PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-24

JALMOND
October 22nd, 2015, 12:22 AM
A little over halfway and I am at 39-18 for the year. Another quest for perfection but this week's games are getting tougher. Maybe there will be some more separation, or else everyone will be getting back together again.

EWU at UNC---Nothing was expected for the Bears this year, but with two conference wins, they are looking pretty good. A win this weekend against the Eagles would really open up some eyes. But,...EWU 38, UNC 21.

ISU at SAC---No doubt better things were expected from both the Bengals and the Hornets and while the Bengals are showing some signs of life, the Hornets are pretty much dead...ISU 38, SAC 20.

East Tennessee State at MSU---Need a jumpstart to your season? Do what the Bobcats do and schedule a DI counter that should be an easy win. With that defense, however, no game is easy...MSU 58, East Tennessee State 31.

UND at UM---The Dakotans have had a dry spell since their win in Portland and now need a win on the Grizzlies home field. But if they think the Grizzlies will just give them the game, they are sorely mistaken...UM 35, UND 17.

PSU at CP---The Mustangs have come up close in many games and now need to win out to have any chance at the playoffs. The Vikings are the feel good story in football right now...PSU 38, CP 35.

SUU at UCD---The Aggies have an impressive win over Northern Arizona. The Thunderbirds have won their last two games by a pair of 44-0 scores. Why not get the third in a row...SUU 44, UCD 0.

WSU at NAU---For once in this series, the Wildcats are flying high and the Lumberjacks are reeling. This will be a strong test to see if the Wildcats are truly a contender. Or not...NAU 29, WSU 25.

mvemjsunpx
October 22nd, 2015, 01:56 AM
Portland St. 35-28 Cal Poly — A must-win for the 'Stangs, but their D just isn't good enough

Suutah 30-14 Davis — Suutah's last exhibition before the real games start

Idaho St. 28-20 Sac State — A battle of lousy teams now playing water boys at quarterback

Weber 24-31 NAU — Go with the Skydome, I guess.

NoDak 10-27 Montana — Good thing the Griz aren't a running team

EWU 45-35 NoCo — A proverbial trap game for the Eags, but they'll get past it

ETSU 10-63 Montana St. — The baby Bucs have an offense even MSU can shut down

bonarae
October 22nd, 2015, 02:47 AM
Portland State
Southern Utah
Idaho State
NAU
Montana
EWU
Montana State

wapiti
October 22nd, 2015, 08:40 AM
Portland St. 28-27 Cal Poly — Another close one for CP. (I have jumped on the PSU bandwagon. Go Vikings)

Suutah 21-24 Davis — "You see Davis" is at home and they can be tough in their own place.

Idaho St. 17-14 Sac State — ISU with a last second field goal.

Weber 24-31 NAU — NAU is tough at home, but the BBQ has shown they can win in a tough environment this year.

NoDak 17-24 Montana — Will UM have either the #1 or #2 QB back for this game? or will #3 be playing again. If #3, this game could go either way; if 1 or 2 UM should win.

EWU 48-32 NoCo — Even against supposed easy opponents, road games can be tough to win. But I see EWU earning a win here.

ETSU 27-52 Montana St. — MSU D has played marginally ok at home. So MSU should get the win.

eiu1999
October 22nd, 2015, 08:54 AM
Portland State
Southern Utah
Idaho State
Weber State
Montana
NC
Montana State

mvemjsunpx
October 22nd, 2015, 09:01 AM
NoDak 17-24 Montana — Will UM have either the #1 or #2 QB back for this game? or will #3 be playing again. If #3, this game could go either way; if 1 or 2 UM should win.

Every indication is that it will be #3. #1 should be back eventually, but not this week. Rumor is #2 is done for the year.

Fortunately NoDak's pass defense sucks.

biobengal
October 22nd, 2015, 09:20 AM
Idaho St. 17-14 Sac State — ISU with a last second field goal.

I don't think ISU has made a FG all year.

wapiti
October 22nd, 2015, 10:48 AM
I don't think ISU has made a FG all year.

Then ISU is overdue to make a FG.

veinup
October 22nd, 2015, 11:09 AM
Then ISU is overdue to make a FG.

lol

EASTERN
ISU
MSU
UND (sorry guyz)
CP (hoping for a good game here)
SUU
NAU

tomq04
October 22nd, 2015, 11:49 AM
Portland St. 35-28 Cal Poly — A must-win for the 'Stangs, but their D just isn't good enough (Agreed)

Suutah 38-13 Davis — SUU hasn't played anyone worth anything, but their Defense will smoke Davis.

Idaho St. 28-14 Sac State — Total toss up...Idaho St fell apart with the backup in, but I think they still have more weapons.

Weber 14-24 NAU — Weber is bad, NAU can sometimes do something...and they are at home.

NoDak 10-27 Montana — Despite this year, I usually take Montana at home.

EWU 45-21 NoCo — EWU defense better their upwards trajectory against another bottom team, EWU RB's will continue looking good.

ETSU 10-63 Montana St. — The baby Bucs have an offense even MSU can shut down

cpalum
October 22nd, 2015, 02:20 PM
CP — because they can win and if they don't win it will get very ugly in SLO

SUU — SUU is underrated and UC Davis is very bad (until they play CP at which point they are tops in the BSC)

ISU — two awful defenses and one good offense

NAU — The Weber bandwagon will breakdown in Flagstaff

UM — because it's in Missoula....really that's the only reason I have

EWU — They win by 21 at least

MSU — MSU still hurting over last week...refocused they win by 14 over this week

F'N Hawks
October 22nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
CP — because they can win and if they don't win it will get very ugly in SLO

SUU — SUU is underrated and UC Davis is very bad (until they play CP at which point they are tops in the BSC)

ISU — two awful defenses and one good offense

NAU — The Weber bandwagon will breakdown in Flagstaff

UM — because it's in Missoula....really that's the only reason I have

EWU — They win by 21 at least

MSU — MSU still hurting over last week...refocused they win by 14 over this week

If MSU only beats the Bucs by 14 they might fire Ash on the spot. The line is 53.5.

I think Poly will beat Portland, too. Obviously, will be a great game but they didn't handle UND's running attack very well at all and it's the only running team they have faced this year.

Silenoz
October 22nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
MSU is a running team. Or rather, passing team that runs off half its pass plays

F'N Hawks
October 22nd, 2015, 02:30 PM
MSU is a running team. Or rather, passing team that runs off half its pass plays

They are not a power running team that wants to come right at you with fullbacks and TE's. They use the spread game to run the ball. Big difference. Barnum even said they didn't handle it well and got punched in the mouth (vs UND).

Bisonwinagn
October 22nd, 2015, 11:14 PM
Why are people down on Montana St? They will be ahead 80-0 in the first half. They are playing a really really bad team.

mvemjsunpx
October 23rd, 2015, 12:21 AM
Why are people down on Montana St? They will be ahead 80-0 in the first half. They are playing a really really bad team.

I don't think everyone realizes how bad ETSU is.

Walkon79
October 23rd, 2015, 10:21 AM
lol

EASTERN
ISU
MSU
UND (sorry guyz)
CP (hoping for a good game here)
SUU
NAU

Wow! Not that I don't think it's a possibility...

Cats and Griz fighting for their playoff lives from now on. I'm just glad we get a relative breather this week. The confidence of our defense must be shaken like no time in our history. Kinda the same with the Griz offense I suppose.

I Bleed Purple
October 23rd, 2015, 05:27 PM
Tells you how bad the BSC is when the pretty much consensus 4th ranked team according to the other thread is almost unanimously predicted to lose at the 8th ranked team.

Probably shouldn't have ranked 'em 4. Pretty much given the last two games. Now I'll go on thinking they should win tomorrow and they'll lose.

slostang
October 24th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Tells you how bad the BSC is when the pretty much consensus 4th ranked team according to the other thread is almost unanimously predicted to lose at the 8th ranked team.

Probably shouldn't have ranked 'em 4. Pretty much given the last two games. Now I'll go on thinking they should win tomorrow and they'll lose.First off I think #4 is a little high for WSU and if NAU played ONLY at home they probably be the 3rd or 4th ranked team. NAU is a difficult challenge in the Sky Dome. Just ask Montana State.

Red & Black
October 24th, 2015, 10:16 AM
EWU by 10 at UNC

ISU at SAC by 7

East Tennessee State at MSU by 28

UND at UM by 14

PSU by 14 at CP

SUU bt 28 at UCD

WSU at NAU by 7

JALMOND
October 24th, 2015, 11:44 PM
A little over halfway and I am at 39-18 for the year. Another quest for perfection but this week's games are getting tougher. Maybe there will be some more separation, or else everyone will be getting back together again.

EWU at UNC---Nothing was expected for the Bears this year, but with two conference wins, they are looking pretty good. A win this weekend against the Eagles would really open up some eyes. But,...EWU 38, UNC 21.

ISU at SAC---No doubt better things were expected from both the Bengals and the Hornets and while the Bengals are showing some signs of life, the Hornets are pretty much dead...ISU 38, SAC 20.

East Tennessee State at MSU---Need a jumpstart to your season? Do what the Bobcats do and schedule a DI counter that should be an easy win. With that defense, however, no game is easy...MSU 58, East Tennessee State 31.

UND at UM---The Dakotans have had a dry spell since their win in Portland and now need a win on the Grizzlies home field. But if they think the Grizzlies will just give them the game, they are sorely mistaken...UM 35, UND 17.

PSU at CP---The Mustangs have come up close in many games and now need to win out to have any chance at the playoffs. The Vikings are the feel good story in football right now...PSU 38, CP 35.

SUU at UCD---The Aggies have an impressive win over Northern Arizona. The Thunderbirds have won their last two games by a pair of 44-0 scores. Why not get the third in a row...SUU 44, UCD 0.

WSU at NAU---For once in this series, the Wildcats are flying high and the Lumberjacks are reeling. This will be a strong test to see if the Wildcats are truly a contender. Or not...NAU 29, WSU 25.

6-1 this week and got the PSU/Poly score correct. 45-19 for the year.

veinup
October 24th, 2015, 11:45 PM
my picks sucked as usual

glad i was wrong about UM tho