PDA

View Full Version : Title Game: Tickets Sold (so far), Final Four Team Requests...

chattanoogamocs
December 7th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Greater Chattanooga Sports and Events Committee president Merrill Eckstein says...

More than 8,000 tickets have been sold locally.

Last year's title game resulted in a record economic impact of $2.5 million for Chattanooga. The tickets sales were strong enough last year for a $27K surplus for the GCSEC...$15K of that will be spent next week for a commemoration of the title game's 10th anniversary in Chattanooga. :thumbsup:

Final Four Official Ticket Requests:
Appalachian State 7,500
Youngstown State 5,000
Montana 2,500
Massachusetts 1,000.

UMass purchased 423 tickets in 1998
(the smallest official amount requested since the game was moved to Chattanooga).

(NOTE: before anyone gets all up in arms with the numbers above...I can see some flaming coming :) ...these number do not mean that this is all that actually supported each school...just how many were officially sold/request from each member institution historically...I am sure many tickets were also bought day of, or directly from thru the net too...please don't kill the messenger)

ncguitarplyr
December 7th, 2006, 01:13 AM
appalachian is closest to chattanooga and it was our first ever national championship....that would be pathetic if we weren't first

umassfan
December 7th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Greater Chattanooga Sports and Events Committee president Merrill Eckstein says...

More than 8,000 tickets have been sold locally.

Last year's title game resulted in a record economic impact of $2.5 million for Chattanooga. The tickets sales were strong enough last year for a $27K surplus for the GCSEC...$15K of that will be spent next week for a commemoration of the title game's 10th anniversary in Chattanooga. :thumbsup:

Final Four Official Ticket Requests:
Appalachian State 7,500
Youngstown State 5,000
Montana 2,500
Massachusetts 1,000.

UMass purchased 423 tickets in 1998
(the smallest official amount requested since the game was moved to Chattanooga).

(NOTE: before anyone gets all up in arms with the numbers above...I can see some flaming coming :) ...these number do not mean that this is all that actually supported each school...just how many were officially sold/request from each member institution historically...I am sure many tickets were also bought day of, or directly from thru the net too...please don't kill the messenger)
If UMass wins saturday... there will be alot more then 1000 UMass fans there.

AlphaSigMD
December 7th, 2006, 02:07 AM
If UMass wins saturday... there will be alot more then 1000 UMass fans there.

I get the feeling from my roomate (a UMass alum) that a lot of UMass students feel as if they are "too good" for the "common game" of football.

For the most part, he says that there is not a big football following in the student body at all...but I am sure that perhaps a lot of the fans may just be in the area, and not alumni, or just a smaller die-hard clatch. "a lot of people there never go to a football game in all 4 years".

I

thmst30
December 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Record economic impact huh? I bet Chatty would LOVE to have us back. Hopefully we can do it for them.

GoGuins
December 7th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Last time YSU was there they brought 4-5k but were clearly outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 by GSU fans.