PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 7 - 2015 edition

bonarae
October 24th, 2015, 05:35 PM
The race for the title is still on between Harvard and Dartmouth. It will be settled this Friday.

Dartmouth at Harvard - tough game to call, but the Crimson are better.
Penn at Brown
Columbia at Yale - Elis are going to bounce back, but don't count the Lions out.
Cornell at Princeton

Go Green
October 24th, 2015, 07:29 PM
I think it's safe to say that Dartmouth will not win on Friday if we get 159 yards of penalties again.

Ivytalk
October 25th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Harvard by a touchdown over Dartmouth
Penn in minor road upset over Brown
Yale
Princeton

bulldog10jw
October 25th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Harvard - Can't go against H in a big game
Brown - but a Penn win would not be a shock
Yale - but a Columbia win would not be a shock. At least if the Yale team that showed up Friday at Penn shows up at the Bowl Saturday
Princeton

World
October 25th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Harvard
Brown
Yale
Princeton

KPSUL
October 25th, 2015, 09:57 PM
The race for the title is still on between Harvard and Dartmouth. It will be settled this Friday.

Is Dartmouth @ Harvard on TV?

KPSUL
October 25th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I think it's safe to say that Dartmouth will not win on Friday if we get 159 yards of penalties again.

159 penalty yards? That is a LOT. Are there special rules that apply only when you play Columbia? I thought Ivy League boys were better behaved than that!

bonarae
October 25th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Is Dartmouth @ Harvard on TV?

NBC Sports Network.

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2015, 02:14 PM
5Dimes has Harvard -7.5 with an O/U of 46. I'm looking for a 24-17 type of game. With those two defenses, I'd be surprised if either team reaches 30 points, and I'm inclined to take the under.

Go Green
October 28th, 2015, 05:28 PM
159 penalty yards? That is a LOT. Are there special rules that apply only when you play Columbia? I thought Ivy League boys were better behaved than that!

Columbia flopped a lot.

http://i.imgur.com/jZERsJ2.gifv

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Columbia flopped a lot.

That was a pretty bad dive, GG. And not a one-off, I assume?

Go Green
October 28th, 2015, 07:43 PM
That was a pretty bad dive, GG. And not a one-off, I assume?

Coach Teevens said that a lot of our penalties were instances where we retaliated to Columbia's instigations and the refs only saw us. He complained about several penalties to the league office that were unwarranted. The above link was Exhibit A.

But back to the original point, we got to walk away from the other team's bull**** and play smart football if we want to win on Friday. I'll be the first to admit that.

Ivytalk
October 29th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Uh-oh: 5Dimes is now calling Harvard -8. The late money is pouring in for the Crimson!xsmiley_wix

KPSUL
October 29th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Columbia flopped a lot.

I must have watched it a dozen times looking for a sneaky forearm or elbow, but nothing. Maybe that Columbia lineman has epilepsy?

eiu1999
October 29th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Harvard
Penn
Yale
Princeton

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Uh-oh: 5Dimes is now calling Harvard -8. The late money is pouring in for the Crimson!xsmiley_wix

Harvard is easily the public play here. Only sharp $ would move the line in Dartmouth's favor.

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Gameday, y'all!xnodx

Tonight's Harvard weather forecast: clear and cold, lows in mid-30s.

Ivytalk's forecast: Harvard wins a hard-fought, intense contest, 24-17, before a crowd of 20K+.xthumbsupx

bulldog10jw
October 30th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Gameday, y'all!xnodx

Tonight's Harvard weather forecast: clear and cold, lows in mid-30s.

Isn't that always the forecast for games in the Stadium in November. Except that you can usually add windy.

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Isn't that always the forecast for games in the Stadium in November. Except that you can usually add windy.

Supposed to be a calm breeze tonight, bulldog. Wasn't it the 2002 Game where the winds were so bad that all the points were scored in the same end zone of Harvard Stadium?

bulldog10jw
October 30th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Supposed to be a calm breeze tonight, bulldog. Wasn't it the 2002 Game where the winds were so bad that all the points were scored in the same end zone of Harvard Stadium?

I think so, but still nothing like the Ice Bowl game of '87 in the Bowl. Harvard's winning drive was less than 20 yards because Yale had to punt from their own end zone into the wind. Still, it is usually the Stadium where the wind is a factor.

And I do know it is still October, but close enough.

bonarae
October 31st, 2015, 10:47 PM
FINAL SCORES:
Harvard 14, Dartmouth 13 - did the Big Green choke?
Penn 48, Brown 28
Columbia 17, Yale 7 - is Columbia one of the most improved FCS teams nationally this year?
Princeton 47, Cornell 21

Go Green
October 31st, 2015, 10:52 PM
FINAL SCORES:
Columbia 17, Yale 7 - is Columbia one of the most improved FCS teams nationally this year?

Hopefully they confirm it next Saturday!

CHIP72
November 1st, 2015, 08:40 AM
That was an excellent win for Penn over Brown yesterday. The Bears have been a pretty good team this season, and I didn't think the Quakers would be able to go on the road and beat Brown, especially after surprising Yale the week before. (It appears the Bulldogs either were down after their loss to Penn or are not as good as people expected after falling to Columbia; it's good to see Al Bagnoli making a positive impact in upper Manhattan in his first year.) Not only did Penn win, but they whipped Brown pretty badly. The Quakers have another tough one with Princeton at home next week (a game I plan to attend), but a second place Ivy finish and with some luck even an Ivy League co-championship is still in play.