost a defensive end for the year before the season. Far as I know those were the only season ending ones. We had one of our top Wr's sit last game. I heard it was concussion related. And our second string QB is wearing a boot during the week.

That's it for major stuff as far as I know.

'

Dignan
October 26th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Lemme get back to you on this in a few weeks.

Red & Black
October 26th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Depends on the position, really. We were missing at least 7 starters in the UNI game, and it was very apparent...and have been riddled with injuries since. At this point I wouldn't say it's cost us any games (save maybe UNI) as we've been able to figure things out, but there have been a few games where I think lack of depth in certain areas has definitely made the outcomes a lot closer than they should have been. Not a knock on UNC or Sac State, and I am sure they have injuries as well like any other team, but I think with even a moderately healthy team those scores would not be close.

uofmman1122
October 26th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Uuhhhhhh

We're on our third string QB, have lost three RBs, lost our potential all conference center before the season, and are down several players in the secondary.

It's been a rough season in terms of injuries, but the last game against UND hopefully got us back on track.

KPSUL
October 26th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I'd say starting QB Sean Goldrich except that the only games we've won are the one he got injured at, and the only two he didn't play at all!

mmiller_34
October 26th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Lujan going down changed the look and feel of SDSU's season.

NSF
October 26th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Underwood (LB) missing 4 games, and Sewall (S) missing all but the opener and 1 play in the 2nd game have hurt Indiana State's defense. These were both preseason All MVFC and potential AA guys that are the teams best players. Also lost a starting LB and the 2nd RB for the season.

SeattleGriz
October 26th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Uuhhhhhh

We're on our third string QB, have lost three RBs, lost our potential all conference center before the season, and are down several players in the secondary.

It's been a rough season in terms of injuries, but the last game against UND hopefully got us back on track.
Hard to tell with Montana as this is the new coach's first year. Maybe things have changed, maybe they haven't. I will say it has been cool to watch Stitt adjust the offense.

Grizalltheway
October 26th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Hard to tell with Montana as this is the new coach's first year. Maybe things have changed, maybe they haven't. I will say it has been cool to watch Stitt adjust the offense.

Agree, which is why I find it funny that some people think he's too stubborn and full of himself. We've already seen a ton of different looks based on who's been at the helm and what the defense is showing.

jacksfan29
October 26th, 2015, 06:08 PM
It also seems to have confused our coaching staff.

Lujan going down changed the look and feel of SDSU's season.

IBleedYellow
October 26th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Wentz.

Yeah, probably.

veinup
October 26th, 2015, 06:17 PM
i'd say that having had 3 different QBs start at Montana this season has hampered the ability of any of them to truly be in sync with our receivers.