PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 8 - Pick 'em

RedFlash
October 21st, 2015, 11:12 AM
Week 8 schedule - with records vs. D-1 opponents

St. Francis (3-2, 1-0) at Bryant (2-3, 1-1)
CCSU (1-5, 1-1) at Sacred Heart (3-2, 1-0)
Duquesne (2-3, 1-1) at Robert Morris (1-4, 1-1)
Wagner (0-6, 0-2) at BYU (5-2)

Going with my heart in picking StFU this week. If OL plays like they did last week, they'll have a chance.
Expecting a high scoring game between CCSU and SHU.
Expecting the opposite with Duquesne and RMU. RMU's defense has been really good this season, but unless they get some defensive scores, the Dukes win this one.
Not much to say about Wagner/BYU.

blackbeard
October 21st, 2015, 02:34 PM
St Francis
SHU
Duquesne
BYU

A little correction to your records, SHU is 4-2 and 1-0 in conference. Looks like their game next week at St Francis may have some huge conference implications with both Bryant and Duquesne not performing to expectations. SFU has had SHU's number in recent years.

RedFlash
October 21st, 2015, 02:51 PM
A little correction to your records, SHU is 4-2 and 1-0 in conference. Looks like their game next week at St Francis may have some huge conference implications with both Bryant and Duquesne not performing to expectations. SFU has had SHU's number in recent years.

Thanks for catching my conference record error. I will correct that. As for the overall record, I was just including games vs. D-1 opponents to try to get a better feel for how these teams will perform in NEC Conference games.

Completely agree on next week's game, assuming SFU can win this week. If they do, next week's game will be huge for them.

eiu1999
October 21st, 2015, 03:23 PM
St Francis
Sacred Heart
Robert Morris
BYU

UNHWildcat18
October 21st, 2015, 05:39 PM
Bryant
Sacred Heart
Robert Morris
BYU

Just watched the highlights of bryant vs duquesne, the new athletic training facility looks awesome in the endzone. 8,000 people for homecoming. Really wondering when they will mention maybe putting in a student section in the other endzone or maybe more seats on the away side... Along with going to 63 scholarships. Very jealous they will have a IPF soon too

bonarae
October 21st, 2015, 05:49 PM
St. Francis
Sacred Heart
Robert Morris
BYU - by around 50-70 xlolx

RedFlash
October 22nd, 2015, 08:00 AM
Just watched the highlights of bryant vs duquesne, the new athletic training facility looks awesome in the endzone. 8,000 people for homecoming. Really wondering when they will mention maybe putting in a student section in the other endzone or maybe more seats on the away side... Along with going to 63 scholarships. Very jealous they will have a IPF soon too

Completely agree with you on what Bryant has done with the new athletic training facility and the IPF they are planning. Definitely positioning themselves for an invite to a stronger football conference if a spot becomes available.

UNHWildcat18
October 22nd, 2015, 11:17 AM
Completely agree with you on what Bryant has done with the new athletic training facility and the IPF they are planning. Definitely positioning themselves for an invite to a stronger football conference if a spot becomes available.

Yeah I really think they are going to pull a Monmouth soon. May sound like the crazy uncle, but I think Bryant heads to the AE soon after going to 63 in I would assume the big south. They can't go to the CAA unless they invest in a larger stadium. Which if given success and money they could always look to do that years down the road.

Catsfan90
October 22nd, 2015, 11:28 AM
Yeah I really think they are going to pull a Monmouth soon. May sound like the crazy uncle, but I think Bryant heads to the AE soon after going to 63 in I would assume the big south. They can't go to the CAA unless they invest in a larger stadium. Which if given success and money they could always look to do that years down the road.
How about Bryant replaced Rhode Island?

UNHWildcat18
October 22nd, 2015, 11:57 AM
How about Bryant replaced Rhode Island?

Unless they A upgrade their stadium and B Rhody drops football then I don't see it happening. They would probably beat rhode island this year though lol

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 24th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Well, St. Francis woke up too late. Falls to 4-3 on the year. On to Sacred Heart. The FCS Holy War.