PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina 56 Samford 36

catamount man
October 24th, 2015, 06:03 PM
First win over Samford since 1969!!! On our way to Nooga! GO CATS!!!

Milktruck74
October 24th, 2015, 06:15 PM
We will be happy to host you....we may even LET you score this year!!!

catamount man
October 24th, 2015, 06:16 PM
We will be happy to host you....we may even LET you score this year!!! LOL! Looking forward to next week. GO CATS!

Milktruck74
October 24th, 2015, 06:21 PM
I hope with the Offensive performances of the last two weeks, you will see a very different team this coming Saturday. I have a feeling the fellas on that side of the ball are going to get a unique brand of motivation this week.....from the size 11 shoe Russ plants squarely in their butts!!!!!

AshevilleApp2
October 24th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Great win Cats!

catamount man
October 24th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Great win Cats!

Thanks friend! And let me say that App's move to I-A is definitely paying off. You guys are good. GO CATS!

kdinva
October 24th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Samford a bit fat-headed after the VMI game?

EKU Toss Sweep
October 24th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Great win for the Cats!

citdog
October 25th, 2015, 12:05 AM
Nobody feels the need to start a thread every time The Citadel wins a football game and we do it FAR more frequently than Western Carolina. Was there a thread when we whipped your ass in September I forget? Did you tickle the yosef's nutsack while you were blowing him a few posts back? **** those assholes and BEAT CHATTANOOGA! GO CATS!

catamount man
October 25th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Did anybody order an ***hole from room service?

tenNesseeCat
October 25th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Maybe we have a little more excitement built up since we come on here and crow a little vs the cadet dutch rudder circle jerk service.
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/cdn/gb/arenas/teams/10/195/800/logo20480187521274292806.png

SU DOG
October 25th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Samford a bit fat-headed after the VMI game?

Cobb's off-day throwing 4 picks really hurt VMI. No, I wish our problem was that simple. Samford is a talented team in complete disarray, that could actually lose the rest of their conference games. I've never seen a team tank this fast with as many talented players as we have. No disrespect intended towards Western Carolina. CONGRATS on getting that well deserved win. What is perplexing is Samford giving up that many points in the last 2 games, and seeing this unbelievable waste of talent.

OL FU
October 25th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Cobb's off-day throwing 4 picks really hurt VMI. No, I wish our problem was that simple. Samford is a talented team in complete disarray, that could actually lose the rest of their conference games. I've never seen a team tank this fast with as many talented players as we have. No disrespect intended towards Western Carolina. CONGRATS on getting that well deserved win. What is perplexing is Samford giving up that many points in the last 2 games, and seeing this unbelievable waste of talent.

I agree with PaladinFan. Should be interesting to see no defense against no offense next weekxembarrassedx

tenNesseeCat
October 25th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I've always thought of Samford as a big and tough team, but they didn't look it yesterday. I had a feeling the Hatch attack would hit some bumps in the road, but I didn't think it would blow a tire and hit the guardrail!!! This isn't intended as a dig. I'm more than stoked we won, but it was a bit alarming. It looked like a chemistry thing to me. I thought Hodges looked pretty good. He had really good stats, but something smells bad here. We could have had a couple more picks on him though. He can put some mustard on it too!

SU DOG
October 25th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Hit the guardrail, turn over, and lay upside down with wheels spinning.

catamount man
October 25th, 2015, 11:44 AM

You guys are still a talented team. I'm just glad we were able to break the long streak against you guys. Good luck the rest of 2015. GO CATS!

ElCid
October 25th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Hit the guardrail, turn over, and lay upside down with wheels spinning.

I am curious, how many players are transfers at Samford? I ask this because I think there is something to be said for the chemistry of a team grown over time. I think Samford has some great athletes, but if they have not grown together, they are not greater than the sum of their parts, and they may be less. I am not saying this is true, but could be a problem. We have a built in barrier at The Citadel to prevent transfers as no Junior would want Sophomores in their face. While we may get the occasionally grad student it is a bit alien. It may not be a factor at many schools, but maybe. It may also depend on the number of transfers and what year they transfer as well. Not sure anyone has looked at this closely to see if it has an impact.

BullDog85
October 25th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Last time I heard they have something like 15 FBS transfers, 7 or 8 of them starters. Not sure that's their problem. I think Hatcher is their problem. Two costly onside kicks that WC smoked out and turned to their favor.

BEAR
October 25th, 2015, 01:46 PM
What happened to Samford? They played so well against us the first game of the year. Kinda makes me wonder if we just had a horrible game that game or if the SLC is down and we are beating up on each other. Strange.

SU DOG
October 25th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Transfers are NOT the problem. No transfers are taken that have had character problems, or that cannot pass the entrance requirements. We have a few more than usual because of UAB, as 4 Blazer xfers played significant roles yesterday. One or two of these actually beat out a returning starter at that position. Sure, the loss of Tartt was a blow, but the defense that held Auburn to their lowest home field production last season is otherwise basically intact. IMO, we are getting worse - not better. Chemistry Problem? Absolutely YES. I'm not sure if that is a problem with just the players. I wonder if coaches are having trouble chemistry wise, although I have no inside info. I have heard, however, that practices have been far easier and full pads haven't been seen since the 3rd week of August. We had a total of 2 practices during our off week. Coach Billy D is still our DC, but something is VERY wrong with the way this team is functioning.

ElCid
October 25th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Transfers are NOT the problem. No transfers are taken that have had character problems, or that cannot pass the entrance requirements. We have a few more than usual because of UAB, as 4 Blazer xfers played significant roles yesterday. One or two of these actually beat out a returning starter at that position. Sure, the loss of Tartt was a blow, but the defense that held Auburn to their lowest home field production last season is otherwise basically intact. IMO, we are getting worse - not better. Chemistry Problem? Absolutely YES. I'm not sure if that is a problem with just the players. I wonder if coaches are having trouble chemistry wise, although I have no inside info. I have heard, however, that practices have been far easier and full pads haven't been seen since the 3rd week of August. We had a total of 2 practices during our off week. Coach Billy D is still our DC, but something is VERY wrong with the way this team is functioning.

When I read your reply I am not sure you understood what I was tying to say. My bad, let em try and rephrase. Even if you had the best players who were of impeccable character and perfect scholastic ability, how hard is it to gel when you have never played together or for any length of time. And I am not talking about 1 or 2 players but what if a team has 1/4 or 1/3 of the starters who have only played together for the first time this year. The timing, the minds being one, the camaraderie may all be off. The fact that transfers have beaten out returning starters may also not be good overall as well depending on one's character and team spirit. Even if you have great athletes, I would think this may have an impact. Just wondering out loud. Like I said, not sure anyone has looked at this closely. But you were right in pointing to the coaches, no matter what the problem, it ultimately rests on them.

SU DOG
October 25th, 2015, 07:30 PM
I understood exactly what you meant, and you are right that in some cases that could be an issue, but not here. I am saying that chemistry hasn't been hurt ONE iota by transfers. Of our 22 starters, only ONE OL is new to our team this year, and even he went thru the spring at Samford. For the most part, our players have been together far longer than most of our opponent's players have. Defensive Example - 3 starters return at LB, 2 returning CBs are 5th year players, 2 safeties are third year players, and all 4 DL have been at Samford for at least 2 years. I won't bore you with typing the similar situation on the offensive side. The experience of our team was one of the key factors that had me pumped going into this fall.

BullDog85
October 25th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Anytime there is a change at the top in an organization, especially one that was appearantly being successful doing what they were doing before the change, disenchantment can occur and cohesion will suffer. The old goals are thrown out and the new leader imposes his will and his goals, but "buy in" may take awhile or it may never happen. That is what I suspect has happened at SU. So glad it's SU's problem and not ours!

The Eagle's Cliff
October 26th, 2015, 06:58 AM

I like Chris Hatcher very much as a person and was a fan when he was at Valdosta State. His practices are ridiculously easy and when he was at Southern, defenders were not allowed to go for the ball in practice. His defenses were horrendous. I think Chris would've been better off taking one one of the OC jobs he's been offered and learn how to be a complete HC from a more seasoned professional. He became a HC at a very young age and he doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes. The S&C also took a nose dive while he was at Southern.

Catamount87
October 26th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Nobody feels the need to start a thread every time The Citadel wins a football game and we do it FAR more frequently than Western Carolina. Was there a thread when we whipped your ass in September I forget? Did you tickle the yosef's nutsack while you were blowing him a few posts back? **** those assholes and BEAT CHATTANOOGA! GO CATS!

We now know which cadet flunked the class on Respect, Character and Honor.

citdog
October 26th, 2015, 11:24 AM
We now know which cadet flunked the class on Respect,
Character and Honor.

So sensitive! Hope y'all can whip Chatty. If you do I'll even strt the celebratory thread.

Catamount87
October 26th, 2015, 02:21 PM
So sensitive! Hope y'all can whip Chatty. If you do I'll even strt the celebratory thread.

Sensitive, nope. I was just busting your chops there in jest.