PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 7

superman7515
October 18th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Week 7 is in the books and there was a lot going on in the Top 25. Seven teams lost, four of them now have to win out to get to that magic 7 win mark, and things weren't exactly all chalk for the teams just outside the Top 25 either. Remember that the Sagarin Rankings are through last weeks games until you see the asterisks removed and that the results hyperlink to recap articles to help give a little more insight than just a box score.

It's going to be another interesting week filling out those poll ballots, so if you notice any errors, please let me know so I can get them corrected and thank you all for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week and for your help in keeping it accurate and useful!

Congratulations to the James Madison Dukes for being the first to clinch seven D1 wins this season and a reminder...
Green = 7 D1 wins
Yellow = Must win out for 7 D1 wins
Red = Can't reach 7 D1 wins

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V9cvgUoc_eQx_PKDOYBZaSCwCJN04Za2lhKhGSuDOsE/edit?usp=sharing

BEAR
October 18th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Sad not to see my Bears on there but we lost our starting 2 QBs...Great defense that held McNeese to 160 yards offense, 47 in the first half...sadly a backup QB just couldn't get it done and we turned it over too many times. 3-3 but we have some winnable games if we can get our QBs healthy.

superman7515
October 18th, 2015, 12:17 AM
But that's not all!!! We have a few more teams that can no longer make it to seven D1 wins, so unless you make a big run for the conference title... Turn off the lights, the show is over!

Big Sky:
Idaho State
Sacramento State
UC Davis

Big South:
Gardner-Webb
Presbyterian

Colonial:
Albany
Elon
Rhode Island

MEAC: (Still eligible for at-large bids)
Delaware State
Florida A&M
Howard
Savannah State

MVFC:
Missouri State

NEC:
Central Connecticut State
Robert Morris
Wagner

OVC:
Austin Peay
Murray State
Southeast Missouri State
Tennessee Tech

Patriot:
Lafayette

Pioneer:
Davidson
Drake
Stetson
Valparaiso

Southern:
VMI

Southland:
Houston Baptist
Nicholls State
Northwestern State
Stephen F Austin

SWAC: (Still eligible for at-large bids)
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Jackson State
Mississippi Valley State
Texas Southern

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Honestly glad I don't have to vote this week. Good luck guys!

superman7515
October 18th, 2015, 02:29 AM
I went back in and added the Strength of Schedule this week because there are so many 4-2/4-3 teams. That's the SOS rank in FCS, so Northern Iowa's SOS of #1 is #1 in the FCS, I'm not claiming they're #1 in all of Division 1. On the flip side, the Jacksonville Dolphins SOS of #123 is #123 out of the 125 teams in the FCS, not #123 out of the 250+ plus football teams in Division 1.

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Is the vs AGS top 25 stat as of today or when the game was played? Coastal is listed as 0-0 although they have a win over #23 WIU.

Tribe4SF
October 18th, 2015, 04:03 AM
Is the vs AGS top 25 stat as of today or when the game was played? Coastal is listed as 0-0 although they have a win over #23 WIU.

That's at the time the game was played.

RabidRabbit
October 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Such a wonderful tool. And appreciate the added SOS, Sagarin's columns. Helps clarify who's earning quality wins, vs those taking a soft schedule.

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Southern Utah and Portland State are rolling. The Tbirds should definitely be ranked, and PSU should be in the top 10.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Southern Utah and Portland State are rolling. The Tbirds should definitely be ranked, and PSU should be in the top 10.

I'm also in that line of thinking. Additionally, I am wondering what to do with Charleston Southern in the coming weeks if they keep winning. Potentially big game coming up in the Big South on Halloween.

caribbeanhen
October 18th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Bison might fall to # 2 and north Iowa in danger of falling out of top 10.

Milktruck74
October 18th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I'm also in that line of thinking. Additionally, I am wondering what to do with Charleston Southern in the coming weeks if they keep winning. Potentially big game coming up in the Big South on Halloween.

Did you guys look at my poll??? I've got Chuck South in there at 21, PSU at 8 and the TBirds at 22 (I think).... Lots of good teams out there and the good ones are creeping up on the Greats...This week was harder to place than week 1 and 2....let the shuffling begin.

KPSUL
October 18th, 2015, 09:40 AM
I don't understand how SELU has a strength of schedule of 13? They played one FBS against a MAC team. The only OOC game they've played is Div 2 Florida Tech. The rest of the schedule is against Southland opponents and they don't have SHSU on the 2015 schedule. For comparison, McNeese has a SOS of 98, SHSU 89.

caribbeanhen
October 18th, 2015, 09:45 AM
I don't understand how SELU has a strength of schedule of 13? They played one FBS against a MAC team. The only OOC game they've played is Div 2 Florida Tech. The rest of the schedule is against Southland opponents and they don't have SHSU on the 2015 schedule. For comparison, McNeese has a SOS of 98, SHSU 89.

maybe the accountant lives in Hammond but you bring up a good point

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 09:50 AM
That's at the time the game was played.

Thanks. I know it would be a lot more work but I think it is misleading though. Who cares what the ranking was at the time they played - especially the early season games? What matters is where the team is ranked currently and especially at the end of the season.

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Did you guys look at my poll??? I've got Chuck South in there at 21, PSU at 8 and the TBirds at 22 (I think).... Lots of good teams out there and the good ones are creeping up on the Greats...This week was harder to place than week 1 and 2....let the shuffling begin.

We're seeing it the same.

kdinva
October 18th, 2015, 10:40 AM
thanks for the work you put into these spreadsheets!

superman7515
October 18th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Thanks. I know it would be a lot more work but I think it is misleading though. Who cares what the ranking was at the time they played - especially the early season games? What matters is where the team is ranked currently and especially at the end of the season.

While I understand the thought behind that, we have this discussion every season. There is absolutely no one that does this. The FBS football polls that show records vs Top 25 opponents all show them as against teams that were in the Top 25 at the time of the game. The NCAA basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, hockey, etc etc etc. all show them as record at the time the game was played. Historical records from every team show the record against Top 25 teams from the time the game was played. If you knock of #1 Alabama and by the end of the season they are no longer ranked, they don't go back and say you never beat a ranked team. Appalachian State beat #5 Michigan, not #18 Michigan, in 2007. James Madison beat #13 Virginia Tech, not #12 Virginia Tech. There would literally be thousands of wins over ranked opponents stricken from the NCAA record book if that approach was taken. If someone is interested in doing it that way, I'll gladly link to your work or include it directly in the spreadsheet with credit to whoever wants to do it, but oddly enough, no one ever volunteers, haha.

birdsflyhigh
October 18th, 2015, 11:12 AM
The ISU Redbirds now have the 4th toughest SOS, are 5-1 (sitting atop the best FCS conference) and yet still deemed by AGS to only be in the top 5. ISU has been a running MASH unit this season, still passed every FCS test, and the only setback is a beatdown by a soon-to be top 10 Iowa team that may run the table.

Think if you compare FCS resumes as of now the Birds (even with all the injuries) have shown to be at least in consideration for the #1 spot in FCS.

superman7515
October 18th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Just updated the Sagarin rankings, will have the SOS updated in about 5. But while we're on the subject, I added the SOS to help myself out because there are so many teams hanging around at 4-3/4-2/3-3 this week that the last few spots of my poll are just as cloudy as ever.

So what 4-3/3-3 team that isn't getting much love from the AGS community should I be giving a second look to for inclusion? Not asking where you have them ranked, don't want the thread getting closed, or even if you have them ranked, maybe it's a team that you have hanging around just outside but is worth mentioning to the voters to watch. But who in the group do you think isn't getting enough attention?

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2015, 11:19 AM

I haven't yet pulled the trigger on CSU but if they win next week I will likely consider it. If they are 7-1 after CCU then no question they should make an appearance.

Also, SHHHHHH! I don't think we supposed to talk specifics about how we ranked teams before the poll is released. Speak in generalities and you'll be safe. xpeacex

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Just updated the Sagarin rankings, will have the SOS updated in about 5. But while we're on the subject, I added the SOS to help myself out because there are so many teams hanging around at 4-3/4-2/3-3 this week that the last few spots of my poll are just as cloudy as ever.

So what 4-3/3-3 team that isn't getting much love from the AGS community should I be giving a second look to for inclusion? Not asking where you have them ranked, don't want the thread getting closed, or even if you have them ranked, maybe it's a team that you have hanging around just outside but is worth mentioning to the voters to watch. But who in the group do you think isn't getting enough attention?

Nova and Weber deserve a looksie.

Nova still has one of the better LB's in the nation and Talley is a great coach. Weber has solid wins the last two weeks @ Montana and against UND. If they can go into NAU and pull out a win I see them finishing no worse than 7-4 against a current SOS of 15.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 11:31 AM
The ISU Redbirds now have the 4th toughest SOS, are 5-1 (sitting atop the best FCS conference) and yet still deemed by AGS to only be in the top 5. ISU has been a running MASH unit this season, still passed every FCS test, and the only setback is a beatdown by a soon-to be top 10 Iowa team that may run the table.

Think if you compare FCS resumes as of now the Birds (even with all the injuries) have shown to be at least in consideration for the #1 spot in FCS.

I won't argue the rest, but Iowa will not be in the Top 10 soon. They don't play Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St or Ohio St

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2015, 11:34 AM

I was thinking about this very topic last night as well. Below are some teams I was jostling with in no particular order:

Southern Utah
Northern Arizona
Weber State
Charleston Southern
Villanova
Towson
New Hampshire
Princeton
Yale
NC A&T
South Dakota
Eastern Illinois
The Citadel
Furman
Western Carolina
Central Arkansas

Side note: no idea what the hell to do with a 2-4 UNI team.

birdsflyhigh
October 18th, 2015, 11:37 AM
No offense Rob, but the Hawkeyes were sitting at #15-17 in the polls before they went on the road and crushed up (by over 4 TDs) fellow top 20 team Northwestern.
They are now 7-0 and don't look to be challenged until the final game at Nebraska and even that is not unwinnable.

ElCid
October 18th, 2015, 11:40 AM
I was thinking about this very topic last night as well. Below are some teams I was jostling with in no particular order:

Southern Utah
Northern Arizona
Weber State
Charleston Southern
Villanova
Towson
New Hampshire
Princeton
Yale
NC A&T
South Dakota
Eastern Illinois
The Citadel
Furman
Western Carolina
Central Arkansas

I was doing the same. I will shamefully put a plug in for my Dogs after a convincing road victory, which you have, but did not see Tenn-Martin on you list. They also at least deserve a look. 4-2 and better SOS than some teams in the poll......

superman7515
October 18th, 2015, 11:41 AM
SOS is updated now as well.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2015, 11:46 AM
I was doing the same. I will shamefully put a plug in for my Dogs after a convincing road victory, which you have, but did not see Tenn-Martin on you list. They also at least deserve a look. 4-2 and better SOS than some teams in the poll......

Yes. I can see how Tenn-Martin should be considered, although they played Bethel (NAIA) so I think technically they are viewed as 3-2. They played JSU tough though. They could be a late season riser if they keep winning.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 12:14 PM
No offense Rob, but the Hawkeyes were sitting at #15-17 in the polls before they went on the road and crushed up (by over 4 TDs) fellow top 20 team Northwestern.
They are now 7-0 and don't look to be challenged until the final game at Nebraska and even that is not unwinnable.

Soon to be implies this week, if not next. Not sometime this season.

Rollbird5
October 18th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Soon to be implies this week, if not next. Not sometime this season.
Iowa is #12 in the nation now as of poll that just came out, so pretty close

KPSUL
October 18th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Nova and Weber deserve a looksie.

Nova still has one of the better LB's in the nation and Talley is a great coach. Weber has solid wins the last two weeks @ Montana and against UND. If they can go into NAU and pull out a win I see them finishing no worse than 7-4 against a current SOS of 15.

I gave Weber a hard look, but Southern Utah is a team that Weber is competing with for a 21-25 slot. Weber has the better quality wins as you mention but Southern Utah defeated them 44-0 and that gives the T-Birds the clear nod in my estimation.

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 01:49 PM
While I understand the thought behind that, we have this discussion every season. There is absolutely no one that does this. The FBS football polls that show records vs Top 25 opponents all show them as against teams that were in the Top 25 at the time of the game. The NCAA basketball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, hockey, etc etc etc. all show them as record at the time the game was played. Historical records from every team show the record against Top 25 teams from the time the game was played. If you knock of #1 Alabama and by the end of the season they are no longer ranked, they don't go back and say you never beat a ranked team. Appalachian State beat #5 Michigan, not #18 Michigan, in 2007. James Madison beat #13 Virginia Tech, not #12 Virginia Tech. There would literally be thousands of wins over ranked opponents stricken from the NCAA record book if that approach was taken. If someone is interested in doing it that way, I'll gladly link to your work or include it directly in the spreadsheet with credit to whoever wants to do it, but oddly enough, no one ever volunteers, haha.

Just knocked this out quickly so there may be a few mistakes. It can change even more when the poll comes out tomorrow and a number of these teams drop out while a few others move in.

Ranking
Team
Record vs AGS top 25 (10/17/15)
Detail

North Dakota State Bison
2-1
Loss @ #22 Montana
Win vs #7 SDSU
Win vs #9 UNI

Jacksonville State Gamecocks
1-0
Win vs #6 UTC

James Madison Dukes
0-0

Illinois State Redbirds
2-0
Win vs #9 UNI
Win vs #13 YSU

Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
1-0
Win vs #23 WIU

Chattanooga Mocs
0-1
Loss vs #2 JSU

South Dakota State Jackrabbits
2-1
Loss vs #1 NDSU
Win vs #21 ISUb
Win @ #13 YSU

Eastern Washington Eagles
1-1
Loss @ #9 UNI
Win vs #18 MSU

Northern Iowa Panthers
1-3
Win vs #8 EWU
Loss @ #4 ISUr
Loss #1 NDSU
Loss vs #23 WIU

McNeese State Cowboys
1-0
Win vs #20 SLU

Portland State Vikings
1-0
Win vs #18 MSU

Fordham Rams
0-0

Youngstown State Penguins
0-2
Loss vs #4 ISUr
Loss vs #7 SDSU

Sam Houston State Bearkats
0-0

Eastern Kentucky Colonels
0-0

Richmond Spiders
0-0

William & Mary Tribe
1-0
Win vs #24 UNH

Montana State Bobcats
0-2
Loss @ #8 EWU
Loss @ #11 PSU

Harvard Crimson
0-0

Southeastern Louisiana Lions
0-1
Loss @ #10 McNeese

Indiana State Sycamores
0-1
Loss @ #7 SDSU

Montana Grizzlies
1-1
Win vs #1 NDSU
Loss vs #25 Liberty

Western Illinois Leathernecks
1-1
Loss @ #5 CCU
Win@ #9 UNI

New Hampshire Wildcats
0-1
Loss @ #17 W&M

Liberty Flames
0-1
Win vs #22 Montana

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 01:56 PM

They are the F'n Fordham of FBS. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know Robertson's status with Villanova? Is he coming back?

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I gave Weber a hard look, but Southern Utah is a team that Weber is competing with for a 21-25 slot. Weber has the better quality wins as you mention but Southern Utah defeated them 44-0 and that gives the T-Birds the clear nod in my estimation.

Agreed, I just had a hard time finding anyone for that 20-25 stretch.

REALBird
October 18th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Roll, shades of last year. All we can do is keep winning. At the end of the day we won at home and on the road twice in the playoffs to make the Championship game. Hopefully we continue to use it as motivation.

KPSUL
October 18th, 2015, 02:08 PM

Southern Utah
Northern Arizona
Weber State
Charleston Southern
Villanova
Towson
New Hampshire
Princeton
Yale
NC A&T
South Dakota
Eastern Illinois
The Citadel
Furman
Western Carolina
Central Arkansas

Dartmouth belongs in this group, not Princeton who lost to Brown yesterday. UNI belongs in this grouping. even with 2-4 record. Montana, Montana State and SELU belong in here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Dartmouth belongs in this group, not Princeton who lost to Brown yesterday. UNI belongs in this grouping. even with 2-4 record, as does Montana State. SELU belongs in here.

The Bobcats defense is terrible. I don't believe they're in the convo for Top 25...

Dartmouth is legit. Some people don't want to recognize the IL but it's definitely well above average this year. If only Harvard would step to the plate with their OOC scheduling...

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2015, 02:21 PM

Weren't you just griping about a couple spots in the AGS Poll as if it was some big deal to whine about?

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Roll, shades of last year. All we can do is keep winning. At the end of the day we won at home and on the road twice in the playoffs to make the Championship game. Hopefully we continue to use it as motivation.

This has nothing to do with the Redbirds. It's about Iowa being overrated. You guys and your martyr complex. xlolx

No one is knocking ISU's start.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2015, 02:39 PM
This has nothing to do with the Redbirds. It's about Iowa being overrated. You guys and your martyr complex. xlolx

Zactly, they are and will continue to be respected...no matter what sort of crap they want to feed each other about what is going on. If you are top 5 you are damn good and very well could be the top team...it's just an unknown...by anyone.

Trying to use this as some sort of "disrespect" is f'n BS and cry baby **** on top of that.

Rollbird5
October 18th, 2015, 02:49 PM

I'd say Iowa is definitely overrated, they haven't beat anyone and even if they win out they wouldn't of beat anyone good lol In my previous post I was just stating where they were at in the new poll

Rollbird5
October 18th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Weren't you just griping about a couple spots in the AGS Poll as if it was some big deal to whine about?

Don't think that was me lol someone else is named Rollbirds so maybe them?

Rollbird5
October 18th, 2015, 02:52 PM

I agree, we hold our destiny in our hands. Win out and we should be top 2 team and should have home field advantage in playoffs

Cocky
October 18th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Yes. I can see how Tenn-Martin should be considered, although they played Bethel (NAIA) so I think technically they are viewed as 3-2. They played JSU tough though. They could be a late season riser if they keep winning.

The JSU game wasnt a very close game. The score was close but JSU scored or controlled the game when the coaches felt it was needed.

UTM should be consider for the top 25 as they have a good team and very good coach.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Don't think that was me lol someone else is named Rollbirds so maybe them?

Yeah, sorry dude, my mistake. It was fly high.

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I mean...being a poll voter is fun, but team chaos is reigning supreme this year, and makes it so difficult to do this. At least it makes it "easier" to not slot vote every week.

Tribal
October 18th, 2015, 04:33 PM
One team is 3-0 against top 25 teams.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 04:37 PM

This is a perfect example of why I think the ranking of when they played is meaningless. How many of those teams will be ranked in the top 25 when the poll is released on Monday?

Tribal
October 18th, 2015, 04:38 PM
This is a perfect example of why I think the ranking of when they played is meaningless. How many of those teams will be ranked in the top 25 when the poll is released on Monday?
True, but you have to take into account how much dropping that one game factored into those teams falling out of the top 25.

ElCid
October 18th, 2015, 04:51 PM

Those three teams are now 8-9. Still all good wins, but that is why we all have to do our homework and keep up with how the season goes instead remembering past glory from earlier in the season. If the illogical transitive solution brought about by the NDSU-Montana-Cal-Poly-Liberty conundrum taught us anything, it should be that.

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 05:04 PM

It's not meaningless. Some teams play better or worse as the season goes on. Injuries also play a factor. EG: the Montana team that beat NDSU was not the same team that lost to Weber.

Hint: there's also a SOS factor. If people based it solely off top 25 wins I could see the gripe but it's just one tool in the kit.

GoBlueHens83
October 18th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know Robertson's status with Villanova? Is he coming back?

Done for the year.

http://articles.philly.com/2015-10-07/sports/67170778_1_top-offensive-player-villanova-qb-john-robertson-blue-hens

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 05:24 PM
The JSU game wasnt a very close game. The score was close but JSU scored or controlled the game when the coaches felt it was needed.

UTM should be consider for the top 25 as they have a good team and very good coach.

I feel like those two statements are somewhat conflicting in nature. :D

JALMOND
October 18th, 2015, 05:26 PM
It's not meaningless. Some teams play better or worse as the season goes on. Injuries also play a factor. EG: the Montana team that beat NDSU was not the same team that lost to Weber.

Hint: there's also a SOS factor. If people based it solely off top 25 wins I could see the gripe but it's just one tool in the kit.

There is also the Any Given Saturday factor, the one that Chris Berman on ESPN always says, "Sometimes, you just have to play the game". Granted, in our games against Washington State and North Dakota, the better team that day won (one was us, and one wasn't). But you play those two games now and the outcomes quite possibly could be different. I wouldn't want to play Wazzu again, given what I saw against the Ducks and the Beavers. But I would love another shot at North Dakota, now that we have opened up our offensive playbook a little bit more since that game.

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Those three teams are now 8-9. Still all good wins, but that is why we all have to do our homework and keep up with how the season goes instead remembering past glory from earlier in the season. If the illogical transitive solution brought about by the NDSU-Montana-Cal-Poly-Liberty conundrum taught us anything, it should be that.

They may still be good wins, not saying they are or they aren't. I definitely agree that everyone should do their homework and not rely on the past ranking from the current or previous seasons.

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 05:53 PM

Ok, If you provide value to a team's previous and/or early season ranking - do you provide more value to their current ranking? Or does the previous ranking mean more to you?

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 05:55 PM
True, but you have to take into account how much dropping that one game factored into those teams falling out of the top 25.

Yes, but it is only one game. We are far enough into the season at this point that one game shouldn't make or break the team's ranking. It is based on their body of work.

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Yes, but it is only one game. We are far enough into the season at this point that one game shouldn't make or break the team's ranking. It is based on their body of work.

Agreed. We're also at the point in the season where one game can be the difference between being ranked and not. Hence the wins against top 25 thing is simply one more piece of the puzzle but not a key factor.

Another example: if UNI falls out of the top 25, a win against them should still carry more weight than a win against Chuck South, NCA&T, or EKU.

If you dig deep enough.

ekufbfan
October 18th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Agreed. We're also at the point in the season where one game can be the difference between being ranked and not. Hence the wins against top 25 thing is simply one more piece of the puzzle but not a key factor.

Another example: if UNI falls out of the top 25, a win against them should still carry more weight than a win against Chuck South, NCA&T, or EKU.

If you dig deep enough.
lol...why include EKU in your analogy. Plain you know nothing about EKU. There are more examples you could cite, but then I'm not surprised by the bias when it comes to EKU.

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2015, 08:12 PM
lol...why include EKU in your analogy. Plain you know nothing about EKU. There are more examples you could cite, but then I'm not surprised by the bias when it comes to EKU.
Everyone clearly hates EKU. xbabycryx

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Actually, it's a perfect example. UNI has two better wins than any on EKU's schedule and their weakest opponent was a solid Poly team that played an almost equally difficult schedule. They've had two one possession road losses to top 5 opponents and one at home to a top 25. They might pick up another this week against SDSU.

UNI would be favored by everyone who is not a fan of the OVC on a neutral field against EKU and probably favored by most @ EKU. UNI would be 4-2 and ranked with EKU's schedule.

My point.

Fear the Bird
October 18th, 2015, 08:44 PM

Said team is also 0-1 against Delaware...

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 09:15 PM

If you dig deep enough.

I'm not buying the one loss will keep you out of the rankings. I don't see many teams that would drop out just because of one loss. There are usually 1-3 more losses that are contributing at this point.

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I'm not buying the one loss will keep you out of the rankings. I don't see many teams that would drop out just because of one loss. There are usually 1-3 more losses that are contributing at this point.

Really?

UNH
Nova
MSU
SELA
Samford
Weber State
Liberty
Lamar
SDU

To name a few...

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Really?

UNH
Nova
MSU
SELA
Samford
Weber State
Liberty
Lamar
SDU

To name a few...
Hmm - I don't see any 1 loss teams there.

UNH - 3 losses
Nova - 3 losses
MSU - 3 losses
SELA - 3 losses
Samford - 3 losses
Weber State - 3 losses
Liberty - 4 losses
Lamar - 3 losses
SDU - 3 losses

Like I said. One loss won't keep those teams out but 3-4 will. Heck, some of those teams may be ranked come Monday afternoon.

ST_Lawson
October 18th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Hmm - I don't see any 1 loss teams there.

UNH - 3 losses
Nova - 3 losses
MSU - 3 losses
SELA - 3 losses
Samford - 3 losses
Weber State - 3 losses
Liberty - 4 losses
Lamar - 3 losses
SDU - 3 losses

Like I said. One loss won't keep those teams out but 3-4 will. Heck, some of those teams may be ranked come Monday afternoon.

I think what he's saying isn't that they have 1 loss and wouldn't be ranked because of that, but that they're "borderline" teams right now and an additional loss would drop them out or an additional win would put them (back) in the top 25.

kalm
October 18th, 2015, 10:04 PM
I think what he's saying isn't that they have 1 loss and wouldn't be ranked because of that, but that they're "borderline" teams right now and an additional loss would drop them out or an additional win would put them (back) in the top 25.

No ****. Lol.

tribefan40
October 18th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Said team is also 0-1 against Delaware...

URI 20 - 0 UD

rokamortis
October 18th, 2015, 10:16 PM

Then he makes my point. Schools are, or should be, ranked on their body of work, not just one game.

gotts
October 18th, 2015, 10:45 PM
URI 20 - 0 UD

I think that only helps his argument lol

Catsfan90
October 18th, 2015, 11:15 PM

Exactly what I was going to say. Just makes their loss to Delaware that much worse.

Fear the Bird
October 19th, 2015, 02:39 AM
URI 20 - 0 UD

Yes precisely why I still haven't reinserted W&M in my top 25 thank you for making my point for me...sarcasm clearly lost on you lol thinking I was saying Delaware is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tribe_pride
October 19th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Yes precisely why I still haven't reinserted W&M in my top 25 thank you for making my point for me...sarcasm clearly lost on you lol thinking I was saying Delaware is good

Do you only have 2 CAA teams in your top 25 then (JMU and Richmond) since we beat the next 2 best CAA teams Nova and UNH (with Goldrich back) by 22 and 16 points? Would be interesting to see who you have at the bottom of your top 25

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2015, 08:08 AM

fear the Bird, thanks for the gamesmanship you showed all season in the AGS fantasy baseball league, our Hens might suck but 2 Hen fans tied for first is alright by me! I admit my team choked as I dropped a 1/2 point on last AB of season haha

mmiller_34
October 19th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Dartmouth belongs in this group, not Princeton who lost to Brown yesterday. UNI belongs in this grouping. even with 2-4 record. Montana, Montana State and SELU belong in here.

I didn't include those teams because most were ranked in last weeks poll.

Fear the Bird
October 19th, 2015, 08:15 AM
fear the Bird, thanks for the gamesmanship you showed all season in the AGS fantasy baseball league, our Hens might suck but 2 Hen fans tied for first is alright by me! I admit my team choked as I dropped a 1/2 point on last AB of season haha

It was quite the battle especially in September! I appreciate the competition as I scrambled all season long and found a way to finally match you

Fear the Bird
October 19th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Okay you win as I had to reinsert them this week by attrition of the rest of the candidates. I can not say where I have them ranked until 12:01 but it's lower tier

tribefan40
October 19th, 2015, 01:18 PM

Yeah I don't think I misunderstood your comment at all. We lost to a UD team playing their best game in two years while we couldn't have been more out of sync. The loss to UD is our data outlier at this point, getting shut out by URI is a different level of sad.

tribefan40
October 19th, 2015, 01:22 PM

I don't think getting shut out by Rhody helps anything...

tribefan40
October 19th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Exactly what I was going to say. Just makes their loss to Delaware that much worse.

Meh. AGS. As long as we keep winning, doesn't matter.

gotts
October 19th, 2015, 01:30 PM
I don't think getting shut out by Rhody helps anything...

Losing to a team that URI shut out?

Fear the Bird
October 19th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Yeah I don't think I misunderstood your comment at all. We lost to a UD team playing their best game in two years while we couldn't have been more out of sync. The loss to UD is our data outlier at this point, getting shut out by URI is a different level of sad.

What does the level of sad that UD is currently in have to do with anything? Classic reaction by a bitter fan instead of an intelligent conversation. There is absolutely no excuse to lose to Delaware this year and consider yourself a contender.

You keep strengthening my argument that they shouldn't sniff the top 15...I have them at 21 this week and rising but mostly because the rest of the country continues to crumble

tribe_pride
October 19th, 2015, 02:41 PM
In reality, we'll see what the Tribe is made of in 2 weeks against JMU. They seem to have rebounded well from a bad loss against Delaware (which a lot of teams have had bad losses this year) with strong wins against Nova and UNH (with Goldrich back). JMU will go against its 2nd toughest to date Sagarin ranked team against Richmond this week (Richmond at 127 while SMU at 121) followed by W&M (Sagarin 106). Next 2 weeks will show where JMU, Richmond and W&M really are in their round robin before Richmond-W&M meet on final week of the regular season. Nice that each gets to host and go to 1 of the other likely "top 3" in the CAA.

That all assumes none of these 3 gets another upset again:
JMU remaining - Richmond, @W&M, Bye, @Delaware, Nova
W&M remaining - @Hampton, JMU, @Elon, Towson, @Richmond
Richmond remaining - @JMU, Albany, @UNH, @Nova, W&M

tribefan40
October 19th, 2015, 05:57 PM
What does the level of sad that UD is currently in have to do with anything? Classic reaction by a bitter fan instead of an intelligent conversation. There is absolutely no excuse to lose to Delaware this year and consider yourself a contender.

You keep strengthening my argument that they shouldn't sniff the top 15...I have them at 21 this week and rising but mostly because the rest of the country continues to crumble

I'm honestly not sure how it is I'm strengthening your argument, which is flawed to say the least. So far w&m has one terrible performance against a team that played their best of the year. Our performance against you is our outlier, your performance against us is yours. My responses have been based solely on your take that w&m is a poor team due to this one game, not taking any of the factors above in to account. The ribbing due to the uri shutout is just for my own amusement. Was that intelligent enough?

Fear the Bird
October 19th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I never said they were a poor team this all started from me calling a top 10 ranking aggressive

LeadBolt
October 19th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Losing to a team that URI shut out?

Vs. Losing to a team that lost to a team Liberty beat...

tribefan40
October 19th, 2015, 06:06 PM
I never said they were a poor team this all started from me calling a top 10 ranking aggressive

Fair Enough xpeacex

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2015, 06:56 AM
I'm honestly not sure how it is I'm strengthening your argument, which is flawed to say the least. So far w&m has one terrible performance against a team that played their best of the year. Our performance against you is our outlier, your performance against us is yours. My responses have been based solely on your take that w&m is a poor team due to this one game, not taking any of the factors above in to account. The ribbing due to the uri shutout is just for my own amusement. Was that intelligent enough?

Delaware has 2 exploitable areas of weakness, QB and receivers. Your coaching staff declined to exploit that, besides Delaware defense is playikng better than past years and despite our top 2 RBs being injured we just plugged in the next two.

Now the Rhode Island staff knew what to do

caribbeanhen
October 21st, 2015, 10:15 AM
It was quite the battle especially in September! I appreciate the competition as I scrambled all season long and found a way to finally match you

and take this comment to the bank, if Clenz had won vice quitting he would have a nice blue ribbon or playa badge but what did we get? Nada!

but thanks for giving me something to do Sir Clenz. Haha