PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 9

carney2
October 24th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Now that we’ve pretty well determined first and worst, let’s get on with sorting out the middle.

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
Bryant @ HOLY CROSS
FORDHAM @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

Game of the Week: Georgetown @ Lehigh – Who is mistaken, the folks not yet on the Hoya bandwagon or the Brownies who think the corner has been turned?

bonarae
October 24th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Lehigh - close, but no cigar.
Bryant - toss-up
Fordham
Bucknell

crusader11
October 24th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Holy ***** Lafayette is atrocious.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2015, 06:49 PM
See, weren't kidding when we called your fans out for saying we would score 17 and lose by 14.

ngineer
October 24th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I will take the Crusaders over Anita Bryant--"orange" you glad? 35-21

The Edmonds Rams will slice and dice the Raiders, 38-17.

Bucknell has not much offense, but still more than the Leotards, who are showing us the gap. Bison 27-3

Lehigh-Georgetown hard to pick until we know more about Shafnisky injury. Reported to be a hip pointer. The lack of his running threat really hurt the offense coming out in the second half against Fordham. Changed complexion of the game. LU's defense actually played very well at times. Half of Edmonds' yardage came on three plays. Defense was able to really make him work for his yards most of the game, but he can explode at any time. Hoyas don't have that threat and I think, despite the loss, the team will see the Fordham game as one where they battled back and put themselves in a position to still tie the game with 5 minutes remaining. Back in Good man after three weeks, Mountain Hawks get back on track 31-21.

carney2
October 25th, 2015, 08:19 AM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH - I want to pick the Hoyas, but can't get past that no scholarships, institution not really trying thing.

Bryant @ HOLY CROSS - I've never seen Bryant. I have seen Pujals.

FORDHAM @ COLGATE - Just slapping aside the mediocre also-rans one by one.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE - The winner is a given. The only suspense is whether the home team can score.

Pards Rule
October 25th, 2015, 08:24 AM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH - I want to pick the Hoyas, but can't get past that no scholarships, institution not really trying thing.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE - The winner is a given. The only suspense is whether the home team can score.

I saw Bryant at Monmouth Oct 3 and I saw Pujals yesterday on the stream. Pujals over the Bryant Bulldogs, the pride of Smithfield, Rhode Island.

kdinva
October 25th, 2015, 09:19 AM
GEORGETOWN 21 @ LEHIGH 27
Bryant 20 @ HOLY CROSS 27
FORDHAM 34 @ COLGATE 21
BUCKNELL 28 @ LAFAYETTE 13

Pard4Life
October 25th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Bucknell has not much offense, but still more than the Leotards, who are showing us the gap. Bison 27-3

Your opinion is misguided... you are wrongly assuming that we can kick... *excuse me*... block for FG attempts (our kicker is just fine and probably the best offensive player on the team, including the QB). Frank has not attempted a FG following our fourth consecutive blocked FG, at Georgetown, on October 10.

carney2
October 25th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Someone on the Lafayette board has calculated that the Pards have not scored in 160 minutes and 55 seconds. The VMI guy who predicts that they will score 13 this week got into some bad weed. Anything above zero is not a solid prediction.

On the plus side, Frank says that players will be returning - most for the last two games. That does not include this week vs. Bucknell. He then went on to point out that most have been out for a long time and are not used to game conditions. In addition, word is that Frank has stopped coaching, the kids resent it, and there is some question if they'll actually "play" just because they have their football suit on.

In short, it's a bigger freakin' mess than most of you realize.

Ivytalk
October 25th, 2015, 02:42 PM

+1

HC always seems to come up with a good QB.

DFW HOYA
October 25th, 2015, 04:27 PM

I have to dispute this. They are trying, not just in the direction the PL-6 would have wanted.

Three factors in play;

1. Excepting Villanova, nearly all of Georgetown's athletic peers now play football in the Atlantic Coast Conference. While there are some at GU who would like to quadruple-down on reestablishing the ACC in the DC market and commit to a I-A ramp-up, Georgetown president Jack DeGioia sees that as a huge financial risk, given how narrow the basketball fan base is, and how long it took the university to dig itself out of deficits in the hospital that topped $300 million over 10 years.

2. Excepting Duke and Virginia, nearly all of Georgetown's academic peers play in the Ivy League. The Ivies sent a not-so-subtle message that it would heartily schedule teams like Georgetown if it held fast to the Ivy academic/athletic model in football, with or without the Patriot League. Competing against Harvard and Princeton assuages any institutional concern that admissions are at risk with football, or to others, that basketball's place on campus is not going to be challenged.

3. Given #1 and #2, there is no institutional interest to keep up with the Fordhams, in that the PL schools are neither athletic peers along the lines of the Big East/ACC, nor academic peers along the likes of the Ivy. Spending $6 million a year and still finising last in the PL due to its league-high AI score is a non-starter. If 40,000 people every Saturday were beating down the temporary fences at Cooper Field to watch the Lafayette game, this is a different discussion, but as long as the fan base never gets interested in the PL and the league allows GU to play outside the scholarship guidelines adopted by the other six, it has no inherent need to change...and at 4-4, is looking better than everyone would have expected against 45-60 scholarship schools.

I'd like things to be better on each of these fronts, but that will take time. And money.

carney2
October 25th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I have to dispute this.

I am stunned.

BucBisonAtLarge
October 25th, 2015, 07:00 PM
This is not my finest year of selections.
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell
Holy Cross

Hey, DFW... Thanks for the poignant rendering of the unique challenges of being Georgetown. Glad the Hoyas slum about in the PL. We all feel a little classier.

Bill
October 25th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Hey, DFW... Thanks for the poignant rendering of the unique challenges of being Georgetown. Glad the Hoyas slum about in the PL. We all feel a little classier.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21533&stc=1

DFW HOYA
October 25th, 2015, 08:21 PM

That's the nature of associate membership. Either a school is auditioning for a full-time spot or, the case of Fordham and Georgetown, taking advantage of a safe harbor. That's not a knock against the other schools.

Sader87
October 25th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Not having D1 football at Georgetown in the 1950s-2000 is what hurts GTown imo....no institutional memory of football being part of their college experience.

jimbo65
October 26th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Fordham
Bucknell

Gangtackle11
October 26th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Fordham
Bucknell

Last week: 2-1 Season: 34-9

carney2
October 26th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Dueling rumors at Lafayette:

1. Frank Tavani will resign at the end of the season. (Some on the Lafayette board are already beating the drum to hire former DC John Loose as the new coach, as if chat room opinions will be given serious consideration.)

2. Tavani will not leave with this disaster 2015 season as the final entry in his coaching record.

I agree that it's time for a change on College Hill, but it will happen or it won't. People with any knowledge of the situation understand that it will be Tavani's decision. He may be advised or he may be nudged, but he won't be fired. Some however have begun a serious hatchet job on him for reasons that have little to do with 2015 or the six year losing streak. That is over the top. He has devoted almost half his life to Lafayette and has been part of some marvelous moments. He deserves better than a total trashing that steps over the line from professional to personal.

4211LBLS
October 26th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Someone on the Lafayette board has calculated that the Pards have not scored in 160 minutes and 55 seconds. The VMI guy who predicts that they will score 13 this week got into some bad weed. Anything above zero is not a solid prediction.

On the plus side, Frank says that players will be returning - most for the last two games. That does not include this week vs. Bucknell. He then went on to point out that most have been out for a long time and are not used to game conditions. In addition, word is that Frank has stopped coaching, the kids resent it, and there is some question if they'll actually "play" just because they have their football suit on.

In short, it's a bigger freakin' mess than most of you realize.

It is a mess. Under 50 players now that will actually play. Have to use interns and trainers for a scout team. Its to the point now that we are out of players. This season has brought all the issues to the forefront. The 150 win and a conference title the year before masked over some things. Starting to get a little ugly around there. Total implosion.

Personally I do not expect a coaching change this year. That is 100% guess. This is not the way FT wants to go out and he has a year left on his contract. I doubt he leaves that money on the table. No way the BOT fires him and picks up the cost of the contract. if he leaves this year it will be his call. As to those rumors about Loose, he is a good coach but would be surprised if her got the nod.

PAllen
October 26th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Not having D1 football at Georgetown in the 1950s-2000 is what hurts GTown imo....no institutional memory of football being part of their college experience.

Over inflated sense of self importance is what hurts Georgetown. They are a good school, a step above UVa and a large step behind Harvard. They continue to hang on to memories of basketball success and believe that everyone should follow their example in everything. That includes completely ignoring their football program.

Go...gate
October 26th, 2015, 10:38 AM
It is a mess. Under 50 players now that will actually play. Have to use interns and trainers for a scout team. Its to the point now that we are out of players. This season has brought all the issues to the forefront. The 150 win and a conference title the year before masked over some things. Starting to get a little ugly around there. Total implosion.

Personally I do not expect a coaching change this year. That is 100% guess. This is not the way FT wants to go out and he has a year left on his contract. I doubt he leaves that money on the table. No way the BOT fires him and picks up the cost of the contract. if he leaves this year it will be his call. As to those rumors about Loose, he is a good coach but would be surprised if her got the nod.

It would not be unprecedented in the Patriot League. Colgate bought out the last year (possibly two, as I believe it was a five-year deal) of Ed Sweeney's contract at the end of the 1995 season. Sometimes things get so bad, and the outcry so great, that there is no alternative.

KillaBee
October 26th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I have been away deciding the out come of this weeks win.. I've been in deep study on this one. I have now completed my in-depth analysis of this weeks Lafayette Vs. Bucknell game.

and the Leopards will win!!!! I'm factoring in injuries, youth, inexperience, effort and schedule into my outcome and I feel the final score will be... a win by 22 pts.

To my defense I missed last week because i wasn't sure of the final score of the Holy Cross game so I used my 1 time deffer.. so I am still 1 - 0 on the year...

I know all of you that have bet your house in the past, now have hotels on these monopoly Patriot League games... and are happy to follow my professional advice.

I am sorry for last week, for not giving you advice on the leopard game, but you still have 3 more accredited predictions.

Looking forward to you betting your house...

Just when you thought it could get better.. IT DOES!!!! Bet your house on it.. THE LEOPARDS WILL WIN BY 22.......

Lehigh Football Nation
October 26th, 2015, 11:18 AM
My only suggestion with the Lafayette/Bucknell game is take the under.

Bill
October 26th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Went 2-1 last week...now at 30-13 overall.

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH - Hoya paranoia? Yes, I'm now officially on the bandwagon. Maybe another track meet....and with Lehigh's D (I think fordham just scored again), hard not to like the over. G'Town, 42-31.
Bryant @ HOLY CROSS - Still waiting to hear this is a must win game for Gilmore from Sader :) Jesuits, 32-28
FORDHAM @ COLGATE - Speaking of Jesuits, I'll take Edmunds and those other 10 guys. Is there snow forecast in Hamilton this weekend? If not, Rams, 48-22.
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE - The sky is apparently falling near Easton, PA. Bucknell, 23-6.

carney2
October 26th, 2015, 01:08 PM
My only suggestion with the Lafayette/Bucknell game is take the under.

Yeah, pretty certain that Bucky doesn't have the horses to drop another 42 on the hapless, hopeless Pards. On the other side of the ball it would take a defensive miracle or a monumental Bucky blunder to get a maroon shirt across the goal line.

Still, I'm thinking the Pards find a way to score this week. Wouldn't put money on it, but three shutouts in a row not only requires a lack of skill and effort, it also requires a lot of bad luck.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2015, 01:33 PM
You have to think we will get one vs Bucknell. We moved the ball somewhat vs HC.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2015, 01:35 PM
It's scary: had Fordham not gotten cute on the kickoff, we would have been shutout.

crusader11
October 26th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Where does this Lafayette team rank in worst PL teams of all time?

I have to imagine that some of Bucknell's and Georgetown's teams of the past 10-15 years would be in this discussion, along with Holy Cross' final season with Dan Allen at the helm. Fordham was also really bad in the 90s.

Southsider
October 26th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Where does this Lafayette team rank in worst PL teams of all time?

I have to imagine that some of Bucknell's and Georgetown's teams of the past 10-15 years would be in this discussion, along with Holy Cross' final season with Dan Allen at the helm. Fordham was also really bad in the 90s.

Yes, Pards are having a tough time. But, what has happened there with the injuries is probably unprecedented. I just don't think it is fair to include this years team in this discussion.

RichH2
October 26th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Yes, Pards are having a tough time. But, what has happened there with the injuries is probably unprecedented. I just don't think it is fair to include this years team in this discussion.
+1

Gate83
October 26th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Gate went 0-11 in '95 and was outscored 367-135 while the administration of that era tried to kill the program. Fortunately there was enough of an uproar that we fired the coach, hired Biddle, turned things around. Hoping for a similar outcome for the Pards!

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Gate went 0-11 in '95 and was outscored 367-135 while the administration of that era tried to kill the program. Fortunately there was enough of an uproar that we fired the coach, hired Biddle, turned things around. Hoping for a similar outcome for the Pards!
One of Harvard's two 1995 wins was at Colgate. My son and I were there!

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2015, 08:36 PM

1. Frank Tavani will resign at the end of the season. (Some on the Lafayette board are already beating the drum to hire former DC John Loose as the new coach, as if chat room opinions will be given serious consideration.)

2. Tavani will not leave with this disaster 2015 season as the final entry in his coaching record.

I agree that it's time for a change on College Hill, but it will happen or it won't. People with any knowledge of the situation understand that it will be Tavani's decision. He may be advised or he may be nudged, but he won't be fired. Some however have begun a serious hatchet job on him for reasons that have little to do with 2015 or the six year losing streak. That is over the top. He has devoted almost half his life to Lafayette and has been part of some marvelous moments. He deserves better than a total trashing that steps over the line from professional to personal.

Yeah it has gotten really rough over there. So rough even c2 has said it's over the line!

One guy is ready have us vote for John Loose on Novemebr 3... I think...

Bring back Bogie and the Frankosaurus... that was more fun to read. Things got son serious I didn't even bother starting a debate on whether he should caricature Bruce as a fat walrus or a squirrel (who happens to find a nut, er, title every so often).

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I am stunned.

HA! That had me laughing. Poor DFW. I imagine him as Charlie Brown at Lucy's psychiatrist booth.

ngineer
October 26th, 2015, 10:46 PM

It's a shame that people go to such extremes. We have some similar idiots on the Lehigh Forum who are "all knowing" and don't think twice about trashing someone, including the kids, thinking they are some great 'talking head' as seen on ESPN, etc. They have no concept of what the PL programs face when exposing them to the same kind of expectations "fans" do at the factory schools.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2015, 11:08 PM
It's a shame that people go to such extremes. We have some similar idiots on the Lehigh Forum who are "all knowing" and don't think twice about trashing someone, including the kids, thinking they are some great 'talking head' as seen on ESPN, etc. They have no concept of what the PL programs face when exposing them to the same kind of expectations "fans" do at the factory schools.

There are certainly some that take it a bit too far. I try not to post too much on the Lehigh board as a non-LU person because of the "personnel" nature of the board.

With that said, this is D1 athletics. PL football has been and can be a very good brand of football within FCS. Lehigh can, and should have a presence in the Top 25 on a fairly consistent basis. There will be always be down years but the pieces are there for a program that wins far more than it loses.

The PL has some good sports. LAX has become relevant nationally. Even basketball has become a solid mid-major imo. The belief now is that that the best PL team should be able to hold their own in the OOC and compete in the tournament. Holy Cross was able to turn that tide in the early 2000's. Bucknell took it to the next level. Now it's time for it to happen in football.

Colgate's run in 2003 is really starting to get small in the review mirror. Lehigh had a legit chance in 2011 but running into NDSU in the quarters didn't help. Neither did losing Spadola. Fordham's best chance was two years ago imo. In a year like this there's no excuse for the PL not to have a legit at-large candidate in 24 team playoff pool. The league has to get better. If nothing else, get back to beating those football factories in the Ivy League xnodx

Go...gate
October 26th, 2015, 11:40 PM

The darkest hour of Colgate Football.

RichH2
October 27th, 2015, 12:17 AM
+1
15 reminded me wrestle offs on PLN. Thank God.
Stopped over to Pard board to see what carney was talking about. They have taken venting to new heights. A very unfortunate year for players and fans. It appears Pards may only be anle to dress around 50 or a few less.
One might say most over there are not taking it well and it goes on for pages. Guess they have had enough after 6 bad years and little prospect of LC doing anything about it.

Southsider
October 27th, 2015, 06:13 AM
+1
15 reminded me wrestle offs on PLN. Thank God.
Stopped over to Pard board to see what carney was talking about. They have taken venting to new heights. A very unfortunate year for players and fans. It appears Pards may only be anle to dress around 50 or a few less.
One might say most over there are not taking it well and it goes on for pages. Guess they have had enough after 6 bad years and little prospect of LC doing anything about it.

...........and, therein lies the problem! I can't really fault the guys on their board for venting. At times a revolt is necessary to force change!!!

LeopardBall10
October 27th, 2015, 07:09 AM
...........and, therein lies the problem! I can't really fault the guys on their board for venting. At times a revolt is necessary to force change!!!

Very true, but a revolt only works if the people who are revolting can actually create any real change. I think what is frustrating many of us long time Pard fans is the writing on the wall. Even if enough is enough and Frank is let go the culture of the department is broken, the AD has no real power, and the BOT has shown that they won't even listen to a donor with overflowing pockets. We can yell all we want (and we do) but it will take a very special kind of coach to win inspite of the college. Frank did that for a lot of years, he went to war with anyone and everyone who got in his way. The college wanted to downgrade football, they wanted to minimize athletics, they never wanted to build Bourger. But he faught them all, and usually won. And if he lost he held a grudge until the other person left, because right now he is longer tenured then just about everyone else. But, since the building was built he has gotten comfortable/tired. He feels like he won, he is the last man standing, and I don't think he has enough fight in him for much more.

carney2
October 27th, 2015, 07:48 AM
It's a shame that people go to such extremes.

The prime movers in the Frank Roast on the Lafayette board appear to be a few former players who have never posted much up to this time. They revive stories from their day which are usually more baffling than enlightening due to their lack of detail. Their spirited support of former DC John Loose as Frank's successor would indicate that they played defense back in the day and that they bonded with a coach that they had close contact with. Not making a lot of sense, but the personal nature of the attacks is troubling. Not a lot of "finest hours" occurring over there.

RichH2
October 27th, 2015, 08:08 AM
The prime movers in the Frank Roast on the Lafayette board appear to be a few former players who have never posted much up to this time. They revive stories from their day which are usually more baffling than enlightening due to their lack of detail. Their spirited support of former DC John Loose as Frank's successor would indicate that they played defense back in the day and that they bonded with a coach that they had close contact with. Not making a lot of sense, but the personal nature of the attacks is troubling. Not a lot of "finest hours" occurring over there.
We have a bunch of similar,if not as vitriolic posters,who have recently appeared to complain nonstop. Ours only appear when we lose,not a peep when we win.

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2015, 08:14 AM
I don't understand the vitriol over Frank Tavani--a solid coach who is loyal to the school when it wasn't always supportive in return.

Those who think the grass will be greener after he retires may be kidding themselves. The next Art Briles isn't walking into Bourger House. The next Art Rothkopf, who knows.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 27th, 2015, 08:40 AM
I don't understand the vitriol over Frank Tavani--a solid coach who is loyal to the school when it wasn't always supportive in return.

Those who think the grass will be greener after he retires may be kidding themselves. The next Art Briles isn't walking into Bourger House. The next Art Rothkopf, who knows.

So you're saying there's no hope at Lafayette? I don't buy that. While the basketball team is no juggernaut, it went to the tournament last year and has been in the PL title game at least one or two other times recently. Both the hoops and football stadium are above average facilities imo. The football stadium very much so.

The school is located in fertile recruiting grounds and has some history of success. Although national success in the last 40-50 years is pretty modest. The administration maybe a serious hurdle. Yet, there's pieces in place to win more than they do now. Lafayette needs a highly motivated guy that will knock down a few doors and perhaps ruffle a few feathers. I know don't why it wouldn't be an attractive job to a young assistant with ties to the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic. You can give me the anti-BOT's or president but that only goes so far when you have physical assets imo.

The PL needs Lafayette to turn it around right now. Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate and Holy Cross having varying degrees of "not so good" right now is killing the quality of football being played.

If Temple can host Game Day, be undefeated and nationally ranked at the end of October then Lafayette can win 9 games.....

Bill
October 27th, 2015, 08:48 AM
The darkest hour of Colgate Football.

Yes... My brother was part of the Sweeney era. To be fair, the losing helped change some of the attitudes and procedures in Hamilton. Biddle was definitely given more room to work with things than Ed - and Biddle certainly did a great job.

carney2
October 27th, 2015, 09:22 AM
So you're saying there's no hope at Lafayette?

"No hope" is a throw in the towel, plant cash crops at Fisher mind set. Not what anyone wants to hear. Read post no. 173 in the Lafayette Football "Isn't Fun Anymore" thread and you will hopefully understand why Tavani's successor will have to be something special to make this work.

Franks Tanks
October 27th, 2015, 09:26 AM
So you're saying there's no hope at Lafayette? I don't buy that. While the basketball team is no juggernaut, it went to the tournament last year and has been in the PL title game at least one or two other times recently. Both the hoops and football stadium are above average facilities imo. The football stadium very much so.

The school is located in fertile recruiting grounds and has some history of success. Although national success in the last 40-50 years is pretty modest. The administration maybe a serious hurdle. Yet, there's pieces in place to win more than they do now. Lafayette needs a highly motivated guy that will knock down a few doors and perhaps ruffle a few feathers. I know don't why it wouldn't be an attractive job to a young assistant with ties to the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic. You can give me the anti-BOT's or president but that only goes so far when you have physical assets imo.

The PL needs Lafayette to turn it around right now. Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate and Holy Cross having varying degrees of "not so good" right now is killing the quality of football being played.

If Temple can host Game Day, be undefeated and nationally ranked at the end of October then Lafayette can win 9 games.....

This is true. Lafayette has institutional challenges. Lehigh, Colgate, Holy Cross and Bucknell have them as well. Joe Susan has Bucknell about a million times more competitive than they were when with their prior coach. From the outside looking in, it doesn't appear that much else really changed in Bison land besides a new coach.

What I can say is that Lafayette Football is in a much better place than when Frank took over. In 1999 our facilities were terrible, we had the study and god knows how much we were actually giving out in financial aid. The school president was actively hostile toward athletics. Those that think its so bad today have no clue how far we have come.

Today we have the best facilities in the league, 60 scholarships and President who could be described as apathetic instead of hostile, which is actually a big upgrade. Frank deserves a ton of credit for getting the program where it is today, but not sure he has the fire, and the skill on staff, to right the ship again.

The stuff said on the Lafayette board may be a bit harsh, but I believe most if not all of the stuff written to be true. I cannot confirm or deny certain points, but everything written seems very plausible and likely, given my own personal experience and what I hear. People can argue that Frank deserves another year or two, and he should be able to go out on his own terms etc. That is fine, and not my decision to make. I can say that I don't see a way Frank and his current staff can deliver a winning record unless the program receives major overhauls. Frank wont do a major overhaul if he is close to the end, so I believe as long as FT is the coach we will not have a winning record. If our AD thinks that 2 or 3 more years of losing is acceptable than so be it.

Franks Tanks
October 27th, 2015, 09:33 AM
"No hope" is a throw in the towel, plant cash crops at Fisher mind set. Not what anyone wants to hear. Read post no. 173 in the Lafayette Football "Isn't Fun Anymore" thread and you will hopefully understand why Tavani's successor will have to be something special to make this work.

I reject this assertion. We have so many of the ingredients in place to be a winning program. We need a competent football coach, and not some sort of miracle worker. As described in other places in other posts, the man in the corner office runs the Lafayette football program differently than virtually every other successful program in America. When this changes the results on the field will improve dramatically.

No team in the PL, save perhaps Georgetown, can't compete with the right people in place. There are no Alabama-Vanderbilt or Ohio State- Purdue dynamics in our conference. Sure some schools spend a little more and have better tradition than others, and some schools get away with some stuff that others don't, but the PL it is about coaching period.

eiu1999
October 27th, 2015, 09:51 AM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
Bryant @ HOLY CROSS
FORDHAM @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

PAllen
October 27th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Lehigh, although I wouldn't be surprised to see it go the other way.
Holy Cross, if they can't win this, Gilmore is done. Maybe he can come back and clean up LU's defense.
Fordham, although if it were going to snow, I'd call this a trap game. Fordham's going to lose one more and this is the most likely candidate.
Bucknell, perhaps Lafayette could grab some players from the ultimate team to fill out the sideline.

RichH2
October 27th, 2015, 11:18 AM
29-14
Bucknell
Fordham
Cross
Lehigh ( caveat,will Shaf play??)

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2015, 11:31 AM
We have a bunch of similar,if not as vitriolic posters,who have recently appeared to complain nonstop. Ours only appear when we lose,not a peep when we win.

Not sure if you are referring to this board or not, but most of the criticism I've seen on here is due to us not performing well on the field and what appears to be a dropoff in talent. No one has called for Coen's head at this point, but suggest that if changes aren't made and the current trajectory continues, they will be needed. I haven't seen anything 'vitriolic' here, just a fanbase that is accustomed to winning. While I've been to games every year since I graduated in '99 win or lose, there does appear to be a dropoff in attendance that concerns me.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Not sure if you are referring to this board or not, but most of the criticism I've seen on here is due to us not performing well on the field and what appears to be a dropoff in talent. No one has called for Coen's head at this point, but suggest that if changes aren't made and the current trajectory continues, they will be needed. I haven't seen anything 'vitriolic' here, just a fanbase that is accustomed to winning.

It's a bit more constrained here. On the LU Message board it's a bit different:

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/forums/topic/time-for-andy-to-go/

This was after the Yale game, but you get the general idea.

RichH2
October 27th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Not sure if you are referring to this board or not, but most of the criticism I've seen on here is due to us not performing well on the field and what appears to be a dropoff in talent. No one has called for Coen's head at this point, but suggest that if changes aren't made and the current trajectory continues, they will be needed. I haven't seen anything 'vitriolic' here, just a fanbase that is accustomed to winning. While I've been to games every year since I graduated in '99 win or lose, there does appear to be a dropoff in attendance that concerns me.
No,98 ,just referring to Lehigh board. :)

2ram
October 27th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Fordham
Bucknell

carney2
October 27th, 2015, 12:49 PM
I reject this assertion. We have so many of the ingredients in place to be a winning program. We need a competent football coach, and not some sort of miracle worker. As described in other places in other posts, the man in the corner office runs the Lafayette football program differently than virtually every other successful program in America. When this changes the results on the field will improve dramatically.

No team in the PL, save perhaps Georgetown, can't compete with the right people in place. There are no Alabama-Vanderbilt or Ohio State- Purdue dynamics in our conference. Sure some schools spend a little more and have better tradition than others, and some schools get away with some stuff that others don't, but the PL it is about coaching period.

You and I are pretty much in agreement - or at least we're not that far apart. Short term success is achievable with the pieces in place that you describe. Bruce's penchant for hiring guys that will be there "forever" however, is a problem because the institution will ultimately wear them down. That's what happened to Russo, and it appears to be happening to Frank. We need guys who can ignore the bull***** coming out of Markle because they are moving up and moving on. In short, guys who treat the job as the stepping stone that it should be. Five or six years, and then start the process over again. It's the only way to deal with the Board of Trustees, faculty, and administration.

Unfortunately, Bruce isn't the guy to pull this off.

van
October 27th, 2015, 01:36 PM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH - Hoyas D will keep them in the game, but home cooking wins out.

Bryant @ HOLY CROSS - Cross should handle this one easily at Fitton

FORDHAM @ COLGATE - Strange things can happen in the tundra, but talent gap is too much for gators.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE - how many pards are playing this week?

28-16 on the year

Bogus Megapardus
October 27th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Week 9 Sportsbook:

Harvard (-7½) vs. Dartmouth o/u 45

Lehigh (-4) vs. Georgetown o/u 51

Brown (-1) vs. Penn o/u 72

Yale (-15½) vs. Columbia o/u 40

Fordham (-9½) at Colgate o/u 69

Holy Cross (-5) vs. Bryant o/u 46

Bucknell (-7½) at Lafayette o/u 32

Princeton (-23) vs. Cornell o/u 55

Other Games of Interest:

Duquesne (-19) vs. Wagner o/u 47

Stony Brook (-8) vs. Elon o/u 28

New Hampshire (-31) vs. Rhode Island o/u 49

Wofford (-7) at VMI o/u 59

Towson (-5) vs. Delaware o/u 44

Richmond (-26) vs. Albany o/u 55

William & Mary (-4½) vs. James Madison o/u 70

Villanova (-11) vs. Maine o/u 41

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Georgetown, 28-22
Colgate, 37-31
HC, 30-17
Bucknell, 30-7

crusader11
October 27th, 2015, 02:21 PM
Take the under in Bucknell - Lafayette, right?

Harvard -7.5 is reallyyyyyy tempting.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Week 9 Sportsbook:

Bucknell (-7½) at Lafayette o/u 32

Like I said... there will be fewer than 32 points scored in this game.

Bogus Megapardus
October 27th, 2015, 04:32 PM
The First Lady and I will be attending Cornell @ Princeton. I doubt I'll even try to follow the Lafayette game on the mobile. It's just way too depressing. :(

The only question is, will we sit on separate sides of the field? ;)

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2015, 05:46 AM
The First Lady and I will be attending Cornell @ Princeton. I doubt I'll even try to follow the Lafayette game on the mobile. It's just way too depressing. :(

The only question is, will we sit on separate sides of the field? ;)
Depends. Do you have a pre-nup?

carney2
October 28th, 2015, 08:50 AM
At Tuesday's press conference Tavani said that 6 of his MIAs were tested and 4 were cleared to return against Bucknell. Top secret stuff apparently because no names were given. Unless all of them are offensive linemen it won't make much difference. Lafayette's inability to score is primarily due to the overwhelming number of injuries in the offensive line. Guys called up from the scout team have long ago joined the injured list and the line of the last month or so has been atrocious despite comments from some sources about how well some are doing. Play calling and all aspects of offensive performance have suffered.

crusader11
October 28th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Lafayette's starting OL against HC:

Nick Zataveski - LT (Sr., 6-6, 305, named preseason All-PL)
Matt Anderson - LG (Sr., 6-3, 270, first year playing OL, transitioning from DL)
Mike Donnelly - C (So., 6-4, 290, DNP as a Fr., was a back up entering the season)
Kevin Zataveski - RG (Fr., 6-4, 300)
Cam Smith - RT (So., 6-5, 300, played in three games with one start as a Fr.)

Seems like there's about one player on Lafayette's offensive line at this juncture who was one of the five starters entering the season. That correct?

PAllen
October 28th, 2015, 10:31 AM

Matt Anderson - LG (Sr., 6-3, 270, first year playing OL, transitioning from DL)
Mike Donnelly - C (So., 6-4, 290, DNP as a Fr., was a back up entering the season)

Seems like there's about one player on Lafayette's offensive line at this juncture who was one of the five starters entering the season. That correct?

So, run left or roll out left.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Run left and roll out left will undoubtedly be put in the playbook vs. Lehigh, and it will suddenly, magically, work...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2015, 10:48 AM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-lafayette-college-football-bucknell-preview-20151027-story.html

"I know Frank, and regardless of what has gone on previously [this year], it's Bucknell-Lafayette; I know he'll have his team ready to play. It'll be a real physical game. That's the way you like college football … football the right way. I'm excited about coming down there."

"I'll bet he's excited," Tavani quipped, alluding to the fact that Susan might be eager to get back on the right track against a team that has even more problems than his own does.

Number one, this made me laugh despite myself. Number two, ouch.

carney2
October 28th, 2015, 10:51 AM
So, run left or roll out left.

No. Short, quick passes are about all there is. If a play takes even 2 seconds to develop, it ain't gonna happen. If things were going "well" Nick Zataveski would be the only name you'd see on the starters list - and even he missed a bunch of games (then broke his hand on his first day back). Not certain how many of the others would even be able to sniff the two deep. Using student managers to stand at positions as dummies during "practice."

carney2
October 28th, 2015, 10:53 AM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-lafayette-college-football-bucknell-preview-20151027-story.html

Number one, this made me laugh despite myself. Number two, ouch.

Number two - that is a description of the 2015 Lafayette football team.

ColgateTD
October 28th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Lehigh over Hoyas - Despite the new, tough guy on the block, have to go with the home field advantage Engineers.

Holy Cross - Puhols gets it done vs the neighbors in RI, 28 - 21

Colgate - Upset special. With two weeks to prepare the Raiders pull off one of their patented come from behind wins, 31-28.

Bucknell - Sentiment would have me picking the Leopards, but I just can't see them getting past the Bison despite Bucknell's mediocre tendencies.

26-4 so far

CFBfan
October 28th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Colgate - Upset special. With two weeks to prepare the Raiders pull off one of their patented come from behind wins, 31-28.

Since opening day vs Nova, FU has scored: 44, 54, 35, 48, 47 & 59 points
I really don't see the Gate D holding them to 28!

RichH2
October 28th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Looks like Shafnisky iffy for Saturday. Mayes taking 1st team reps.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Looks like Shafnisky iffy for Saturday. Mayes taking 1st team reps.

3-4 with the starting QB in doubt against a team you've NEVER lost to in PL play? Now they have a, by recruiting accounts, talented but unproven freshman taking 1st team snaps. The plot thickens....xdrunkyx

Is any league in the country as "interesting" as the PL right now? Some of these teams/programs have way too much drama....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2015, 03:09 PM
3-4 with the starting QB in doubt against a team you've NEVER lost to in PL play? Now they have a, by recruiting accounts, talented but unproven freshman taking 1st team snaps. The plot thickens....xdrunkyx

Is any league in the country as "interesting" as the PL right now? Some of these teams/programs have way too much drama....

Whenever Fordham loses - that will be drama. Hard to call what's going on now as drama.

ColgateTD
October 28th, 2015, 03:49 PM

Since opening day vs Nova, FU has scored: 44, 54, 35, 48, 47 & 59 points
I really don't see the Gate D holding them to 28!

It's just a feeling. :)

CFBfan
October 28th, 2015, 04:21 PM
It's just a feeling. :)

I like feeling TD and hope that it plays out, would be very nice to see FU knocked off its perch!

heath
October 28th, 2015, 05:36 PM
all visiting teams have a great trip home,just hope Lehigh can be the spoiler.

Fordham
October 28th, 2015, 05:51 PM
I like feeling TD and hope that it plays out, would be very nice to see FU knocked off its perch!

Dude!

bison137
October 28th, 2015, 06:25 PM
You have to think we will get one vs Bucknell. We moved the ball somewhat vs HC.

You may get a few. Bucknell missing their best CB and two safeties. Other CB playing with a harness to keep his shoulder in place. Should be vulnerable to the pass. Also down a couple of DL's.

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2015, 07:42 PM
You may get a few. Bucknell missing their best CB and two safeties. Other CB playing with a harness to keep his shoulder in place. Should be vulnerable to the pass. Also down a couple of DL's.
Since we can't pass the ball either you will be fine. It is pretty much impossible to overstate how bad the Lafayette offense is right now. Unless the players you mention above are being replaced by cheerleaders or senior citizens we still won't score more than 7 points. If you play with 10 guys the whe game maybe we hit double digits.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2015, 09:01 AM
I even challenge Susan's assertion that Tavani will have us ready to play. We were ready to play against Princeton. And we've been shutout two straight games.

Are we still in preseason camp like Mo Bennet says? Because I see colored leaves right now...

carney2
October 29th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Can't believe that the line on Bucknell @ Lafayette is only 7 1/2. That implies that the dog has a chance.

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Can't believe that the line on Bucknell @ Lafayette is only 7 1/2. That implies that the dog has a chance.

I don't think Vegas pays as close of attention as they should to lower level FCS games. This line is off by at least 6-7 points.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Let's just start and end by saying the final score will be Bucknell 19, Lafayette 3.

Andy
October 29th, 2015, 12:03 PM

Well, after one projected starter quit in the off season, this was the projected OL:

LT - Cam Smith
LG - Staudle
C - Mike Donnelly
RG - Hoffman
RT - Nick Zateveski

Hoffman was lost for the year due to concussion. Replaced by fr Kevin Zateveski.

Donnelly beaten out at C by fr Tanner Kern who is out with an ankle. Donnelly moved to guard, now back to C.

Staudle has been out since the first game or so, do back, replaced by Donnelly, replaced by 3rd string DL, Anderson.

Nick Zateveski (jr eligibility, will return) missed several games with a broken hand, then played several with a club cast on the hand. His replacement, sr Dave Miller, is done for the year with some kind of injury.

Promising fr, Logan Greiser, has been out all year.

So, to answer the question: N Zat and Smith are the only 2 original starters left.

KillaBee
October 29th, 2015, 12:03 PM

Carney, Every dog has their day.. and Saturday is the Leopards day. You will see. by 31 Lafayette will win!!!!

It is THE BATTLE!!! It is declared that, this is THE BATTLE..... and the Leopards will win!!!

I read in the blogs that the team has no identity, this mess,that mess, the kids, the everything negative and the very little positive. But one thing I do know is the Leopards will win. Why because I see loyalty...
I see loyalty from all the people who are commenting about the program from Leopardville on the blogs. Some are defensive and most are out raged, but there is definitely a general concern.

Carney in the BEE world everyone works and contribute the cause. Bring back the alumni and help, talk to the kids, bring back the ex players, to speak.. Put together an agenda to help develop a Winning attitude and tradition from all the resources Lafayette has produced , rally around the kids.. not monetary but gather all the wisdom, expertise, and history from all the older leopards and convey it to every player who wears a number injured/healthy.
The kids have no clue about politics, fundraising, BOT, budgets etc... ALL they know is that they loss the last umtineen games and have scored 0..

But encouragement, paying attention to detail, deference, endurance, achievement are all attributes that many alumni posses.. Share them with the kids..

Inspire the players, they are kids, not super athletes in the SEC, but intelligent future Pard alumnis, like yourself. I bet if a movement began to embrace the Leopard Football team today They will win on Saturday by 31....

SOUND THE ALARM CARNEY, STAY AWAY FROM THE politics, fundraising, BOT, budgets, and the XXOOO"S etc.. AND KEEP IT ON THE KIDS AND I'LL BET YOU THEY WILL WIN AGAINST BUCKNELL SATURDAY BY 31......
BET YOUR HOUSE ON IT!!!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Georgetown preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/game-preview-georgetown-at-lehigh.html

This week I dug deep in the history books and talked a lot about the very sad story of the 1925 football season.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Carney in the BEE world everyone ... have no clue ALL they know is that they loss and have scored 0...

The Bee World is indeed an interesting place, I'll grant you that.

carney2
October 29th, 2015, 12:09 PM
SOUND THE ALARM CARNEY

A L A R M ! ! ! ! !

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Seriously, how can Lafayette football not be fun anymore with KillABee around?

KillaBee
October 29th, 2015, 12:21 PM

Hey buddy Do you know the points spread on 151.. if not you just wait....

If you need assistance in the Lehigh buzzard world, just let me know.. Im more than willing to help out. I'll reserve my prediction on the Lehigh vs. GT game...lol

carney2
October 29th, 2015, 01:00 PM

LFN, are you the guy organizing the All Chuckles Tour of East Coast Mental Hospitals?

ColgateTD
October 29th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Not to butt in but the weather looks good in Hamilton for Gate-Fordham. Should be clear, some wind, some sun and dry conditions. Unfortunately this will not help us slow down Edmonds. Ball control and eating up the clock might keep the score (somewhat) low.

RichH2
October 29th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Question. We all are aware of the situation wih the Pards. Not sure,but it serms that the PL is having a greater number of injuries than in past years. Is that correct?

Go...gate
October 29th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Lehigh 24, Georgetown 19

Holy Cross 33, Bryant 22

Fordham 40, Colgate 24

Lafayette 20, Bucknell 17

Bonus Pick: Princeton 35, Cornell 20

carney2
October 30th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Lafayette 20, Bucknell 17

Who knew that tundra is a hallucinogen.

Sandlapper Spike
October 30th, 2015, 08:16 AM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
Bryant @ HOLY CROSS
FORDHAM @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

Lehigh'98
October 30th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Really smelling a Colgate upset this week. Fordham's defense seems ripe.

KillaBee
October 30th, 2015, 10:22 AM

Carney,

The alarm does not sound like that... Positive Energy... When the Leopards Win on Saturday.. I'll be so gracious to give my forthcoming weeks prediction.

If we cannot win the Battle, I am sure they will win the next. I can definitely feel this game, and I see the beginnings of a new direction for the Leopards...

By 31.. and don't forget.. Bet the House!!!!!!!!!!!!

heath
October 30th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Bucknell doesn't score many points, neither do you guys. Bucknell should be 1-6,riding a 6 game losing streak. 4th quarter comeback wins at VMI and Cornell make them seem respectable. The spread may be about right even considering the goose eggs by your team the past 2 weeks. 20-14 or 17-10 are very legit scores when talking this game.

heath
October 30th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Hey buddy Do you know the points spread on 151.. if not you just wait....

If you need assistance in the Lehigh buzzard world, just let me know.. Im more than willing to help out. I'll reserve my prediction on the Lehigh vs. GT game...lol
If Lehigh plays Georgia Tech the spread may be 48xlolxbut feel much more confident with this weeks game against GUxdrunkyx

Pards Rule
October 30th, 2015, 12:19 PM
I'm with the Bee!! But not by 31..havent had that much to drink yet :)

Go...gate
October 30th, 2015, 12:45 PM

The 'pards are due....

- - - Updated - - -

Really smelling a Colgate upset this week. Fordham's defense seems ripe.

From your lips to God's ears....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Unless Chase Edmonds ate some bad chili this week, I can't possibly pick the Raiders, as much as I'd like them to win.

carney2
October 30th, 2015, 02:06 PM
The 'pards are due....

Yeah, due for a high colonic and a coaching change - if those are separate items.

KillaBee
October 30th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Yeah, due for a high colonic and a coaching change - if those are separate items.

Carney, that is way above me, and the way it appears... its way above many people as well. Therefore, lets just keep it on the game against Bucknell.

The Leopards will win.

Give me this.. If the Leopards win tomorrow, will you bless us with (1) positive quote concerning the team for this entire year?

If we are 132 out of 132, Bucknell has to be 132 as well.. I don't want to hear the Offense only played well because Bucknell is 132..

I believe they played well because the ship is turning.. BY 31...... BET THE HOUSE......

Leopards by ????????

Leopard Loyalist
October 30th, 2015, 02:56 PM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
Bryant @ HOLY CROSS
FORDHAM @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

I really wanted to pick the Leopards by 31, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Sader87
October 30th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Apple-1 with a poor 1-2 showing last week, trying to rebound here and going slightly outside the box to gain some ground here:

Lehigh 24 GTown 17 Tempted to go with Hoyas but they have nevah beaten the Engineers in league play.

Colgate 34 Fordhwm 31 My upset special...just a hunch but Fordham has been playing with fire lately, catches up with them in Hamilton.

Bucknell 3 Lafayette 0 This will be UGLY.

Bryant 30 Holy Cross 27 Very close game on papah...I just don't think we've kicked the close game bug yet.

KillaBee
October 30th, 2015, 03:11 PM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH
Bryant @ HOLY CROSS
FORDHAM @ COLGATE
BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

I really wanted to pick the Leopards by 31, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I completely understand.. just think 132 playing 132 = 132/2 (66)

66 with a 50% chance of winning and only having minus 2 games left..= that equals 31.....

When the going gets tough, Killa, pard4life and carney wont get going.. I know they may seem like they are one sided, but in the BEE world that's called the rope-a-dope...

Dont let them fool you.. By 31... BET THE HOUSE....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2015, 11:41 PM
I've waited as long as I can to make my picks. Not sure if Shafnisky will play for Lehigh...

Bucknell 20 Lafayette 10 - I considered taking the 'Pards but they've been SOO bad I couldn't do it.

Holy Cross 34 Bryant 30 - This is a pretty interesting game. On paper these are two evenly matched teams. I'll take the Crusaders at home to keep their hopes alive for a winning season.

Colgate 45 Fordham 40 - The Rams are going to lose a league some at some point. Although it might be next year. They're simply not a dominant enough team to avoid tripping up. I think Colgate gets them in Hamilton...

Lehigh 30 Georgetown 27 - Georgetown has never beaten Lehigh in PL play. They have a very good chance tomorrow. A loss to Georgetown at home and Coen and staff should feel increased heat. 4-7 or 3-8 would be another disaster.....

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2015, 12:22 AM
So have I, TU. Good luck tomorrow for Lehigh and, um, that other little football game you'll be taking in tomorrow. :)

My game breakdown and fearless prediction:

http://www.maletphoto.com/Sports/Football/Georgetown-Football-2011/i-gVZ4P2T/0/S/AP2H6317-1-S.jpg

Let's add to this:

Bucknell 19, Lafayette 3 - Bison and the under, remember

Holy Cross 35, Bryant 24 - Crusaders have turned the corner, I think.

Fordham 52 Colgate 14 - People are picking Colgate this week as if Chase Edmonds were already a New York Giant, or as if Killabee's secret herbal blend has addled their senses. News flash: Chase Edmonds is still a [Fordham] Ram, and you all will still be seeing more of this future NFL player.

carney2
October 31st, 2015, 08:27 AM
I put on my tin foil hat, poured a glass of Kool-Aid and have seen the light: LAFAYETTE BY 31!

Off to Badman and then Fisher to watch some bad football. Something of a relief after watching Dartmouth and Harvard show us how it should be done.

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 09:17 AM
I've waited as long as I can to make my picks. Not sure if Shafnisky will play for Lehigh...

Bucknell 20 Lafayette 10 - I considered taking the 'Pards but they've been SOO bad I couldn't do it.

Holy Cross 34 Bryant 30 - This is a pretty interesting game. On paper these are two evenly matched teams. I'll take the Crusaders at home to keep their hopes alive for a winning season.

Colgate 45 Fordham 40 - The Rams are going to lose a league some at some point. Although it might be next year. They're simply not a dominant enough team to avoid tripping up. I think Colgate gets them in Hamilton...

Lehigh 30 Georgetown 27 - Georgetown has never beaten Lehigh in PL play. They have a very good chance tomorrow. A loss to Georgetown at home and Coen and staff should feel increased heat. 4-7 or 3-8 would be another disaster.....
I'm an ND fan but gotta stick with owl. Best of luck today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 09:38 AM
I'm an ND fan but gotta stick with owl. Best of luck today.

I grew up a huge ND fan and still am until 8 pm tonight! I think we'll hang in but ultimately lose by 14-17 points...

Pard4Life
October 31st, 2015, 09:40 AM
Lehigh 28, Georgetown 20... will the Hoyas EVER beat Lehigh?

Holy Cross 35, Bryant 24... It's the Pujals show

Fordham 48, Colgate 21... Don't kind yourselves. Easy win.

Bucknell 28, Lafayette 0... problems continue...

Bonus: Notre Dame 34, Temple 20... Owls keep it close early before the dam breaks in the 4th

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 11:03 AM
FWIW
Pregame,Shac dressed and throwing. Brad also . Rumor 2QB sets. Hip affects throwing more than running for Shaf.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 11:41 AM
Mish drills a 40+ yard FG to finish the opening drive with points...

3-0 Lehigh about 12:30 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 11:46 AM
Lehigh rocking the real "brown and white" uniforms today. I like them xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 11:51 AM
Mayes looks darn good at QB! Confident in the pocket, sees the entire field, looks to pass FIRST!

- - - Updated - - -

TD Lehigh!

10-0 6:40 1Q

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 11:52 AM
The all brown unis look good az does LU 10-0

DFW HOYA
October 31st, 2015, 11:57 AM
The all brown unis look good az does LU 10-0

The men in white jerseys, not so much. Still remarkable this is the third longest active winning streak by any team in Div I in an annual series.

Lehigh'98
October 31st, 2015, 11:58 AM
Nice day for a game out at Goodman. Foliage rocking. Mayes looks good so far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:12 PM
Crowd does look good at the Lehigh game. They'll still announce it as 5,000...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:14 PM
Lehigh's offense looking good! Guys are making plays today!

- - - Updated - - -

TD Lehigh!

17-0 9:45 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:18 PM
Colgate 7 Fordham 0 9:16 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:27 PM
TD Hoyas! The ball was thrown right to a LU defender who some how missed the int, bounces off his hands and into the Hoyas wr's arms....

Lehigh 17-7 4:50 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:30 PM
Ram FG

Colgate 7-3 3:15 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:38 PM
TD Lehigh!! The offense looks really good with Mayes running the show!

Lehigh 24-7 1:08 2Q

Lehigh'98
October 31st, 2015, 12:39 PM
TD Lehigh. Nice drive. Mayes looks pretty nice so far. Good touch. 24-7

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:40 PM
TD Raiders!

14-3 Colgate end of 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 12:50 PM
Holy Cross 14 Bryant 6 1:10 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 01:02 PM
Holy Cross 21-6 13:11 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 01:04 PM
TD 'Gate!

21-3 3:03 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 01:27 PM
TD Georgetown! This might be getting interesting

Lehigh 27-14 5:46 3Q

FordhamFan
October 31st, 2015, 01:30 PM
Woof, gonna take a miracle (and by miracle, I mean a semblance of a defense) for the Rams to pull this one out. Melville just dominating Fordham

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 01:35 PM
Hoyas inside the LU 30....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 01:43 PM
TD Hoyas! The real LU defense has shown up!

27-21 Lehigh 2:45 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 01:52 PM
Lehigh TD after Georgetown fails on an onside kick try...

34-21 LU 11:18 4Q

heath
October 31st, 2015, 01:52 PM
TD Hoyas! The real LU defense has shown up!

27-21 Lehigh 2:45 3Q
The 4th and 4 play killed them. Db playing off 10 yards and can't recover to make play in time...........poor coaching/scheme

Lehigh'98
October 31st, 2015, 01:54 PM
33-21 failed 2pt conversion

heath
October 31st, 2015, 01:56 PM
If you're gonna play Shaf on 4th and goal, then why not start him?
Answer= Mayes much better pocket passer and reminds me of #12, yes THAT guy.

Doc QB
October 31st, 2015, 02:06 PM
Shaf and Mayes nite and day arm-wise. It really isnt even close. I like Shaf, but I am fully on the Mayes-train.

LUHawker
October 31st, 2015, 02:17 PM
Lehigh has NO defense. #7 stinks and the whole D has no stopping ability.

Lehigh'98
October 31st, 2015, 02:20 PM
#7 has been getting picked on quite a bit

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:21 PM

5-6 looks highly likely. I leave work hoping that when I get home it's 40-21 only to find out it's 33-28...

- - - Updated - - -

Shaf and Mayes nite and day arm-wise. It really isnt even close. I like Shaf, but I am fully on the Mayes-train.

Me too...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:22 PM
Colgate 24-9 start of 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:23 PM
Lehigh will win 33-28, moves to 4-4 (2-1)...

van
October 31st, 2015, 02:25 PM

seems like every pass completion was against Lawson

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:27 PM
With even an average defense Lehigh is 5-3, 6-2 right now. They have legitimate talent on offense. The skills guys will be awesome, and that's not hyperbole, next year if they stay healthy. But the defense is horrific. Even Lafayette might hit 24 against them...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 02:32 PM
Colgate 24 Fordham 16 12:12 4Q....

Can Fordham pull another one out of their arse?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 03:10 PM
Lafayette 14-0 1:14 1Q

van
October 31st, 2015, 03:16 PM
Lafayette 14-0 1:14 1Q

Killabee where art thou?

Franks Tanks
October 31st, 2015, 03:27 PM
With even an average defense Lehigh is 5-3, 6-2 right now. They have legitimate talent on offense. The skills guys will be awesome, and that's not hyperbole, next year if they stay healthy. But the defense is horrific. Even Lafayette might hit 24 against them...

Pelletier, or whatever his name, is a player but who else? Bragalone is solid, but looks like he is 5'6" out there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 03:32 PM
Pelletier, or whatever his name, is a player but who else? Bragalone is solid, but looks like he is 5'6" out there.

Gatlin Casey is darn good too. Bragalone will only get stronger. He's already putting up darn good numbers as a freshman. Lehigh has history of short but highly productive RB's. Brister is going to be good too. This was his second game back from a broken hand...

van
October 31st, 2015, 03:44 PM

he will be taller in 3 weeks, count on it

Fordham
October 31st, 2015, 03:58 PM
Congrats Gate. We made it interesting in the end but the better team won today imo. We need a D

Franks Tanks
October 31st, 2015, 04:12 PM
he will be taller in 3 weeks, count on it
He is a good, solid PL player, but don't see him as being special. Sorry.

The great ones, like Chase Edmunds and Eachus, are just different and you can see that from day one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 04:15 PM

The great ones, like Chase Edmunds and Eachus, are just different and you can see that from day one.

Eachus played defense as much as offense his frosh year. How many fr of the week does Brags have already?

I can't think of a frosh running back at Lehigh that has been more productive in the last 25 years.

Franks Tanks
October 31st, 2015, 04:25 PM
Eachus played defense as much as offense his frosh year. How many fr of the week does Brags have already?

I can't think of a frosh running back at Lehigh that has been more productive in the last 25 years.

you honestly think he is even in the same universe as Eachus? Eachus was behind another great Colgate back as a freshman, and Biddle was just looking for a way to get him on the field as much as possible. Bragalone is similar to Barket. Good solid runner, but does not make people fear him.

van
October 31st, 2015, 04:49 PM
Brags a down hill runner like Barket, but with more speed, he will be very productive the next 3 years

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 04:53 PM
you honestly think he is even in the same universe as Eachus? Eachus was behind another great Colgate back as a freshman, and Biddle was just looking for a way to get him on the field as much as possible. Bragalone is similar to Barket. Good solid runner, but does not make people fear him.

He was so good Colgate considered using him at line backer? Eachus was not highly recruited despite his success in HS at the 4A level. His best offers were for wrestling iic. Eachus was very good but he also was in a system where he was going to get 30-40 carries some games. Lehigh running backs are asked to do different things. His receiving skills out of the backfield is what I really like about him.

Brags has a shot to be first team next to Edmonds as a freshman.

van
October 31st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Meanwhile, Buffs fumble the snap to the punter and Pards get the ball inside the 10 and take the lead on a Drew Reed pass, too bad teams slugging it out

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Lafayette TD!

24-21 'Pards, about 8 minutes left in 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 05:17 PM
Bucknell just faked a punt on 4th and 6 from their own 25 xeyebrowx

They were going to sneak it on 4th and 1 from the 30 but the FB moved early...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 05:24 PM
TD Bison on a bomb to Carter....

28-24 7:29 4Q

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 05:40 PM
Not yet but to say he shouldn't be considered in the same conversation is wrong. Dom will be a dominant RB. Edmonds is likely the best RB ever to play in the PL.

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 05:43 PM
D played very well in the first half. Agree 2 ndary forgot to show up in the second. Luckily for us Botts called our dreaded Zebra defense to take 3 TDs off the board :)

Gate83
October 31st, 2015, 05:46 PM
Congrats Gate. We made it interesting in the end but the better team won today imo. We need a D

Thanks, Fordham. Just back from the game & met the parents of #13 who made the twisting catch on the 15 at the end that set the Rams up for the score & the try for the 2 pointer. Terrific people, I'll be rooting for him & your team going forward... and he's a freshman, so I'm sure we'll see him again. Also chatted with my old pal & your AD for a minute, he told me he's very proud of a very young team. This game was everything I love about FCS football!

Not sure how I would've felt if you got the 2 point conversion...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 05:46 PM
Bucknell 35 Lafayette 24 about a minute left in the game....

crusader11
October 31st, 2015, 05:56 PM
Imagine if...

Holy Cross wins out = 4-2

Lehigh loses to HC, but beats Colgate and Lafayette = 4-2

Fordham loses once to either Georgetown or Bucknell = 4-2

Colgate loses twice to either Lafayette, Lehigh, or Bucknell = 4-2

Thanks for the correction, LFN.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2015, 06:15 PM
Imagine if...

Lehigh or Holy Cross win out = 4-2

Fordham loses once to either Georgetown or Bucknell = 4-2

Colgate loses twice to either Lafayette, Lehigh, or Bucknell = 4-2

That Colgate v. Lehigh game in two weekends is looking awfully big, but only if Lehigh beats HC next weekend.

If Lehigh beats Holy Cross, Colgate and Lafayette, they're 5-1 and win the PL in your scenario.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2015, 06:17 PM

Not sure what more you'd like Bragalone to do. He had 169 net rushing yards today. To make Edmonds territory, does he need to huck a few TD passes too? xrolleyesx

crusader11
October 31st, 2015, 06:20 PM
If Lehigh beats Holy Cross, Colgate and Lafayette, they're 5-1 and win the PL in your scenario.

Have since edited.

Gate83
October 31st, 2015, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=crusader11;2276211]Imagine if...

Gate learns to close games out? Today should not have been close, if we play to potential we should win out. Doesn't mean we will though...

World
October 31st, 2015, 06:48 PM
Quick question:

Did Lehigh's Shafinsky play quarterback at all or did he get his running yards from another position?

Lehigh'98
October 31st, 2015, 06:49 PM
Congratulations to Colgate, they now have the inside track to the title. Hard to imagine Lehigh winning up there with our defense playing as is.

carney2
October 31st, 2015, 06:56 PM
He was so good Colgate considered using him at line backer?

Don't want to get into this "discussion," but Nate Eachus was "so good" that Biddle had to get him on the field. In Nate's freshman year the feature back at Colgate was Jordon Scott. That would be the equivalent of a Fordham freshman sending Edmonds to the bench.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 07:15 PM
Don't want to get into this "discussion," but Nate Eachus was "so good" that Biddle had to get him on the field. In Nate's freshman year the feature back at Colgate was Jordon Scott. That would be the equivalent of a Fordham freshman sending Edmonds to the bench.

To compare Edmonds to Jordan Scott is crazy. Edmonds named the best freshman in the country last year. Scott was good but he really ran their system well. He was a big plodding back who churned out yards. Edmonds is at another level x5.....

Eachus was darn good but he also battled injuries for part of his career.

We'll see where Bragalone ends up at the end of the year...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 07:24 PM
I turn on Houston and Vandy during a Temple timeout and Mark Jones is giving Gordy Lockbaum all kinds of love...

carney2
October 31st, 2015, 07:29 PM
To compare Edmonds to Jordan Scott is crazy. Edmonds named the best freshman in the country last year. Scott was good but he really ran their system well. He was a big plodding back who churned out yards. Edmonds is at another level x5.....

Eachus was darn good but he also battled injuries for part of his career.

We'll see where Bragalone ends up at the end of the year...

Get your attention back on ABC. Your Owls are down early and could use your support.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2015, 07:43 PM
Not yet but to say he shouldn't be considered in the same conversation is wrong. Dom will be a dominant RB. Edmonds is likely the best RB ever to play in the PL.

You ever heard of Kenny Gamble??

Southsider
October 31st, 2015, 07:46 PM
D played very well in the first half. Agree 2 ndary forgot to show up in the second. Luckily for us Botts called our dreaded Zebra defense to take 3 TDs off the board :)

He must be replaced. Period!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 07:46 PM
You ever heard of Kenny Gamble??

aka the first Payton Winner ever xbowx

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 08:16 PM
Yup,saw him play a lot. Excellent RB. Edmonds is better as a soph than Gamble ever was as a soph. Not knocking him ,certainly in the top 3-4 all time.

ngineer
October 31st, 2015, 08:30 PM
seems like every pass completion was against Lawson

Lawson not really a db, he's an lb, supposedly a 'rover' in the scheme after the starter went down early in the season (Githens?)

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 08:47 PM
Lawson never a cover guy. A S. Moved to Rov after Lambert and Barrett went down. Hoyas went after him in 2nd. Excellent tackler but no hands or cover skills.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 08:49 PM
Get your attention back on ABC. Your Owls are down early and could use your support.

14-10 ND at half. Pretty darn good 30 minutes for Temple!

If only Lehigh played defense like the Owls. Coen should give Phil Snow a call tomorrow for some advice...

Go...gate
October 31st, 2015, 09:20 PM
14-10 ND at half. Pretty darn good 30 minutes for Temple!

If only Lehigh played defense like the Owls. Coen should give Phil Snow a call tomorrow for some advice...

Pulling for your Owls, Go Lehigh TU owl!

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 09:31 PM
Owl D is really impressive. Good game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 10:36 PM
Well looks like Holy Cross will remain the last Top 10 we've beaten. Way back in 1945! No shame though for my Owls! We're legit and deserve our ranking. You might see us again on New Year's Eve....

Go...gate
October 31st, 2015, 10:58 PM
Well looks like Holy Cross will remain the last Top 10 we've beaten. Way back in 1945! No shame though for my Owls! We're legit and deserve our ranking. You might see us again on New Year's Eve....

Weren't the Crusaders nearly in the Big East back then?

RichH2
October 31st, 2015, 11:08 PM
No shame. Owls played a great game. TU definitely a legit Top 20 team.

ngineer
October 31st, 2015, 11:09 PM
Owls have a very good chance of playing on New Year's Day...gauling all the PSU people!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2015, 11:11 PM
Weren't the Crusaders nearly in the Big East back then?

Hmm...They were being courted by the Big 10 to replace the University of Chicago in 1946 :p..But they proceeded to lose to us which killed their chances...

carney2
November 1st, 2015, 08:18 AM
Back to Patriot League stuff. I leave you with this piece of wisdom: Never poke a sleeping Frankosaurus. With no OL, the Pard running game has been the worst in FCS this year. Frank, and, I guess, his OC, Mickey Fein, decided that they would revert to form against Bucknell. It was gonna happen or they were gonna die trying. They had some success early, but Joe Susan's staff made some adjustments and held the Leopards to 16 yards running in the second half. Did that deter the Frankosaurian brain trust? He!! no. They gave away 1st and sometimes even 2nd down the entire 3rd and 4th quarters. And third or fourth and short was a joke. That REPEATED bump at the middle garnered anywhere from one to minus two yards every time. Not much hope when your coaches can't recognize what's going on in front of them.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2015, 08:20 AM
My recap of the Georgetown/Lehigh game:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/11/lehigh-does-little-things-in-order-to.html

The most competitive Lehigh/Georgetown game at Murray Goodman Stadium ever.

CHIP72
November 1st, 2015, 08:32 AM
Good win for Lehigh yesterday. Georgetown may not be great, but they are a solid team this year and if the Mountain Hawks wanted to show their recent promise and improvement from last year wasn't a fluke, they needed to beat the Hoyas.

With Lafayette, it was encouraging just to see them be competitive and score some points; that may be something for them to take into their last two games of the year. Their loss (one of only three among the teams I follow, and one of them was to another team I follow) almost felt like a win after the debacles they've suffered since the Princeton game.

Speaking of teams I follow that lost, in the non-FCS department that was a really good game between Notre Dame and Temple last night, the kind you hope to see at opening kickoff (unless you want your team to post a blowout win of course). The Owls played a solid game, one of their best of the season actually IMO, and had a real chance at winning. I'm sure ESPN/ABC has no regrets that they chose to come to Philadelphia for GameDay (though Stanford/Washington State also turned out to be an excellent game) and show an unheralded Temple team play against Notre Dame on national TV in prime-time. It was great actually being at the game; the only bad thing was there were entirely too many Notre Dame "subway alumni" sitting in the portion of my section.

Finally, back to the Patriot League, I'm not surprised Colgate beat Fordham; I thought before the game the Red Raiders were the best team in the Patriot League. I think Colgate will win the league outright; their game at home against Lehigh on 11/14 is probably their biggest remaining challenge.

CHIP72
November 1st, 2015, 08:41 AM
One other thought - Lehigh's 42-21 win over Penn back in September continues to look better and better.

ngineer
November 1st, 2015, 08:57 AM
One other thought - Lehigh's 42-21 win over Penn back in September continues to look better and better.

No question, although many can say that was Penn's first game and has since become much better. At the same time, Lehigh has shown improvement with the 'aging' of its freshmen. Strange year where comparative scores lose more and more meaning.

CHIP72
November 1st, 2015, 09:02 AM
No question, although many can say that was Penn's first game and has since become much better. At the same time, Lehigh has shown improvement with the 'aging' of its freshmen. Strange year where comparative scores lose more and more meaning.

I really do think the Ivy League teams are at a significant disadvantage in their season openers when they are playing teams already playing their third game of the season.

RichH2
November 1st, 2015, 09:03 AM
Wondered why Edmonds had such a weak performance. Watched about half of the game this AM. Ram OL was a mess. Not so much that Gate DL was great ( its not),Rams were at best flat and seemingly disintersted in finishing blocks. Gate LBs had complete freedom to move. To their credit they missdd few tackles. Edmknds rarely got beyond the LOS without a Raider on him.

CFBfan
November 1st, 2015, 09:09 AM
Wondered why Edmonds had such a weak performance. Watched about half of the game this AM. Ram OL was a mess. Not so much that Gate DL was great ( its not),Rams were at best flat and seemingly disintersted in finishing blocks. Gate LBs had complete freedom to move. To their credit they missdd few tackles. Edmknds rarely got beyond the LOS without a Raider on him.

you nailed it rich, very surprised at how badly the Rams OL looked

ngineer
November 1st, 2015, 09:44 AM
you nailed it rich, very surprised at how badly the Rams OL looked

To beat Fordham you have sell out on stopping Edmonds and dare Rams to throw and hope you either get pressure or DBs can do job. Few years back that is how we stopped Colgate's Eachus at Goodman. It was a horrendous mismatch as 'gate could not throw. Fordham has the ability to throw but their QB is not Nebrich.

Fordham
November 1st, 2015, 10:30 AM
I think Anderson is better than Sr year Nebrich even if he is not at or near (yet) the Jr year Nebrich. Just my opinion but losing Wetzel, Ajala, Tebucky and Dan Light was a huge, huge hit. If Anderson had 2 of those 4 back I think he'd be a lock for All PL and more, ane he would be putting up Nebrich like numbers.

Yes, our OL was a mess. Almost as bad as our secondary.

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2015, 01:11 PM
Back to Patriot League stuff. I leave you with this piece of wisdom: Never poke a sleeping Frankosaurus. With no OL, the Pard running game has been the worst in FCS this year. Frank, and, I guess, his OC, Mickey Fein, decided that they would revert to form against Bucknell. It was gonna happen or they were gonna die trying. They had some success early, but Joe Susan's staff made some adjustments and held the Leopards to 16 yards running in the second half. Did that deter the Frankosaurian brain trust? He!! no. They gave away 1st and sometimes even 2nd down the entire 3rd and 4th quarters. And third or fourth and short was a joke. That REPEATED bump at the middle garnered anywhere from one to minus two yards every time. Not much hope when your coaches can't recognize what's going on in front of them.

I have a funny feeling that the Leopards are going to get healthy this week against another maroon squad we all know and love. Lafayette is due to kick somebody's butt, and decisively. Just watch.

carney2
November 3rd, 2015, 07:46 AM
I have a funny feeling that the Leopards are going to get healthy this week against another maroon squad we all know and love. Lafayette is due to kick somebody's butt, and decisively. Just watch.

There is a lot more going on at Lafayette than just a lack of healthy bodies. You do, however, speak some truth. There is one game left on the schedule that can take some of the pain away. Breathe easy. It isn't this week vs. the Toothpastes. With a bye week following this game and even more guys turning in their crutches, that November 21st date against a really not so good Lehigh could be interesting.