PDA

View Full Version : Chatty Visitors Side Sold Out?

spoogemcgee18
December 6th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I'm trying to buy national championship tickets, but it appears as though the visitors side is completely sold out? This can't be true!
BTW, if any Youngstown State fan has good seats on that side and wants to get rid of 'em should YSU lose, I'll buy your tix and pick them up in Y-Town or anywhere in NE Ohio.

GoGuins
December 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't think any YSU fans have tix yet. If we beat ASU, they will go on sale Sunday after the game

ncguitarplyr
December 6th, 2006, 06:46 PM
geez are they really going this fast?...we haven't even sold out our damn semifinal game how can the national championship be soldout?

APPST '93
December 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM
They hold the visitor's side until after Saturdays game. Winner gets the tickets. As always, they put the team with the most fans on the visitor's side (looks better on TV).

Griz0383
December 6th, 2006, 06:50 PM
WHAT??? who's buying them? the teams get the majority of the tickets don't they!!!!

appmountaineermaniac
December 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
appst93-are you sure about that? so does that mean I can get tickets near the front rows between the 45-50-45 yard lines

GoGuins
December 6th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I know when YSU last played there in '99, we were on the visiting side and were able to get tix in b/n the 40's a day after our semifinal game. Same in '97

APPST '93
December 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM
appst93-are you sure about that? so does that mean I can get tickets near the front rows between the 45-50-45 yard lines

Yes. Good luck. They are the first to go. You'll need to stand in line or get lucky over the phone. I sat in 227 last year.

December 6th, 2006, 08:15 PM
... they put the team with the most fans on the visitor's side...No, they do a coin flip to determine who gets which side. :nod:

MrEvents
December 6th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Here's what I know (which may not be much but it's more than what you may know).

Actually, tickets are delivered to each winning school THIS Saturday. All four schools have been polled as to how many they think they can sell. Not sure of the numbers but I would "assume" the losing teams tickets would be returned to the inventory. BTW, local ticket sales are exceeding previous years. There is a new online purchasing program that can be acessed thru the UTC web site (gomocs.com).

Hope this information is of assistance.

MrEvents

Guard Dawg
December 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
You can buy tickets to the championship game on-line... you can even pick your exact tickets. A lot of the tickets have been bought up the last few weeks. They have already made the announcement the MONTANA/Umass winner gets the home side, ASU/YSU winner get the visitor side.

http://sabo.seatadvisor.com/sabo/servlets/TicketRequest?eventId=25770&presenter=UTCA&venue=finley&event=

ButlerGSU
December 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
geez are they really going this fast?...we haven't even sold out our damn semifinal game how can the national championship be soldout?

People besides the teams involved buy them. I have two but as of right now I'm still planning to drive up.

December 6th, 2006, 08:22 PM
... There is a new online purchasing program that can be acessed thru the UTC web site (gomocs.com)...Actually MrEvents and Guard Dawg, the online purchasing link is accessible by clicking the banner that appears on every AGS page (or the ticket in my signature). See the "Click Here for 2006 Division I Football Championship Coverage" banner? You can also go online to buy the program too by clicking on the banner.

placidlakegriz
December 6th, 2006, 08:28 PM

WE HAVE:)

APPST '93
December 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM
No, they do a coin flip to determine who gets which side. :nod:

Tell me who flips the coin. You people keep saying it but no one can prove it.

We all know that the team who brings more people gets the visitor side.

BR AppMan
December 6th, 2006, 08:49 PM
I bought my tix.online at GOmocs.com over a month ago. They gave me the option to pick my seats anywhere an the stadium whith the exception of two sections. They must have put a hold on the remaining tickets.

MrEvents
December 6th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Ralph...you are so resourceful!!! Hopefully I can be of assistance with anything you might not know about the NC Game.

For instance, Country Music Entertainer Trace Adkins will be singing the National Anthem.

Thanks!

MrEvents

December 6th, 2006, 09:01 PM
... Hopefully I can be of assistance with anything you might not know about the NC Game...Thank you MrEvents as always!! Are they doing anything the day before the game?
Pregame activities will "officially" begin at First Tennessee Pavilion (adjacent to Finley Stadium) at 4:00pm. Pregame activities include the following:

-NCAA Fan Fest
Coca-Cola Spirit of Champions
Pontiac Dealer Tour
-U.S. Army Golden Knights sky dive performance (www.goldenknights.com)
-National Anthem performance by multi-platinum Capitol recording artist Trace Adkins (www.traceadkins.com)
-Food, fun, live radio broadcasts, and more!!
http://www.chattanoogafun.com/div1/PREGAME.ASP

MrEvents
December 6th, 2006, 09:08 PM
For the General Public, there will be a Parade on Thursday evening and an Open House at Finley, along with the Golden Knights practicing. Fans can go on the field and in the locker rooms, etc.

There will also be a VIP Reception for the dignitaries and also the Awards Program will be at the Sheraton Read House.

December 6th, 2006, 09:10 PM
For the Generl Public, there will be a Parade on Thursday evening and an Open House at Finley...Okay, great, they are doing the parade and open house/Golden Knights again. Link?

tarmac
December 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Why are they holding the entire visitors side and not the home side?

appmountaineermaniac
December 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
MrEvents, assuming ASU makes it to Chattanooga what time will the reserved sections tickets go on sale on the visitor side, whats the easiest way to get some great seats that are on hold, and will they be the sections between the 40 yard lines and all of the rows. I would love to get several tickets for one of the first five rows near the fifty yard line.

MrEvents
December 6th, 2006, 09:51 PM
MrEvents, assuming ASU makes it to Chattanooga what time will the reserved sections tickets go on sale on the visitor side, whats the easiest way to get some great seats that are on hold, and will they be the sections between the 40 yard lines and all of the rows. I would love to get several tickets for one of the first five rows near the fifty yard line.

I would check the web site everyday, as it is supposed to be in real time, meaning that it keeps up with what is available and what has been sold. I don't know if/when tickets are re-entered into the system. Common sense tells me that two teams will lose this weekend and those schools tickets would become available at some point. How many...no idea. You could possibly buy tickets from another/opposing school. But that would be taking a chance I don't think you want to take and I doubt you wuld get the seats you want. I think the more correct answer would be to buy them in advance, and that would be like several weeks ago, and perhaps buy them onboth sides of the Satdium. Locally they were $10.00 until a week or so ago and I think online too.

Sorry to be so vague. It's not an area of responsibility for me but I have heard some discussion about them in meetings, etc.

MrEvents

Guard Dawg
December 6th, 2006, 10:20 PM
They have been $20.00 plus add on fee for quite a few weeks now on-line. I think the discount tickets were only available at local places in Chattanooga.

bkrownd
December 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Can the Grizzzzzzzzzzz deliver hordes to Tennessee, or are their fans developing a "been-there-done-that" attitude?

Ronbo
December 6th, 2006, 11:06 PM
I'd bet we get 8-9,000 there. What can UMass do?

bkrownd
December 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'd bet we get 8-9,000 there. What can UMass do?

Well, certainly better than last time, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot unless they somehow do infinitely better at promoting the program now than they used to. Certainly nothing like the crowd that went to the lacrosse final. (Which is funny since the home game crowds for lacrosse are much smaller than the football crowds - lacrosse fans are much more hardcore.)

appfan2008
December 7th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I do not understand how the visitor stands were already sold out? We dont even know who is playing... I was planning on waiting for APP to make it official and then buy my ticket... is it tooo late??????

APPST '93
December 7th, 2006, 05:37 AM
I do not understand how the visitor stands were already sold out? We dont even know who is playing... I was planning on waiting for APP to make it official and then buy my ticket... is it tooo late??????

YSU or ASU will be selling tickets on Sunday or Monday for the visitor side. (Blocked off remaining seats) The only way to get tickets on the visitor side at this point is to wait until the Saturday game is over. NOTE: You will have to get the tickets through the school.

appfan2008
December 7th, 2006, 09:43 AM
ok so as a student if asu wins i can go to holmes center or goasu.com on sunday and still get a tic on the visitor side?

mcveyrl
December 7th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Can the Grizzzzzzzzzzz deliver hordes to Tennessee, or are their fans developing a "been-there-done-that" attitude?

In 2004 I was blown away at the Griz side. It looked like it was full. They'll be there if they make it and it will be impressive (particularly considering that they're coming from Montana).

MYTAPPY
December 7th, 2006, 09:55 AM
YSU or ASU will be selling tickets on Sunday or Monday for the visitor side. (Blocked off remaining seats) The only way to get tickets on the visitor side at this point is to wait until the Saturday game is over. NOTE: You will have to get the tickets through the school.

Im an Alum. There is no way to get visitor side tickets through UTC like I did last year?. Not being a student anymore, can I still get them through goasu??

Griswold
December 7th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Im an Alum. There is no way to get visitor side tickets through UTC like I did last year?. Not being a student anymore, can I still get them through goasu??

I was told this morning when I called the ASU ticket office that tickets will NOT be available on-line and that they will not available over the phone till 9am Monday. The only way you can get them before Monday morning is in person at the ASU ticket office, where they will go on sale after the game Saturday.

ButlerGSU
December 7th, 2006, 10:15 AM

They should offer you tickets if you are a Booster.

I know Southern Boosters here at GSU get first dibs on all high profile tickets, such as the UGA game in 2008 and Navy in 2009.

Richmond Mountaineer
December 7th, 2006, 10:18 AM
It's my understanding from the ASU ticket office that they already have a hold for tickets for sections 121-129 and 221 - 229 and they are already sold out.

appmountaineermaniac
December 7th, 2006, 10:32 AM
So after calling and talking to someone at the ticket office I was informed the middle section seats will only be available for yosef club and season ticket holders how dumb. Well they better be loud because as a student thats some bs they should let us get the close seats to be loud!

APPST '93
December 7th, 2006, 10:39 AM
ASU
If we win, tickets will be on sale after the game Saturday (approx 1 hr). Side note: Yosef Club Members will be in a seperate line.

December 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM
going back to Chatty...

http://www.i-aa.org/stats/2005/champ/Finley_Stadium_diagram.jpg

appfan2008
December 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
on sale one hour after the game at the holmes center? or KBS?
I know if we win I will run to either location and get in line immediately

appmountaineermaniac
December 7th, 2006, 10:52 AM
according to the ticket office at kidd brewer stadium is the location. that is such bs the yosef club that doesnt get loud like students gets the good seats between the two 40 yard lines and will be closest. if any gracious club member is willing to buy me some great seats let me know ill gladly appreciate it! thanks!

ASU Kep
December 7th, 2006, 02:00 PM
thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard...I'm pretty sure most Yosef club members wouldn't even have a problemgiving up their seats for a much louder student section.

AgentPaul001
December 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Yah, BS. Games gonne be on ESPN, we've got to get loud :)

Instead we'll be shuttled off to the GA sides. Either way we'll still get it rockin if we got back to chatty.