PDA

View Full Version : Who will win this weekend? Vote!

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Who is going to Chattanooga? Montana or UMass? Appy or YSU?

MYTAPPY
December 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
The mighty Mountaineers of course.:D

SpreadtheRed
December 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM
YSU (so I can feel even better about myself about ISU losing to them...twice! :) )and Montana

Ivytalk
December 7th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'm going with both home teams!:nod:

LeopardFan04
December 7th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I'm sticking with ASU/Montana...I picked them both from the beginning of the playoffs (I know, really went out on a limb...) They're just about the only teams/games I've picked correctly so far...

GrizMFr
December 7th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Da Griz!:hurray:

Black Saturday
December 7th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Who is going to Chattanooga? Montana or UMass? Appy or YSU?

UMass and App

BillLuc1982
December 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Wow, you can actually check all four. Instead there should be combination choices like:

Appy/Montana
Appy/UMass
YSU/Montana
YSU/UMass

Computer science degree at work here.

GoGuins
December 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
YSU & UMass since no one is really giving us a chance

Pard4Life
December 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Wow, you can actually check all four. Instead there should be combination choices like:

Appy/Montana
Appy/UMass
YSU/Montana
YSU/UMass

Ugh.... you are totally correct, man I am not thinking here...

I say Appy/Montana

james_lawfirm
December 7th, 2006, 01:53 PM
YSU & UMass since no one is really giving us a chance

Now, wait a minute. I'll give you a chance. I think YSU has more than a "chance". If they come out and play smashmouth football, every play right up the middle, control the clock, keep ASU's offense off the field, hope for some turnovers, they have more than a chance.

YSU's strength = smashmouth football
ASU's strength = spread, no-huddle O; smothering D; good special teams.

These two teams could not look much different. Two different styles of play at the top of their game. This is going to be fun to watch. But from what I have seen, the ASU's O > YSU's O. Therefore, I think ASU will win.

But, I have seen few ASU posters that do not agree that YSU certainly has a chance. Looking forward to Saturday.

WELCOME TO THE ROCK.

FlyYtown
December 7th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Since Day 1: I said YSU - Montana..
No difference today.

YSU---to best the best: you got to beat the best!

DaGriz
December 7th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Da Griz!:hurray:

I wish. I don't think I'll be able to make it this year. I'll be at the game tomorrow though. :D

GaSouthern
December 7th, 2006, 03:03 PM
amazing, both teams have the exact same spread of votes thus far!!!

GrizRick
December 7th, 2006, 03:12 PM
The votes don't add up to 100% on each side of the bracket. Some people must be voting for two teams on the same side of the bracket.

UMass922
December 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
The votes don't add up to 100% on each side of the bracket. Some people must be voting for two teams on the same side of the bracket.

Or just voting for one team rather than two.

Anyway, I voted for ASU and Montana.

ASUMountaineer
December 7th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Now, wait a minute. I'll give you a chance. I think YSU has more than a "chance".

But, I have seen few ASU posters that do not agree that YSU certainly has a chance.

I agree. YSU certainly has a chance...as does UMass. I don't think Appalachian can turn the ball over three times and come away with a win against YSU (although I didn't think we could beat GSU with four). But, YSU is much better than GSU and on a roll. Montana's O has been shaky as of late, and that could be something UMass' defense can exploit. UMass is not favored, but if UM overlooks the Minutemen watch out...maybe UMass should enact the old saying of the UMass bball team from the Calipari/ Camby days, "Refuse to Lose." Both games should be good...I look for ASU to win by two touchdowns and Montana to pull it out in a low-scoring, defensive showdown.

GaSouthern
December 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM
If montana plays ASU then that would mean they have played in a national champ game vs. every SoCon team to ever go to and or win in the big game!!!!!?

Montana vs. Marshall
Montana vs. GSU
Montana vs. Furman
Montana vs. Appy!!!?

BrevardMountaineer03
December 7th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I'm going with both home teams!:nod:

Ditto! Home teams hold serve...(yes I know, another tennis reference.):)

BrevardMountaineer03
December 7th, 2006, 06:01 PM
If montana plays ASU then that would mean they have played in a national champ game vs. every SoCon team to ever go to and or win in the big game!!!!!?

Montana vs. Marshall
Montana vs. GSU
Montana vs. Furman
Montana vs. Appy!!!?

Did Montana ever play Western Carolina? They did go to the title game in the early 80's, I wanna say '83

HaveFunKc
December 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM
In some incredible games this weekend.

Montana over UMass...

App over YSU...

If you like competitve football, this will be fun! :)

james_lawfirm
December 8th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Did Montana ever play Western Carolina? They did go to the title game in the early 80's, I wanna say '83

No, I think Western played Southern Illinois or some team out of the Gateway in the '83 NC. (Western lost.)

Death Dealer
December 8th, 2006, 08:46 AM

Appy/Montana
Appy/UMass
YSU/Montana
YSU/UMass

Yeah, it assumes that only a dumbass would click all four! He doesn't know us very well does he?:smiley_wi Or maybe he does!xlolx

Saluki Fan in FL
December 8th, 2006, 09:10 AM
No, I think Western played Southern Illinois or some team out of the Gateway in the '83 NC. (Western lost.)

Yes, '83 is the year we won it. I don't know who we played off hand.

I'm picking one upset... I say upset NOT because they are the weaker team... but they simply lack in home field advantage. Also because of the #4 ranking. And that's Youngstown State. Yes I am loyal to the Gateway... but I truely believe they can win this one.

Plus I gotta go for the team that beat us... Montana better win. I want to be able to say "we got beat out four straight years by the team that went on to win it all." With that said... Natl. Champ>>>Montana.

Sorry YSU... you have my support until the final game, then I gotta go with the team that'll make us look better.

Good luck this weekend YSU, you need to beat the team we couldn't last year.

GaSouthern
December 8th, 2006, 10:35 AM

you got me

LacesOut
December 8th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I'll go with the two road teams, YSU and UMass, and each winning by the margin of a FG.

BuckeyeGrizzlyFan
December 8th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Grizzlies vs. Penguins

Your 2006 NC game in Chatty!

Down with the Foe!
December 8th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I am shocked at the Montana vs Umass results....very happy, but figured the votes would be flip flopped.

Go Griz - on my way to Missoula in a few

TheValleyRaider
December 8th, 2006, 01:43 PM
It's tough, 2 good matchups, 4 good teams, but 2 very very tough places to play. Montana and Appalachian State get my vote this year. Not sure YSU has quite enough O, and UMass' big weakness is discipline which can be exposed at a place like Missoula. #1 vs. #2, just as the bracket set up.

UMass922
December 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I am shocked at the Montana vs Umass results....very happy, but figured the votes would be flip flopped.

Really? I'm not surprised at all. Given Montana's substantial home-field advantage and the strong anti-UMass sentiment on this board, three-to-one in favor of the Griz sounds about right.

Heck, I voted for Montana.

Grlz
December 8th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Montana and ASU I think. Both could be upset though, which is scary.

GaSouthern
December 8th, 2006, 02:11 PM
GOOOOOOOo APPY-LAY-CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx ;)

The Chain Layers of Appy will crush the flightless birds of todlertown tomorrow.

Grizwold
December 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Griz